AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-14, 17:46   Link #161
Raiza Sunozaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serffix View Post
I think it's Yuri who seems to be drowning or being taken by shadows if you take a closer look at the scene.
You're right, it is Yuri. I'm an idiot. I'll go and change it to save my ass.

Quote:
Based on the preview from the episode, it seems Yuri will have her dilemma midway of the episode with her question "If I dissapear now, can I start over?" After which she'll get into trouble with the river/shadows things. That's when Otonashi's group shows up to save her. It seems the final boss (with his line "you've done well to reach here") will be introduced then ... maybe it really is some kind of God? Hah a pervert God who likes to hide in a woman's washroom.

I'd love to see a scene where Yuri and Kanade team up against the end boss, that'd be cool.
I've got a feeling she's inside the girl's washroom, sort of like cornering herself so the shadows can only come at her one at a time. But a perverted final boss would be amusing, and would fit with my Takamatsu theory. He seems like a pervert.
But I agree with most of what you think. Yuri and Kanade teaming up would be the badass moment to end all badass moments.
Old 2010-06-14, 21:20   Link #162
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiza Sunozaki View Post
Fujimaki's thrown away his katana (a pity, really) to dual-wield handguns....
Yea, he`s been lugging 2 katanas around but has never used either I wonder what happened to the `41 he usually uses...

Side note about guns: Interesting how they carried the same weapons in ep1 as they did in 8, and possibly 12?. Episode 5 everyone decided on new kits or something. xD
Old 2010-06-16, 11:25   Link #163
HinataShou

ep12 TW preview
Spoiler for :

New Character ???
Old 2010-06-16, 11:51   Link #164
Rin.Hikari

^
Well, the uniforms they're wearing is unfamiliar, and the person standing is female.
Could this be a flashback?
I think it could be a continuation of Yuri's past, maybe?
Old 2010-06-16, 12:13   Link #165
dark998

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin.Hikari View Post
^
Well, the uniforms they're wearing is unfamiliar, and the person standing is female.
Could this be a flashback?
I think it could be a continuation of Yuri's past, maybe?
Those are the normal female uniforms, like the one Kanade wears. Most likely is not a flashback.
Old 2010-06-16, 13:20   Link #166
Raiza Sunozaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinataShou View Post
ep12 TW preview
Spoiler for :

New Character ???
Time to analyze the hell out of a single picture.

It's definitely a girl who's head we can't see. There's no way that's the male uniform. Looking at the body, she looks both smaller in size and bust that Yuri, but a bit too large in both aspects to be Kanade. It could be another one of the female SSS members, but why bother with them? Unless the culprit is one of the females, there's no point to have a feature episode about them this late on.
If it's anybody, I'm placing my money on Yuri, despite the lack of bust.
I don't want to believe it's a new character, considering it's the cop-out to end all cop-outs to make the real villain a completely new character thrown in at the last minute. I trust Maeda to not pull that on me.
Old 2010-06-16, 19:18   Link #167
HinataShou

may be this girl. she is in Hinata's team in Ep4

Spoiler for :
Old 2010-06-16, 20:08   Link #168
Raiza Sunozaki

Quote:
may be this girl. she is in Hinata's team in Ep4

Spoiler for :
The bust still seems to small. As well, she was a pretty minor character. I'd get pretty pissed if Maeda pulled her from thin-air again to become out crucial villain.
Old 2010-06-17, 12:29   Link #169
Larvayne

Quote:
ep12 TW preview
Spoiler for :

New Character ???
Kanade? :|a
Old 2010-06-18, 21:00   Link #170
pampz21
ShipCore

Graduation....and Yuzuru's the one making it....

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2010-06-18, 21:20   Link #171
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

I hope the last ep will be about kanade, since we still haven't found out her past yet.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2010-06-18, 22:51   Link #172
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
I hope the last ep will be about kanade, since we still haven't found out her past yet.
doubt that...It's about everyone specially Yuzuru! cuz he's the main!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2010-06-18, 23:08   Link #173
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
doubt that...It's about everyone specially Yuzuru! cuz he's the main!
But...but...Yuzuru said that he'll find out about Kanade's past too.

added note:
- So I guess in the end, it was actually both my first theory and second theory combined together was correct about the shadows/world thingy.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2010-06-18, 23:22   Link #174
SirusRiddler
Mari-nyan <3

Quote:
ep12 TW preview
Spoiler for :

New Character ???
I suggest we just call her Miku from now on.

