AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2010-09-07, 08:52   Link #861
snowiinggiirl

im trying to learn this song. but my fingers are too short > any advice for me? ><
snowiinggiirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 09:19   Link #862
ChorpSaway

What are the specific issues you're having with the song? Where do the "small fingers" affect you in the song?
Just trying to correctly diagnose the problem here.
ChorpSaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 09:24   Link #863
BlackKnightKanos
Lord of The Netherealm

Send a message via Yahoo to BlackKnightKanos
Which part of the song do you have a problem with?
BlackKnightKanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 13:48   Link #864
Bolt237

To all the beginner guitarists:
the best thing to do is keep practicing. if you keep practicing, it doesn't matter much exactly what, you will improve. like your finger speed, strumming, dexterity, etc.
It might help to do some excercises, like stretching your fingers or just doing scales.

Also, the lead part for Fude Pen, Ball Pen is not very hard (excepting the solo), so if you like that song you can give it a try. I found the second guitar part more difficult.
Bolt237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 14:10   Link #865
VentAileron

Yeah, either start with Fuwa Fuwa Time or Fude Pen ~Boru Pen~ for your first K-ON! song if you're a beginner guitarist. Though I've to say that Fuwa Fuwa Time full version is much harder than Fude Pen ~Boru Pen~ full version because of the bridge. The solo in Fude Pen ~Boru Pen~ might sound intimidating at first since it's a...solo, but it's actually pretty easy if you ask me, much easier than the bridge of Fuwa Fuwa Time where you aren't even playing a solo.

Just know you won't become a great musician overnight. It's an art and as with all arts, it comes with talent but above all, practice. The guys on youtube makes it all look so easy, but they too spent hours and hours practicing playing their instrument.
Old 2010-09-07, 17:23   Link #866
Kev-kun
Curiousity is a Virtue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VentAileron View Post
Yeah, either start with Fuwa Fuwa Time or Fude Pen ~Boru Pen~ for your first K-ON! song if you're a beginner guitarist. Though I've to say that Fuwa Fuwa Time full version is much harder than Fude Pen ~Boru Pen~ full version because of the bridge. The solo in Fude Pen ~Boru Pen~ might sound intimidating at first since it's a...solo, but it's actually pretty easy if you ask me, much easier than the bridge of Fuwa Fuwa Time where you aren't even playing a solo.

Just know you won't become a great musician overnight. It's an art and as with all arts, it comes with talent but above all, practice. The guys on youtube makes it all look so easy, but they too spent hours and hours practicing playing their instrument.
-_-' lol i started with u &i as my 1st guitar song/cover so i kinda broke the rule lol
Old 2010-09-07, 17:56   Link #867
BlackKnightKanos
Lord of The Netherealm

Send a message via Yahoo to BlackKnightKanos
The first K-On! song I learned was Cagayake Girls TV-Size version then My Love is a Stapler next.
BlackKnightKanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 20:07   Link #868
Prince Kuku

I can't cope with his speed in strumming combine with this called palm muting . Any tips sir ?
Prince Kuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 21:29   Link #869
Bolt237

Quote:
-_-' lol i started with u &i as my 1st guitar song/cover so i kinda broke the rule lol
Well it doesn't seem that hard... except there aren't a lot of tabs out for it

Quote:
I can't cope with his speed in strumming combine with this called palm muting . Any tips sir ?
Unless I'm mistaken, you just started, right? Well just practicepracticepractice
(Practice short strums, without the palm mute first. Palm muting can come later. and don't neglect your up-strumming)
Old 2010-09-07, 21:34   Link #870
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

There's no better tip than really to just not give up xD

And I think my first K-ON song (riff) was Fude Pen Boru Pen. Woo!
bloppyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 21:37   Link #871
Bolt237

Those sneaky people put 3 guitars in the solo part of U&I. Unless one of them's the keyboard or something.

I was pretty upset when I saw 3 guitar parts for Listen!!
It's like, it's a pain to learn 3 parts. And even then I can only play 1/3 of them at once.
Old 2010-09-07, 21:44   Link #872
AznAndy94
The Unknown Artist

Send a message via MSN to AznAndy94 Send a message via Yahoo to AznAndy94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt237 View Post
Those sneaky people put 3 guitars in the solo part of U&I. Unless one of them's the keyboard or something.

