AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-07-14, 15:20   Link #9101
Bern-san

I am one of those who hopes that Mira kicks Minerva's ass
Still can't believe that none of the spirits summoned by itself to save her... I know that for plot reasons (Lucy mental breakdown?) they didn't do it but still...

I want Zeref appearing (I'm expecting him to make an appearance), killing Sting ala Zancrow and after the arc is over Rogue to become a Fairy Tail member
Old 2012-07-14, 16:29   Link #9102
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Also it is largely Natsu's fault that Lucy got so badly hurt she completely oblivous to the fact that he had essentialy started a war with an extremely powerful guild and she should have been one of the first people he told.
Natsu questioning the humanity of a certain guild of psychos is not his fault. It's their fault for taking things to the extreme.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 16:44   Link #9103
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Natsu questioning the humanity of a certain guild of psychos is not his fault. It's their fault for taking things to the extreme.
I think what he means is that, if Natsu hadn't rampaged through ST then Minerva wouldn't have been so brutal with Lucy.

To that I say...maybe or maybe not. Being brutal is nothing new to ST and with FT gaining on them in popularity after their displays in the day before, having one of FT get mauled and shown beneath ST would be a plausible course of action for someone like Minerva.

You could argue that it was Natsu's fault. In a way, you could say that it was his actions that triggered this event to happen...but then again the aggressor is Minerva so all fault could still fall on her. It depends on the point of view really.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 21:11   Link #9104
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Natsu didn't simply question Sabertooth's humanity he went in there and picked a fight with extremely powerful group of psychos and didn't bother to tell his guild. Instead he let's Lucy walk into fight against an extremely powerful enemy looking to get a pound flesh not knowing what the situation was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I think what he means is that, if Natsu hadn't rampaged through ST then Minerva wouldn't have been so brutal with Lucy.

To that I say...maybe or maybe not. Being brutal is nothing new to ST and with FT gaining on them in popularity after their displays in the day before, having one of FT get mauled and shown beneath ST would be a plausible course of action for someone like Minerva.
I agree with you that ST is a brutal group but Minerva said they'll get even with them in magic tourment then the first chance she gets in the games she totures one of the members of FT who is closest to Natsu that seems a little to coincidental.

Quote:
You could argue that it was Natsu's fault. In a way, you could say that it was his actions that triggered this event to happen...but then again the aggressor is Minerva so all fault could still fall on her. It depends on the point of view really.
Or you could blame both like I do I never said Natsu was entirely to blame but some fault does fall to him both for starting this feud and for not informing his guild what was going but that doesn't excuse Minerva actions either.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 21:26   Link #9105
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:

It was Natsu's actions that lead to the extremity and singling out of Lucy. Now you are right that brutality is common from Minerva in all likelihood, along with FT rise again too being part of it. That said the straw that broke the camels back and made her go the extra mile so publicly was Natsu's actions challenging her inner beliefs of her guilds superiority and embarrassing her guild. She pretty much implied that she'd do this as Natsu left Sabertooth's lodge, so it clearly was part of her reasoning in the assault on Lucy.

Most likely she went as far as she did not only to avenge her guilds embarrassment, uphold her belief that they are the number one guild, and since it's just her standard pattern thus far but also because she was in doubt herself after Natsu's fight with Gamma... so she went as far as she did to reaffirm her guilds standing not only to herself but the rest of the guild whom needed a reminder why they are such bad asses and number 1 (you saw their "That's right FT, Minerva just kicked her ass" faces, they needed something like this to justify everything they believed in), especially after 2/3rds of them got their asses kicked by Natsu. Bullies are like that, shallow under neath it all and insecure a bit too... just like phantom lord was back in the day.

Now this is just my belief, but I think it fits her actions and character. I agree with you pointing out it doesn't justify her actions and is kinda normal to her but I think she went a bit further than normal and very public ally too boot this time as well. After all this time, from her point of view, it is personal so why not take it a bit further than normal.

Last edited by Ryus; 2012-07-14 at 21:38.
Ryus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 05:11   Link #9106
xKeir
Upon a wishing Star

Actually guys..

I just thought. Minerva probably got pissed off with Lucy's 'I can't lose due to not being able to face my guildmates' w/ defeat attitude' despite clearly knowing the difference between them. From her elitist point of view she probably felt that Lucy was mocking her. That's why she suddenly went badshitcrazy to prove that whatever Lucy was doing was futile.

Also, seeing how her Dad is one hell of a ruthless asshole, it's no wonder the daughter turned out like that. I'm just sayin. :goingtohellforthis:

I really doubt its cuz of the previous incident with Natsu [mainly b'cuz she even acknowledged Erza's ability, and if she really wanted to she'd have went all out in the beginning.]
Old 2012-07-15, 05:50   Link #9107
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

But you know, now that we know that Minerva's magic has something to do with space(how she made Happy who was in a different place appear in her arms and Lucy who was about to fall out appeared before her) it's no wonder she was able to "block" Natsu's attack it's more like she "moved" the attack to a different place.

I think all of SaberTooth have some sort of inferiority-complex and need to prove their worth by beating someone... What Saber did in 7 years does come close to what Fairy Tail did in a span of a year...
DarkSkiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 14:57   Link #9108
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKeir View Post
Actually guys..

I just thought. Minerva probably got pissed off with Lucy's 'I can't lose due to not being able to face my guildmates' w/ defeat attitude' despite clearly knowing the difference between them. From her elitist point of view she probably felt that Lucy was mocking her. That's why she suddenly went badshitcrazy to prove that whatever Lucy was doing was futile.

Also, seeing how her Dad is one hell of a ruthless asshole, it's no wonder the daughter turned out like that. I'm just sayin. :goingtohellforthis:
Well certainly do have a point and I'm sure that didn't help matter and ST definetly isn't where showing mercy.

Quote:
I really doubt its cuz of the previous incident with Natsu [mainly b'cuz she even acknowledged Erza's ability, and if she really wanted to she'd have went all out in the beginning.]
As far as Ezra goes the snarky comment so they're not all just talk isn't really indictive of her dropping the matter and with Lucy well considering how ST treats people who lose I'd say it makes prefect sense why she waited to get revenge until she was sure she would win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSkiper View Post
I think all of SaberTooth have some sort of inferiority-complex and need to prove their worth by beating someone... What Saber did in 7 years does come close to what Fairy Tail did in a span of a year...
ST may have some sort inferiority-complex but it's not because of the time span since FT didn't come to prominence in a span of year it took them awhile to build things up. I'd say it's more the nagging question of which was really better ST or FT.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 06:46   Link #9109
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Why are Sabertooth's people laughing?

They do know they just dug their own graves. -_- Dumb asses, Laxus was watching I hope they know.

With that, If Laxus was put into the arena, it would have been a instant. win XD Just about everyone besides the sabertooth bitch would just hop out at the same time to get fair points before Laxus turns the entire water sphere into a giant death trap.

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2012-07-16 at 06:58.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 13:40   Link #9110
Nvis
Where are the good animes

^
Could say the same if Orga went in....
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 23:33   Link #9111
sergel02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
^
Could say the same if Orga went in....
Do i smell a Laxus vs. Orga fight? You know I do.
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 04:11   Link #9112
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

Raw is out!

Spoiler for FT 291:
DarkSkiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 04:47   Link #9113
Casshern

Spoiler for 292:

Last edited by Casshern; 2012-07-20 at 07:53.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 05:09   Link #9114
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Spoiler:
Old 2012-07-20, 05:10   Link #9115
ImperialFlameGod8190

Spoiler for 291 Spoiler:
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 05:21   Link #9116
Edge Meltdown