AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-20, 01:29   Link #2541
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
But then again Sorcerer Battler can utilize magic and a sword unlike his piece counterpart can, so his play style could be changed up a bit. I s'pose I could think of him like the Ken to piece Battler's Ryu in such a scenario. (And how B. Battler is the "Evil Ryu" of the game.)
That's exactly what I'm hoping for.

Quote:
Speaking of hidden data on the game, it's a little disappointing to see that Rena hasn't been added to the game yet even after her name was found within the files of the first release.
Maybe we'll get lucky with some kind of future console port for Cross, similar to how the original game was ported to the Xbox 360 as Ougon Musou Kyoku X.

I just know what you should be doing.
Old 2012-01-20, 02:45   Link #2542
CrimsonMoonMist

Quote:
But then again Sorcerer Battler can utilize magic and a sword unlike his piece counterpart can, so his play style could be changed up a bit.
Just a nitpick, but I'm pretty sure the Battler we play as is meta-Battler,
just one that focuses on blue truth like the old days since vanilla Ougon was focused on EP1-4.
the manner he converses with the other characters with and the fact that BATTLER disappears on the meta stage if Battler is played shows this.
My guess is that BATTLER will focus on that awesome golden longsword,
at least as his meta-super.
Old 2012-01-20, 02:51   Link #2543
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonMoonMist View Post
Just a nitpick, but I'm pretty sure the Battler we play as is meta-Battler,
just one that focuses on blue truth like the old days since vanilla Ougon was focused on EP1-4.
the manner he converses with the other characters with and the fact that BATTLER disappears on the meta stage if Battler is played shows this.
My guess is that BATTLER will focus on that awesome golden longsword,
at least as his meta-super.
Then maybe he could be some sort of expansion to Battler, like a retooling of his "Blue Truth"-exclusive fighting style to something a little more, shall we say, up-to-date with how he fights in the main series.

Or he could just be another wasted concept who was scrapped for no discernible reason.

I just know what you should be doing.
Old 2012-01-20, 04:28   Link #2544
Nanashi_1337

Like Rena from Higurashi. Oh come on, who wasn't disappointed that she wouldn't appear? I sure wanted to see her in a fight screaming "Usoda!!!".
Old 2012-01-20, 05:39   Link #2545
Walterion

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
I happen to have the voice rips, and I noticed something very interesting in them.

First of all, there's the characters' battle voice files. There's a chunk of voice files where they address their partners when they switch out with them. They're pretty standard stuff, but there's one thing every character says around that area: "Yes, Battler-sama." Even the characters who would never call him that in the main story.

Then there's the system voices, or the announcer voice files. There's a folder containing voices on the character and stage select screen, and among the names they mention, after naming all the names of the game's playable characters (including Will, Bern, and Lambda), they mention "Ushiromiya Battler" a second time, and it's exactly the same as the first time. In this case, I know they're not referring to Black Battler, because they just call him "Battler."

Lastly, also in the system voice files, there are the voices used to announce the winners of certain matches, like "Battler and Beatrice!" Again, after going through the names of all playable characters, they say Battler's name again, except it's a third time since the first two must refer to Battler and B. Battler.

Now, if we take that not-so-subtle shot at the beginning of Cross's OP into account, do you know what I've concluded? The developers have at least intended to include the Endless Sorcerer Battler in the game! However, there are no sprites of said character to support that claim. Then again, there are no sprites of Will, Bern, and Lambda either, and their names are still mentioned in the files (the voice files of other characters addressing them in gameplay exist). Yet still, there are a handful of sprites for Will, Bern, and Lambda hidden around, though there's no sign of the Endless Sorcerer. Instead there's a sprite of a goat...

In fact, here are the hidden sprites for Will, Bern, Lambda, and that suspicious goat for good measure. And yes, they're real. I would know, I uploaded them.

Spoiler for images:

I also found the names of their abilities in the files, but they clearly don't show what they do: Will's ability is called "Chain Boost," Bern's is "Meta Boost," and Lambda's is "Ultra PAR."

Oh dear god, here we go with the speculations and the datamining. We are in for a trip.

At least we should focus on the last part though, we know the names of the abilities... but what would they do is something that I find quite interesting. I would think ''Meta boost'' would be increasing the duration of Meta world, and ''Chain boost'' would be decreasing the damage reduction in long combos. Now you lost me with Ultra PAR, that's something that we will need a video to guess.
Also, the names were in an ability chart or they were in text?

Reagarding the ''Yes,Battler-Sama'' is when they tag in with B.Battler, they call him that sometimes.
Old 2012-01-20, 05:43   Link #2546
Azule
Golden Witch

Send a message via AIM to Azule Send a message via MSN to Azule
They do call Battler "Battler-sama" when he's B.Battler and they tag team, but I didn't really need much convincing that they'd add Sorcerer Battler. He features strongly in the OP, Blue Truth Battler is very much his Episodes 1-5 version, and the lack of a proper Battler/Beato story based around Chiru's events seems to hint towards that.

But uh, what's with that goat? >_>
Old 2012-01-20, 09:08   Link #2547
o0Mystique0o
Boo.

