AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2010-09-11, 20:47   Link #941
ChorpSaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirasawakevin9272 View Post
.... hm.. i was reading some tabs (U & I Full) and it said to pick scratch on two high notes... B and G... like im confused myself... isnt if there an x replaced with a note, it means it muted right?

e:
B: x
G: x
D:
A:
E:

pick scratch....
Alright, I see now. The pick scratch has no symbol to go along with it, so it's often tabbed like
Code:
----
-x\-
-x\-
----
----
----
Or something similar. In this case, you don't mute the strings, but just pick scratch.
Hope that helps!
ChorpSaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 20:52   Link #942
Kev-kun
Curiousity is a Virtue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChorpSaway View Post
Alright, I see now. The pick scratch has no symbol to go along with it, so it's often tabbed like
Code:
----
-x\-
-x\-
----
----
----
Or something similar. In this case, you don't mute the strings, but just pick scratch.
Hope that helps!
ok thank you very much!! =)
Old 2010-09-11, 22:00   Link #943
Bolt237

If there's a muted note (x) with a slide (\), you do the slide, but not from a defined note. It'll sound pretty dirty.
It's kind of hard to explain, but it's really not that important.

Oh, and as for my previous post, I meant if someone could send a copy of the pdf so I can help to convert it into gp5 form (as to not inconvenience the guy with the video)
or I could just ask the guy.
Bolt237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 22:09   Link #944
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt237 View Post
That might be because he's trying to sift through two guitar parts at once... or maybe not
It'll probably be easier listening to the instrumental version, slowed-down

I'm pretty sure official sheet music for this one isn't out yet

EDIT: If anyone's already asked that guy for U&I tabs (I think they're usually in pdf), I'm willing to contribute to a gp5 version of the tab.
Official sheet isn't out yet. I meant I think he's playing the actual song and not improvising random parts ^^'

U&I and Gohan full: http://www.mediafire.com/?o3mrokasxruyt14
There is both a PDF and a Power Tab file in there for both songs.
bloppyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 22:19   Link #945
deng17
Sylpheed

Send a message via Yahoo to deng17
Lol U&I full version became more difficult. Before I can only hear one guitar track (Yui's track to be precise) all throughout the song (except for the intro I guess)

FULL Version: Yui (left), Azusa (center and right), Rhythm (center)

Azusa really likes to do octaves and those weird chord shapes. Took me some time to get all that.

Since this song has 3 tracks and vocal, I have to prepare 4 different presets for this so that all tracks will cut through the whole song.

Anyway, I got all the tracks down plus the vocals yesterday. I just need to burn these tracks into my muscle memory until it feels like my hand is playing on its own. Gonna do a video cover if ever I have the time (or audio at least)
deng17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 01:19   Link #946
BlackKnightKanos
Lord of The Netherealm

Send a message via Yahoo to BlackKnightKanos
Well, here's a post that somewhat related. I think we all have our preferences what the easiest K-On! song may be. Now I'm asking: "What's the hardest for you?" Personally, I think Go!Go! Maniac is the hardest.
BlackKnightKanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 02:08   Link #947
Moogie
quick scopes anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackKnightKanos View Post
Well, here's a post that somewhat related. I think we all have our preferences what the easiest K-On! song may be. Now I'm asking: "What's the hardest for you?" Personally, I think Go!Go! Maniac is the hardest.
have you not seen the guitar tabs for utauyo miracle?
Moogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 02:13   Link #948
Kev-kun
Curiousity is a Virtue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackKnightKanos View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogie View Post
have you not seen the guitar tabs for utauyo miracle?
have to agree with moogie here... Utauyo miracle is F***** hard... excuse me for my bad language
Old 2010-09-12, 04:47   Link #949
BlackKnightKanos
Lord of The Netherealm

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirasawakevin9272 View Post
have to agree with moogie here... Utauyo miracle is F***** hard... excuse me for my bad language
You are excused. Yea, Utauyo Miracle is also friggin' hard along with Go!Go! Maniac!
Old 2010-09-12, 08:37   Link #950
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

Oh yeah, Utauyo would definitely be the hardest for guitar o_o That's some crazy stuff right there. I remember first watching it and having my brains blown across the room. Like lloonnee2 had said, Azusa's character song is pretty hard too cause of its jazziness.

Drum-wise, I think Mokujise Happy 100% (Ritsu's character song) or Cagayake sounds the hardest.

I'm not quite sure for piano and bass. Maybe Gohan?
Old 2010-09-12, 12:11   Link #951
Bolt237

I'm working on a gp5 tab for U&I, splitting the youtube guy's tab into two parts...