Take a look at her voice actress.

"Choose your own legacy, it's for you to decide." - Solid Snake
Old 2010-06-19, 02:58   Link #175
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
But...but...Yuzuru said that he'll find out about Kanade's past too.

added note:
- So I guess in the end, it was actually both my first theory and second theory combined together was correct about the shadows/world thingy.
well probably just a little bit...but we won't know....cuz there's no preview!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2010-06-19, 11:59   Link #176
Raiza Sunozaki

While I wish we could see into Kanade's past, I really doubt we will. It's not something that has been left unaddressed, as it was never brought up, and we already have a strong understanding of her personality from observing her for twelve episodes.
What I do expect is a confirmation on Yuri's part, on how she actually died. I still doubt it was suicide, after seeing all the contradictions towards the topic throughout the series, but I'm sure there are some people who still think so.
It's something that needs to be addressed, as we spent some time learning about her past, but were cut off before we could learn about this single fact.
Old 2010-06-19, 14:26   Link #177
kitten320

^It was brought up actually. Otonashi did ask why she is still here.
Old 2010-06-19, 18:47   Link #178
Attoney

We will probably get a back story on Kanade's early arrival to the afterlife and how she got hold of the Angel Player program. I highly doubt she coincidently found a reality warping book that can make anyone become god just laying on the open ground. We may also discover more about her "burden" that is keeping her in this world, which will be resolved by Otonashi and his friends so she can move on with them.

The ending:
I'm getting heavy vibes they will all move on from the afterlife, and be reincarnated, where they will experience a new life. In a Jun Maeda typical tearjerker ending, they will all be reunited and become friends with each other, while possessing no memories of the experiences they have in the afterlife. They will share, value and enjoy the new life they have with each other, which will wrap up the theme about life this anime is trying to show.
Old 2010-06-19, 21:38   Link #179
Raiza Sunozaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
^It was brought up actually. Otonashi did ask why she is still here.
But it was never emphasized as important. That's what I meant by "never brought up." Yes, it was brought up by Yuzuru, but it was never brought up during the plot of the show.
Yuri's however, was. We know that she fell into incredible despair after the deaths of her siblings, and that she is still carrying this burden with her in the afterlife. It creates an immense amount of doubt to whether she killed herself or not, which while explaining her death, goes against everything we've learned about the afterlife.
The lack of this imformation is more important than Kanade's previous life, as we must complete this information to finally understand Yuri. The knowledge we have about her creates more questions that we want answered. And it's better to clean up messes you made before touching others. So Maeda should clean up Yuri's mess of a previous life before moving onto Kanade's.
But Kanade's is also fairly unimportant. We might want to know it, but it's unessccesary, considering we've already grasped her character fairly well from watching her in the afterlife. She the same as all the SSS members who's previous lives were never touched upon. Yes, we might like to know why they are here, but it's not needed to understand their characters. We get that from watching them.
Old 2010-06-22, 02:37   Link #180
AC730

I don't know how to get this onto YouTube but here is Preview for Episode 13:
http://www.angelbeats.jp/story2/ep12.html

The emotions I felt watching this preview itself made me feel a bit teary eyed. Sad? Happy? I'm not sure. Believe it or not, this preview shows a side of Kanade we've never seen before: smiling and laughing among the supposedly remaining five members of the SSS. You also see her strutting... Yes, strutting down wherever they are with a smile on her face. Honestly, I think this episode is going to hit me hard with emotions. Especially those last seconds on the Preview. Showing all five remaining members seated in the auditorium with a large banner of the SSS. Is this truly a graduation to all remaining members? Have they all accepted their fate? What happens when they reach the other side? I honestly hope Jun will finish this on a good note.

With that said... Enjoy the preview and I just can't wait for this episode to arrive. Angel Beats! has definitely been a favorite of mine regardless of pacing issues (which I thought at some points weren't as concerning as others).
Closed Thread