AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-13, 15:40   Link #2881
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
what do mean by pro-life?vdo mean by a professional athletic career
In this context it means anti-abortion, see Wiki Pro-life. A different viewpoint is Pro-Choice (again see Wiki) which is the view that abortion is a valid option.

Please note that such discussion is really outside the topic of this thread (meaning please do not argue Pro-Life and Pro-Choice issues here).
Old 2007-07-13, 15:54   Link #2882
UPR

ohh ok well it is true you learn something new everyday, anyway i wonder what Suzuka is going to say about Yamato's injuries
Old 2007-07-13, 16:09   Link #2883
DanielSong39

Call me crazy but I think the first person Suzuka and Yamato should have notified was Suzuka's father...

I know this sounds suicidal, but this whole situation is eating away at Suzuka and Yamato on the inside, and neither of them know what they should do...

For better or worse, if Suzuka's father became involved their options would narrow CONSIDERABLY...
Old 2007-07-13, 16:13   Link #2884
Gundam Master

Send a message via AIM to Gundam Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
In this context it means anti-abortion, see Wiki Pro-life. A different viewpoint is Pro-Choice (again see Wiki) which is the view that abortion is a valid option.

Please note that such discussion is really outside the topic of this thread (meaning please do not argue Pro-Life and Pro-Choice issues here).
Sorry, it was just that like everyone was saying kill the baby.

Back on topic.
Man how pissed will Suzuka's dad be if Miki is the one to spill the beans again
Old 2007-07-13, 18:06   Link #2885
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
1-I don't see anyone disrespecting the blogger's wishes in the last couple of pages: he asks that we not copy and paste. Seems reasonable. He's doing a great service. 2-You're a bit too elliptical for me in the second part. What was "the meaning behind" ch157?
1) I was just making a general statement.. it's obvious he was upset over something so I just decided to say something here.
(Note: His blog was edited from the last time I saw it. It had previously mentioned several specific places where his blog was being copied and pasted..)

2) Perhaps I was a bit off by using the wrong choice of words. I'm just happy that Yamato says it himself that Suzuka is the most important thing to him. It opens up possibilities instead of hardheadedness and shows us that he'll probably support whatever decision she makes. His devotion towards her and his current mindset are displayed in this chapter.

Even though telling Arima his problems was a bit weird for me, in my opinion it semi-jolted him out of his indecisiveness mood.

Sorry to clarify so late Kaoru.. I've been avoiding the thread a bit due to it becoming an increasingly pro-life pro-choice argument... praise xris for stepping in.

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
Old 2007-07-13, 22:22   Link #2886
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Well, we have to remember that this is a Japanese manga, so who knows what they are thinking unless some Japanese dude makes his stand here. I still think it's natural for Yamato to own up to Arima, since the Japanese way of human-interaction is probably different from the Western way. The Japanese sense of logic in speech interaction can be weird in the eyes of others.

Anyway, I hope Suzuka doesn't op for abortion. It'd be interesting to see them struggle to start a family.
Old 2007-07-13, 22:44   Link #2887
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Well I don't know about now, but the Japanese way of thinking use to baffel us Westerns. Kamakazis, Banzai charges, etc.
Old 2007-07-13, 23:17   Link #2888
Key Board
Carbon

Enough with the stereotypes. 2ch doesn't like him either

As someone who has a Japanese Business certificate I can say that no, it has nothing to do with culture.

Maybe if he went to a bar, got drunk and spilled his heart out to a barfly like so many Japanese salary-men do, then yes, I can somewhat understand it. I could delve into why salary-men do this, but that's another topic.

No, what happened in this chapter is Yamato was pressured, caved in and spilled the beans. His freaking survival instincts kicked in. It was a moment of weakness for him.

can I bash his character for that? Oh absolutely.
Old 2007-07-14, 00:56   Link #2889
ibostyle11
sarcasm's prodigy

I just read chapter 137. I actually experienced all of those chains of event all the way down to the conclusion in that chapter recently. Quite crazy how accurate that is for me really.

Last edited by xris; 2007-07-14 at 06:49. Reason: Read the first post of this thread!
Old 2007-07-14, 01:40   Link #2890
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibostyle11 View Post
I just read chapter 137. I actually experienced all of those chains of event all the way down to the conclusion in that chapter recently. Quite crazy how accurate that is for me really.

btw... where can I find the chapters that come after 137?
read the first post

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
Old 2007-07-14, 02:30   Link #2891
aikming

man, Arima is sure a cold-hearted and selfish man who only think of himself. No wonder Yamato fought back. I bet Yamato has regretted telling him about the matter.
Old 2007-07-14, 03:11   Link #2892
Hydex

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikming View Post
man, Arima is sure a cold-hearted and selfish man who only think of himself. No wonder Yamato fought back. I bet Yamato has regretted telling him about the matter.
Tell me why he should have comforted/helped him? He HATES Yamato, ffs.
Old 2007-07-14, 05:31   Link #2893
aikming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydex View Post
Tell me why he should have comforted/helped him? He HATES Yamato, ffs.
Any idiot would know that Arima and Yamato hate each other.

You sure dont understand the statement that I made. Obviously you haven't read the chapter dialogue. To Arima, if he had made someone pregnant he wont hesistate to ask the girl go for abortion, because all he cares is his track achievement. That's the cold-hearted and selfish that I meant.

