AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-09-05, 01:43   Link #101
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

Finally got around reading this. So through synchronization, Kazumi and Nico manage to defeat Soujus. The rest of the Pleiades Saints show up, and they want to take the Souju's soul gems also. Kazumi wants to know why, since she wants to share the burden with them. Too bad Saki doesn't want her to know. But then all of sudden, a witch appears, with Nico's body floating. Is it Nico's witch? Looks like it, but we will find out next chapter I guess.
Old 2011-09-05, 11:34   Link #102
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

The Pleiades Saints are all witches who were switched back by Kazumi, so occasionally the just flip back.

I called it
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 18:04   Link #103
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Proto: My theory is rather similar. What I think is that this isn't the first incarnation of the Pleiades. The thing is, Kazumi probably did something to the first team. The girls we have now came afterwards, and are probably trying to avoid what happened to the first team.
Old 2011-09-09, 17:43   Link #104
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Proto: My theory is rather similar. What I think is that this isn't the first incarnation of the Pleiades. The thing is, Kazumi probably did something to the first team. The girls we have now came afterwards, and are probably trying to avoid what happened to the first team.
That wouldn't explain why this team is collecting soulgems, or why Kazumi got no memory. They would simply remove her soulgem if she was a threat.

I agree with you, Kazumi did something, but those Pleiades were the original ones. Kazumi already saw them collecting gems, as stated.
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 07:49   Link #105
jigenbakuda
Kazumi sure is cute...

I am not sure when the translated version is supposed to come out but I read the raws of ch.9... It was so great to me as a wakaba mirai fan. In the translations I don't think they mentioned that she was a bokuko (I might go back and read the other raws to see if I can find other cool stuff). So now my favorite girl has intensified the moe in my heart. She also is a big part of this chapter and I got a whole page drawing of her And damn that costume is smexy... hope mirai doesn't get killed off anytime soon... but knowing the anime this was based off of...

Spoiler for pic of mirai:

If one sets a trap, isn't it the victim's fault for falling in?
jigenbakuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 23:00   Link #106
Jimmy C

Scanlation's out. Nico's doubles can certainly be said to be authentic. And the reason the Saints are collecting Soul Gems (and bodies!) is explained... next month.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-26, 18:29   Link #107
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Spoilers and scans out for Chapter 10!

Spoiler for Stuff:

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2011-10-26 at 22:11. Reason: Added link to spoiler images
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 08:21   Link #108
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Spoiler for Response to your spoiler:
Old 2011-10-27, 12:43   Link #109
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Spoiler for Response to Recent Spoilers:
Old 2011-10-27, 18:17   Link #110
Provocateur

Where did you guys find the raw scans? I'm dying to see them D:
Provocateur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 18:19   Link #111
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Provocateur View Post
Where did you guys find the raw scans? I'm dying to see them D:
Sorry, you'll have to look on Google or some other search engine.
Old 2011-10-28, 01:01   Link #112
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

http://bond555.blog91.fc2.com/blog-entry-491.html

For stuff relating to the spoilers I already mentioned, as well as page images for those who can't find the RAWs themselves.
Old 2011-11-10, 02:15   Link #113
Xion Valkyrie

Scanlated chapter is out.

Anyways, has it been confirmed that this takes place after Madoka. The latest chapter seems to imply the witch system is still there, which would mean it takes place before Madoka...

Where was the Sayaka reference?
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 04:12   Link #114
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Scanlated chapter is out.

Anyways, has it been confirmed that this takes place after Madoka. The latest chapter seems to imply the witch system is still there, which would mean it takes place before Madoka...

Where was the Sayaka reference?
You probably weren't reading it carefully. Sayaka appears in page 3, on the top right panel, and page 5 on the top panel.

Anyways, it's nice to see everything finally being revealed. So the Pleiades Saints have good intentions, trying to save all magical girls from turning into witches. Their methods are definitely extreme though. And some of the backstory of the Saints...damn...and so it is also revealed that Kazumi was apparently a magical girl before them, and saved them from committing suicide from a witch's kiss. Can't wait to see her backstory fully revealed.
Old 2011-11-10, 04:53   Link #115
Xion Valkyrie

Huh, maybe the raw is different because in the scanlated version the shading is so dark that I can't really tell at all.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 11:53   Link #116
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
I'm sure someone will theorize about Walpurgis with this chapter, but I'm sure I'm not the only person who thought "what happens if the seal breaks and all of those girls, with unpurified gems on the verge of becoming Witches, break free?"

It reminded me a lot of Ghostbusters and the containment unit....it was fine until it was shut off, at which point the concentrated number of ghosts escaping unleashed something even worse.

I'm starting to wonder if that's Jyubey's role here. Kazumi has a desire to save girls from becoming Witches, and has some power to do so. This "rejection" system was started by her, but the Saints have done the job of adding a lot of girls to it. Kyubey's plan was fairly limited...in the Madoka anime it's implied that having so many girls in one town is unusual. Here you have the Saints and even more captured girls who aren't quite Witches (yet). If Jyubey's plan is to get them to all hatch at once, the resulting energy explosion would be huge and who knows what kind of Witch would be created. It makes me wonder why he can't purify them given that he has that capacity. They can't be as far gone as Yuri's, which he did try to purify.

The unknowns of course are whatever Kazumi wished for, what her powers actually are, and if there is really a way to purify and restore the girls to humans. We do know that since Witches exist, this is a universe that God-Madoka hasn't been to yet (or hasn't contracted yet), and that because of that all of the girls are going to become Witches at some point because of the system. Nico only escaped because of her wish, but luck will run out sooner or later for all of them. The only unknown being Kazumi of course, because we don't know what that flashback in the first chapter means yet.
Old 2011-11-10, 15:30   Link #117
zeando
maybenotimome

...why the hell was nico playing with a real gun?.. and the bullet bounced on a vase?? O_o
guess next chapter for the second part of the flashback

so all the rejecting plan is about finding a way to turn back to human the soulgems, a way usable by other magical girls i presume

jubey ammitting he/incubators extract souls to turn in soulgems like there is no fault by their part in the witch trasformation process
makes me think or he's playing dumb or jubey has some sort of deal with the pleaides, which negates him to sign more contracts while they are trying their plan

so it's still not totally clear jubey's position in all this plan: (both 3 option taken as genuinely)
-supporting, it was part his idea and he's actively going against the sistem
-neutral, it wasn't his idea but looks interested and untill it's proven useless he won't interfere
-triky/opposing(1), the plan is all an elaborated trap if it was his idea,
-opposing(2), at the right time he'll interfere making it horribly crash if it wasn't his original idea
zeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 04:27   Link #118
Jimmy C

Well, the Saints have gathered a large cache of Gems on the verge of shattering. If something goes wrong during an operation to save all those girls, those gems could all shatter simultaneously. That would be a major haul.
Old 2011-11-25, 12:15   Link #119
zato_1one

Huge spoiler Image
Spoiler for New Mahou Shoujo in the series:
Old 2011-11-25, 12:31   Link #120
Jimmy C

Note the black borders around the panels. This is a flashback sequence.

Tags
seinen, spin-off