AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-03-31, 15:10   Link #2001
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Though i have to wonder how long he will be capable of remaining "sane"... remaining to be Lelouch. I am afraid the "Zero" part of his personality might become his actual one if he keeps this up.

Shirley hit close to home. Now he just had to shoot his "first love" (the only half-sibling he cared about), and to make matters worse - he has to "blackmail" Euphie in public to make her seem like a deceptive and evil Britanian bitch, staining her name and taking advantage of the fact... while he obviously knows that is as far away from the truth as possible, and all of it is his fault (even if unintentional, it won't stop him from blaming himself for all the mess) . I can only guess how damaging this must be to him.

While it is absolutely perfect for Zero, Lelouch would, probably, want to curl up in a dark corner and cry his eyes out (especially the geass one ). If he wouldn't have CC's shoulder to cry on, he would truly go insane. Now... what would happen to him if he is forced to kill Suzaku in the upcoming battle ? Then there is the student council... their deaths would affect Lulu as well.

^ Now, if he can "survive" all the above (assuming Suzaku or student council gets killed), i would assume he has a good chance of remaining sane. Though should anything happen to Nunnally, it would be the final nail in his coffin.

In short - i really fear for Lulu's sanity.
Old 2007-03-31, 15:52   Link #2002
kakashi524

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccardoso View Post
I think that Lelouch will survive the final battle for Japan: without him Code Geass would be pointless. I mean: it's the story of a prince of Britannia who wants to destroy the country political structure and find, at the same time, the murderer of his mother. A Code Geass with Suzaku as protagonist would be weird at best, most probably would be just cheesy crap: nowhere near the season one anyway. Lelouch means Code Geass and Code Geass means Lelouch: the other guys are just satellites, Suzaku included. It's so obvious that's strange there are people hoping for Suzaku being the protagonist.
Anyway the plot needs to go from a national level to a global level so Lelouch has to win this war, making the Britannians soldiers retreating creating a united Japan country which decisions have a weight in the worldwide political system.
The season 2 will be on global level for sure and Lelouch will ally with the Chinese federation, who isn't on friendly terms with Britannia for sure. I'm not sure enough about EU: they seem pretty neutral as far as it has been shown to us and they will side with the part they can gain from the most of course. Well it's like our reality under this aspect...
It seems several people have forgotten the name of the anime>

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
^ Now, if he can "survive" all the above (assuming Suzaku or student council gets killed), i would assume he has a good chance of remaining sane. Though should anything happen to Nunnally, it would be the final nail in his coffin.

In short - i really fear for Lulu's sanity.
If something happens to Nunally, we can pretty much expect a reaction like Cornelia's when was informed of Euphie's death. I call this "The Siscon Flaw".

About Shirley and Lulu:

Shirley seems to be walking the same path as before she was GEASSed (), she is starting to like Lulu (at least that what i think). And Lelouch before GEASSing Shirley, said something like if he had the chance to love her he would (of course that is after her being GEASSed), which seems to be the case.

Shirley doesn't need to be part of the Black Knights to marry Zero XD.

About Sumeragi Kaguya when talking to Zero aboard G-1:
SO DAMN CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2007-03-31, 16:48   Link #2003
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
There is the possibility that Nunally might become Lelouch's enemy (her invalidity is psychological if I remember correctly): that would be quite a huge plot twist definetely not calculated by Lelouch.
That's the most probable outcome for this season by all the hints thrown around by the spoiler guys. Not really Nunnally standing up but she being the key to this season climax, probably NOT in a good way for Lulu since if she gets involved everything he fought for would become meaningless.
Old 2007-03-31, 16:53   Link #2004
Juvyniled

While I would believe anybody but the emperor being the villain.... Nunnally of all people? Imagine how much they'd have to warp the plot just to implement that scheme. Unless of course she's just Geassed into antagonizing Lelouch (which just makes her another victim instead of a true enemy).
Old 2007-03-31, 16:55   Link #2005
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvyniled View Post
While I would believe anybody but the emperor being the villain.... Nunnally of all people? Imagine how much they'd have to warp the plot just to implement that scheme. Unless of course she's just Geassed into antagonizing Lelouch (which just makes her another victim instead of a true enemy).
Not the villain, just someone who will do anything to stop her brother from taking the path of carnage.
Old 2007-03-31, 17:22   Link #2006
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
That's the most probable outcome for this season by all the hints thrown around by the spoiler guys. Not really Nunnally standing up but she being the key to this season climax, probably NOT in a good way for Lulu since if she gets involved everything he fought for would become meaningless.
Well Lelouch has three objectives so far:
1) Destroy the Britannia imperial family
2) Give indipendence to Japan
3) Give a better place to live for Nunnaly.

If Nunnaly is killed only objective 3) would become pointless, but there are the other two, especially the 1) in season two I guess. If Nunnaly is killed it would only make the first objective stronger. So I don't think Nunally's death would make Zero's downfall: it would be Lelouch's downfall and Zero's triumph.
If Nunnaly becomes someone who fight actively Lelouch then it's another story: this would be much more shocking for Lelouch with unpredictable consequences.

Quote:
Where did I say that Nunally will become a villain? Fighting Zero doesn't make someone automatically a villain: Suzaku isn't a villain (so far at least) for example. (Well he's a poor idiot, but that's another story).
Old 2007-03-31, 17:27   Link #2007
Juvyniled

Even if we weren't using a strong connotation as villain, the anime doesn't follow along the lines of Knightmare of Nunnally so it's fair to assume that even she isn't likely to antagonize Lelouch the way other characters do (even Shirley as a ticking time bomb). She's in a wheelchair (I'm not making fun of cripples) and she's still traumatized by her mother's death. She's much more likely to be used as leverage the way Mao used her than as an obstacle.
Old 2007-03-31, 17:32   Link #2008
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
Even if we weren't using a strong connotation as villain, the anime doesn't follow along the lines of Knightmare of Nunnally so it's fair to assume that even she isn't likely to antagonize Lelouch the way other characters do (even Shirley as a ticking time bomb). She's in a wheelchair (I'm not making fun of cripples) and she's still traumatized by her mother's death. She's much more likely to be used as leverage the way Mao used her than as an obstacle.
She's on the wheelchair because of a psychological trauma due to her mother assassination, not for a physical reason. She could regain eyesight and the ability to walk anytime.
Old 2007-03-31, 17:36   Link #2009
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
or lulu could for her yes to open with geass all u need is just eye contact(just opening her eyes literaly)
Old 2007-03-31, 17:37   Link #2010
flou
That's no lady

No. Nunally can't walk nor will she in the future as she is handicapped after being SHOT IN THE LEGS -_-;;;; Only her blindness is psychological.
Old 2007-03-31, 17:45   Link #2011
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by flou View Post
No. Nunally can't walk nor will she in the future as she is handicapped after being SHOT IN THE LEGS -_-;;;; Only her blindness is psychological.
Yes I know she was shot in her legs but you can't walk if you damage the dorsal spine, not for some bullets in the legs... at most you will have problem walking, but you would still be able doing it!
Old 2007-03-31, 17:47   Link #2012
atilim
Knightmare

Quote:
She's on the wheelchair because of a psychological trauma due to her mother assassination, not for a physical reason. She could regain eyesight and the ability to walk anytime.
I thought that she lost her ability to walk because of a bullet that hit her. You could see at that flashback a small hole, like a bullet that hit her. Also the way Lelouch's mother was laying it seems to me that she was protecting Nunnaly with her body so a bullet or two could have hit her.
Old 2007-03-31, 17:56   Link #2013
Juvyniled

Quote:
Yes I know she was shot in her legs but you can't walk if you damage the dorsal spine, not for some bullets in the legs... at most you will have problem walking, but you would still be able doing it!
I doubt she can walk (maybe through rehab). You're right though, nothing indicates that her bones have been permanently damaged and she can no longer walk. But she was actually shot in her legs, compared to her eyes which are just fine but are unable to open due to psychological trauma.
Old 2007-03-31, 18:04   Link #2014
mist2123
Banned

they could use nano tech to force her muscles to move(if they have it like we do)(still in research)
Old 2007-03-31, 18:12   Link #2015
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
I doubt she can walk (maybe through rehab). You're right though, nothing indicates that her bones have been permanently damaged and she can no longer walk. But she was actually shot in her legs, compared to her eyes which are just fine but are unable to open due to psychological trauma.
Ah anyway after Mao getting cured when he was shot multiple times I won't be surprised of anything in Code Geass universe.
We have even CC who can be shot in the head and the coming back walking happily as nothing happened.

Anyway I'm starting to have the impression this is all a game to make Lelouch the fittest for the emperor title: if CC talks with Marianne then is she happy CC has made her son a devil? I don't think so. If Marianne is alive then there is a strong possibility she's part of the game.
Old 2007-03-31, 18:23   Link #2016
Juvyniled

Hrm? I was skeptical of the whole scenario of Mao getting shot and living because of "Britannian medicine" as compared to Euphemia who died in a single shot. Well I suppose the cops missed all of Mao's vital points and Lelouch made a perfect shot, no? Then again, throw the whole power of Geass into this, and you might just consider that it has additional benefits beyond a specific power as well.

Who knows, Marianne could be in cohorts with C.C. Or maybe this isn't the Marianne we know. If it runs in the family, I wouldn't be surprised if she had multiple personalities as well. The nice motherly figure as compared with something else.
Old 2007-03-31, 20:38   Link #2017
WhiteWings

Or maybe Marianne wasn't entirely a normal human being and maybe her identity as an empress, a test pilot, and a mother to two children might have been just one of her identities. Or maybe C.C. has memories of Marianne like the Bene Gesserit (or whatever thy were) witches do in the Dune series. Heck, anything is possible and thinking of the possibilities is more fun than actually watching what happens.
Old 2007-03-31, 20:41   Link #2018
mist2123
Banned

yep think wat the next ep is more fun than watching makes it more intense by the time u watch it
Old 2007-03-31, 21:00   Link #2019
SpaceDrake
This Is Part Of The Plan

So do we know anything new about when 24 and 25 will air? Has Animax confirmed they'll air both as currently scheduled?

aohige, other guys who frequent 2chan, can you guys ask Fake Orochi (or whatever his name is) about this when he's on again?
Old 2007-04-01, 00:10   Link #2020
CanonRap
Jacta alea est

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashi524 View Post
It seems several people have forgotten the name of the anime>

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
I think it'd be more than likely that they'll change the subtitle for Seasons 2 and onward. And I think the 'Rebellion' refers to the resistance against Britannia in general, not just in Japan.

Quote:
About Sumeragi Kaguya when talking to Zero aboard G-1:
SO DAMN CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!
She really should have gotten more appearances earlier (like when Lelouch met Kirihara or something).

I think it's possible that Geass does more than just give you one specific power - C.C. did say during the contract (Ep1) that Lelouch will no longer be an ordinary human, but one from "a different source and time". Maybe one benefit of Geass is an extended life?

Tags
psychic powers, random thoughts, speculation, spoiler, spoilers