Old 2007-11-28, 16:00   Link #1
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

[MANGA] Chapter 302 Discussion

Welcome to the new chapter discussion thread! ^^

From Jays:

Bleach 302 - Pride on the Blade

Quote:
This chapter begins with the power from Gokei Senbonsakura has destroyed the top of the palace. In the middle of the sakura blades Byakuya’s voice is heard, “Gokie Sensenbonsakura Kageyoshi, millions of blades will surround an enemy in circle and will attack from every direction. Now disappear from these blades.” After his word, the blades attack Somari and the palace is getting destroyed.

After that he stands beside the barrier he has created for Rukia and Hanatarou. He looks at his left arm and sees the mark is still there. He then glazes back at Zomari and sees something like a giant ball keeps rolling around. But that ball has something like a mental belt with hollow masks on it except the ball is bleeding.

Zomari then appears. All of his eyes are cut by the blades except those two on his face. Byakuya calls back his zampakutou into a sealed form. Zomari now is so angry and screams he will not forgive Byakuya. Then 8 small eyes pop out on his forehead and aim at Byakuya. But Byakuya doesn’t react at all then sends Kidou #81 ‘Danku’ out. There is something like mirror between him and Zomari and that stunts Zomari so much.

Byakuya then says this wall can black any kidou down from number 89. And since Rukia is under 6 light canes BYakuya knows that Zomari’s ability is the same as kidous. That makes Zomari lost his cool again and screams, “Take my love from me. Take it! Take it! Take it!” Then shoot amore at Byakuya but fail.

Byakuya appears behind a freaked out Zomari and points the sword at him, “Now the creziness has taken over you? This is sad for the fastest espada.” Then Zomari screams back what does Byakuya’s look is for. Is it for not forgiving him or that he will kill him. And then says if Byakuya doesn’t know if that is an arrogance.

“You shinigami kill us hollows like it is the most normal thing! Do you think you’re God? What right do you have to kill us hollows!!? We don’t have any rights! You say we are the bad things which should be destroyed because you think you have justice! You’re just…” Zomari stops when Byakuya moves to his side and say, “When did I say I’ll kill as a shinigami?” Byakuya thinks of how Rukia was controlled and continues, “I’ll kill you because you dare pointed your sword at my pride. That’s it.”

With that, Zomari’s right shoulder until the thigh is cut. He then screams “Banzai!! Banzai!!! Aizen Sama!!! Banzai Aizen samaaaaa!!” Before he’s completely gone.

When Byakuya sees that Zomari is gone, he calls out Isane who is now kneeling behind him. Byakuya asks if Unohana has sent her and she says yes. She follow’s Hanatorou’s reiatsu to there. Byakuya looks at Rukia and Hanatarou and says, “The take care.”

A Scene cuts back to Mayuri and Szayel. Mayuri is breathing hard while Szayel has a smug look on his face.
Thanks to Spacecat.

As a reminder, asking where to get the scanlation is not allowed here.

Last edited by Hellychan; 2007-12-01 at 10:39. Reason: update
Old 2007-11-28, 16:16   Link #2
~Destiny~
Tra La Laaaa~

Send a message via MSN to ~Destiny~
I usually don't post but since I get to have first post, I think I'll make an exception xP

Lol, so after all that talk of test tubes Mayuri lost... ?
Old 2007-11-28, 16:19   Link #3
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

I really hope Zomari is just playing some sort of trick. Otherwise he'll be lamer than even Aaroniero, a feat I didn't think was possible. I really hate the "powerful villain losing because his arrogance made him toy with the opponent instead of using his power most effectively" type of fight. And to lose that fast, and then cry and beg at the end, just completely ruins him for me.

I doubt Mayuri is really on the verge of being defeated. It didn't even look like he'd drawn his sword yet. Probably just testing Szayel before getting serious. Though you never know, Szayel has defeated everyone he has faced so far. Starting to think he should be higher than 8.
Old 2007-11-28, 16:27   Link #4
Casshern

Though nothing would please me more than to see Renji going berserk and beating Szayel, that's probably impossible for 2 reasons. a) Kubo is being an ass in recent chapters and b) Mayuri always manages to pull something outa his ass.

No wonder mangaka use fake names. It's to stop the pissed off fans from finding where they live and kicking their asses.
Old 2007-11-28, 17:41   Link #5
WinterSerenade

wow...that was quick :P
Old 2007-11-28, 19:13   Link #6
Shadow Angel
Hellraiser

So is Zomari dead or is he still alive?
Old 2007-11-28, 19:22   Link #7
Lelite

That's... lame. I dunno. What kind of a shounen character begs for their life?

Especially one that we constantly see meditating and who seems to be cool and collected?

Although, hey, Kubo breaks the shounen mold often, so... heh, whatever.

Szayel is STILL alive? No, seriously, no matter how much I love that guy, that battle kind of needs to end. Like, right now. I don't mind it if Szayel just disappears in a puddle of goo, similar to Mayuri, but I'm tired of seeing Renji (and to some extent, Ishida) pulling the same exact card four hundred and fifty six times in a row.

(Psst... is that spoiler the real deal?)
Old 2007-11-28, 20:05   Link #8
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

^ Yeah, it's real...

Zomari's done for good it seems. I'm glad the battle wasn't drawn out, I was expecting these fights to be pretty short anyways.

Oh, anyone else want to bet that Mayuri's playing games with Szyael? Next chapter he'll probably get up, brush himself off and start laughing, telling Szyael how his attacks were ineffective.
Old 2007-11-28, 20:21   Link #9
WinterSerenade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelite View Post
That's... lame. I dunno. What kind of a shounen character begs for their life?
well apparently Zomari does..... well he did :P
Old 2007-11-28, 20:45   Link #10
Lendial

weak sauce, at least have zomari be angry and cussing till the very end instead of begging for his life against the person in all of HM and SS to actualy let him live.

i guess mayuri is up next, i have a felling number8 is done for. after that, only kenpachi vs spoonhead goodness remains.
Old 2007-11-28, 21:49   Link #11
itachi29al

I am glad he is dead, i didnt want a fight too drawn out. As for mayuri, well he most definetly OK but even if he is not i am cool with his defeat. I think since ishida and renji have spent soo much time in this fight they should be the ones to finish it. But honestly i am just waiting for the Kenpachi Nnoitra fight.
Old 2007-11-28, 22:55   Link #12
WinterSerenade

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi29al View Post
I am glad he is dead, i didnt want a fight too drawn out. As for mayuri, well he most definetly OK but even if he is not i am cool with his defeat. I think since ishida and renji have spent soo much time in this fight they should be the ones to finish it. But honestly i am just waiting for the Kenpachi Nnoitra fight.
battle of the eyepatches .....dum dum dum!!!!!!
Old 2007-11-29, 00:33   Link #13
Jingjong

Zomari dies screaming banzai?

Seems so... cliche, but not anime cliche, like WWII American image of Japanese cliche.
Old 2007-11-29, 02:20   Link #14
Jays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jingjong View Post
Zomari dies screaming banzai?

Seems so... cliche, but not anime cliche, like WWII American image of Japanese cliche.
I'd wait for a more accurate spoiler to come out. Screaming "Hooray! Aizen-sama!" as you die, just doesn't make much sense to me.

I think is using the invasion of the Captains as a way to filter out some of the Espada for perhaps the introduction of newer more powerful ones, or to level things out for the up coming winter battle. But that remains to be seen.

I'm glad this battle ended the way it did. It wasn't a clean blowout on Byakuya's part, even though the only wounds he suffered were self inflicted. Zomari's arrogance is a joke. It's like he asks a question, and doesn't even wait for an appropriete response before he spits out what he thinks is right. Considering Byakuya didn't even release, Zomari was really confident.

Zomari didn't pocess the natural calmness that Byakuya does. Even though he may have a some what impressing power, his character alone doesn't make him fit to be ranked anything higher than he already is. I can see how a guy like Grimmjow is stronger, just because of "the difference".
Old 2007-11-29, 03:54   Link #15
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

......He begs for his life...... That was seriously lame.....an Espada begging for his Life...i mean, my God

I actually kinda Liked No.7 and look what happened to him... So much wasted potential.

As for Mayuri collapsing, goody. I really do despise him, i hope he dies...
Old 2007-11-29, 05:47   Link #16
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
The best thing to happen is for him to hang on to Syazel and then self-destruct.
Old 2007-11-29, 07:37   Link #17
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays View Post
I'd wait for a more accurate spoiler to come out. Screaming "Hooray! Aizen-sama!" as you die, just doesn't make much sense to me.
It's accurate. Zomari really is screaming "banzai". The term is used similarly to "hooray" in modern times, but like the earlier post mentioned, it was also used during WWII announcing a suicide charge to avoid surrender. So, I guess Zomari had one more change of heart and decided to meet death head on.
Old 2007-11-29, 13:54   Link #18
DrunkenRyder
Segundo Arrancar

Man...Something has to be wrong...Are the espada really this weak?
Old 2007-11-29, 14:21   Link #19
kirose
The Destiny Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenRyder View Post
Man...Something has to be wrong...Are the espada really this weak?
Well it would seem that way. But I think that Zomari just got the wrong opponent. Anyone else he could control completly, but Byakuya controls his weapon with his mind, so controling the body is almost pointless. My point is that even this guy would have been a hard fight, if he was matched with about anyone else.

Anyways, I think the hokygue will make much stronger arrancar when it is fully awakened. And then even stronger when it starts arrankarring Vasto Lordes as well.
Old 2007-11-29, 14:49   Link #20
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

I guess Mayuri wanted to beat a released Espada without going bankai. Interestingly the only people who can do that among the current captains are Kenpachi, and probably Yamamoto (of course, I expect the same from the exiled or retired ones, basically, Urahara and Isshin). And, after seeing Byakuya's fight, I feel sorry for Szayel. Forcing a captain of that level (and state of mind) go bankai and expecting a merciful end seems to be a bit naive - so expect an ending for Szayel worthy of his character.
Closed Thread