AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2023-05-15, 08:47   Link #1301
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Didn't they have two recap episodes in the first cour?
*looks at Vinland Saga that didn't even rest a whole cour and still did 2-cour with no problems*
There was only one recap in the first cour, between episode 6 and 7. The two other skips were caused by the JP broadcaster doing special programming in the timeslot.

There was a full recap of cour 1 done a week before cour 2 started thought narrated by Char Aznable.

This time, the skip is probably the result of golden week (end of April/early May) impacting production.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-16, 15:52   Link #1302
Collbrande-Ex

Suletta should pull a Mio first ep and go to earth. Suletta has spent her entire life sheltered from everything. Now she literally has lost everything betrayed by the person you love, abandoned by her family.

Suletta has served her purpose to Prospera if Prospera had any interest in keeping Suletta under her thumb she would have stuck around in the shadows waiting for Suletta to breakdown to use her against Mio later on. Prospera wouldn't miss a chance to have a useful card ready in case Mio double crosses her. Pretty much from ep 16 argument between Mio and Prospera I can pretty much say Prospera doesn't care about Suletta at all.

Aerial shutdown at the most important moment in Suletta's life so far even saying sorry just before it. The apology shows that Aerial is fully self aware and knew what would happen but did nothing (most likely not true).

Finally we have Mio the person she loves that sabotaged Aerial so that she would lose the duel and Aerial at the same time, pretty much told she served her purpose, tossed the present she gave her (please don't make this valvarave thing people are mentioning true) that was part of her list of things to do that is also precious to her. Finally she destroyed Suletta's newly found dream.

On earth Suletta can learn from people especially Olcott who has truly lost everything and seen hell. She can also learn about Sophie and the curse of Gundams. I guess she could also get a new one or maybe even end up piloting Sophie's unit. To I guess save Mio from Prospera after choosing to save Mio and forgive her, after of course a good lecture about their chat in ep 11 about relying on her and that she could of attempted to reason with her.

If she chooses to pilot a Gundam it would in my eyes be the first time in the whole series where Suletta truly decides anything for herself instead of getting swept up in the moment or having Prospera, Mio and I guess even Aerial decide for her.

Plus I would just love how Mio and Aerial choices end up pretty much leading Suletta to a possible death (though Aerial I guess will save her).
Collbrande-Ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-16, 21:45   Link #1303
Key Board
Carbon

Suletta lived on Mercury.
It's a lot harsher than Earth.

I think Shaddiq recruiting Suletta and lending her the Lfrith Ur is a possibility.
Because I can see him doing just that to mess with Miorine.

Depending on how much DoF told him, Shaddiq can also make Guel's patricide public or forge evidence that ties him to the DoF.

Investors will hate that kind of disastrous PR.
They will not back Miorine. Rending her and Prospera's plan useless.

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-19, 19:47   Link #1304
azarhal

Beware that episode 18 was available on Amazon Japan for a while today. There are spoilers around. Well more than usual.

edit: full episode is available (JP).

A wrong assumption from the last episode: Eri is still in Aerial and the mask flash was
Spoiler for tiny spoiler:

Bring tissues for the last 7 ish minutes.

Last edited by azarhal; 2023-05-19 at 22:17.
Old 2023-05-19, 23:04   Link #1305
TheDoctor324

The heck are you finding this out? I'm not seeing anything anywhere.
TheDoctor324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-19, 23:07   Link #1306
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoctor324 View Post
The heck are you finding this out? I'm not seeing anything anywhere.
The episode got leaked on amazon prime so the raw can be found in some places.
Old 2023-05-19, 23:37   Link #1307
TheDoctor324

I wish I remembered more japanese from college....I could only pick up a few words here and there....but if I'm basing on what I saw.....wow

Edit: Ok found out a bit more/understand more...... yeah "wow" is the right word for that ending sequence. Not sure how many more episodes are left....3-4? But there's gonna have to be longer episodes or a second season becuase there's no way this gets resolved properly (as properly as gundam shows can be that is).

Last edited by TheDoctor324; 2023-05-20 at 00:19.
Old 2023-05-20, 02:19   Link #1308
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

The things that I like from this episode 18 other than the Eri ordeal are:

Spoiler for Plot Points:
Old 2023-05-20, 06:20   Link #1309
azarhal

Quote:
I wish I remembered more japanese from college....I could only pick up a few words here and there....but if I'm basing on what I saw.....wow

Edit: Ok found out a bit more/understand more...... yeah "wow" is the right word for that ending sequence. Not sure how many more episodes are left....3-4? But there's gonna have to be longer episodes or a second season becuase there's no way this gets resolved properly (as properly as gundam shows can be that is).
6 episodes left (this is #6 of 12). That's enough to resolve Suletta getting back/saving her girl, the SAL investigation ramifications and whatever shenanigans Shaddiq and/or Peil will attempt during the company presidential race.
Old 2023-05-20, 11:37   Link #1310
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
6 episodes left (this is #6 of 12). That's enough to resolve Suletta getting back/saving her girl, the SAL investigation ramifications and whatever shenanigans Shaddiq and/or Peil will attempt during the company presidential race.
Yeah, I'm assuming they'll at least finish up with Quiet Zero and Prospera's plot, though whether they properly resolve all the corporate intrigue, Earth/Space drama, and such...is another story.
Old 2023-05-20, 13:01   Link #1311
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Yeah, I'm assuming they'll at least finish up with Quiet Zero and Prospera's plot, though whether they properly resolve all the corporate intrigue, Earth/Space drama, and such...is another story.
Some Earth/Space drama is coming to the front starting with episode 19.

