Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-22, 21:51   Link #81
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Ikari View Post
Gah! Well just spent the better part of 2 weeks downloading Maburaho and it turns out it's dubbed which would be fine except it also has subtitles that are different from the dialogue... In any case, I was just curious about a few things. . .

First off what does a DVD rip really mean? I don't know much about computers and all that but I assumed all Fansub groups do in these situations is copy the DVD version onto a file or something; but do they bother subbing it? Or is it usually dubbed? In any case if all of the above are wrong, what do Fansub groups do with DVD rips?

Secondly, is there some way for me to turn the subbed version on rather than use the dubbed version + subtitles? The voice actors are somewhat bad and the differences between the dialogue and subtitles are really distracting me...

Lastly; this seems to be a somwhat unknown Anime with few groups having fansubbed it but can anyone recommend a group that did a good job on Maburaho? Thanks!
Geh, nub. Most likely you've got a dual audio version. Download ZoomPlayer or similar and right click on the screen to change the language and toggle subtitles on/off.

Oh, and you might not want to flaunt downloading licensed anime on this board... not sure on the rules in this case.
(you're most definitely not supposed to ask who has subbed licensed anime)
Old 2006-11-22, 23:05   Link #82
Alex Ikari
Berserk Knight

Oh thanks and sorry, I wasn't aware it was Licensed. As far as the Dual Audio things go, the subtitles are okay but is there anyway I can switch it over to the Japanese voice-acting?
Old 2007-11-19, 19:02   Link #83
darthsait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Ikari View Post
I've actually seen Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, honestly I was in love with the series until the plot started to darken. I got so pissed when Mitsuki cheated on Takayuki that I just deleted the whole thing right afterwards. Oh and like I mentioned, I can be pretty open to the length, Gundam Wing and Seed for example were about 50 episodes each and they were generally good. (KiraCagalli!) I'd just prefer if the series didn't reach Sailor Moon or Inuyasha lengths. x.x Thanks for all the suggestions!
hey man, this show is awsome, after the thing adrkens it actually gets really good....they did a nice job... i really recomend you finish watching it, also, watch school rumble, NOT school days, i hated school days but loved school rumble, its so damn funny lol, its a romance comedy, and the second season is even funnier, it took me a bit to figure out who the main male charachter was lol but it was great.
Old 2007-12-10, 02:26   Link #84
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

for all those who love romance anime, you need to to watch Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

and anyone that thinks other wise - we need to talk
Old 2007-12-10, 02:29   Link #85
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity View Post
Wow, I think you're the first person I've ever come across who didn't love Mahoraba to bits. To each their own I guess
are your talking about about Mahoraba or Maburaho?
Old 2007-12-10, 23:03   Link #86
kimchipride
Geass User

Kanon, Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Code Geass, Death Note, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Full Metal Alchemist, are all must-watches.
Old 2008-06-16, 18:55   Link #87
silas713

can anny one suggest a good site to wach romance anime
Old 2009-01-14, 20:21   Link #88
redbull-freak

Send a message via MSN to redbull-freak Send a message via Yahoo to redbull-freak
good romance/school life anime

OK i need a good anime series with romance and id prefer school life but ill deal with what ever i get and the lead characters have to be pretty are i cant watch it so please help me im running out of animes.so far Ive watched these Ouran high school host club, inuyasha,moon phase, full moon, school days, school rumble, chobits, paradise kiss, lumune, honey x honey drops, honey and clover, vampire knight, black blood brothers,fruits baskets, loveless, peach girl, love.com, dn angel, the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya, gravitation, romeo & Juliet, magikno and ai yori aoshi so please help me....
Old 2009-01-18, 03:44   Link #89
seckcimike

MY #1 romance anime of all time is "itazura na kiss" oh men, i swear to you its the best story line, its just so sad that after watching it my expectation has gotten so high that other romance anime seems corny to me now.
Old 2009-01-18, 12:52   Link #90
MamoruUsagi

Bokura ga Ita
Kare Kano
Mars
Paradise Kiss
The Devil Does Exist
Kare First Love
Happy Hustle High
Fushigi Yuugi
Marmalade Boy
Ayashi no Ceres
Sailor Moon
Peach Girl
Ultra Cute
High School Debut
Akuma De Sourou
Fushigi Yugi
Ultra Maniac
Absolute Boyfriend
We Were There
Doubt!!
Ceres Celestial Legend

These are romance manga which show the couple as boyfriend and girlfriend and dating and in a relationship during the series with lots of kissing, sex, making out, break ups, pregnancies, engagements, marriages, weddings, the couple dating and moving in together, the couple having a child. These actually show the couples in real relationships.

