AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2013-03-08, 10:35   Link #10801
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

I laughed so hard when Sting gave up
lolololololololololol

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 11:16   Link #10802
kitten320

I won't even bother to mention what I didn't like because it will just strike another storm of arguments... all I'll say is that once again all my predictions were met and made 100 times worse than they should be...

I'll try to name positives:
- Good to see Minerva getting what she deserved
- Pretty nice final Badass moment
- Boring/predictable fights are finally over and we can move on with the story!

though how the hell did Lector end up with Milliana?
Old 2013-03-08, 11:25   Link #10803
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I won't even bother to mention what I didn't like because it will just strike another storm of arguments... all I'll say is that once again all my predictions were met and made 100 times worse than they should be...

I'll try to name positives:
- Good to see Minerva getting what she deserved
- Pretty nice final Badass moment
- Boring/predictable fights are finally over and we can move on with the story!

though how the hell did Lector end up with Milliana?
both milliana and lector where trapped in the minerva "dimension" then when she bring milliana back maybe "accidentally or luckily" lector ended coming with her
Spoiler:
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 11:32   Link #10804
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I'm rage when I see Chelia defeated in comical way...

Lector sudden-spawn also disappointing... so dramatic.. but lame for me

the only great thing is that intimidating and awesome look of FT members until Sting surrendered... omg... Mashima did a great job in picturing their glare..
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 11:39   Link #10805
sasuke2007
Missing-Nin

FairyTail is not a serious and has no dark elements to it. Why is such a "Pansy" manga! Out of nowhere, an armour that stops magic and a weapon thats invincible...Total BS. why? because "I have to protect my friends"! Im really sorry, but FT is a bitch manga

It's Showtime
sasuke2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 11:41   Link #10806
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
both milliana and lector where trapped in the minerva "dimension" then when she bring milliana back maybe "accidentally or luckily" lector ended coming with her
Spoiler:
I remember that page but never understood what happened.
Thanks for explanation, it most likely is the case.
Old 2013-03-08, 12:04   Link #10807
GHL

Did anyone read this, wtf was this chapter, does author even read his own manga?

Sting gave up, god fucking dammit, he could have at least beaten up some wounded people who were limping toward him but he gave up, in what world does that make sense, he sat waiting making a big speech then gave up and started crying like bitch
GHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 12:08   Link #10808
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by classic View Post
So as far as it was unpredicted it is awesome? Even if it is a total crap like here?
Absolutely. We occasionally get people whinging that FT follows shonen cliches. In this case, shonen would have dictated a close fight between Sting and FT. The point totals were hinting that. But we got, and why I like FT, is that Mashima thumbs his nose at the cliches quite often. No one predicted Sting giving up without a fight. Hell, we didn't even know if FT would win!

That is why it is awesome. Well, that and FT was badass, much like Gurren Lagann as someone else mentioned. Screw the odds, heh.

FT isn't for everyone, though. There is One Piece and Naruto if you want more traditional shonen.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 12:33   Link #10809
sasuke2007
Missing-Nin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Hell, we didn't even know if FT would win!
Of course Fairy Tail were going to win from the start, it was just how they were going to do it and in what fashion. And that "fashion" was the most ridiculous. Gurren Lagen isn't a "long-term" series, therefore it could exaggerate and screw all the odds it wanted. FT is and shouldn't follow this concept EVERY arc

It's Showtime
sasuke2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 12:42   Link #10810
Casshern

Sting would've had the shit kicked out of him by those 5, injured as they were.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 12:44   Link #10811
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Juvia looks waay better... without that weird hat.
Old 2013-03-08, 12:53   Link #10812
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

The whole Erza fight went better then I expected; at least she got some story to accompany to grotesque power up. Everything else in the chapter was good quality fairy tail antics so hopefully this means we'll be back to more standard fairy tail next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by II Maestro View Post
Seeing Minerva crying is something to see.
Not sure why she was crying. Well, hopefully now her character has a shot at some more decent character development. Her being the lynch pin of hate was kind of meh, especially now that we know in recent chapters she has the power to control "territory." That's like literally the power to make any random story bits interesting, because she can just stage everyone in fun matchups. You'd think the author had learned his lesson with Jelly, who was too in a position to just make random story events happen on a whim. Well I guess he's still fulfilling that role now kind of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
Juvia looks waay better... without that weird hat.
Agree.
Old 2013-03-08, 13:01   Link #10813
saravis

Well that was a fun chapter, Minerva didn't get as much of a beating as I felt she deserved. I was hoping Erza would reconstruct her face with her fist, but oh well.

The really funny part about all this is that Gildartz wasn't even involved. If he was there, this wouldn't have even been a contest. After seeing Jura defeated by Laxus, it does make me wonder where Gildartz ranks compared to the Wizard Saints.
Old 2013-03-08, 13:09   Link #10814
classic

Quote:
Absolutely. We occasionally get people whinging that FT follows shonen cliches. In this case, shonen would have dictated a close fight between Sting and FT. The point totals were hinting that. But we got, and why I like FT, is that Mashima thumbs his nose at the cliches quite often. No one predicted Sting giving up without a fight. Hell, we didn't even know if FT would win!
Unfortunately, the overal result of these is still a win for FT which is undoubtedly a cliche.
I will say it again. Since last chapter, when we literally got rid of Jura there was a prediction that Sting will win all FT members. That was a good one, yeah. But Of course, nobody can predict each and every small plot development, but the overall result here was predicted and, sadly for me, i don`t like it.