Spoiler for why it's coming:
Old 2023-05-20, 14:37   Link #1312
Key Board
Carbon

Gotta say things are more unpredictable now

19. Is presumably when something bad happens down at earth

But even if it does, how is Suletta going to do anything. Maybe she doesn’t need to and Miorine will resolve it herself. But than you wonder where Suletta ‘s character arc is going

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-20, 17:10   Link #1313
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
Some Earth/Space drama is coming to the front starting with episode 19.

Spoiler for why it's coming:
Spoiler:
Old 2023-05-20, 18:04   Link #1314
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
But even if it does, how is Suletta going to do anything. Maybe she doesn’t need to and Miorine will resolve it herself. But than you wonder where Suletta ‘s character arc is going
Maybe things blow up on Miorine's face and she runs away leaving Shaddiq to win the election. That way Suletta doesn't need to get involved so soon (which is very unlikely to happen anyway) but Mio gets her much needed reality check all the same.

But yeah, I'm not sure what's gonna happen either.
Old 2023-05-20, 23:22   Link #1315
TheDoctor324

One of y'all might know more than me on this, there's another lfrith suit. It looks like Aerial but the face is missing. Could this be Eri fully activated and weaponizing quiet zero? I feel like we're about to get another IBO ending, where someone gets their end goal but dies before it's realized. Prospera is gonna get her vengeance but have to die most likely by Suletta's hand because quiet zero would end it all. But that's just a feeling....
Old 2023-05-21, 01:54   Link #1316
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
One of y'all might know more than me on this, there's another lfrith suit. It looks like Aerial but the face is missing. Could this be Eri fully activated and weaponizing quiet zero?
Are you talking about Lfrith Jiu?

If yes than that Gundam is from a manga event (Vanadis Heart) that happened years before the show event but after Prologue.
Old 2023-05-21, 03:56   Link #1317
kuroyanagi

Spoiler for Ep 18:

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Depending on how much DoF told him, Shaddiq can also make Guel's patricide public or forge evidence that ties him to the DoF.

Investors will hate that kind of disastrous PR.
They will not back Miorine. Rending her and Prospera's plan useless.

//
TBH for the moment I don't think it's a given Shaddiq knows the details of Vim's death. Seeing how bringing Guel to Earth in ep. 15 was Olcott's own decision and not custody order, it would seem he's not that involved/informed of all of the juicy details of DoF's activities. Unless he had his own observers on the scene (unlikely), I wouldn't assume he knows. He deems himself the mastermind schemer, but he's in the dark about many things, including Quiet Zero.

Last edited by kuroyanagi; 2023-05-21 at 04:07. Reason: Avoiding double-posting
kuroyanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-21, 04:29   Link #1318
Router25
World Connector. I think

Eri absorption theory is now confirmed!
Suletta is a Puru! Specifically a Ple 12!
Secelia is once again out of the sofa!
So does this mean having blue psychoframe means it's sentient?
Old 2023-05-21, 06:13   Link #1319
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

Ouch, now she got pushed away by her "sister" this time and it's definitely more painful. But this is what Aerial wanted all along since Cradle Planet.
I wonder what event that will warrant Sulleta to be needed again in Aerial's pilot seat now that a pilot is no longer needed.
Old 2023-05-21, 06:14   Link #1320
ryllharu

I idly wonder if Seceilia is going to be the one to crack open the conspiracy Shaddiq built and upend the election for him instead of the Space Assembly League.

She's nasty and verbally cruel, but we have learned over the course of this season that she does take her responsibilities very seriously. She ran the dueling committee when nobody else was willing to after the Open Campus catastrophe (that Shaddiq engineered), and her act dropped pretty quickly when someone died during a duel.

Martin will lead her to Nika, and she may be able to link the myster of why Nika never made it to the appropriate authorities to Nika's very real detention by Shaddiq's Harem. If Secelia finds her, that also means she finds Norea and El5n. That would be enough to ruin Shaddiq's ambitions.

Seceilia is a prominent character who hasn't had a real purpose in the narrative up until now either. Maybe this will be her time to shine...or die abruptly for shock value.

Poor Suletta. Eri means the best for her, but she's not taking it well.

As for Miorine, the entire episode felt like she was trying to play adult with her image change...and getting helplessly strung along by Elnora the entire time. She almost won with her refusal to take weapons on Aerial. Elnora was visibly annoyed that Miorine didn't want to be backed up by a significant show of force. They met in the middle with an honor guard of sorts.

Given that we know Permet Score 8 Aerial can operate herself, and that Eri can also activate the Permet domination sphere that can control other mobile suits, I can guess very confidently why Elnora wanted as many mobile suits accompanying Miorine's visit to Earth.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote