AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2013-02-17, 11:14   Link #221
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I guess its a good thing this video is restricted in my reigon heh ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 22:27   Link #222
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

good god that was awful. I'll stick with the subbed version.
Welsh_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 22:52   Link #223
MasterVampire

Is there any date for the second season of Index dub?
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 22:55   Link #224
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

The second season has not been licensed yet.
Old 2013-04-11, 09:57   Link #225
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Funimation Streams A Certain Scientific Railgun Dub Clips
Old 2013-04-14, 01:55   Link #226
judasmartel
*Author

Just started watching the English Dub of Index S1.

Everyone sounds awesome so far except Kuroko.

Touma doesn't have his trademark lines anymore, and it's awesome to me!
- "Fukou da" ~ "Just my rotten luck!"
- IDTI ~ translated into something else more awesome

Monica Rial's rendition of Index sounds so much cuter (but more annoying) than Yuka Iguchi's rendition!

Mikoto sounds strange because she sounds like a bratty teenager, but it fits because she IS a bratty teenager.

English!Kuroko, are you sure you're not just reading lines? You don't even sound like you're lusting for your "sissy". And poor choice of words, anyway. "My lady" is so much better.

Komoe-sensei sounds much better here, she doesn't sound like a kid like in the original Japanese dub.

I heard Accelerator once, and it's a mixed bag. It's either his English version sucks or Okamoto-san is just that good.

I'm on Episode 5 right now, I really can't wait to hear Last Order right now.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 02:00   Link #227
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

How are Stiyl and Kanazaki?

Normal?

Is one of them even British ?
Old 2013-04-14, 02:03   Link #228
judasmartel
*Author

Stiyl and Kanzaki have no accents? Don't sweat it. She's Japanese, and he's speaking Japanese in the original Japanese dub, anyway. But he does sound like a Briton with an American accent in the dub IMO.

But I do agree, it could have been better if everyone not Japanese have accents.
Old 2013-04-14, 02:04   Link #229
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Too much to hope for that little detail huh...
Old 2013-04-14, 02:06   Link #230
judasmartel
*Author

Like I said, "No accents? Don't sweat it."

EDIT: Ah, forget it.
Old 2013-04-14, 06:40   Link #231
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Just started watching the English Dub of Index S1.

Everyone sounds awesome so far except Kuroko.

Touma doesn't have his trademark lines anymore, and it's awesome to me!
- "Fukou da" ~ "Just my rotten luck!"
- IDTI ~ translated into something else more awesome

Monica Rial's rendition of Index sounds so much cuter (but more annoying) than Yuka Iguchi's rendition!

Mikoto sounds strange because she sounds like a bratty teenager, but it fits because she IS a bratty teenager.

English!Kuroko, are you sure you're not just reading lines? You don't even sound like you're lusting for your "sissy". And poor choice of words, anyway. "My lady" is so much better.

Komoe-sensei sounds much better here, she doesn't sound like a kid like in the original Japanese dub.

I heard Accelerator once, and it's a mixed bag. It's either his English version sucks or Okamoto-san is just that good.

I'm on Episode 5 right now, I really can't wait to hear Last Order right now.
As someone who has watched the whole dub, I would say it is a combination of English accelerator being average and Okamoto-san being just that good.
Old 2013-04-14, 08:45   Link #232
judasmartel
*Author

It sure is strange hearing the Misaka clones' speech syntax in English. They could have made the clones (except LO) more robotic, but they are CLONES, not robots. Besides that, I couldn't say anything else about the clones in the dub.

I think LO has it worse here, but I'll wait and see.
Old 2013-04-17, 09:53   Link #233
judasmartel
*Author

What is this? English LO doesn't sound like a kid! She sounds too mature. But that's what you get if the same person voices all the Misaka clones.

And also, all the clones in English have a mysterious quirk...

