AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-04-10, 19:01   Link #10081
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

^ I suppose but it's not like he tries not to. Somehow I feel like its just a running gag that for me has run it's course.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 20:46   Link #10082
GodSoul
He Who Would Swallow God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickarium View Post
Hey now, I'd not call Godou a hypocrite...exactly.

The issue comes in that there are multiple forms of pacifism. Godou is non-aggressive, he is not non-violent. He avoids conflict and doesn't want to fight, but once it comes he is willing to do so to defend himself and others. Enjoying the conflict doesn't really, well, conflict with this stance. One can enjoy something even if you'd prefer not having to do it in the first place.

I think the whole point to Godou's character is this internal conflict, be it to violence, or to responsibility of being a Campione as he sees it, to his relationship with the girls. He's by nature conflicted in almost every way. The whole point of his character development is resolving these conflicts (which yes, do count as personality flaws to a degree) slowly. Granted, it being a light novel series, this might never finish, of course.
pacifism of godou comes down to obtain peace by war

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakapervert View Post
^This is LN, not RPG. There are no convenient way where Godou can easily decide where he can fight. The heretic god just do whatever they want, just trying to luring them into someplace without building will just expend some precious authority or energy. Defeating them without human casualty is already an impressive achievement. And its not like heretic god grow on tree, he already involved in a dozen fight in less than a year (I think, not really counting here), he does not exactly need to go out and searching for more trouble, trouble already come by itself to him.
he chose to destroy Castello Sforzesco,Yokohama Bay Bridge,Colosseum etc.
GodSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 20:53   Link #10083
bakapervert
A pervert

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSoul View Post
he chose to destroy Castello Sforzesco,Yokohama Bay Bridge,Colosseum etc.
He doesn't deliberately choosing a place where there are convenient target for the boar. And choosing to not use the boar because he doesn't want to destroy empty building and risking losing, is that seem like a good option?
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 21:07   Link #10084
GodSoul
He Who Would Swallow God

Quote:
He doesn't deliberately choosing a place where there are convenient target for the boar. And choosing to not use the boar because he doesn't want to destroy empty building and risking losing, is that seem like a good option?
do what erica "never set foot in Europe", I believe it would be less painful option,more pacifist,less problematic.

Doni have not interest in godou if he had fled.

godou not athena would fight if he had not hurt doni.

Voban would not have gone to Japan if he had faced doni and athena in the duel of three(as in fight voban,doni, Siegfried).

their identity as campione would not have been discovered.

Psps, forgot to mention that Castello Sforzesco, Yokohama Bay Bridge, Colosseum, Tokyo Tower, etc. would still be intact
Old 2014-04-10, 21:26   Link #10085
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

I see somebody see's some of the negatives Godou has done. but anyways.

when is the 17th volume or w/e coming out, I'd tried looking but I can't find anything.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Old 2014-04-10, 21:30   Link #10086
bakapervert
A pervert

Quote:
do what erica "never set foot in Europe", I believe it would be less painful option,more pacifist,less problematic.
His friend is calling and its possible that she does really need help. To just ignoring it completely, well that would be a pretty boring MC and unfriendly.

Quote:
Doni have not interest in godou if he had fled.
He fled from him in the airport the first time Godou met him and after that the idiot send thugs to harass him.

Quote:
godou not athena would fight if he had not hurt doni.
Doni does not really get lasting wound from their fight. THe idiot is just too lazy and seclude himself somewhere doing who knows what. He is as healthy as ox and because of that he miss a chance to fight Athena. And really, how can he possibly know what will happen in the future?

Quote:
Voban would not have gone to Japan if he had faced doni and athena in the duel of three(as in fight voban,doni, Siegfried).
How so? Voban will definitely looking for Yuri in Japan regardless, that old man will do anything to get rid of his boredom.

Quote:
their identity as campione would not have been discovered.
??? What do you mean by this?

