AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-10-22, 15:39   Link #2261
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
the cockpit block is partly hidden by the wall
and thats where it would have gone if it had launched
Only the back end of it is blocked by the wall, which hints that he merely opened up the cockpit to escape. The entire cockpit is removed from the Knightmare Frame with an ejection system. When the Lancelot Albion exploded, you see the cockpit block still attached to the Knightmare Frame.

I'm not trying to say the Lancelot Albion didn't have an ejection system, all I'm saying is that it wasn't activated at the end of the battle.
Old 2008-10-22, 15:40   Link #2262
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Of Zero View Post
ha ha ha ha ha
No I was answering your question earlier about the explosion go back and read your question if u don't understand.
the live geass wouldnt have made him able to get away on foot (which was my point)
and he was sitting in place and telling kallen that she nailed him rather then start jumping away from the lancelot
meanning that the live geass didnt force him to escape (so he knew that he wouldnt die by staying in the cockpit)
Old 2008-10-22, 15:42   Link #2263
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Only the back end of it is blocked by the wall, which hints that he merely opened up the cockpit to escape. The entire cockpit is removed from the Knightmare Frame with an ejection system. When the Lancelot Albion exploded, you see the cockpit block still attached to the Knightmare Frame.

I'm not trying to say the Lancelot Albion didn't have an ejection system, all I'm saying is that it wasn't activated at the end of the battle.
if it had launced then it would have gone to an area hidden by the wall
and we wouldnt have seen it happen (becouse of the flash of the explosion)
Old 2008-10-22, 15:43   Link #2264
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
what ?
there was no albion at 21
If I remember right there was no working Lancelot at all in episode 21. Kallen ripped it apart in episode 18. Episode 21 was about Marianne's death.
Old 2008-10-22, 15:45   Link #2265
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
if it had launced then it would have gone to an area hidden by the wall
and we wouldnt have seen it happen (becouse of the flash of the explosion)
Perhaps, but I'm more inclined to believe that wasn't so because of A) the back end of the cockpit being hidden by the wall, and B) even if we don't see it, the ejection system would've made it seem to others present (such as Gino) that Suzaku survived the battle, which would've made his gravestone rather out of place. By having it so that the ejection system was not activated reinforces the idea that Suzaku was killed in action.
Old 2008-10-22, 15:48   Link #2266
Knight Of Zero
Zero Requiem
*IT Support

Quote:
the live geass wouldnt have made him able to get away on foot (which was my point)
and he was sitting in place and telling kallen that she nailed him rather then start jumping away from the lancelot
meanning that the live geass didnt force him to escape (so he knew that he wouldnt die by staying in the cockpit)
Ther was no ejection on Lancelot and there was no ejection on it when it has wing
So what makes u think Albion has an ejection system?
Knight Of Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-22, 15:49   Link #2267
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Perhaps, but I'm more inclined to believe that wasn't so because of A) the back end of the cockpit being hidden by the wall, and B) even if we don't see it, the ejection system would've made it seem to others present (such as Gino) that Suzaku survived the battle, which would've made his gravestone rather out of place. By having it so that the ejection system was not activated reinforces the idea that Suzaku was killed in action.
the reason i find it hard to except is his response to kallen's question (whether or not she nailed him)
if he really was expecting his KMF to explode at any second and knew the ejection block was not the way to go i'd expect his geass command would have had him running for the hills the second she hit him
instead he sits in place and watches as his machine turns off and answering kallens question
it would make more sense for his geass to let him do that if he knew that staying in the cockpit would still mean that he wouldnt die

@Knight Of Zero
different machine altogether (unlike the SEITEN which was the old guren after an upgrade)
and since the frontier (C.C's lancelot) had one and so did the vincents (a lancelot MP model) then why would the new one not have one
Old 2008-10-22, 15:50   Link #2268
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Of Zero View Post
Ther was no ejection on Lancelot and there was no ejection on it when it has wing
So what makes u think Albion has an ejection system?
The Lancelot was a prototype and they never got around to adding the ejection system due to it. We don't know if the Lancelot Conquista had the ejection system, but I have every reason to believe it did, due to the time-skip; it'd have given Lloyd something to do.

Furthermore, the Lancelot Frontier, the pink one C.C. used, which was pretty much identical to the Lancelot Air Cavalry, had an ejection system.

Quote:
the reason i find it hard to except is his response to kallen's question (whether or not she nailed him)
if he really was expecting his KMF to explode at any second and knew the ejection block was not the way to go i'd expect his geass command would have had him running for the hills the second she hit him
instead he sits in place and watches as his machine turns off and answering kallens question
it would make more sense for his geass to let him do that if he knew that staying in the cockpit would still mean that he wouldnt die
For all we know, Suzaku could've escaped by opening up the cockpit to make a run for it while the camera was panning down to show the fatal blow dealt to the Lancelot Albion, so in all likelihood, the Live Geass Command probably did make him run for it. In the end, we don't know, and it doesn't matter anyway since we do know Suzaku survived and became Zero for the Zero Requiem.
Old 2008-10-22, 17:52   Link #2269
hero147

Quote:
The Lancelot was a prototype and they never got around to adding the ejection system due to it. We don't know if the Lancelot Conquista had the ejection system, but I have every reason to believe it did, due to the time-skip; it'd have given Lloyd something to do.

