AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-10, 19:34   Link #261
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeDeR View Post
Should i watch Railgun or at least give it a shot if i absolutely hated To aru majutsu no index?
Index is more normal story aches little filler/fan service, I have to say tho as much as I like it the more I like it the further it move away from index centric stories 0-o

Railgun is like Kiddy girl And...oh wait no its not...as railgun is a fun fillerish fan serviceish anime with story and characters where as Kiddy girl is about uniforms and bewbs.....it would not be so bad if it was like Judden chan but my lord.....it sucks worse than the normal ecchi shows......oh gawd bring back kiddy grade for christ sake....

/rant end.................... RANT END!!!!!!

Old 2010-01-10, 19:55   Link #262
babohtea

I for one like Railgun over Index in terms of enjoyability. I still find Index fascinating though.
Old 2010-01-10, 20:01   Link #263
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post
I for one like Railgun over Index in terms of enjoyability. I still find Index fascinating though.
Index has more enjoyable drama Railgun has more enjoyable lulz. Both are pretty good IMO.
Old 2010-01-12, 00:52   Link #264
chrisbad726

Okay quick question what did Aleister mean that if deep blood proves the existence of vampires what existence will imagine breaker prove.
Old 2010-01-12, 02:10   Link #265
BlueDo

Probably just Magic and ESP.
Or God.

I think it also gave the clue that Magic is related to ESP.
Old 2010-01-13, 13:45   Link #266
tsunade666

Their is no clear answer. But the one that imagine breaker kills is the fantasy of people.
That's why its called fantasy killer and his catch phrase that I will destroy your illusions comes from it.

Maybe its the super natural beings.

Magic comes from by asking aid on super natural beings and Esper ability emerge by being a not normal human or just being super natural being or abnormal.

Well if you call a brat that showers down lightning just to show her side of being tsun tsun a normal then what's normal.

Imagine breaker is like a boundary of what's reality and what's not or rather his a maintaining balance of two.

Just like what he always do. Getting involve in both sides of which shouldn't mix.
Old 2010-01-27, 23:14   Link #267
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I'm confused. What does Awakening mean? You gain nifty wings and improve your power to insane levels? Is it that only awakened espers can manipulate AIM fields, or is it just because Accel could because of his Vector Control?
Old 2010-01-28, 08:39   Link #268
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
I'm confused. What does Awakening mean? You gain nifty wings and improve your power to insane levels? Is it that only awakened espers can manipulate AIM fields, or is it just because Accel could because of his Vector Control?
As far as we know, only two Espers have 'awaken'. And the one thing they both have in common is that they are 'angelic in nature and capable of updating natural law' Accelerator's Black Wing is the awakened form of his power when he directly donwload the function of AIM Field into himself.

Spoiler for copypasta:

Well as for controlling other espers AIM fields...No, or at least, I don't have absolute proof that Accelerator can directly hack into another AIM field and control it directly.

But then again, if all powers are a result of AIM field under the influence of an esper, and Accelerator can redirect those powers even if they're under another's influence... By going down this train of thoughts, it's not hard to conclude that he can control their AIM fields and thus their powers.
Old 2010-01-28, 10:24   Link #269
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I still don't get it. Is he in any way manipulating AIM fields, as in, making them bend, flex roll, dance...?

Of course this weird imagery comes from the gravity well graphs our physics teachers all love...

The function of AIM Field? Function as in the English sense of the word or some mathematical formula...?

Is the extent of his "updating" covered? As in, how far from vector control can he rewrite? Because if it's all vectors, the only AIM fields that use vectors can be affected.
Old 2010-01-28, 20:33   Link #270
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I still don't get it. Is he in any way manipulating AIM fields, as in, making them bend, flex roll, dance...?

Of course this weird imagery comes from the gravity well graphs our physics teachers all love...
Well he can manipulate the AIM field by including the entirety of it's calculations and whatever factors into his own vector calculation and took over the control.

Quote:
The function of AIM Field? Function as in the English sense of the word or some mathematical formula...?
Maybe 'data' would have been a better word? what I gather is that he manage to plug himself into the AIM field, make use of it to improve his processing power. shmaster describe it as "downloading new software (data from the AIM Field) into the hard ware (Accelerator, the vector controlling device) to to optimize the hardware's functional capacity."

Quote:
Is the extent of his "updating" covered? As in, how far from vector control can he rewrite? Because if it's all vectors, the only AIM fields that use vectors can be affected.
Very simply put, he can update his reflection filter to include alien laws, particles and factors that doesn't occur naturally. If he can figure out how you powers work (factors and calculations), he can update his powers and take over their control, I'm thinking this could work against teleporters and mindcontrollers as well, but so far, no confirm.
Old 2010-01-29, 11:38   Link #271
tsunade666

that's a long explanation still to keep it short. IT makes him stronger and do almost impossible stunts.

Though the updating part is unconfirmed if he need to be hit by an alien matter or not for him to understand the laws governing it and then update his own database to control it.
Old 2010-02-07, 06:02   Link #272
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I know the novels have reached 19, but translations seem stuck at.. 15? And with 20 coming in a few months, I'd like to know, which is the furtherest date that the novels have reached?

It affects my Feb 14 short fic coming up.

If it's not too much trouble, I hope we can elucidate the dates covered in each Index and Railgun novel, manga, soundstage... if it's not too much trouble. Thank you!
Old 2010-02-12, 10:56   Link #273
tsunade666

the BT are doing slow but good job. I think they have only 1 or 2 translator for to aru. Given that they call this novel the nightmare of translators.
Old 2010-02-13, 11:09   Link #274
Marina2

Some questions about Kuroko's teleportion.

0. Is it important that she has to touch the thing she wants to teleport? (if yes skip to Question 2)

1. If Mikoto fires railgun at Kuroko directly , will she able to teleport it away? (Let's assume that she can react fast enough to try)

2. If she doesn't touch Touma right hand (touch other part of his body) will she able to teleport him?

3. Can Kuroko travel in the air by keeping teleport continuously?

.................................................. .................................................. .

Back to how to Kill Accelerator question.

1. If we success to trap him in one room (maybe by luring him to chase you to there) , then drain out all the air from that room, will he able to survive from this situation? (the wall and the door are stong)
Old 2010-02-13, 11:39   Link #275
Yufankun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post

0. Is it important that she has to touch the thing she wants to teleport? (if yes skip to Question 2)
She must touch it with her hand.

Quote:
1. If Mikoto fires railgun at Kuroko directly , will she able to teleport it away? (Let's assume that she can react fast enough to try)
Impossible, even for Awaki who does not need to touch to teleport. Only way to avoid it would be to teleport herself away, before it's fired.

Quote:
2. If she doesn't touch Touma right hand (touch other part of his body) will she able to teleport him?
No.

Quote:
Unclear, but possibly?

Quote:

1. If we success to trap him in one room (maybe by luring him to chase you to there) , then drain out all the air from that room, will he able to survive from this situation? (the wall and the door are stong)
Assuming you mean the doors and wall in this hypothetical situation can't be broken I don't see how he could get out of this.
Old 2010-02-13, 16:35   Link #276
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

Yes, and this is the reason why- Teleporters use the position of their bodies as a point origin. Anything they touch would then also be considered at point '0'. From there it's just a matter of calculating the distance from the target location.

Quote:
But then how would she teleport that hand ?

Quote:
Hmmm.... There's a reason why she's only teleporting every other jump.

Calculations for Teleportation takes time, plus there's the added risk of teleporting into something. Kuroko herself only have a max range of 80m to teleport.

Quote:

I have a counter question, what's stopping Accelerator from redirecting the air back to him? You can't possibly drain ALL that air in an instant.

Though it doesn't matter how strong those walls are, Accelerator can just move them apart.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2010-02-13 at 16:56.
Old 2010-02-13, 17:17   Link #277
Miraluka
Banned

The novel thread has been updated with the vol.5 translations.
Old 2010-02-14, 22:46   Link #278
BlueDo

I'll answer the questions too

1. I guess so. but the thing is that she can't do it fast enough. Or maybe it's traveling too fast for her to calculate.

2. Kuroko can only teleport whole objects, so IB will probably cancel the whole process.

3. Depends on how fast she calculates.

Accelerator: It doesn't matter how strong the walls are. He can break them by reversing their normal forces.
Old 2010-02-15, 08:54   Link #279
Avegaille

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
the BT are doing slow but good job. I think they have only 1 or 2 translator for to aru. Given that they call this novel the nightmare of translators.
It's a nightmare because...? Is it the huge amount of kanji or the way the characters speak or something... .___.
Old 2010-02-18, 10:09   Link #280
tsunade666

nightmare with the terms. Its a lot hassle on defining each term. I don't know much but from serenade says its a nightmare for translators.
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a