He remarked that to Yamato and cause Yamato to boiled, making Yamato retaliated and punched back.
Old 2007-07-14, 05:39   Link #2894
Hydex

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikming View Post
Any idiot would know that Arima and Yamato hate each other.

You sure dont understand the statement that I made. Obviously you haven't read the chapter dialogue. To Arima, if he had made someone pregnant he wont hesistate to ask the girl go for abortion, because all he cares is his track achievement. That's the cold-hearted and selfish that I meant.

He remarked that to Yamato and cause Yamato to boiled, making Yamato retaliated and punched back.
That's meant to hurt Yamato, yes (and it's well done). Would he really do that if he was in his position? Not sure.
Old 2007-07-14, 23:17   Link #2895
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I won't want to talk about pro-life or pro-choice, but I want to know why Seo thinks of his readers as dumbasses. What Yamato is doing right now is so abnormal, that I don't know if he smoked pot or sniffed cocaine when he wrote this.
Old 2007-07-15, 11:07   Link #2896
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui

I am not so sure it is abnormal, I have never been the boyfriend of a pregnant teen, but some of my friends made that mistake, and I can honestly say there was no "normal" reaction from them. Seo's take is as good as any, this is a stressful situation and people react differently to stress, I personally thought Yamato did pretty well since his first thought wasn't about himself and what this would do to him, but about Suzuka.
Old 2007-07-15, 11:20   Link #2897
blahdida

At least we know Yamato isnt a self centered slob like Arima (Horray). He actually cares more about Suzuka than track (not suprising since he joined track to meet with Suzuka) but now his caring motives are gonna get them both screwed over
Old 2007-07-15, 17:19   Link #2898
Angelic
Feel the Beat

I think telling arima was just too stupid of Yamato, and too impulsive to fit his persona.
Old 2007-07-15, 22:01   Link #2899
justwisted

Hi new to the boards here......
I got into Suzuka after my sister was ranting and raving about this series about how closely the the main characters were to me and my wife..... and now I feel that its a little bit more haunting with the latest chapters.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
I won't want to talk about pro-life or pro-choice, but I want to know why Seo thinks of his readers as dumbasses. What Yamato is doing right now is so abnormal, that I don't know if he smoked pot or sniffed cocaine when he wrote this.
Been reading the post because I find them interesting and now I feel putting my own thoughts....

I really don't think Seo really thinks we're dumbasses but seeing how everything in the last few chapters unfold brings back a truck lot of memories.

I think the reactions that Suzuka and Yamato are natural.... What else is there to say about having a baby its like having a left hook come out of now where and your down on your ass as quickly as people thought your winning a boxing match.

I'll tell you it was one of the hardest moments to get through in my entire life when those words were utter by my significant other. We were both athletes and 19 at the time and for me everything was at a standstill, thought rushed through my mind. It took us a few days to figure out what to do with the situation we found ourselves in and a whole lot of arguing.

Ultimately I found that it was her decision to make if she wanted to keep the baby which she did and it was my decision if I wanted to stay with her and be a father to the baby or leave to pursue my dream of playing pro hockey.

I choose to stay with her ultimately and became a father to a baby boy. I told my mom initially over the phone which she freaked out. I didn't want to go home so I wandered around town until I reached my favourite comic book shop. The only person I told was my best friend where I was and I got a phone call at the shop from him saying that my Pop found out and my heart literally sank. The shop keeper thought that there was going to be a hit on me because he thought why would someone call specifically for me in his shop.

I went home hid under my bed. The last person I wanted to get mad at me was Pop. I thought he was going to beat me but it didn't happen. They said that they would try to help out where ever they can. My girl's mom literally exploded on me when we told her. She slap and hit me which I couldn't really do anything. At one point she was so mad that trying to hold that anger in that she refused to breath that was how mad she was. Her mom stopped talking to me altogether and my girl after she choose to keep the baby.

Things didn't get any better between her mom and us until she was having the baby. My sister called her telling her that she was at the hospital. My sister told me that she called her but all she said was 'what does that have to do with me?'
It wasn't until my girl pushed the baby out that her mom came in and said that she was sorry for being stubborn. Heck both of them are the same. Babies I guess heal wounds.

I went to College for the next 3 years here in Canada after he was born, not only did I become a father once during that time 2 years later into my education I became a father again to another boy. This time was the hardest thing I've ever done but it paid off and now I work at a Graphic Design firm in here in Toronto. I knew hockey wouldn't be forever and I loved to draw.

My then girlfriend who now is my wife of 8 years gave up her track career to become a parent is now just one year away from graduating University in Sports Medicine. She was going to study Sports Medicine with her scholarship she received in the US before the big news.

Our boys are now 8 and 6. Now as parents me and my wife have decided against pushing our kids into sports but its hard when they ask you out on their own will. Our oldest loves playing soccer, hockey and is now getting into track after this past school year, it was his first year he was eligible to run for the school and he loves it. My youngest also plays soccer and hockey too. Listening to what they were asked in by their teachers when they grow up and their responses were to play hockey. (I guess for now thats what they want to be)

We are both proud of them and its funny how things turn out. We don't own them but they own us and they will carry our dreams in a way.

Sorry for the long post......
Old 2007-07-15, 22:12   Link #2900
TigerII
Pilot in Training

If this is how Suzuka turns out(Following your story), then touche..
Closed Thread