Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-23, 12:02   Link #1
Katapan
俺様祭り

Tegami Bachi - Letter Bee (special)

Opening this thread for the Tegami Bachi - Letter Bee (テガミバチ) special.

Animation: Studio Pierrot.
Director: Mamoru Kanbe.
Music: Kunihiko Ryo.
Format: one episode of approx. 25 minutes.

Cast:

Miyuki Sawashiro as Lag Seeing
Ayumi Fujimura as Niche

Ami Koshimizu as Aria Link
Jun Fukuyama as Gauche Suede/Noir
Katsuyuki Konishi as Ralgo Lloyd
Naomi Nagasawa as Steak

Kazuhiro Oguro as Signal
Yu Kobayashi as Elena Fran

Manga thread.

Quoting NeoSam's original post on the anime announcement:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam
Letter Bee Anime Announced
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The official Japanese website for Hiroyuki Asada’s fantasy manga series Tegami Bachi ~ Letter Bee has announced that the story will be adapted into a short anime film that will screen in ten Japanese cities this fall as part of this year’s Jump Super Anime Tour promotional event. The short movie about a young boy working as a letter carrier in a strange fantasy land will join previously announced new Dragon Ball and One Piece short movies created exclusively for the touring promotional event.

Source: Anime News Network

I'm actually opening this thread in a hurry because I notice no one has done so yet... even though the anime short that's been aired in various places in Japan for the past few weeks has finally been made available on Jumpland! It's got English subtitles, along with other languages available. You have to download their player and you're set to watch this streaming version for free until the end of January, it seems.

Spoiler for quick impressions on ep1:

After this, I can only hope the rumor of Tegami Bachi being made into a TV series in 2009 turns out to be true (if the staff doesn't change, which shouldn't happen).

By the way, I posted this here since I don't really know if it belongs in the Fansubbed or the Licensed forum..? I hope mods don't mind moving this where it belongs.

Last edited by Katapan; 2008-11-23 at 13:19.
Old 2008-11-23, 13:50   Link #2
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Wow! That was so sad.

I really liked it. It's a 10. If they can keep it up, I hope it makes it to R1.

Thanks for the link.
Old 2008-11-24, 09:47   Link #3
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

That was a very satisfying adaptation of the manga. The music was spot on, the background designs had me in awe from star until finish and Miyuki Sawashiro does one hell of a adorable voice for Lag. She's perfect for his voice.

If the TV series adaptation does happen next year, i hope they stick with the same production team and voice actors. Especially stick with the composer of this special, Kunihiko Ryo --- who did an outstanding job here. There were only a few BGM pieces, but they were very fitting to the overall mood of the series. I'd love to hear more from him in this show.
Old 2008-11-24, 10:23   Link #4
Cherry Sun
</3

I really enjoyed the story, but one thing confused me somewhat... the constant use of referring to Lag as a female. I briefly read the manga back in the summer and I was always under the impression that Lag was a boy. But ehh w/e. Regardless I really hope they adapt more of this story.
Old 2008-11-24, 10:26   Link #5
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry Sun View Post
I really enjoyed the story, but one thing confused me somewhat... the constant use of referring to Lag as a female. I briefly read the manga back in the summer and I was always under the impression that Lag was a boy. But ehh w/e. Regardless I really hope they adapt more of this story.
The official website does say that Lag is a boy --- no idea why the subs have it saying "She". They probably just don't want to believe it.
Old 2008-11-24, 10:31   Link #6
ZODDGUTS

It's obvious Lag is a boy especially considering there's a

Spoiler for manga spoiler:

Go niche!
Old 2009-05-28, 02:04   Link #7
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post

Cast:

Miyuki Sawashiro as Lag Seeing
Ayumi Fujimura as Niche

Ami Koshimizu as Aria Link
Katsuyuki Konishi as Ralgo Lloyd
Naomi Nagasawa as Steak
I really hope they keep this cast for the future adaption, as everyone was spot on, not huge fan of Studio Pierrot however. Still they did a pretty good job for the most part CG bugs aside. I think it's a bit too early for an anime at this stage.
Old 2009-05-28, 11:48   Link #8
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
oh special 0_0 i got to see I saw this manga in the Q >.>
Old 2009-05-29, 17:10   Link #9
Falkor

I sort of forgot about this special...

awesome animation and great musical score... really enjoyed it.

I think the main reason why I bothered with this special in the first place was because Sawashiro Miyuki was cast to voice the main character. I've not been disappointed in the slightest by her great performance (the voice was sort of cute, actually ).

I liked the setting and I loved how the story developed towards the end. The way how they fleshed out Elena's close relationship with her partner was really touching, in my opinion---and the flashbacks worked very well to portray this.

The little segment that dealt with Lag's past was touching as well. Really loved Miyukichi's performance here.

hopefully the rumors for a series later this year will turn out to be true.
Old 2009-05-29, 20:44   Link #10
Fujikira
Sharp Dressed Symmetry

Quote:
Cast:
I was sold at firt sight when I heard him before in it.

In regards to the adaption the OVA was okay, it was well animated, had good music, and most of all adopted the characters perfectedly from the original manga form.
Old 2009-05-31, 22:31   Link #11
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Thanks for topping this thread (though it should be in "Fansubbed"). That was quite excellent - though obviously low-budget it was rather beautiful, almost like a series of ink on canvas sketches. I loved the way they captured how the old tanuki - or whatever the hell it was - Darwin moves just like a very, very old animal in real life does. I'll be very interested in checking this out if the series rumors are true.
Old 2009-06-02, 09:18   Link #12
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

A little late here but as they say its better late than never . Well I haven't seen the ONA/SPCL yet but looking forward to watching. Though I tend to avoid shows where the lead appears to be 12, I prefer them in late teens as I can somehow associate with the cast . But made an exception here as was blown away by the art from the show, on the site . Its truly spectacular and refreshing .

Hopefully its gets an anime season as planned ^__^
Old 2009-10-04, 08:45   Link #13
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Image Dump : )

Just to be safe posting here as some characters though appear in the OP of Anime have not appeared in episode itself . With ONA/Special that problem is absent : O