AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-03-18, 15:28   Link #3441
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Plus, a series about a tsundere loses it's appeal after she loses most of her tsun. I think they did right by going with Yami. She has the biggest story to tell, anyway. Let's all pray for a distant sequel or maybe a special in Grand Jump.

Thanks for the info, Kanon. The interviews are the best thing a fan could hope for. I just finished reading Fate/Zero's from the BD box set and a lot of light is shed on the production process and really makes me appreciate it more. Not to mention reading stuff like Uro tries to write a happy ending and just can't.
Old 2012-03-18, 18:03   Link #3442
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yabuki straightened her hair out because her old hair style didn't fit her new stature according to him. He can't really explain why.
He doesn't need to. Momo's new look gives her a more mature vibe necessary for a main character but still retains her youthful qualities.

Quote:
Nana: She is a character they both like a lot. They haven't decided what to with her exactly yet, but they're aware readers want to see her personality as well as her feelings for Rito evolve.
But not her chest?

Quote:
Haruna: Yabuki: "I'm going to pass on that one (laugh)" <-
Maybe he's written a side chapter of her switching places with a horse

Quote:
Yui: According to Yabuki, she's a perfect candidate for the harem plan. It's the best way to make her love come true.
More like the only way. And a spin-off of just her would grow old real fast.

Quote:
Saki: she was included in the harem picture because she's hot but she actually has no place in the harem. She is still in love with Zastin. Yabuki mentions he's more interested in writing about Rin.
So glad they cleared that up. Please keep it this way.

And yes to more Rin. Preferably in leather

Quote:
Mikado: she plays more or less the same role as in the original series. Her vast knowledge makes her an indispensable character. They needed her to baby-sit Celine too
And now we know she was detrimental in bringing Tearju to the mix. Can't wait to see what they say about her
Old 2012-03-18, 18:20   Link #3443
Ashaman

I'm surprisingly fine with Haruna being shafted for now. There are other stories to tell and girls to develop - as long as she's not forgotten.

After all, they have to deal with her eventually.
Old 2012-03-18, 21:22   Link #3444
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
That interview is so reassuring. So Yui appearing in almost every chapter isn't just a coincidence after all. They want to give her more limelight, and that's totally fine obviously.

Basically they are focusing on more or less all of my favourites. A shame Saki won't convert though.
Old 2012-03-18, 23:16   Link #3445
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
A shame Saki won't convert though.
I'm glad she's not in the harem because I don't really like her that much. I do fancy Rin though because she looks sexy in black leather, and she seems out of reach, making it a challenge for Rito to conquer her. I hope we can see more positive interactions between her and Rito because he hasn't made much of an good impression on her as of late.
Old 2012-03-19, 02:24   Link #3446
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

@Kanon

Real sunlight censor?!

Nooooooooooooooooo~~~!!!!

Kidding aside great TLRD collection you got.

Quote:
Momo: not much is said about her even though she's the main character. She's a character easy to write and who came make the plot progress. Yabuki straightened her hair out because her old hair style didn't fit her new stature according to him. He can't really explain why.
This is what I thought about Momo in the italic part. One reason she's now the main character

Also it's great to hear that Rito's harem are not all the girls, it's the only ones that who are close to him and potential. Also wow Yui upgraded to a major character. Awesome!
Old 2012-03-19, 09:02   Link #3447
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
That interview is so reassuring. So Yui appearing in almost every chapter isn't just a coincidence after all. They want to give her more limelight, and that's totally fine obviously.