Quote:
Psps, forgot to mention that Castello Sforzesco, Yokohama Bay Bridge, Colosseum, Tokyo Tower, etc. would still be intact
If he doesn't destroy all that buildings and defeat the opponent, its possible that the aftermath will be worse with human casualty or more destroyed environment. The only one that I cannot defend is only the Colosseum's wrecking.
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 21:40   Link #10087
GodSoul
He Who Would Swallow God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
I see somebody see's some of the negatives Godou has done. but anyways.

when is the 17th volume or w/e coming out, I'd tried looking but I can't find anything.
I see the negative points godou, but I love it (except their hypocrisy),I in his place,would have become a despotic tyrant after killing Melqart(kk not I'm not so),openly assume my pruriency(even more so would be hypocritical in front of shizuka).
Old 2014-04-10, 21:43   Link #10088
Fwarlord

Quote:
basically. it's one of the biggest things I can't stand about him.
The way I see it, If the other Campione can why can't he?
Actually, he can. Godou can do everything from gathering infor, making plan, cleaning creeps to killing the final boss, just like how he was under the effect of [Insane Rush]. It's just the moment he can do all those things alone, he is no longer the Godou the girls familiar with but a long-lost brother of Uldin, Voban and Doni, a ruthless warrior who fights only to enjoy the battle, without any restrain, moral or remorse. That's what the girls fear the most thus they keep clinging to him to ensure he will need them.
Old 2014-04-10, 21:52   Link #10089
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

hmm I didn't look at it that way. I'll agree, but it seems like they are all hindering each other while at the same time supporting each other. but anyways I still have my issues, But I'll try to be more open.

Old 2014-04-10, 21:57   Link #10090
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
His friend is calling and its possible that she does really need help. To just ignoring it completely, well that would be a pretty boring MC and unfriendly.
There were plenty of ways to deal with that situation aside from running into Milan and starting a fight, you know?

Quote:
He fled from him in the airport the first time Godou met him and after that the idiot send thugs to harass him.
Unless Doni himself comes over it's all the same really.

Quote:
Doni does not really get lasting wound from their fight. THe idiot is just too lazy and seclude himself somewhere doing who knows what. He is as healthy as ox and because of that he miss a chance to fight Athena. And really, how can he possibly know what will happen in the future?
Actually he was grounded at that point.

Quote:
If he doesn't destroy all that buildings and defeat the opponent, its possible that the aftermath will be worse with human casualty or more destroyed environment. The only one that I cannot defend is only the Colosseum's wrecking.
He didn't have to destroy Castello Sforzesco either.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 22:43   Link #10091
XFire
150% done

Quote:
that's not even comparable, picking fights does not mean cause damage, apparently you think it's one and the same.
You one trick pony. back off in bold hah you hold no water. get off your high horse.

There is such a way to fight without destroying the environment and when I said that I meant Human structures, I don't care much if its out in the plains.

Enough talking about this it's derailing the thread.

End.
Are you joking? Seriously, is that a joke?

Fighting = combat with gods or Campiones. Combat with Campiones/Gods = collateral damage. Always. This is written in the story itself.

Did you even read this? At all?
Old 2014-04-10, 23:03   Link #10092
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Do you get off on not listening? Apparently I have to be the bigger man and not discuss matters with you, you clearly have short sightedness.

Anyways anybody got a favorite Heretic God/Godess/Deity that's been shown?

Old 2014-04-10, 23:10   Link #10093
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Do you get off on not listening? Apparently I have to be the bigger man and not discuss matters with you, you clearly have short sightedness.

And now even your insults don't make sense.

If it bothers you so much, lets do this the civilized way. Put up your objections and I'll knock them down. Again.

Edit: Athena. Always Athena. Doesn't get better than that.

Except with Lancelot.
Old 2014-04-10, 23:26   Link #10094
teejmo

Quote:
I'm guessing 90% are going to say Athena or Lancelot. Though Verethragna was also pretty cool. I would like to see him again in the future. He's still third behind those two goddesses.

And if we're going to go with favorite characters, how about everyone's favorite Campione? Mine is Aisha. Her sheer clumsiness is outstanding. It makes me wonder if, when she first defeated Persephone, she simply tripped on some ancient magical artifact while trying to appease the goddess and activated some weapon. And her ability to protect people while also lobbing rocks on them is hilarious.
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 23:34   Link #10095
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejmo View Post
I'm guessing 90% are going to say Athena or Lancelot. Though Verethragna was also pretty cool. I would like to see him again in the future. He's still third behind those two goddesses.

And if we're going to go with favorite characters, how about everyone's favorite Campione? Mine is Aisha. Her sheer clumsiness is outstanding. It makes me wonder if, when she first defeated Persephone, she simply tripped on some ancient magical artifact while trying to appease the goddess and activated some weapon. And her ability to protect people while also lobbing rocks on them is hilarious.
I can actually see that.

"Now, now, miss goddess, I'm sure we can talk things *trips* Oh, I seem to have shoved her into the Pit of Excruciating Death and Dismemberment. Darn."
Old 2014-04-10, 23:52   Link #10096
teejmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
I can actually see that.

"Now, now, miss goddess, I'm sure we can talk things *trips* Oh, I seem to have shoved her into the Pit of Excruciating Death and Dismemberment. Darn."
Thus the clumsiest person in history obtained one of the strongest authorities, and since she cannot control it whatsoever, her attempts at peace with all gods and godslayers end with the opponent sent to depths of hell. And peace is obtained!

Seriously, Uldin is lucky Godou chose to "protect" Aisha.
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-11, 04:17   Link #10097
Log
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
Didn't the novel attribute his battle lust to his instincts he inherited from obtaining godhood?
He already had his battle instincts before he became a campione!. The biggest reason he was so good at baseball was because of that.

Quote:
basically. it's one of the biggest things I can't stand about him.
The way I see it, If the other Campione can why can't he?
Other campione's don't have his restrictions on his authorities. If he didn't have those restrictions every fight except maybe a couple of the stronger gods/campione would end in sword->sun/boar. The girls would become completely unneeded.

Quote:
If he wanted to improve then he'd get his ass in gear and fight as much as he could, instead he chooses to be passive until the need arises and the circumstances demand he do something.
Picking fights won't make sense for Godou. Only death battles with gods/campiones would help him improve and gods are hard to find and they would come to Godou anyway so there's no point plus he has a high chance of dying. Most Campiones are friends with Godou so why would he fight them?

Quote:
that's not even comparable, picking fights does not mean cause damage, apparently you think it's one and the same.
You one trick pony. back off in bold hah you hold no water. get off your high horse.

There is such a way to fight without destroying the environment and when I said that I meant Human structures, I don't care much if its out in the plains.
Even if he tries to limit his powers Gods would destroy structures anyway. It also doesn't help that Boar requires him to target a large landmark to use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
There were plenty of ways to deal with that situation aside from running into Milan and starting a fight, you know?

Unless Doni himself comes over it's all the same really.
IIRC it's mainly because of Erica that Godou run over to Milan and picked a fight with Doni.

And honestly, Doni would've eventually gotten bored and went over to Japan himself to fight Godou so yeah......
Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-11, 06:19   Link #10098
Sylux

I mostly agree with you except the point with his enemys and Campiones.
I think if he wanted to fight and would go to DOni and say:"Hey idiot Doni come on, lets go into the mountains and have a fight." He would immediatly agree and even look for a car or so.
Sylux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-11, 12:34   Link #10099
DarkSilverSky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylux View Post
I mostly agree with you except the point with his enemys and Campiones.
I think if he wanted to fight and would go to DOni and say:"Hey idiot Doni come on, lets go into the mountains and have a fight." He would immediatly agree and even look for a car or so.
I disagree, doni behaves like a god/godess. He doesn't care about people and he just does what he wants. If godou asked him to move to a mountain, doni would just say why bother or talk about sacrifices need to be made so godou can grow as warrior, blabla.

When figthing against godess and campiones, common sense doesn't work and human rigths are ignored. Against athena, godou asked to change the battlegrounds and it just ended up making things worse.

Note: I am not defending his actions. On a sidenote, i think he no longer cares that much if destroys something or complains when he needs to do the ritual. I guess he got used.
DarkSilverSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-11, 13:37   Link #10100
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Log View Post
IIRC it's mainly because of Erica that Godou run over to Milan and picked a fight with Doni.
Yes, but he didn't have to run right in and start a frontal assualt. There were other ways of dealing with the situation.

Quote:
And honestly, Doni would've eventually gotten bored and went over to Japan himself to fight Godou so yeah......
He would have done that long ago if he wanted to.

He knows Godou won't fight if he doesn't have a reason to, which is why he didn't do that. He said that himself more than once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSilverSky View Post
I disagree, doni behaves like a god/godess. He doesn't care about people and he just does what he wants. If godou asked him to move to a mountain, doni would just say why bother or talk about sacrifices need to be made so godou can grow as warrior, blabla.
Doni's not quite that bad.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem