AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-05-21, 09:25   Link #21
akumaten

Luffy, get your ass back in gear.....LITERALLY!
Old 2015-05-21, 09:48   Link #22
Belise
Rokushiki User
*Artist

So is fujitora gonna do something or is he just taking another stroll?
Old 2015-05-21, 10:32   Link #23
necrolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
I'm surprised that Zoro can't cut the birdcage himself and needs help. I figured he would use a new move we haven't seen to at least make a hole in it or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
Same, is this real life ?Are we agreeing on something
Well I guess most of us thought the same way. How is he not strong enought to cut atleast one of this strings !? Sure, if it was only one and DD's controling it personally I would understand but when there are so many of them and DD is busy with other fights it looks so unreal.
Old 2015-05-21, 11:06   Link #24
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

whoa... so intense...

so someone else would appear and save the day in next chapter???
I bet it would be Law! Since I don't expect someone random like Dragon or Jinbei would suddenly pop out and save them

Ah! forgot about Fujitora... He might make a move soon
Old 2015-05-21, 11:55   Link #25
james0246

Surprisingly trim and well paced chapter. Not much actually happens per se, but everything moves at a decent pace and there is lots of fun throughout. This was probably the first time I was okay with Sabo not being dead, and the placement of the various characters was quite nice. All that is left is Fujitora's reintroduction, which hopefully will occur next chapter and help finish off the countdown so that Luffy can reemerge in the chapter after.
Old 2015-05-21, 11:58   Link #26
Belise
Rokushiki User
*Artist

^Honestly I was re-examining the panel with Fujitora and I had a thought. If that white twinkly stuff is snow then it would prove Monet is still alive . Might see her or Vergo before the arc ends.
Old 2015-05-21, 11:59   Link #27
Blackbeard D. Kuma

At this point, I suspect that Doflamingo knows his end is coming. He's completely outnumbered and can't last much longer. That being said, he seems resolute on taking out everyone with him since he can't win in this situation. That would explain why he's sped up the closing of the birdcage.

As for why Zoro can't cut it down, perhaps Doflamingo is now expending his full energy and concentration into the birdcage, making it even more resistant than it was before.
Old 2015-05-21, 12:02   Link #28
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

It just hit me that we haven't seen Sanji, Chopper, Brook and Nami in almost a year an a half.
Old 2015-05-21, 12:16   Link #29
marvelB

Y'know, while it looks like Sabo has the upper hand against Burgess right now, I'd find it highly amusing if the wrestler suddenly made a turnabout and begins to destroy him next chapter. I mean, yeah he took a couple flashy attacks and all, but I'm very sure that his status as one of the "Ten Giant Captains" of the latest emperor's crew isn't just for show. I mean, we can even clearly see him using haki against Sabo in that last spread, there....

As far as Zoro goes, I think the fact that he can't cut the Birdcage just goes to show that he's yet to be the master-level swordsman that so many people make him out to be. Guess that also means he's still got a ways to go before he can slash through diamonds or sea stone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Somehow I can't really see how 6 minutes are supposed to have passed.
Even though a lot of things were shown in this chapter, they basically should have happened at the same time lasting mere seconds at most.

If anything, I figure everyone would be glad that 3/5 of the time limit is up! Like I said in the last thread, imagine the tidal wave of complaints there would be if Oda pulled a Togashi and focused on each individual nanosecond of action!
Old 2015-05-21, 13:06   Link #30
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Y'know, while it looks like Sabo has the upper hand against Burgess right now, I'd find it highly amusing if the wrestler suddenly made a turnabout and begins to destroy him next chapter. I mean, yeah he took a couple flashy attacks and all, but I'm very sure that his status as one of the "Ten Giant Captains" of the latest emperor's crew isn't just for show. I mean, we can even clearly see him using haki against Sabo in that last spread, there....
Haki imbued wrestling moves? Oh yeah! Give Sabo a nice clothesline from hell, or a Randy Savage elbow drop.
Old 2015-05-21, 14:07   Link #31
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Burgess wasnt ready for Ace 2 years ago as Blackbeard stated. Im sure he is more than ready to battle with someone on Ace standarts. Hell if it wasnt for Sabo's grand and brand new return, Burgess would've gone full Bane over Sabo by now. He is shrugging down Sabo's most powerful strikes like they are nothing. And Im glad that Sabo is at least giving him his well deserved screen time by following Burgess and keeping an eye on him, for he is clearly one of the most dangerous beings around here along with Fujitora and Doflamingo.

