Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-11, 15:17   Link #421
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachOD View Post
Speak for yourself...I can list dozens of flaws.

Ichigo has saved both....The difference is. When Rukia was hurt...He had to be reminded Inoue was kidnapped, reminded he was there to save her and prodded to fight. He was ready to call the whole thing off... Not once did he utter the words "I have no reason to fight you" In SS. Not even when he thought Chad was dying...He was like "I have to win!" BIG difference. Also the the reunion was also a mirror image of his showing up at the shrine of penitence's...Except one detail...Insert
Spoiler for manga spoiler read at your own risk...:

I say kill her and Chad and all Arrancar who have a tendency to boast instead of fighting...
Hey, I'm a Rukia fan too. She's my favourite character in the series, even though her hair looks like a squid. And I agree that Ichigo seems to have deeper feelings for Rukia than Orihime. But I don't really care who Ichigo hooks up with. I don't watch this series for the romance, if you know what I mean.

Orihime is sensitive, introverted, in love with the main character and has totally hax abilities that could end the series in half a chapter, so which of these things make her so despicable? None imo.

As for match-making, I think Grimmjaw is a much better match for Orihime.
Old 2007-12-11, 16:36   Link #422
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
I think a lot of people would like Orihime a lot better if Rukia does not exist.

Seriously, Orihime is not a bad character, she is just really not as awsome as Rukia, who to many is a better match for the main character.
Old 2007-12-11, 22:33   Link #423
empzone
Shinigami Representative

Even though I said Orihime would probably happier if she were dead (the poor thing is so conflicted and sad)... I think as a character, she serves a good and useful purpose.

By contrasting her with Rukia, we get to see how different people respond to similar situations. We get to see how Ichigo responds differently to the two, especially when their lives are threatened. We get to see how Rukia's influence is different from Orihime's. We get to see how Rukia's resolve is different from Orihime's, especially when it comes to depending on Ichigo. Without Orihime, many key scenes would reveal much less about Ichigo and Rukia.

I think if Orihime has a flaw, it's that she's all too human in a story that requires heroes.
Old 2007-12-12, 10:29   Link #424
Scarlett_Rain55

Orihime is the most complex character in Bleach. If you disagree, then you must hate Orihime with a passion.
Old 2007-12-12, 10:42   Link #425
BleachOD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finalfantasyfan55 View Post
Orihime is the most complex character in Bleach. If you disagree, then you must hate Orihime with a passion.
Yes. I do. Disagree and hate her with a burning passion...It's killing me just to wear her in a sig...

Quote:
Yes. I do. Disagree and hate her with a burning passion...It's killing me just to wear her in a sig...

List ten of her greatest characteristics...I bet you can't. She has none...

I am joking...well for the most part I am...I really don't thinks she has any....But I don't like her so I wouldn't.

Last edited by BleachOD; 2007-12-15 at 13:14.
Old 2007-12-12, 12:02   Link #426
BleachOD
Banned

Quote:
List ten of her greatest characteristics...I bet you can't. She has none...

I am joking...well for the most part I am...I really don't thinks she has any....But I don't like her so I wouldn't.
I just edited... I could list a lot I will when I put my baby to sleep... if you really want

How many of you have that Kenshin avatar? I could have sworn Sol Aris and another had it...Funny thing is...You all tend to disagree with me...

This is weird...I was all set to dub one of you "Kenshin" or Hitokiri" now I don't know who...Am I bugging or is there more than one Kenshin?
Old 2007-12-12, 12:04   Link #427
shaselai

def. karin. cant stand her
Old 2007-12-12, 15:18   Link #428
Casshern

Quote:
I just edited... I could list a lot I will when I put my baby to sleep... if you really want

How many of you have that Kenshin avatar? I could have sworn Sol Aris and another had it...Funny thing is...You all tend to disagree with me...

This is weird...I was all set to dub one of you "Kenshin" or Hitokiri" now I don't know who...Am I bugging or is there more than one Kenshin?
Ah, I'm sol//aris I asked a mod to change my username. I was gonna change my avatar too, but then noone would recognise me! But to be recognised as "the kenshin guy who always dissagrees with me"... Well, as long as you don't take it personally I don't dissagree with everything you say, I just find your Orihime hatred unreasonable.

From an objective point of view, I think empzone hit the nail on the head with his comment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by empzone View Post
I think if Orihime has a flaw, it's that she's all too human in a story that requires heroes.
Old 2007-12-12, 20:59   Link #429
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
i think its funny how people tend to see rukia as the stronger willed person,... remember the ss arc, rukia really wanted to die, she gave up everything and acted foolish when her prince arrived, THAT WAS REAL EMO, lol.. if i were ichigo i guess i would have bitchslapped her after going through all that shit for her i find it very odd, all that "ok, i did break the laws so its no big deal to burn me up, and yeah ni-sama thinks the same way so it has to be ok, oh and there was this thing with kaien-dono and despite everyone else says i have to be blamed for his death..", sorry but rukia was really mentally weak in that part of the series and it didnt fit her in any way, she became more heroic after that arc which was good, but back then i have to say that it was really lame to see her giving up. Nevertheless she is a pretty good character right now, and she was before the ss arc with all the funny scenes with Ichigo(these scenes and their interaction looks to me like brother/sister/hillbilly-cousin-love -> not my thing when it comes to a romance, but its up to kubo)

Orihime on the other hand made up her plan, sacrificed herself for her friends and admitted her true feelings in an adorable way(yeah i like that cheesy stuff ). And its not the first time she did something like this, because to me it was one of the best fights when Orihime discovered her powers and formed her resolve to give everything for her friends.. i was thrilled although it wasnt a classic shounen fight with eye-candy, 0wnage and plumb action which i also enjoy.

i pretty much like every character in bleach and thats why i dont want to discuss who is "better", but some people are really blind and it seems like they just dont want to see good points in some characters

btw, chads cool imo, hes funny too.. i dont want to miss his fight with shunsui or his scenes with nova or karin, its ok to have sidekicks like him, even though he wont really change anything important and he is not such an annoyance like our quincy ;p
Old 2007-12-12, 22:10   Link #430
Ban kai
bleach luver

this is a tough choice, um i think all of 'em are cool but i dont like Aizen, but ill give him that he is smart
Old 2007-12-13, 00:08   Link #431
Blood_Knight
The Dark Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
i think its funny how people tend to see rukia as the stronger willed person,... remember the ss arc, rukia really wanted to die, she gave up everything and acted foolish when her prince arrived, THAT WAS REAL EMO, lol.. if i were ichigo i guess i would have bitchslapped her after going through all that shit for her i find it very odd, all that "ok, i did break the laws so its no big deal to burn me up, and yeah ni-sama thinks the same way so it has to be ok, oh and there was this thing with kaien-dono and despite everyone else says i have to be blamed for his death..", sorry but rukia was really mentally weak in that part of the series and it didnt fit her in any way, she became more heroic after that arc which was good, but back then i have to say that it was really lame to see her giving up. Nevertheless she is a pretty good character right now, and she was before the ss arc with all the funny scenes with Ichigo(these scenes and their interaction looks to me like brother/sister/hillbilly-cousin-love -> not my thing when it comes to a romance, but its up to kubo)

Orihime on the other hand made up her plan, sacrificed herself for her friends and admitted her true feelings in an adorable way(yeah i like that cheesy stuff ). And its not the first time she did something like this, because to me it was one of the best fights when Orihime discovered her powers and formed her resolve to give everything for her friends.. i was thrilled although it wasnt a classic shounen fight with eye-candy, 0wnage and plumb action which i also enjoy.

i pretty much like every character in bleach and thats why i dont want to discuss who is "better", but some people are really blind and it seems like they just dont want to see good points in some characters

btw, chads cool imo, hes funny too.. i dont want to miss his fight with shunsui or his scenes with nova or karin, its ok to have sidekicks like him, even though he wont really change anything important and he is not such an annoyance like our quincy ;p

100% agree, Rukia was weak, and Orihime actually inspired herself, either way if Ichigo chooses Rukia, Orihime might just *reject* her exsistance, lol, yes kill off Ishida, let his father come in, at least he has some guts to fight, and OMG his voice is much better.
Old 2007-12-16, 17:31   Link #432
Arthas1011
Bring on the blood mortal

Kill off anybody except Ichigo and Rukia... there should be a fanclub on this forum for us Ichi/Ruki fans
Old 2007-12-16, 18:50   Link #433
Davitz
Stupid Monkeys!