Basically they are focusing on more or less all of my favourites. A shame Saki won't convert though.
Bah, I'm glad it's not that way. Then it would feel too pandering, for Rito to get every single girl. Not that one girl should make much of a difference in my mind, but it does

Quote:
I do fancy Rin though because she looks sexy in black leather, and she seems out of reach, making it a challenge for Rito to conquer her. I hope we can see more positive interactions between her and Rito because he hasn't made much of an good impression on her as of late.
Didn't she just see the way he treated Mikan during her last chapter? That might have given her a slightly better opinion of him. Well, she's still a bigger challenge than most of the girls since she has no feelings for him right now, so hopefully we see more of her interacting with Rito and maybe even the other girls soon. Yes, in black leather
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 10:14   Link #3448
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
But not her chest?
Who would fill the DFC quota then? Even Mikan isn't flat anymore

They've trying to cater to everybody's taste. Mea is the "braid girl" by the way. I hadn't noticed there hadn't been any character with braids in TLR until they pointed it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
So glad they cleared that up. Please keep it this way.

And yes to more Rin. Preferably in leather
They did consider making her fall in love with Rito before the manga started though. They may still change their mind. Look at what they said about Oshizu back then... and yet lately they've made her relevant by having her find out about Mea's background and even confront her. Nothing is set in stone.

I'm all for more Rin too, and I hope they'll find a believable way to include her in a harem without Saki (these two are inseparable after all).

Has anybody been able to find good scans of the pencil drawings from volume 4? I finally managed to get a real raw of the tankoubon (and not just a compilation of SQ scans), but they were mysteriously absent from it. Weird.
Old 2012-03-19, 20:35   Link #3449
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
You know, it's occurred to me from this interview that Yabuki will probably never make a Black Cat sequel as people seem to be hoping since forever. He sold his soul to the god of perverts.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 20:49   Link #3450
Simonsy

I thought the bimonthly magazine that had the .5 chapters became monthly

So how come there isn't a new .5 chapter out about now?
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 21:03   Link #3451
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonsy View Post
I thought the bimonthly magazine that had the .5 chapters became monthly

So how come there isn't a new .5 chapter out about now?
Incorrect, the seasonal magazine went bimonthly. The next .5 is next month.
Old 2012-03-19, 21:12   Link #3452
Simonsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
Incorrect, the seasonal magazine went bimonthly. The next .5 is next month.
so it went from once every 3 months to 2 months?
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 21:34   Link #3453
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonsy View Post
so it went from once every 3 months to 2 months?
That is correct
Old 2012-03-19, 21:49   Link #3454
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
You know, it's occurred to me from this interview that Yabuki will probably never make a Black Cat sequel as people seem to be hoping since forever. He sold his soul to the god of perverts.
He didn't sell his soul. He's making a living and doing a damn good job at it.
Old 2012-03-19, 22:21   Link #3455
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
He didn't sell his soul. He's making a living and doing a damn good job at it.
Quote:
Oh, and I almost forgot to mention it: when he is in need of inspiration for an ero scene, Yabuki prays to the God of Pervert. He only draws them when he feels he has been touched by his Grace, otherwise he postpones it until later. He is convinced it is thanks to Him he is able to come up with original scenes. I... what...
Sure... either way, my point is, I think he's found his niche and will stick to it
Old 2012-03-19, 22:22   Link #3456
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

TLRD is doing well, I think Yabuki should focus first only on one project at a time before going to another.

Reminded me of Jin Kobayashi who had one too many projects he made a bad ending on his masterpiece.

I do not want that to happen with Yabuki.
Old 2012-03-19, 23:13   Link #3457
MAX_COLA_POWER!

I'm surprised no one has asked Kanon to re-take the picture when the sun's not out-v-.
Old 2012-03-19, 23:29   Link #3458
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I think I prefer a picture of where the sun don't shine.
Old 2012-03-19, 23:47   Link #3459
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Yeah, no kidding.
Old 2012-03-20, 08:14   Link #3460
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Pretty much. He's clearly found his true calling and it's highly unlikely he'll ever be able to draw a regular action shounen like Black Cat again. If he made a sequel, he'd probably turn it into something completely different. Not sure Black Cat fans want to see that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
I'm surprised no one has asked Kanon to re-take the picture when the sun's not out-v-.
My camera phone is shit, as you might have noticed. Furthermore, as I pointed out earlier, you can already find scans of that pic on the interweb anyway.

Tags
ecchi, fake harem, harem, manga, nudity, romance, sci-fi, shounen