I assume he is on a whole new level of brute strength compared to Zoro. Imbue that raw power with haki and you have some dangerous stuff there.
Old 2015-05-21, 14:16   Link #32
imza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
Burgess wasnt ready for Ace 2 years ago as Blackbeard stated. Im sure he is more than ready to battle with someone on Ace standarts. Hell if it wasnt for Sabo's grand and brand new return, Burgess would've gone full Bane over Sabo by now. He is shrugging down Sabo's most powerful strikes like they are nothing. And Im glad that Sabo is at least giving him his well deserved screen time by following Burgess and keeping an eye on him, for he is clearly one of the most dangerous beings around here along with Fujitora and Doflamingo.

I assume he is on a whole new level of brute strength compared to Zoro. Imbue that raw power with haki and you have some dangerous stuff there.
I'm not sure there is any evidence that Burgess stands a chance against Sabo or can be placed in the same league as Sabo, Fuji and Doffy. He got clowned by Sabo pre mera mera fruit and Sabo was fighting 2 on 1. Now, Burgess seems even more out of luck with Sabo having an upgrade.

In fact, Burgess has yet to show us anything that indicates that he is top tier outside of some feats of physical strength and considering that he is not BB's right hand man as far as we know, it is unlikely that a lower captain of BB's crew can take on the revolutionary army's second in command. Burgess's best bet is pulling something very underhanded or sneaky and getting away.
Old 2015-05-21, 14:30   Link #33
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by imza View Post
I'm not sure there is any evidence that Burgess stands a chance against Sabo or can be placed in the same league as Sabo, Fuji and Doffy. He got clowned by Sabo pre mera mera fruit and Sabo was fighting 2 on 1. Now, Burgess seems even more out of luck with Sabo having an upgrade.

In fact, Burgess has yet to show us anything that indicates that he is top tier outside of some feats of physical strength and considering that he is not BB's right hand man as far as we know, it is unlikely that a lower captain of BB's crew can take on the revolutionary army's second in command. Burgess's best bet is pulling something very underhanded or sneaky and getting away.
aokiji is BB's right hand man
Old 2015-05-21, 14:34   Link #34
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

^while not a bad idea, I don't think so. I'd rather wager him with either of the other Emperors, though in a more shadowy capacity. (Kaido is out though) So either Big Mama or Shanks lolz.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Old 2015-05-21, 14:50   Link #35
Belise
Rokushiki User
*Artist

Aokiji got introduced to the underground through Kizaru, whom always had ties to the black market.

I mean, where do you think he gets all his wee..er..herbal supplements from? Not from hq that's for sure. Special order. Now Kuzan's in on it. So if Fujitora seems dazed..I think I know why.
Old 2015-05-21, 14:58   Link #36
imza

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
aokiji is BB's right hand man
That actually would make the most sense but I'm pretty convinced Aokiji is fake leaving the Marines or is an agent to the revolutionary army. With Aokiji aside though, I think the right hand man has to be Shiryu.
Old 2015-05-21, 15:03   Link #37
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
The champion guy was at Jaya so most likely, the champion guy is the right hand man. (with Blackbeard)

Why else would BB pick Burgess to join the tourney.
Old 2015-05-21, 15:37   Link #38
Rainbowman

This situation has turned into a pinch.
Old 2015-05-21, 15:57   Link #39
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
Burgess wasnt ready for Ace 2 years ago as Blackbeard stated. Im sure he is more than ready to battle with someone on Ace standarts.
Sabo isn't a static character, meaning that he's still growing in strength. Sabo and Ace have always been comparable in strength, so comparing Sabo now to Ace 2 years ago doesn't support your argument. Burgess still has a gap to close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
The champion guy was at Jaya so most likely, the champion guy is the right hand man. (with Blackbeard)

Why else would BB pick Burgess to join the tourney.
That doesn't mean he's BB's right-hand man. Big Mom sent Pekoms and Tamago to Fishman Island to collect sweets, but they certainly didn't give off the impression either are her first mate. First mates of an emperor are a major deal in the New World; those two didn't give off the same level of hype, reputation, and intimidation, you'd expect from a first mate.
Old 2015-05-21, 16:46   Link #40
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
As far as Zoro goes, I think the fact that he can't cut the Birdcage just goes to show that he's yet to be the master-level swordsman that so many people make him out to be. Guess that also means he's still got a ways to go before he can slash through diamonds or sea stone.
Zoro is certainly strong, but not as strong as I thought and certainly not as strong as some people insinuated in past discussions about him being stronger than Luffy, Law, Mingo, etc... For him not to be able to slice just one of Mingo's techniques (however powerful it is) is really quite something. That basically means that Mingo should have just wrapped up all the strongest fighters in small Birdcages and then taken back control of the island once he killed them. could Fujitora or Luffy escape it? Why hasn't Fujitora stopped it already if he is capable of doing so? imho I think the Birdcage is too powerful and doesn't quite make sense. Should haki infused strings really be that powerful? more than a haki infused sword being swung at it? Mingo isn't even using all of his power to keep it up. He's a complete monster and didn't even have much use for his crew aside from them doing things he didn't want to be bothered with.
Closed Thread