Send a message via MSN to Davitz
Spoiler for MANGA:
Old 2007-12-16, 19:47   Link #434
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Location: Where the morale of the people is as black as the sea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elegant Destruction View Post
agreed!! in a heartbeat!
No way mayuri is tooooo cool! and I love his new perm!
Old 2007-12-16, 20:06   Link #435
BleachOD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuromancer View Post
Ah, I'm sol//aris I asked a mod to change my username. I was gonna change my avatar too, but then noone would recognise me! But to be recognised as "the kenshin guy who always dissagrees with me"... Well, as long as you don't take it personally I don't dissagree with everything you say, I just find your Orihime hatred unreasonable.

From an objective point of view, I think empzone hit the nail on the head with his comment.
*Psst!* You forgot to add you think my hatred of Ginta is unreasonable, too...

Ah so it tis you! I thought you looked familiar... Nah it's okay. You don't have to agree with me. You don't have to even like me (Although I don't suggest the latter..I am strange, no doubt about it... but I can grow on you) *compare me to mold and your dead!* I like disagreeable people...Really! Besides it would be really boring if we all agreed...

I am sorry you see it that way...I tried to explain here why I dislike her so much.

Btw, I disagree with EZ ...The story only requires one hero *Plays Number One in background as I am typing this* Ichigo. Orihime is boring, and whiny and useless and I don't even see her as romantic rival for Rukia...So that isn't my primary reason for hating her. I don't find her all that "human" either. I might if she didn't put me to sleep, or annoy the hell out of me with her famous phrase [/Insert Kurosaki-Kun"]

Now Tessa from FMP, I hated for just that reason...She's in the way...

Let's add Hinamori to the list (Yes I hate her too)

But Hime's and Chad...Die before all of them!

Last edited by BleachOD; 2007-12-16 at 21:12.
Old 2007-12-16, 20:09   Link #436
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post

As usual I agree with WONDERMIKE. And rukia was cool the first ark where she was all mysterious and powerful, but then KT made her all weak and stuff. I had high hopes for her like becoming really powerful maybe not a captain but at least a VC. Now she's like oh look at the pretty ice sword I have.... whatever... she is a let down. At least orihime has room to grow. Rukia was the reason I started to watch bleach but now she is just an annoyance.
Old 2007-12-16, 21:31   Link #437
Blood_Knight
The Dark Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAQI View Post
As usual I agree with WONDERMIKE. And rukia was cool the first ark where she was all mysterious and powerful, but then KT made her all weak and stuff. I had high hopes for her like becoming really powerful maybe not a captain but at least a VC. Now she's like oh look at the pretty ice sword I have.... whatever... she is a let down. At least orihime has room to grow. Rukia was the reason I started to watch bleach but now she is just an annoyance.
Rukia is VC rank, its just that Byakuya-sama pulled some strings to hold her back from dangerous jobs.
Old 2007-12-16, 22:48   Link #438
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_Knight View Post
Rukia is VC rank, its just that Byakuya-sama pulled some strings to hold her back from dangerous jobs.
I know it has been said that she could be a ranked officer but I don't believe she is VC class. I think any one of the VCs would hand her her own ass on a silver platter.

I would like to see more of her fighting skill and better fighting skills at that, thats all.
Spoiler for manga:
I would like see some more stuff like that from her but in a better way like
Spoiler for manga:
I like rukia, I didn't mean to come off like I don't, but KT just basicaly made her from a lone cool shinigami dispatching hollows in the real world to this third rate fighter. I want some rukia ownage like she did on that sand guy in HM.
Old 2007-12-16, 22:56   Link #439
empzone
Shinigami Representative

Quote:
The story only requires one hero *Plays Number One in background as I am typing this* Ichigo
I'm going to disagree with your disagreement. If Rukia were any less than a hero you would probably hate her, too. She knew the penalty would be grave for transferring her powers to Ichigo (a total stranger at that point), yet she did so anyway to save his family. That's not heroic? Are you saying that as long as Ichigo is the hero, Bleach would be the same without her spirit?

It's the willingness (and ability) to fight for something bigger than themselves and the commitment to protect those who are weaker that make Ichigo, Rukia, and many of the Bleach characters heroes.

Unfortunately, Orihime's motivation to fight so far has been mostly for Kurosaki-kun. As of yet, she has been unable (like the others) to see the bigger picture.
Old 2007-12-17, 02:39   Link #440
BleachOD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by empzone View Post
I'm going to disagree with your disagreement. If Rukia were any less than a hero you would probably hate her, too. She knew the penalty would be grave for transferring her powers to Ichigo (a total stranger at that point), yet she did so anyway to save his family. That's not heroic? Are you saying that as long as Ichigo is the hero, Bleach would be the same without her spirit?

