AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2010-09-07, 23:51   Link #881
ChorpSaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowiinggiirl View Post
umm, at 02:15. almost all >.>
So, if the issue is with the chord at 2:15 (the F chord), you just have to practice getting your pointer finger over all of the strings on the first fret and pressing down fully.
If that's giving you trouble, but you still want to progress through the song, you can use the alternate F chord.
Code:
---
---
-2-
-3-
-3-
-1-
It'd be good to learn bar chords though, major important if you're gonna learn guitar.

If the trouble is with moving from each chord position, that only comes with time and practice. Leave out the muting until you can get it up to speed, then start to add the fancy muting sections.
ChorpSaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 00:08   Link #882
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

Barre chords are one of the most important things to learn in guitar. Without it, you'll just be learning "easier" versions of songs all the time.

Like ChorpSaway said, you can use the alternate F chord, but I would really suggest you work on the full F chord everytime you practice. Don't go easy on yourself and cut yourself some slack lol.
If you can't bar down the first fret and it's not because of strength, try moving your finger futher up (so more of your index sticks out at the top) or futher down (so less of it sticks out from the top). Make sure you're barring right before the fret and with your finger at an angle for the most strength. And remember, you don't have to barre down the strings you won't be playing with the first finger (my friend kept doing this!) So you don't have to put so much pressure on the A, D, or G string since your other fingers will be covering that.
bloppyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 00:24   Link #883
Prince Kuku

Do you have any practices for picking alternate and strumming, i don't feel the strumming practice on what i've search don't know why, its kinda boring. Theres something craving me to play it now.
Prince Kuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 01:17   Link #884
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Kuku View Post
Do you have any practices for picking alternate and strumming, i don't feel the strumming practice on what i've search don't know why, its kinda boring. Theres something craving me to play it now.
Fuwa Fuwa Time is a good K-ON song to practice strumming on (I think?)

Off-topic: I remember playing the main riff of Ryashon's cover of the Mortal Kombat theme over and over again to practice my alternate/economy picking early on.
bloppyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 01:34   Link #885
Prince Kuku

Were you a beginner back that time? I just heard it and thats too fast though.
Old 2010-09-08, 01:54   Link #886
Kev-kun
Curiousity is a Virtue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloppyblue View Post
Fuwa Fuwa Time is a good K-ON song to practice strumming on (I think?)

Off-topic: I remember playing the main riff of Ryashon's cover of the Mortal Kombat theme over and over again to practice my alternate/economy picking early on.
Even though its like a half song thingy, the season 2 opening riff by Yui would be good for strumming patterns

tabs are here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1CDS823C

Last edited by Kev-kun; 2010-09-08 at 01:57. Reason: add-on
Kev-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 03:24   Link #887
Prince Kuku

Thank you guys for your all help . I will post for any progression.
Old 2010-09-08, 03:36   Link #888
kssael
Don't say "Crabcore"!

Will be covering U&I this Saturday. That will be the last of my K-On! covers.
Old 2010-09-08, 03:44   Link #889
MagnaDrake
iAmAwesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by kssael View Post
Will be covering U&I this Saturday. That will be the last of my K-On! covers.
So you're not going to cover the Second Character Image songs? Too bad.
MagnaDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 04:28   Link #890
chubi23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananoha View Post
I'm not going to release the scans publicly until after the song is completed in guitar pro. I don't want a few people to be working on it and then someone with more time/know-how finishes before them. It takes quite a bit to tab all of this out.

That being said, I can give you scans to the completed songs if you want to check something out.

Coolly Hotty Tension Hi!!
Jajauma Way To Go

.... And it'd be nice if people who are still willing to tab these out would like to request songs so I can know in advance. I'm getting really busy with full-time work and school now. ._.;

thanks bananoha and moogie ^^
chubi23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 04:40   Link #891
LightMusicBand
To the salt mines

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnaDrake View Post

there are second character image songs (album i mean)??? or the second song in their previous character song series??

talking about playing fuwa fuwa time kinda reminds me on how i started playing guitar (like 4 months ago). it was my first cover, in acoustic even (in my youtube channel). I remember staying up all night until i get the strumming pattern right. time sure flies when you strum like mad.I cant really give tips and all, because i'm the one who needs them.

oh yeah, i just remembered some stuff when i was daydreaming at class today.
What album is Curry Nochi Rice in? the same as fude pen Yui version?

