AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-04-20, 22:37   Link #281
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Rea is cute as usual.

Did Babu really die though? or just greatly injured but still "alive" inside the box?
Furuya is greatly injured but it did not show if the owl or babu attacked him.

Why did babu turn feral before the owl?
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 23:16   Link #282
mochichan

Someone posted a scan of some later chapter and it look like Babu was kinda alive but Chihiro tried to put it out of it's misery.
And he wasn't feral because of the owl, he was already feral a little before that. The owl was programmed to stop any zombies that's in an excited state that can do harm so it instantly attacked Babu.

I hope. Rea's effects is progressing slower but she is showing symptoms and her body is still rotting right? But like they said in the new chapter, she could be a new breed so I'm hoping for a non-tragic story...it's too sad..her life was kinda screwed up before, a happy ending would be nice to see.
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 23:55   Link #283
XxSleepyxX
Learner

A manga about dire psychological consequences... this is getting good. Hopefully babu can be saved. Rea can talk to him can't she? Or maybe his little sis.
Old 2012-04-21, 02:18   Link #284
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I thought the owl is a zombie like babu?

The manga sometimes emit an shounen feel with the "power ups". Furuya has been exposed to zombie poison by quite a bit lately...

In addition, I would like to see Rea and Furuya's relationship become more official. Furuya's confession during the attack got no answer, and Rea pushes Furuya away the next time he touched on the topic which they are inside the ice cave. In the recent chapter we see a small glimpse of Rea thinking about marriage (even though I still do not consider them officially going out). Topics such as Rea's identity as a zombie, Rea's hunger, her lifespan and deteriorating body, and even childbirth can be explored further (remember the mother "might" be a zombie: we do not know if she carried children as a zombie or was turned into one later on - or it might just be a red herring).

Last edited by Flying Dagger; 2012-04-21 at 02:32.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 02:27   Link #285
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
I thought the owl is a zombie like babu?

The manga sometimes emit an shounen feel with the "power ups". Furuya has been exposed to zombie poison by quite a bit lately...
It is, but it also has robotic parts, so it's more like a cyborg
Old 2012-04-21, 04:04   Link #286
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That chapter was heart-wrenching. Babu ;____;

There's a good chance Rea can be saved since she drank the potion when she was alive, but I'm afraid this is it for Babu...
Old 2012-04-22, 11:01   Link #287
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Poor Babu... I think it would have been better if Chihiro had killed him.

And Rea has... Sankarea!! Yeah, that doesn't translate into English so well due to a certain stomach-related condition. >.<
Old 2012-04-23, 08:05   Link #288
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
And Rea has... Sankarea!! Yeah, that doesn't translate into English so well due to a certain stomach-related condition. >.<
Alternately, there used to be a brand of instant coffee called Sanka...
Old 2012-05-11, 17:17   Link #289
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I actually believe he was doing the right thing. Rea is being pretty selfish IMOH
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 17:43   Link #290
ShiroiRyu

Spoiler for 28:
Old 2012-05-11, 18:26   Link #291
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I actually believe he was doing the right thing. Rea is being pretty selfish IMOH
Agreed, but Rea wasn't thinking that. She sees herself in Babu, so yeah.
Old 2012-05-11, 20:10   Link #292
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

My bet is that next issue Rea will ask Darin to make babu into the six million yen cat, but since money does not come cheap Darin will ask for some brain tissue from Rea and/or that she takes some tests to see if certain chemicals improve/worsen her condition.

Last edited by mangamuscle; 2012-05-11 at 20:27.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 20:14   Link #293
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

I'm having a mixed feelings on whether should I agree or not to Rea's actions. Her situation is quite understandable but at the same not. Darin was so damn hot with only a bath towel covering her body
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 21:31   Link #294
Shadow5YA

I don't think Rea is aware that her condition is different fron Babu's. She never personally got to see him go crazy, and she doesn't know that her drinking the potion before her death makes a difference. All she knows is that she is going to lose a fellow zombie friend.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 00:31   Link #295
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

I'm thinking that Rea might start feeling betrayed by Chihiro now. After all, if he's willing to dispose of one zombie, what's keeping him from eventually trying to dispose of her as well? This could worsen her condition, and it would probably take a lot to make Rea understand why Chihiro did this.
Old 2012-05-13, 03:27   Link #296
AdventSleeper

Whoa.. quite the intense chapter. Harsh dilemmas and decisions for Chihiro... It's heart-wrenching.
AdventSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 04:23   Link #297
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

i can kinda unserstand rea's position, that denying babu cant live would mean the same for her, also she already have been repaired from those kinds of conditions, and she has demosntrated a huge will to "live".
Old 2012-05-13, 07:57   Link #298
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I understand Rea's feelings as well, but I believe Chihiro made the correct decision here. It's cruel to force Babu to keep "living" in such a state. It will only bring sadness to those who loved him.

Rea needs to understand her situation is completely different from Babu. Sadly, only Darin is aware of what that entails, and she's not really the kind to share with the rest of the class.
Old 2012-05-13, 08:55   Link #299
Awrya
U mad?

I'm quite interested in how Darin managed to convert a zombie owl into a cyborg-zombie owl which follows her command, since zombies eventually lose rationality.
Old 2012-05-13, 10:54   Link #300
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
i can kinda unserstand rea's position, that denying babu cant live would mean the same for her, also she already have been repaired from those kinds of conditions, and she has demosntrated a huge will to "live".
Yes, but Rea has all her parts, according to Chihiro, Babu seems to be missing some aside from being shredded.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, romance, shounen, supernatural, zombie