It's the willingness (and ability) to fight for something bigger than themselves and the commitment to protect those who are weaker that make Ichigo, Rukia, and many of the Bleach characters heroes.

Unfortunately, Orihime's motivation to fight so far has been mostly for Kurosaki-kun. As of yet, she has been unable (like the others) to see the bigger picture.
OMG! THANK YOU! You think you may be disagreeing with me but you are not. Before I go into detail...Let me tell you three things you must know about me
Spoiler for :

I am a rabid Ichigo fangirl...Of course he's the only hero for me.

Not to say, other characters in Bleach haven't performed heroic acts...Renji's going against Byakuya to try and save Rukia was Heroic ...He just happen to get beat-down, instead.

Yes. Rukia's action was Heroic ...Plus without her existence there would be no story! What bugs me is... WM and Maq...Pay attention!

Rukia not only, saves Ichigo and his family without knowing them. She peacefully goes along, expecting to die...because the ONLY person she ever really formed a true bond with...is dying and she wanted him to live longer and spare him the humiliation, of dying at Byakuya's hand. Then she is put on death row and eventually...Solitary confinement...While she is facing death (She had nothing to do...So she had to think about that constantly) Not to mention the burden of guilt she carried...because her actions caused two people she cared about to die (She thought Ichigo died...Or at least he wasn't sure) Then she finds out Ichigo is there, to save her...She's got that to worry about...Because she hasn't seen his tremendous growth in power...He was "Hack-n-Slash" last time she saw him...

Rukia also believed that she was not worth saving because her hands were stained with blood...So her life wasn't as important as Ichigo risking his, to save hers

Not to mention all her reiatsu was drained so she couldn't have fought back if she wanted to.

With all this...You saw her contemplate and worry over fights...but no fits of crying. Except that one time with Ichimaru Gin... That showed yet, another side of her...The not-so- tough little girl. Rukia handled her situation very well, all things considered...

But somehow she is being called Emo...(That or a man)
Two times Rukia acted selflessly to save Ichigo. The first time she didn't even know him

Yet Orihime who left...Because *Kurosaki-Kun was losing* Say it was for her friends but we all know it's Ichigo she did it for...

She did the exact thing Rukia did...but she's a saint?! (Is it the white robes, the boobies, or a combination of both.?)

She looked pretty emo to me. Not mention...Her resolution didn't last long...She didn't say thanks "Kurosaki...But there is something I must do!" No she was happy as a pig, dipped in sh*T!

Rukia has every quality, that Orihime has...With exception of booby size. She is brave, kind, gentle, cute, selfless, caring, and heroic. Two times Rukia acted selflessly to save Ichigo. She also cares deeply deeply for Ichigo. *Loves actually* (KT has shown us many times...For instance...You have no random quotes from Ichigo regarding Orihime)

Yet Orihime is goddess of bravery...and Rukia is emo. In my opinion she is stupid and a coward...who didn't really have any faith in the man she professes to love. Not to mention selfish for not caring about the rest of the world.

If Rukia had of been faced with that choice....She would have either killed herself or let Ulquiorra kill her. Because she would have the sense to realize she must be a key to the destruction of whatever Aizen had planned. And that not only puts Ichigo at risk...but the living and the dead. It's in her character to do so...

What I want to know is why you are slamming Rukia for the very same things...You are praising Orihime, for?
Spoiler for (Don't read if you don't read manga!)....and:

Rukia has faith in Ichigo "Stand up and roar! That's what the you THAT LIVES IN MY HEART...Would do! She is brave and she is heroic, never implied she wasn't...

I disagree with me not liking her because she is human in a world full of super heros. Hello! She is one of them...She can undo creation...Don't like her, but that's nothing to sneeze at...She just reminds me of Sakura...before Shippuden. Whiny and Useless, and obsessed with someone who pays her not the slightest attention.

She is boring and she isn't even good at being a real contender for Ichigo's heart....So she's expendable, in my humble opinion.

P.S Rukia is just as human as Orihime is...More so and has a complex character...Orihime has only "Kurosaki-Kun Idol worship" Then what?!
Closed Thread