Who is the lead guitarist (officially)? I presume Azusa since she's the better guitarist and the one doing the lead in fuwa fuwa time. but i kinda remember an episode where yui insisted on being lead.

what you can think in the middle of boring classes.

o yeah, Moogie, i could wait for the full version of your tabs to arrive. I'll be pretty busy with studies this weekend anyways (darn tests).
Old 2010-09-08, 08:01   Link #892
kssael
Don't say "Crabcore"!

Quote:
I'm more familiar with U&I and I've made up some 16th note fills with heel-toe technique. Besides, I'm missing out what I should've covered months ago (planning on covering some old pop punk and an SNSD cover since I've given away my worn-out generic double bass pedal).
Old 2010-09-08, 09:48   Link #893
MagnaDrake
iAmAwesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightMusicBand View Post
there are second character image songs (album i mean)??? or the second song in their previous character song series??

talking about playing fuwa fuwa time kinda reminds me on how i started playing guitar (like 4 months ago). it was my first cover, in acoustic even (in my youtube channel). I remember staying up all night until i get the strumming pattern right. time sure flies when you strum like mad.I cant really give tips and all, because i'm the one who needs them.

oh yeah, i just remembered some stuff when i was daydreaming at class today.
What album is Curry Nochi Rice in? the same as fude pen Yui version?

Who is the lead guitarist (officially)? I presume Azusa since she's the better guitarist and the one doing the lead in fuwa fuwa time. but i kinda remember an episode where yui insisted on being lead.

what you can think in the middle of boring classes.

o yeah, Moogie, i could wait for the full version of your tabs to arrive. I'll be pretty busy with studies this weekend anyways (darn tests).

Well, This October theres a second set of the Character Image Songs going to be released.
Old 2010-09-08, 09:56   Link #894
BlackKnightKanos
Lord of The Netherealm

Send a message via Yahoo to BlackKnightKanos
Hey guys! This just happened.

U&I tabs.
BlackKnightKanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 11:17   Link #895
Bolt237

If you wanna practice strumming, the simplest thing to do is just practice playing regular songs. If you just practice songs, the strumming patterns are varied enough that you'll just get better.

For barre chords, it takes a lot of practice. Just keep trying to build up the strength in the index finger. Make sure you're using the side of your finger, and make sure you're able to fret all the strings.

Quote:
Nope, it's Yui. (usually)
Bolt237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 11:19   Link #896
Ritsu026
Ritsu's boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackKnightKanos View Post

U&I tabs.
Lol , that's really great news.
Old 2010-09-08, 17:50   Link #897
MagnaDrake
iAmAwesome

Since U&I is already there, Gohan Wa Okazu should be next. Anybody got them?
Old 2010-09-08, 18:21   Link #898
Moogie
quick scopes anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackKnightKanos View Post

U&I tabs.
LOL. The way you said it kind of made me laugh. Anyways thank you very much.
Moogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 19:57   Link #899
Kragma

Send a message via ICQ to Kragma Send a message via AIM to Kragma
Quote:
Since U&I is already there, Gohan Wa Okazu should be next. Anybody got them?
There's one on ultimateguitar with all instruments. I dunno about its accuracy since I haven't tried playing along with it yet. I'll probably do a video of it if it's right.

I really dislike songsterr since it hides the notes and only shows the tab. For non-standard tunings, this is terrible.
Old 2010-09-09, 04:07   Link #900
Kev-kun
Curiousity is a Virtue?

Quote:
Well, This October theres a second set of the Character Image Songs going to be released.
Psst... September 21st

Last edited by Kev-kun; 2010-09-10 at 05:18.
Kev-kun is offline   Reply With Quote