Spoiler for What is it?:
Old 2013-04-22, 21:24   Link #234
Goldzero

i was always curious to why western reviewers always trash this series to dirt unlike the japanese bloggers who seem to be respectful about this series, well none of the less it does have a massive fanbase and plenty of popular and likable characters so i guess i don't really mind since both japan and westerners have different taste in anime and characters.
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 21:28   Link #235
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldzero View Post
i was always curious to why western reviewers always trash this series to dirt unlike the japanese bloggers who seem to be respectful about this series, well none of the less it does have a massive fanbase and plenty of popular and likable characters so i guess i don't really mind since both japan and westerners have different taste in anime and characters.
Where did you get the idea the reviewers are "trashing" it? What review did you read?
Old 2013-04-22, 21:37   Link #236
Goldzero

you should search around the internet a bit and i mean seriously does touma and index get bashed allot with the western reviewers including the series itself and even railgun which is nicknamed "FAILGUN" tends to get trash as well along with mikoto and especially kuroko by calling it a moeblob series. some reviewers nicknamed kamijou spikey-kun for some strange reason as well.
Old 2013-04-22, 21:47   Link #237
tsunade666

railgun anime is indeed a moeblob series. Even here in animesuki, some of us believe it and even called it.(me included)
Old 2013-04-22, 21:51   Link #238
Goldzero

i wouldn't say its a moeblob series because in my opinion it can go real down and dirty when their serious and even index series itself has its flaws don't ignore that as well but anyways these are just western reviewers bashing it. i notice japanese fans and other bloggers don't seem to hate it though its understandable seeing its massive fanbase there for both series and even jso6 seems to love touma though some fans believe its yuri love.
Old 2013-04-23, 00:44   Link #239
judasmartel
*Author

Well, first and foremost, Touma has an interesting yet incredibly bland power which is more often prone to plot armor abuse. Of course, that goes without saying that Kamachi did an incredible job of using Touma's power to win battles for Touma without making the reader feel the wins are forced.

At the risk of opening a can of worms here, but those who bash Touma for having so-called "plot armor" simply don't understand what the phrase "plot armor" really means. His opponents are miles more powerful than he is, so he shouldn't be able to win, right? Not exactly, because his early opponents relied too much on their powers that they keep using it even when it's VERY clear to them that their powers won't work on him.

If they have actually wisened up right from the start and actually tried to hurt Touma indirectly (by using their powers to create chain reactions Touma cannot block with his IB, and definitely NOT by bringing guns like GREMLIN did), Touma would never stand a chance, and the story would end too quickly.

So you ask, "so why don't these mages just bring guns and shoot Touma right away?"

Simple answer: They simply don't know what ability Touma has.

But now that more mages know about Touma's IB, they have wisened up and brought some conventional weaponry with them. So the strongest power you can have against Touma is not raw power, but INFORMATION. The difference between victory and defeat is knowledge of your opponent's abilities and weaknesses.

And besides, it's a bit of fresh air to see a main character with a purely defensive ability than a versatile offensive ability. I mean, 90% of action MCs have offensive-oriented powers, but can be used defensively at a higher skill level.

You know what plot armor is? When the character suddenly becomes stronger and easily defeats an opponent who has trained for more than twice that character's age, and so hard work hardly works. THAT is plot armor.

As for Mikoto, while she has the usual lightning abilities like more than half of action characters, at least she can do so many things with her lightning powers. She is nicknamed the Electric Spidergirl for a reason.
Old 2013-04-23, 17:03   Link #240
Goldzero

i would say touma power quite decent not the worst i mean there are other painful abilities to watch when in fights in other anime and i have to admit adding precog(MIND EYE) helps make it even more entertaining. fans believe touma also has PIS and CIS but to be honest he uses fear as a weapon against them because touma is like a fighting machine, some kind of devil in their eyes who came from hell that can withstand and cancel any attacks given from him and even the most terrifying magicians are afraid of kamijou and the number 1 esper himself "accelerator". whats great about kamijou is that hes not overpowered but tacticful which is why he became famous with the majority of RAILDEX fanbase who love him(though he became a success mainly because hes one of the "rare" if not the first MC to actually hit a girl) but we can't ignore his haters either since well.... they choose to deny touma winnings as rather plot armor then strategic movies.

Last edited by Goldzero; 2013-04-23 at 17:53.