Just a wild guess but isnt that the goat from lia's draw pose ?
Old 2012-01-20, 10:00   Link #2548
maximilianjenus
[E]

I hope they add the goat if just so, so dlanor is not the "fatest" character in the game. BATTLER would be quite different just by being a sword user. about will's skill I hope it's similar to lucifer's attack touch but instead of tagging it allows you to 6,6 after C one extra time.
Old 2012-01-20, 10:11   Link #2549
Nanashi_1337

Bern's Meta Boost ability could be about boosting the time Metafield last, or maybe boosting overall stats while in Metafield only. First seems reasonable. If it's the first though, imagine yourself spamming Battler's big laser and having Stun Boost activated too, and I have to say, it scares me a little.

Will's Chain Boost could be about either reducing damage scaling or allowing easy combos that otherwise wouldn't be possible without the ability. Again, first seems reasonable, but oh god if we combine this with Dlanor.

Lambadelta's Ultra PAR ability, no clue. Maybe it makes her grabs impossible to escape? Or boosting damage of Metasupers only? Sorry, no clue at all.
Old 2012-01-20, 10:17   Link #2550
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
I hope they add the goat if just so, so dlanor is not the "fatest" character in the game. BATTLER would be quite different just by being a sword user. about will's skill I hope it's similar to lucifer's attack touch but instead of tagging it allows you to 6,6 after C one extra time.
No anything but that. The game suffers already way too much on the combo dominant playstyle. Allowing combo extention based on meta abilities is just way too dangerous and imbalanced.
Considering this type with Lucifer: normal touch, Lucifer combo then dash cancel with the ability, combo, regular dash cancel, meta cancel, combo, attack touch, battler combo, dash cancel, combo, meta super. The opponent is definitely stun mid way anyway.

Any combo extension shouldn't be allowed with ability aside with Lucifer, considering how stupid it can be.
Old 2012-01-20, 10:17   Link #2551
Walterion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanashi_1337 View Post
First seems reasonable. If it's the first though, imagine yourself spamming Battler's big laser and having Stun Boost activated too, and I have to say, it scares me a little.
HAW.

Just think about what you said here: If it the first (Bern's ability extending Meta world), spamming battler's big laser and having Stun boost (Ange's ability).
This game only supports 2 characters, maybe what you meant was: ''Having Bern's first choice ability with Battler spamming his beam would be equal to Battler spamming his beam with Ange's stun boost'' (?)

And also, notice that Lambda's ability has PAR on caps, maybe its an shortening of some word... or several. Maybe that would give us a better hint about it.
Old 2012-01-20, 10:59   Link #2552
Nanashi_1337

Oh that's true. I forgot about it.

Then imagine Boss B.Battler with that ability
Old 2012-01-20, 11:05   Link #2553
Azule
Golden Witch

Send a message via AIM to Azule Send a message via MSN to Azule
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walterion View Post

And also, notice that Lambda's ability has PAR on caps, maybe its an shortening of some word... or several. Maybe that would give us a better hint about it.
Ultra Parry? Ultra Paralyse?
Old 2012-01-20, 11:29   Link #2554
Walterion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanashi_1337 View Post
Oh that's true. I forgot about it.

Then imagine Boss B.Battler with that ability
CASE AND POINT why I say ''Try to beat this guy before Spring patch''. These 3 abilities on him and you are even more boned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azule View Post
Ultra Parry? Ultra Paralyse?
Sounds close enough, Ultra Parry sounds plausible.
Old 2012-01-20, 11:40   Link #2555
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Maybe Par from latin as in "equal, quality".
Old 2012-01-20, 11:55   Link #2556
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

Why not a bad romanization of "Ultra Paper", since she shortens "paper" to "paa" in the story?
Old 2012-01-20, 12:07   Link #2557
Nanashi_1337

You may be right here. The problem is that I have no idea what ability she could use, if that's true. Maybe that it negates all Counter Hits, aka no attack will work as counter hit while this ability is activated?
Old 2012-01-20, 12:08   Link #2558
Walterion

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalAura View Post
Why not a bad romanization of "Ultra Paper", since she shortens "paper" to "paa" in the story?
Good point, and she always claims that she is Super Paper. So that makes sense.
Old 2012-01-20, 13:51   Link #2559
DoktorFunk
Warned for a moment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalAura View Post
That assumption doesn't sound too ramndom, prencess. iirc, Rock-Paper-Scissors (Jankenpon), Rock='Guu', Paper='Paa', Scissors='Choki.' I could see some kind of twisty, curly super paper attack being included with plenty of sweet attacks.

I don't know if that even supports your argument. I just wanted to flex the stuff I learned watching Kaiji and make a bunch of bad puns.
Old 2012-01-20, 16:22   Link #2560
Snow_Storm
Welcome to primetime!

Quote:

Speaking of hidden data on the game, it's a little disappointing to see that Rena hasn't been added to the game yet even after her name was found within the files of the first release.
Pretty sure it was confrimed that Ryukishi07 did that just to mess with people heads. He knows that people love to rip files from his games, so he did that just for kicks.

Granted, if enough people beg, we might get Rena...one day.

Closed Thread