Furthermore, the Lancelot Frontier, the pink one C.C. used, which was pretty much identical to the Lancelot Air Cavalry, had an ejection system.
The Conquista didn't have an ejection system, even with the timeskip, he would've activated it when Kallen was going for the killer blow to survive instead of flying fleija.
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-22, 17:56   Link #2270
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero147 View Post
The Conquista didn't have an ejection system, even with the timeskip, he would've activated it when Kallen was going for the killer blow to survive instead of flying fleija.
Except he wanted to atone for his past sins and let it come, which caused the Live Geass to activate. Not the best example you can give on this.
Old 2008-10-22, 18:04   Link #2271
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Except he wanted to atone for his past sins and let it come, which caused the Live Geass to activate. Not the best example you can give on this.
Exactly, and not only that but he actually lowered the arm he was going to block with. However, if he did have one, one would assume that "point-blank nuke" would not be the preferable option to "eject to safety."
Old 2008-10-22, 18:07   Link #2272
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

not that any of that matters at all since
as i keep saying
Conquista and the albion ARE NOT THE SAME MACHINE AT ALL
Old 2008-10-22, 23:09   Link #2273
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Personally, I think it would spectacularly poor writing if the final epic, climatic battle between the two main mechs in Code Geass was all for show. It would be such a spectacular anti-climax for that particular aspect of the show it wouldn't even be funny. The basic feel I got from the fight was Kallen and Suzaku are equal after you take out the SEITEN hax and 'live on' hax. Kallen just happened to get the last hit in, and Suzaku mangaed to survive (presumably because his 'live on'+impossible physical ability let him escape).

I think people are having trouble with this for the same reason people are still declaring shipping victories. It's rare for an anime to get to the end w/o letting you know who the best was, just like it's rare for an anime to not give a definitive answer to shipping wars. Code Geass isn't typical; it left ALOT of stuff open. You just gotta roll with it.

youngde, signing off.
Old 2008-10-22, 23:31   Link #2274
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Lol, if everything was so clear-cut, little things would be left for us to chew over...
dec4rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-22, 23:34   Link #2275
lovecakecookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec4rhapsody View Post
Lol, if everything was so clear-cut, little things would be left for us to chew over...
yup it would die out quick.. and so if a sequel/spin off comes out no one will care..
Old 2008-10-22, 23:38   Link #2276
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecakecookies View Post
yup it would die out quick.. and so if a sequel/spin off comes out no one will care..
I'd like to see an OVA fulfilling Lelouch's Ashford dream....
Or a Kallen spin-off a la Final Fantasy X-II...
Or just several sequels with C.C. being the phoenix/hinotori of the CG-verse.
dec4rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 07:56   Link #2277
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec4rhapsody View Post
I'd like to see an OVA fulfilling Lelouch's Ashford dream....
Or a Kallen spin-off a la Final Fantasy X-II...
Or just several sequels with C.C. being the phoenix/hinotori of the CG-verse.
I haven't played FFX-2 but in FFX Tidus dies/disappears. No doubt about this.

Spoiler for spoiler FFX-2:

At the moment, I don't see them doing a sequel. Lelouch is apparently dead but c.c. is still alive. It is like letting a door open for a sequel, because c.c. is alive, and so, a new geass story could take place in the future. In 10, 20 or 600 years, with or without Lelouch (when I think about it, creating a new hero could be interesting).
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 09:03   Link #2278
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
I haven't played FFX-2 but in FFX Tidus dies/disappears. No doubt about this.

Spoiler for spoiler FFX-2:

At the moment, I don't see them doing a sequel. Lelouch is apparently dead but c.c. is still alive. It is like letting a door open for a sequel, because c.c. is alive, and so, a new geass story could take place in the future. In 10, 20 or 600 years, with or without Lelouch (when I think about it, creating a new hero could be interesting).
If their was a new story i'd rather it was nearer to the end of the timesacle that you suggested. If their was a major conflict so soon after his death it would be a case of "WTF?!?!?!!?!". His death didn't bring a lasting peace so his sacrifice was pointless in the end. NOOO!!!!!!!! This Lelouch fanboy might just shed a few tears. Or bomb the Sunrise building.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 09:07   Link #2279
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
If their was a new story i'd rather it was nearer to the end of the timesacle that you suggested. If their was a major conflict so soon after his death it would be a case of "WTF?!?!?!!?!". His death didn't bring a lasting peace so his sacrifice was pointless in the end. NOOO!!!!!!!! This Lelouch fanboy might just shed a few tears. Or bomb the Sunrise building.
Humanity has a very large capacity to make war. That is just the way it is. We are a competitive species, it is how we have survived and flourished. Frankly I do not care if his sacrifice was for naught in this case as he pretty much turned into Suzaku in the end. Which I guess is why Suzaku agreed to help him.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 09:10   Link #2280
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Nunnally could name her future child Lelouch. And he shall be the new hero. He'll plot against scheming nobles who want to usurp the throne. That being said, I'm already satisfied by R2.

But I don't mind being spoiled by Sunrise.
Droplet is offline   Reply With Quote