AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2008-08-06, 08:54   Link #241
Coruja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadeor View Post
k ty, gonna go ask for help on a latin fan forum
You're welcome, I'm not sure though... At some point I just hear "primitivi" which I'm pretty sure means "first". I cannot discern the rest though.
Coruja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 09:29   Link #242
tobiast88
No patience for fools

I think it's random chanting (took three years of latin). I guess we'll know for sure when the CD comes out.
tobiast88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 10:11   Link #243
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Sounds like latin to me which isn't unusual given the "tune". I really like how latin opera reach pitches that goes beyond word recognition

And thanks to "someone who I won't mention who has been torturing me to play the game" now I am completely hooked. Damn...

Good luck with the new patch ^^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 22:37   Link #244
tobiast88
No patience for fools

In Xenosaga II Yoko Kanno uses the same kind of thing, meaningless Gregorian-style chant. It sounds cool, but it's just sounds.
tobiast88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 08:40   Link #245
Nadeor
Asmodeus Saigo (>v<)/

Send a message via MSN to Nadeor
Darn it, looks like no one knows in the chinese forum either
God why did Ryukishi-okami-sama do this to us!? This is not like his style
Maybe you are right tobiast...

I was actually excited when I heard that the first line primitiviti meant 'first', so I thought maybe ryukishi wrote the epitaph in Latin to make it special to some fans...
Nadeor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 08:43   Link #246
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Considering how Ryukishi used pretty bad engrish for the OP, it would be too much to expect proper latin in it.
That said, speaking of which, it isn't necesseraly Ryukishi who did that. (should check the lyrics credits).
Old 2008-08-07, 12:42   Link #247
Rias

While the lyrics of the song were out for a while now, there hasn't been much mention of the words before the "Red beans are made in Tokachi~" line...
Old 2008-08-07, 16:16   Link #248
Bokunenjin

Would Italian be an option? Shikata Akiko (who did the Umineko OP) has, judging from the albums I've heard, probably done more songs in Italian than Japanese at this point.
Bokunenjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 16:48   Link #249
Rin Tohsaka

Well, I'm italian and I can't understand the introduction of the song!>___< I had an impression that it was latin (with a bit of italian maybe) too!
I heard that "primitivi" and it's surely latin, and I have to say that if my ears aren't wrong, I've heard something like: "Ancora non cambi\canti sai...?" it's difficult to understand it clearly!^^"
If this was right the line would means "You aren't changing\singing yet, you know...?"

By the way, I'm not posting so much, since my bad english, but I'm following all the Umineko threads and I can't wait for the next update of your patch!>***< Thank you for your wonderful job!^___^
Rin Tohsaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 22:21   Link #250
Rias

Here's a video that they translated the "lyrics"...even the "chanting" from the start...

Spoiler for Soramimi version:
Old 2008-08-07, 22:42   Link #251
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
Here's a video that they translated the "lyrics"...even the "chanting" from the start...

Klash, fuck the real lyrics... we're going with these
Old 2008-08-08, 22:55   Link #252
Nadeor
Asmodeus Saigo (>v<)/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
Klash, fuck the real lyrics... we're going with these
I...I...
囧rz!
Old 2008-08-08, 23:42   Link #253
Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post

http://www.mediafire.com/?2ynnvxv3anx
Direct download for the higher quality of the vid above. The lyric is obviously retarded but still, pretty funny.
Myriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 10:47   Link #254
Nadeor
Asmodeus Saigo (>v<)/

Guys, please don't tell me this is going to be the official opening of the English Patch...O_O
Old 2008-08-10, 16:53   Link #255
Coruja

Quote:
Guys, please don't tell me this is going to be the official opening of the English Patch...O_O
NO! I doubt that. Why, is there any subbed opening video planned as well? I saw one on youtube.

Anyway, how's it going guys? Could you enlighten us please? I mean, when are you planning on releasing the second patch? I'm not demanding anything at all, it is just that I have read the last few pages in this thread and it does look like you have the next step pretty much ready, so yeah...
Coruja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 18:50   Link #256
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Even for the lulz, it is too much I guess. It won't be used at all, obviously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraFilipa View Post
NO! I doubt that. Why, is there any subbed opening video planned as well? I saw one on youtube.

Anyway, how's it going guys? Could you enlighten us please? I mean, when are you planning on releasing the second patch? I'm not demanding anything at all, it is just that I have read the last few pages in this thread and it does look like you have the next step pretty much ready, so yeah...
The thing is that tobiast is currently checking the last chapter for the second patch, Chapter 3. The second patch normally is ready to go aside that point, but he is on vacation so his free time isn't exactly expanded.

The good news is that the chapters for the third patch are going smoothly (not like we are satying idle ) and we are almost done. In other words, the wait for the third patch will be far shorter than for the second one.
Old 2008-08-10, 20:40   Link #257
Little Machi
Banned

I'm more interested in when the patches will be made usable for the demo version of the game.
Little Machi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 20:47   Link #258
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

As I stated before, our top priority is a full functioning patch for episode 1 with Episode 2 game. Hence, there isn't any ETA nor project for a patch working on the demo yet.

Until Mion has some time to kill (which I doubt considering how things are busy on the futagotachi's side), I doubt we would have the time to work on that anytime soon.

I will probably test out the demo more in depth, but it seems it might be suitable enough for the the patch, though the title menu is very screwed up.
Old 2008-08-10, 21:09   Link #259
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Machi View Post
I'm more interested in when the patches will be made usable for the demo version of the game.
Adding on to what Klash said...

Since we're planning on making a patch that translates episode 2 as well after we're done with Ep 1. There's no point on making a demo patch as it's just a waste of Mion's time.

Also, if we did a patch that translates the demo less people would buy episode 2 for the episode 1 patch since the demo gives it to them free. This is bad as it creates a greater chance for 07th Expansion to tell me to stop the project.

In short: spend the money for episode 2 and support 07th Expansion and keep me out of hot water.

I don't like getting those e-mails
Old 2008-08-10, 21:38   Link #260
Nadeor
Asmodeus Saigo (>v<)/

I've donated a few hundreds bucks to 07-th already
Hopefully it helped XD

Tags
translation