I was pretty upset when I saw 3 guitar parts for Listen!!
It's like, it's a pain to learn 3 parts. And even then I can only play 1/3 of them at once.
Well the 3 guitar parts may just be one with a chorus effect added on top. I haven't checked it out myself, but I'm guessing that's what it is.

Also, I have a free full version of Guitar Pro 5 (program and crack - RSEs included). Anyone who wants the Guitar Pro Program, message me.
AznAndy94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 21:49   Link #873
Bolt237

Come to think of it, is anyone working on a tab of U&I? (And do you want to recruit the help of some forum members?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznAndy94 View Post
Well the 3 guitar parts may just be one with a chorus effect added on top. I haven't checked it out myself, but I'm guessing that's what it is.

Also, I have a free full version of Guitar Pro 5 (program and crack - RSEs included). Anyone who wants the Guitar Pro Program, message me.
I dunno man... that last note, I don't think a chorus could do that. But I might be wrong.

Also, I'd like gp5 please ^^ Tuxguitar is nice and all, but I wanna see what features I'm missing
Old 2010-09-07, 21:53   Link #874
Prince Kuku

Does standing or sitting affects my playing ?
Old 2010-09-07, 21:57   Link #875
Prince Kuku

@bloppyblue - Fude Pen Boru Pen do you have tab sir ? Maybe i can add it in my list to play
Old 2010-09-07, 22:17   Link #876
snowiinggiirl

can i have the guitar pro programme too? :x i have a hard time viewing the tabs :/
Old 2010-09-07, 22:22   Link #877
snowiinggiirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowiinggiirl View Post

im trying to learn this song. but my fingers are too short > any advice for me? ><
umm, at 02:15. almost all >.>
Old 2010-09-07, 22:33   Link #878
AznAndy94
The Unknown Artist

Send a message via MSN to AznAndy94 Send a message via Yahoo to AznAndy94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt237 View Post
I dunno man... that last note, I don't think a chorus could do that. But I might be wrong.

Also, I'd like gp5 please ^^ Tuxguitar is nice and all, but I wanna see what features I'm missing
Well I know Listen!! has 3 separate parts, two of which will sometimes play the same thing when the third is added. U&I seems like it'd have a lead and a rhythm and the lead has the chorus. Again, not completely sure, I only listened to it about 3 times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Kuku View Post
Yes, sitting while playing the guitar/bass is much easier than standing. Keyboard has little to no change and drums are impossible to play standing up. Well not impossible, but extremely challenging.
Quote:
can i have the guitar pro programme too? :x i have a hard time viewing the tabs :/
Anyone who wants the program send me a PM, so I know who's going to be receiving it. I don't really want to fully release a link that has it on there. This way people actually have to do something to get it. It's kind of like a limiter to who gets it, but who ever asks, I'll give it to them.
AznAndy94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 23:11   Link #879
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

Quote:
@bloppyblue - Fude Pen Boru Pen do you have tab sir ? Maybe i can add it in my list to play
Sorry, I don't have the tabs anymore ^^' I'm sure they can be found earlier in the thread.

Quote:
It shouldn't affect your playing, although if you practice sitting down then sitting down will be eaiser. You tend to be more relaxed while standing since the weight of your guitar is supported by the strap and you're not hunched over. Although some would say it's easier playing sitting down because you're closer to it and stuff... It's all about preference :P

Quote:
umm, at 02:15. almost all >.>
Is it the reach with the chords (like, the first F chord) or with the scratching or the little chords? One thing is to practice reealllyy slowly. Like, slower than his slower example. Don't be surprised if you practice a part of a song for weeks or months lol.
Edit: also, MAKE SURE YOU KEEP TIME!! Practice getting everything first metronome-less so you know what to do, then practice on getting it up to speed.
bloppyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 23:48   Link #880
snowiinggiirl

umm... yeah the first f chord. and the little chords too. >.<