Ceres Celestial Legend the manga is much better than the anime, in the manga the couple is shown dating for a much longer time, the couple has lots of scenes kissing in bed and making out in hotel rooms, the couple has sex all the time, the couple has lots of scenes as a couple in a relationship, walking arm in arm, holding hands, kissing in bed, making out in hotel rooms, having sex, living together, so when the main character gets pregnant with his child, it shows why, because there are lots of sex scenes.

Fushigi Yugi the manga is much longer and better than the anime. In the manga, the couple is engaged for a long time, the couple has lots of kissing scenes, very romanbtic sex scenes, lots of scenes making out in bed and the couple's relationship is deeper and more mature and you get to see a much more romantic sex scene and marriage proposal in the manga, plus the couple has a child.

Mars is an amazing and realistic romance manga, the couple is boyfriend and girlfriend and dating the entire series, they break up for a bit, but they are dating and boyfriend and girlfriend in every volume, there are lots of kissing scenes, some sex scenes, the couple is living together and they get engaged and are in a deep, passionate, realistic, committed relationship. Lots of kissing and some sex.

Kare First Love is a manga where the couple is dating and boyfriend and girlfriend the entire series. The couple has some break ups and fights about sex, but are in a deep, realistic, commited relationship. There are lots of kissing scenes, some sex scenes, dating, break ups, makeout sessions, lots of kissing, the couple is in a deep, committed relationship the entire series.

The Devil Does Exist has a couple that is boyfriend and girlfriend and dating and in a realistic relationship.

Sailor Moon manga is much more romantic than the anime, the couple is boyfriend and girlfriend the entire series, they get married, they become husband and wife, they have a child, they become king and queen of the earth, in the present they are a couple and dating and in a relationship as boyfriend and girlfriend and they have already met their future child.

Happy Hustle High has a couple that is boyfriend and girlfriend and datign and in a relationship the entire series without breaking up.

Bokura ga Ita has a couple that is dating at the beginning of the series.

Peach Girl the main character has two boyfriends and dates them both on and off.

Marmalade Boy has many couples that are dating and break up on and off.

High School Debut has a couple that is boyfriend and girlfriend and dating and in a relationship during the series.

Absolute Boyfriend has the main couple dating and in a relaitonship the entire series with lots of kissing all the time.

Fushigi Yuugi and Ayashi no Ceres are great romance manga.
Old 2009-01-23, 17:30   Link #91
redbull-freak

Send a message via MSN to redbull-freak Send a message via Yahoo to redbull-freak
thank you i know i love sailor moon and ive checked out a couple of those all ready thank you so much you were a great help
Old 2009-01-23, 17:41   Link #92
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes
Love Hina was pretty good, though i would only recommend manga... maybe to-Love-ru, I haven't been paying much attention to any anime anymore. No time. though i have been reading a bunch of manga...
Ichigo 100% was good, hugely romance,
Mahoraba - a little childish, but really good.
Onegai teacher, and maybe its sequel onegai twins.
REC is pretty nice
Suzuka was enthralling

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?
Old 2009-01-23, 19:17   Link #93
redbull-freak

sweet man thank you i know most of the anime sucks especially when your into the manga thank you.
Old 2009-01-23, 19:31   Link #94
redbull-freak

dude thank you so much you helped a lot peace!!
Old 2009-02-19, 02:00   Link #95
darkvenom

well it look like ever one look for good romance so i that i just post my link to where my list is it at 144 long right now http://www.cyber12.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=976 mu is being a pain right now they put up there new layout now happy hour don't work for me right now so there no tell when i be about to update the list but enjoy
Old 2009-02-19, 02:06   Link #96
jedinat

