AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-21, 19:00   Link #121
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by roon View Post
^ I'm curious if that scene will be uncensored on the BD. The way the ceiling fixture/chandelier(?) was censoring Shion made it seem so.

I still find it hilarious (and awesome) that Psycho-Pass has so many fujoshi fans, but the series itself has the most blatant yuri
Oryo rikako's Arc and yayoi x Shion yuri yuri
Old 2013-03-21, 19:01   Link #122
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by roon View Post
^ I'm curious if that scene will be uncensored on the BD. The way the ceiling fixture/chandelier(?) was censoring Shion made it seem so.

I still find it hilarious (and awesome) that Psycho-Pass has so many fujoshi fans, but the series itself has the most blatant yuri
I know right?

I wanted to see Akane/Ko action though....
Old 2013-03-21, 20:13   Link #123
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

after watching episode 22 ............ *fantasy ON* nosebleed
Old 2013-03-22, 21:53   Link #124
Kirarakim

I am kind of amused that Yayoi who barely had a part in the series has the longest character thread.
Old 2013-03-22, 22:46   Link #125
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I am kind of amused that Yayoi who barely had a part in the series has the longest character thread.
Lesbeans for teh win.

But seriously, Yayoi ended up being the most underdeveloped of the main cast. Okay, Shion is but the show never really tried to make it look like they were gonna give her much focus in the first place unlike Yayoi. If anything she was the most useless in terms of story progression. Everyone including Shion had either an active role or purpose while she's... just there. I wouldn't even be bothered by this had they not wasted an entire episode on her only for it to amount to nothing since she remained furniture till the end. I wonder why they even felt the need to flesh her out when characters like Kagari don't even get a flashback before getting Dominated. Hell they could've used the extra episode for Masaoka and Gino's past or a deeper look into Sibyl or whatever. They could have done a lot more with Yayoi but it just ends up half-assed in the end that I rather they did not.
Old 2013-03-23, 00:04   Link #126
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Maybe it's because none of the other characters have much that's worth discussing?

To be fair, most of the character discussion was safely contained in the episode threads. And Yayoi also seems to have the most fanart as well. I'm as perplexed by this as you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
But seriously, Yayoi ended up being the most underdeveloped of the main cast. Okay, Shion is but the show never really tried to make it look like they were gonna give her much focus in the first place unlike Yayoi. If anything she was the most useless in terms of story progression. Everyone including Shion had either an active role or purpose while she's... just there. I wouldn't even be bothered by this had they not wasted an entire episode on her only for it to amount to nothing since she remained furniture till the end. I wonder why they even felt the need to flesh her out when characters like Kagari don't even get a flashback before getting Dominated.
Episode 12 was the only episode that wasn't written by Urobuchi Gen and Fukami Makoto. It's possible that the creators planned to give that other writer more input on Yayoi's character, but they botched the writing process in the show. In any case, episode 12 was probably the weakest episode in the whole show. Not only was it not very good, but it came at the worst possible time, and it had no impact on either the rest of the show or the characters.

Quote:
Hell they could've used the extra episode for Masaoka and Gino's past or a deeper look into Sibyl or whatever. They could have done a lot more with Yayoi but it just ends up half-assed in the end that I rather they did not.
An extra episode wouldn't have done much to improve the show though. The main cast should have received most of their characterization in all of those investigation episodes rather than be given extended (and likely boring) flashbacks.
Old 2013-03-23, 00:39   Link #127
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
An extra episode wouldn't have done much to improve the show though. The main cast should have received most of their characterization in all of those investigation episodes rather than be given extended (and likely boring) flashbacks.
It didn't have to be a flashback. They could've done anything with it as long as it felt like it had some purpose in the long run.
Old 2013-03-23, 00:42   Link #128
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Can't wait for a doujinshi for this two.... It'll be hard core... they got two hot sexy bodies....
Old 2013-03-23, 00:45   Link #129
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Even I, who loves Yayoi (I liked the episode) but I'm still agree with those who say that the episode is useless in the anime for its history and backstory ... And if this episode was the flashback episode Kagari yes there would have been useful...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Can't wait for a doujinshi for this two.... It'll be hard core... they got two hot sexy bodies....
I know and have seen doujinshi
Old 2013-03-23, 00:52   Link #130
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
Even I, who loves Yayoi (I liked the episode) but I'm still agree with those who say that the episode is useless in the anime for its history and backstory ... And if this episode was the flashback episode Kagari yes there would have been useful...

I know and have seen doujinshi
Really?! Don't mind yuri hentai doujinshi, it's different from anime yuri.
Old 2013-03-23, 01:54   Link #131
4Tran

Quote:
It didn't have to be a flashback. They could've done anything with it as long as it felt like it had some purpose in the long run.
But the characters themselves didn't have a purpose in the long run.
I'd say that the problem with the characters stems from the character conception stage. Characters thrive when they have goals and ambitions, and the characters (except maybe Kagari) in Psycho-Pass simply don't have any. No amount of focus episodes are going to address that.
Old 2013-03-23, 07:18   Link #132
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex

22 episodes simply weren't enough when they all focused except one on Kougami, Akane and Marxishima Sue. Each should have gotten one background episode that completed itself, like the ones in GitS 2nd Gig.
Old 2013-03-24, 08:28   Link #133
kitten320

In all honesty series barely flashed anyone in the series except Kougami, Akane and Makishima. Everyone else were just there.

What made Yaoi popular is that creators actually gave something to wonder about her.

In Kagami's case the only thing we had is that he was claimed as potent criminal as a child. The only thing you can do about it is draw several pics with young Kagari holding a gun. There is nothing more to do with this information.

Sexuality/couples always had more space to work with.
Old 2013-03-25, 05:05   Link #134
Traece
:cool:

The four primary characters were all given adequate exposition throughout the course of the series. The three enforcers: pops, what's-his-name, and Yayoi were all given varying degrees of backstory. Pops was given a large amount of exposition as a mentor character for his son. Redhead got the least because his story was the least developed (in terms of, not a lot happened in his life), and Yayoi was strangely limited entirely to sharing a flashback episode with Kou.

Yayoi was an interesting character, but out of all of them she was the most flawed in terms of being written into the series a bit strangely. She gets a flashback, but at the end I feel like that was more beneficial to seeing what kind of person Kou was. Beyond that she really doesn't play a part in the series. Hell, even in the last episodes she's just left in a room all by herself and we never see her again until the very end. Oh, and that scene where she'd just gotten done screwing the scientist.

Granted her character is kind of interesting. I just wish that they had actually incorporated her into the story.
Old 2013-05-08, 23:33   Link #135
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

info:

Quote:
Yayoi and Shion using the same perfume
Old 2013-05-09, 08:30   Link #136
NoemiChan
Banned

I prefer to see Shion and Yayoi together naked..
Old 2014-11-22, 06:44   Link #137
jwai

I swear, Yayoi is criminally underused as a character.
Old 2014-11-22, 07:11   Link #138
JiCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwai View Post
I swear, Shion is criminally underused as a character.
Fix'd

At least Yayoi had an episode about her backstory...
Closed Thread

Tags
characters