AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2012-03-11, 07:24   Link #1
judasmartel
*Author

Romance Animes where the Tsundere doesn't win...

Title says it all.

Because you know, I AM TIRED of seeing romance animes, especially harem types, where Tsunderes win the male lead all the goddamn time.

But I do believe Tsunderes are the most realistic anime girls because I have seen these a lot in real life, though these are the "nice to everyone, rude to the guy she likes" kind of girls.

It's about time I take a break from these and find some romance stories where the Tsundere doesn't have to win. My personal preference would be Princess Shrinking Violets (the shy, more lady-like ones), but it would be interesting if I find other moe types though.

One final note: I don't like Yanderes either, they freak me the hell out, well, unless I can keep them sane enough not to kill anyone who screws with them, and/or they're so devoted to me I won't even think of womanizing behind their backs.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 07:47   Link #2
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Mashiro-iro symphony will do the job. It just fits your description 100%: it's a romance anime settled at school, with some comedy and little drama. I would like to say more, but i'd spoil it to you. Just know that it fits your requirement, so don't ask further information and watch it already.
Classified Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 07:54   Link #3
Eragon
Still Alive

Clannad and Clannad AS - But then again its highly unlikely you haven't seen it.
Old 2012-03-11, 07:56   Link #4
judasmartel
*Author

Ah, yes, Clannad. I found it interesting, though I still have to watch it in full as I've only watched some of it through our local television, dubbed in our native tongue.

Also, I like Kuroneko from OreImo, though I forgot how she got that name.

Spoiler for :
Old 2012-03-11, 07:57   Link #5
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Seconding Mashiro-iro symphony, and Clannad both are great series for this . (I'll add more later if I think of any others.)
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 08:46   Link #6
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

You could also try Ichigo 100%, Princess Lover!, Nogizaka Haruka and that's all for the moment.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 08:53   Link #7
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Akane iro ni somaru saka for the bro-est ending evar lol

Also, if we can mention Clannad, might as well mention the whole other Key anime (though your mileage may vary about Air being a romance story or not).

oh right...True Tears, because there's no tsundere in it!

Then Amagami SS because it follows an omnibus: every character has an ending! And they're told in different stories! So you can just skip if you don't like particular character.

Well, actually, I think there are tons of anime with tsundere, but not as many with them ending up with the main protagonist. I'm not sure though. Maybe it would be faster to just list animes with the tsundere winning and avoid them?
Old 2012-03-11, 09:40   Link #8
mdauben

Ai Yori Aoshi - Its the quiet one's you have to watch out for!
Old 2012-03-11, 10:20   Link #9
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Well, actually, I think there are tons of anime with tsundere, but not as many with them ending up with the main protagonist. I'm not sure though. Maybe it would be faster to just list animes with the tsundere winning and avoid them?
Well, there ARE a lot, and in fact, the romance parts of the ongoing series make me cry trying to convince myself that the shy girl will win it despite my head saying the tsundere will win. My usual reactions range from happy if my preferred couple becomes official, or "WHAT?" if the romantic resolution was not handled properly.

Take Ichigo 100%, for example. I was like, "Damn, Aya, if you could have spat it out, you could have won!"

Thing is, I don't hate Tsunderes winning the romantic battles per se. What I hate is Tsunderes winning the romantic battles a lot, like, 80% of the time. Though there ARE romantic series which I still like despite the tsundere winning it.
Biri-biri might count, but probably because I find her superpowers cool despite these being so common in shows (Kakashi, Ginji, and Hei, anyone?).

Thus, the point of my topic is that, "Are there any romance animes where the Tsundere, the most common harem winner (followed by Yandere I think), actually does not win?"

Oh well, I can try current animes based on VNs which cover multiple routes if anything. I don't avoid Tsundere routes in general. I just want to play the shy girl route FIRST in every single VN I have ever played. This is probably why I feel good about trying to read the Amagami novels, but I don't know which one to pick first.
Old 2012-03-11, 13:01   Link #10
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

And once again, Mashiro-iro Symphony fits your requirements 100%: it has tsundere, it has the shy girl, but the story evolves only towards one of the two. I said that the anime fits your requirements.

It doesn't have multiple routes, but only one, even tho it's based on a VN. And i said that it fits your requirements and contains what you want xD
Classified Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 13:50   Link #11
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Clannad and Mashiro-iro Symphony really fits this perfectly.

I also agree with True Tears (it doesn't really have a tsundere)
Old 2012-03-11, 14:34   Link #12
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I think you should watch Ano Natsu. She's not that much of a tsundere but she is a tsundere.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 17:02   Link #13
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Yosuga no Sora, Shuffle!, and Kimikiss Pure Rouge will definitely fit your needs, and they're great.
Old 2012-03-11, 20:12   Link #14
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Kimi Ni Todoke
Ai Yori Aoshi
Clannad
Honey and Clover
Mirai Nikki
H2
Touch
Ah my Goddess
Angel Beats
Crest of the Stars

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 01:01   Link #15
Kurohane

I know this is late but Asura Cryin fits your requirements. It is mostly action packed, but there is some romance.

Last edited by Kurohane; 2012-10-26 at 23:05.
Kurohane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 21:59   Link #16
leokiko

+1 for Mashiro-iro Symphony, True Tears and Shuffle.

Last edited by leokiko; 2012-10-24 at 17:28.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 00:42   Link #17
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Give Kimi ni Todoke a try.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 21:54   Link #18
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

Dunno if you read maga but check out, Koisome Momiji if you do.

This is one of those romance manga that will never rise above the level of light entertainment, but it is notable for the fact that neither of the two romantic prospects are Tsundere's and the main Tsundere in the manga is relegated to comic relief.

The character art is extremely good.
Old 2012-10-24, 22:49   Link #19
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Itsuka Tenma No Kuro Usagi!

Himea is an awesome and unique character. She's sweet but not a push-over. She's clingy but not annoying. She's dedicated and protective but not a yandere. But if you hurt her man Taito, (not flirt with him but actually HURT him) she WILL kill you.
She is also the most gorgeous female anime character I've ever laid eyes on. Her hair is three different colors. THREE. And it sparkles like diamonds. Seriously. XD

A lot of people disliked the show because "omigod it didn't follow the novel!" but I didn't read the novel and I loved it. And if you want a pretty, romance anime where a tsundere doesn't win, I think it's a nice choice. Actually, there are no female tsundere characters in the series at all.

.........also I'm surprised NOBODY mentioned Kanon or Air!?
Old 2012-10-25, 13:07   Link #20
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

You could try Tokimeki Memorial Only Love. Harem anime with a girl that is a bit shy, one that is mega in love with the male protagonist, and another "normal" girl (what I call her) that catches his attention.

The only thing is that this anime revolves more around just harem, and not romance. There is definitely romance, but the "lovey-dovey" stuff is hardly there or not until later in the series. It's quite long too, I think 25 episodes? So you might feel like the anime is dragging you till you like what you see. I liked it a lot because it's quite funny (comedy) yet the "alone" scenes are nice to watch.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote