AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-02-18, 16:35   Link #21
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Figure-skater Ando Miki is in the news for her connection with a new singer called Ayaka 絢香, who just put out a song called "I Believe," which says that believing in yourself is where everything starts. The two girls were born on the same day (1987.12.18). They have corresponded, and Miki is using the song during practice. She says "the friend she hasn't met" has inspired her to include a quad salkow in her skate. Women's singles start this week, I think on Tuesday. Go Tazusa! I mean, Miki.

EDIT: I mean Shizuka!! I wonder if she's seen any of the show.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-03-19 at 15:12.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-24, 14:58   Link #22
Green²
It's bacon!

Kind of goes hand in hand, if you know what I mean.

Spoiler for Ep.12:

Great series though. And thx Arienai / Conclave.
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-24, 15:09   Link #23
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green²
Spoiler for Ep.12:
Spoiler for ep.12 + consideration:

Agree on the great series, my rate should be more or less a 8.5 out of 10. Thanks to both C1 both Arienai-Conclave. ^^

As a side note for the real race, yesterday. I obviously was rooting for my country fellow, Carolina Kostner (who ended 9th), but after having seen she was out of the games all of my support went to Shizuka Arakawa, I loved how she skated... a goddess ... and the judges fortunately were not drunk, in this case
Curious yet awesome, that Japan actually has gotten a golden medal in figure skating, I was glad

Last edited by Pellissier; 2006-02-24 at 15:27.
Pellissier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 02:58   Link #24
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

I guess this has been one of the rare times reality actually surpassed events in an anime.
I really liked it how this series (or the fansubs rather) timed so well with current world events.

I do wonder though -- is the ending all that? Or is the manga a little more elaborate
on what happens to Tasuza and Pete afterwards? Or has the manga not ended yet?
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 03:06   Link #25
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHDpro
I guess this has been one of the rare times reality actually surpassed events in an anime.
I really liked it how this series (or the fansubs rather) timed so well with current world events.

I do wonder though -- is the ending all that? Or is the manga a little more elaborate
on what happens to Tasuza and Pete afterwards? Or has the manga not ended yet?
The manga hasn't ended. In fact, just the first volume was published recently. The novelle series, on the other hand, is finished at three volumes (I'm pretty sure). Although I haven't read it. Reading novels in japanese is a very time consuming task for me...

On a side note, I'm making a special encode of the gold winning free skate as capped off of japanese tv Come to arienai's irc channel in a bit if you're curious. It's pretty annoyingly similar to the american coverage.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-19, 14:30   Link #26
Riria

WAH!!!! It ENDED!!!!!! There seems to be room for a sequel! So....I noticed at the very end there's something that says "See you next world stage". Is that part of the show of a translator's note?

If it's part of the show then there's DEFINATELY room for SEQUEL!
Riria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-19, 18:21   Link #27
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riria
WAH!!!! It ENDED!!!!!! There seems to be room for a sequel! So....I noticed at the very end there's something that says "See you next world stage". Is that part of the show of a translator's note?

If it's part of the show then there's DEFINATELY room for SEQUEL!
It's part of the show. So yeah, definintely look forward to a Ginban Kaliedoscope sequal in 2010!
Sam Pinansky
Old 2006-03-19, 19:59   Link #28
Xess
Go Suzuka!

Well, looking forward to your translations in 2010 then :P You had better be doing it, hehe.
Xess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-19, 21:04   Link #29
Riria

WHAAAAAT????? Is it confirmed??? That there's going to be a sequel??? IS IT!!!!!!

I'm SO going to watch it...but 2010??? I'll be 18 by then!!!! I dunno if I can wait that long......4 YEARS!!!!!
Old 2006-03-20, 00:24   Link #30
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

It was a joke! A joke!

(That's what Quarkboy's smilie was intended to signify though I think it should have been winking for clarity.)

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-20, 15:33   Link #31
Taboo
Riceball!

Send a message via Yahoo to Taboo
I just have to say what a WONDERFUL anime and thanks so much to the fansubbers who did this. I hadn't heard much about it, zero hype, so I wasn't really expecting great things. I was really pleased with it though. It is short, but sweet and the plot totally drew me in.

Spoiler:

Two thumbs up from me on this anime! I wish there were more, but I still like it for what it is.
Taboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-20, 17:13   Link #32
Riria

Aww!!! That was mean....You hyped me up....