Can we please stop bumping this thread? I don't appreciate meeting my naive past-self again. He pisses me off.
Old 2009-02-19, 07:30   Link #97
Otus

jedinat, I apologize for the bump, but every time "Itazura na Kiss" is mentioned I get this sudden urge to rage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seckcimike View Post
MY #1 romance anime of all time is "itazura na kiss" oh men, i swear to you its the best story line, its just so sad that after watching it my expectation has gotten so high that other romance anime seems corny to me now.
Naturally you're entitled to your opinion, but I really don't see how some people can like this so called "romance". There's no character development, no meaningful dialogue between the couple. Each and every promising moment is ruined with an awkward, out-of-place comedy and horrible plot twists.

I can't even begin to understand how fucked up a person has to be to go trough same kind of treatment that Kotoko does for the better half of the series. Yes, it's not real life and the abuse is there for comedic value(because toying with peoples emotion is FUN! - watch School Days for details). Still, I find it disgusting and demeaning in so many ways that it's hard for me to understand why this show was ever made.
Old 2009-02-25, 12:59   Link #98
CrimsonRose
Daylight Dancer

Anime Recommendation

I suggest you watch watch Kanon, Clannad, and the Clannad after story. These were all created by KEY, the same who made Air.
Old 2009-04-21, 07:23   Link #99
Neji0392

I have a suggestion for an anime. Shugo Chara! This anime revolves around Hinarmori Amu. She just transferred to Seiyo Elementry school and she's the new "Cool & Spicy". Although she shows her Cool & Spicy facade, she's actually a normal girl. One night, she wishes she could be different, and have a different personality -- But as she wakes up the next morning, she find 3 eggs on her bed!

Um, anyway, my summary might be a little "suck-y" but it's a very good show. It has a romance line in the show, but it also focuses on beating the 'bad guys'. There's no couples (so far) and there's a love triangle, too. The genre is: Supernatural Powers, Shoujo, romance, comedy (the comedy is very funny, imo), action.

The anime is still on-going, and so far is has 79 episodes. I'm not sure if you'll watch it because it has so many episodes already, but I really enjoy this anime. It's funny, and at some points you can get really worked up on what's going to happen, and it also has that romance put in there. You can find all of the episodes at animecrazy(dot)net

Also, if you start watching it, the first episode may seem a little dull to you, and if it does, please trust me that it gets better!
Old 2009-05-30, 20:16   Link #100
Mere

Toradora! was really good.
Ryūji Takasu looks like a gangster, but he's really gentle. His best friend is Yūsaku Kitamura and ends up in the same class as him. His crush Minori Kushieda and her best friend, Taiga Aisaka also end up in the same class as well. Taiga has a crush on Kitamura, so Ryuuji and Taiga make a deal to help each other get closer to their love interests. And when Ami Kawashima appears, things become super sticky.
It was hilarious at parts, and at other times serious, tons of drama and fun as well. With 25 episodes it was worth the watch.

Kyo Kara Maoh! is about Yuri Shibuya who is accidentally pulled into an alternate world, and ends up at Maoh, or King. There, he meets good friends, attempts to rule a country, deal with a jealous Fiancee, hide his alternate universe from his family, and stop a war among things. Oh - and learn the traditions and language as well, all while not getting killed. Despite it being about 3 seasons, it's a good watch. Full of laughter and twists that leave you dying for more.

Ouran High School Host Club is one of my favorites. The manga though, ten times better. This as well, is a "screwball comedy" featuring Haruhi who pretends to be a boy and joins the host club, where she meets the silent Mori, lolita Honey, the devilish Kyouya, handsome and eccentric Tamaki, and the troublesome twins, Hikaru and Kaoru. Lovely watch...enjoyable and sweet.

Gravitation was also a good anime, Shuichi who is in a band wants to be famous and when Yuki Eiri sees his song lyrics and makes fun of them, Shuichi is determined to find out why. He then struggles with his love for Yuki, a famous novelist and Yuki's unwillingness to open up. But because Yuki's past is so haunting, it makes Yuki closed, and Shuichi hurt by it. But because fate desires them to stay together, they always come back to each other. It's a wonderful anime and in my top ten favorites...a must see.
Closed Thread

Tags
romance