So if anyone's already tabbed some/all of it, I'd like to know, so I'm not overlapping with someone's work. yeah
Bolt237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 12:15   Link #952
BlackKnightKanos
Lord of The Netherealm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt237 View Post
I'm working on a gp5 tab for U&I, splitting the youtube guy's tab into two parts...

So if anyone's already tabbed some/all of it, I'd like to know, so I'm not overlapping with someone's work. yeah
Well, there's another one uploaded on Songsterr.com already and it has all the instruments. I'm not really sure about "that guy's" version. I'm kinda not diggin' it.
Old 2010-09-12, 19:37   Link #953
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

Just wondering, do you guys prefer playing the songs with the official score or with fan-made scores?

My ear can't distinguish whether some notes are correct or not... And I'm wondering which tabs I wanna play or not. The official score for HotchKiss are pretty whack but I feel kind of guilty for using a fan-done tab xD
Old 2010-09-12, 20:37   Link #954
Moogie
quick scopes anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloppyblue View Post
Just wondering, do you guys prefer playing the songs with the official score or with fan-made scores?

My ear can't distinguish whether some notes are correct or not... And I'm wondering which tabs I wanna play or not. The official score for HotchKiss are pretty whack but I feel kind of guilty for using a fan-done tab xD
Mostly every guitar cover I've seen on youtube was done with fan done tabs, or they made it themselves. You shouldn't feel guilty.
Moogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 21:32   Link #955
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

Oh, does anybody have tabs for Falling Reinforced Concrete from the K-ON! OST? Preferably with both guitars for a duet

Old 2010-09-12, 21:43   Link #956
ChorpSaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloppyblue View Post
Oh, does anybody have tabs for Falling Reinforced Concrete from the K-ON! OST? Preferably with both guitars for a duet

I haven't been able to find any tabs or sheet music for it online.
And I don't know if anyone of this forum is working on it. But this has been requested at least one time before, and I didn't see any kind of response.
I'll start working on it, but if someone here is quicker/getting it done already, feel free to beat me to it.

EDIT: ...and after another couple minutes of searching, I find a YouTube video of it, in full.

Last edited by ChorpSaway; 2010-09-12 at 22:18.
ChorpSaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 22:34   Link #957
Kragma

Send a message via ICQ to Kragma Send a message via AIM to Kragma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogie View Post
Mostly every guitar cover I've seen on youtube was done with fan done tabs, or they made it themselves. You shouldn't feel guilty.
The bass cover of U&I I did was a combination of watching a couple videos of people covering it, which basically got me what key it's in and a couple of the fills. It's easier for me to guess the interval than the key and everything flows from there. Some of it was just plain improvised. I did the same thing when No Thank You! came out.

As for official vs not, even when working from an official score, there's room for changes based on what you want it to sound like. In my case, I end up doing slides and syncopation that may not exist as noted, but fits with the sound.
Old 2010-09-13, 05:43   Link #958
LightMusicBand
To the salt mines

uhm, i don't have much time (in my account in the comp shop) so i'll keep it short.

been looking at a previous thread. may i ask.

pick scratching, is it tremolo picking, or pick sliding?

in the 2 high strings, that's probably tremolo picking, but how do you do that in two strings, do you do it separately, or strumming the two strings together or something....

2 mins left. thanks dudes.....
Old 2010-09-13, 05:53   Link #959
Kev-kun
Curiousity is a Virtue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightMusicBand View Post
uhm, i don't have much time (in my account in the comp shop) so i'll keep it short.

been looking at a previous thread. may i ask.

pick scratching, is it tremolo picking, or pick sliding?

in the 2 high strings, that's probably tremolo picking, but how do you do that in two strings, do you do it separately, or strumming the two strings together or something....

2 mins left. thanks dudes.....
um.. ok thanks...
Old 2010-09-13, 10:56   Link #960
deng17
Sylpheed

Send a message via Yahoo to deng17
@BlackKnight
Hmm GO!GO!Maniac...the reason I can't do a cover for it is because of the very fast chromatic scale. I can get some of it but midway I'm losing the tempo or the note. That's the fastest solo the HTT ever had.

@LightMusicBand
Pick scratching is sliding or scratching your pick towards the length of your string. It's often used as a transition. I love to do this in my cover to give more flavor or heighten up the mood before a certain part of the song. Usually before the final chorus.

Tremolo picking is a very fast alternate picking. GO!GO!Maniac! solo uses tremolo picking on the chromatic scale. Guitar ni Kubittake's solo also uses tremolo picking (for the last part)

Pick sliding...maybe it's also the same as pick scratching since you're also sliding the pick.

If I understood it wrong, please correct me. I'm only basing my explanation through my experience XD.

...need to find the time to record even if its audio-only. Oh..I still have to learn the right solo track (Azusa). It's frustrating that you're gonna learn 2 solos for U&I XD
deng17 is offline   Reply With Quote