You think it's possible for a second season in 2008? Summer olympics then....IN CHINA! Lol, that should be interesting to see....

PLEASE LET THERE BE A SECOND SEASON!

On yeah, I found scans for the novels...too bad it's in Japanese...put it fun to see the pictures in between...
Old 2006-03-20, 17:28   Link #33
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

It's so great to see this anime getting some of the love it deserves. I really think it's among Kawasumi Ayako's best roles. I think she made this show. The story was good, but she was fantastic. She played the tiny-voiced Matsuri in Ichigo Mashimaro, then the lovably bitchy Tazusa, and now she's playing a deep-voiced tough girl (and I mean tough) in the wild magical-girl parody Dai Mahou Touge. Now that's range.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-20, 17:50   Link #34
Riria

Here with the most unfortuate news....

The novel, which is 6 volumes long, splits in the middle. Switching the main character from Tazusa to Yoko, Tazusa's sister. End of volume 3 I believe is when Pete leaves...and the story is picked up by Yoko who's apparently learning how to figure skate now, and the boy she's in love with too...*sulk* Pete isn't mentioned I think....even though I can't read it...I can basicly tell what's going on by the pictures...

Even if there's going to be a second season...I think it's going to be about Yoko.
Old 2006-03-21, 05:05   Link #35
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riria
Here with the most unfortuate news....

The novel, which is 6 volumes long, splits in the middle. Switching the main character from Tazusa to Yoko, Tazusa's sister. End of volume 3 I believe is when Pete leaves...and the story is picked up by Yoko who's apparently learning how to figure skate now, and the boy she's in love with too...*sulk* Pete isn't mentioned I think....even though I can't read it...I can basicly tell what's going on by the pictures...

Even if there's going to be a second season...I think it's going to be about Yoko.
Speaking of Yoko, that's one thing I don't understand. Are Yoko and Tazusa full sisters? Half sisters? Completely unrelated?

According to the flashback in episode... 10 or so, Tazusa's parents got divorced when she was quite young, she looked about 6-8. So that means that Yohko was born right when they got divorced? Or is Yohko actually Coach's daughter from some previous marriage?
It's never made clear in the anime so if anyone knows the facts from the novel I'd be curious...
Sam Pinansky
Old 2006-03-21, 17:01   Link #36
Riria

Yoko has the last name Sakurano, she's Tazusa's full sister.

I read it somewhere....Can't remember...
Old 2006-03-31, 01:51   Link #37
Epoq
1-Up Mushroom

Thumbs up

Hey, I just wanted to say that you can add me to the list of people who love this anime.

I'm nearly finished watching it and I'm getting that same feeling I get near the end of all great anime--the feeling that I just don't want it to end. This is a highly over-looked gem.
Epoq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-29, 01:27   Link #38
Veritas
The Last Visible Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo
It really cracked me up on episode two when she inferred that she couldn't masturbate anymore.
I rarely do this, as I never really laugh out loud on the Internet, but LOL. You have a dirty mind, I like it. Tazusa was bent out of shape in episode 2 because she didn't want to crap. Remember her stomach was bothering her the whole time? And then she rushed to the bathroom at the end?

A good anime. Like so many have said, not the greatest; scenes were reused like crazy, the animation never really passed mediocre, and even the story itself was kinda predictable. The characters made it for me, as well as the ending. I wound up really liking Tazusa, and it was refreshing to see a fairly non-violent way she could get pissed off at Pete.

Is anyone keeping up with the manga? I guess I'll have to track it down.

I wish I'd seen this before the Olympics. i'd have paid more attention to the ice skating. Here's a belated Congratulations to Miss Shizuka Arakawa. Kinda funny how anime appears to be prophetic with Olympic winners (Tamura "Yawara-chan" Ryoko and all that).
Old 2006-08-08, 00:39   Link #39
Moogster

Quote:
It really cracked me up on episode two when she inferred that she couldn't masturbate anymore.
Did she really say that??
Moogster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-08, 04:14   Link #40
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
This bugs me, so I'm going to correct your misuse of words. You meant to say "implied," not "inferred." The listen infers; the speaker implies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogster
Did she really say that??
No, she didn't say it. She implied it. Read between the lines.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romance, shounen, sports