And i have a feeling that manga is rushed cause they shut the anime. i dont know if Mashima was asked to make the ark to end faster, but i really hate it when manga suffers cause of exsternal issues.
classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 13:25   Link #10815
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
That would be your opinion. One unsupported by the series, I might add.
Unsupported my ass. Everyone reads the series in their own way. Things in the series you like I might not like, things I like in the series you might not like. It's childish to claim ownership of everything "good" in the series, as if your own likes/dislikes quantify in some supreme quantity.

Quote:
You do realize that Erza has over a hundred different armors and over 200 weapons? If pre-established information breaks your immersion, then I don't see how you can read any story, ever.
The problem is simply that she broke the story telling to wear that armor, nothing more. Nobody is denying Erza has a lot of fff-ing armors, swords and tampons. It's like if suddenly for the sake of the some other plot twist she completely loses all her armors forever for no reason all, no event no nothing just "oh, can't use magic anymore, oups".

Quote:
Because they all establish information that comes back later. And you must really hate Erza, since the first time she showcased any armor, it must have broken your immersion. Such as the first time she used her Heaven's Wheel armor, or the first time she used her Adamantine armor, or the first time she used her Lightning Empress armor...
Why? It followed the story, so I don't care.

Quote:
But I guess, per your own words, you'll stop following this series, then. Because odds are, we are gonna see yet more new armors from her in the future, and according to you, it gets worse everytime that happens. So, this manga will get worse and worse.

I feel your pain, man...
Way to be butthurt over nothing. This is a discussion, I don't need no counseling in how to become "the better FT fan."
Old 2013-03-08, 13:35   Link #10816
MechR

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
The problem is simply that she broke the story telling to wear that armor, nothing more.
What's the difference between this and her previous ultimate armors, other than this one actually working as advertised instead of being destroyed right after introduction, leaving her to win anyway without magic?
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 13:40   Link #10817
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Well, look on the bright side Minerva minions, she has no middle point. She either speaks and dresses very archaically, or cries like the spoiled brat that she really is. I mean, striped panties? Really? Mio from K-on called, she said that she doesn't even do that skit anymore.
Old 2013-03-08, 13:45   Link #10818
Miraluka
Banned

Most of ST are just spoiled bastards who thought being at the top among Fiore's guilds automatically make them the strongest.

I liked how Erza was on this chapter, I really will hate the moment Jellal appears or is mentioned again makng Erza go emo/sad/lame... Why he just doesn't die for once?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 14:06   Link #10819
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechR View Post
What's the difference between this and her previous ultimate armors, other than this one actually working as advertised instead of being destroyed right after introduction, leaving her to win anyway without magic?
You'd have to be more specific, but in general I think up till now from the moment she was down and needed to use the armor and the moment she used the armor there was a lot more buildup; here it was like we skipped a few whole chapters.

Also, she's not just an armor wearing bitch, her armors usually have some significance or symbolism, like how her skimpy armor symbolizes her being prepared to die, or her whatever that heavy one was symbolizes her "unwavering spirit" as it were. But this time, well I personally can't really find any good quality to associate with her putting on this literally "all powerful armor" that implies more or less "she has a crap ton of magic" (and little to nothing else) which begs the question "what the hell she was doing with all of it (origin activation nonsense considered) when two other characters were essentially getting KILLED." If FT was darker and more synical the logical conclusion would be quite simply that the entire episode with the armor symbolizes Erza's desire to "look cool" at the expense of other's suffering. But since this is not that kind of series (and we all know Erza's nowhere near that kind of character), it just doesn't make sense. She litterally did it only because she was plot-forced to win and that's the only way Erza knows how to win. Her leaving the two behind (for crying out loud they were barely alive) to fight the last fight is also following in the same derp hole. Is the "glory of the guild" worth leaving even one of the two to suck it up in the dirt and try not to die? Heck no, the normal story answer there would be "we'll just kick everyone's ass harder next year". And following the FT guild happy-derpy logic we know and love she should have stayed to make sure Minerva didn't die either.
Old 2013-03-08, 15:00   Link #10820
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
@felix: Calm down, dude, I was just a bit curious. And still a bit perplexed, so maybe you csn clarify: Erza pulling out previously unseen armor to do something amazing... good or bad?

Edit: As Levi explained, the armor requires a LOT of magic; no one could wear it til now. It literally required all Erza had, including second origin. She had nothing afterward. It was much like Lucy and her Metro spell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic View Post
Unfortunately, the overal result of these is still a win for FT which is undoubtedly a cliche.
I will say it again. Since last chapter, when we literally got rid of Jura there was a prediction that Sting will win all FT members. That was a good one, yeah. But Of course, nobody can predict each and every small plot development, but the overall result here was predicted and, sadly for me, i don`t like it.
Oh, you don't have to like it, heh. "Good guys beating bad guys in the end" can be considered cliche, but I think you can at least agree that, since Ft isn't a dark tragedy, FT winning in the end was alwaysa strong possibility. Even then, there was a small part of me that wondered if Sting would win. The psychological warfare that Mashima employed caught us all by surprise, heh. And even if we realize that FT wins in the end, much of the journey to that point remains unknown.
Quote:
And i have a feeling that manga is rushed cause they shut the anime. i dont know if Mashima was asked to make the ark to end faster, but i really hate it when manga suffers cause of exsternal issues.
Maybe, but there is no way to know. Is One Piece or Naruto being rushed in the manga? I have heard that Mashima, like most manga writers, has a general idea in his head, keeping several options open. He only picks the short term path when he gets there. He could have stretched things out, but Igot enough of that from Bleach. Given the choice, and how long this has taken so far, I am fine with the quicker speed. Definitely ddon't want DBZ powering up speed, heh.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen