AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-11-26, 16:00   Link #41
Arthas1011
Bring on the blood mortal

I not long finished watching the episodes, thought the best one was the first because they were both clueless heh heh heh
Arthas1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-26, 18:24   Link #42
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Agreed... the series kind of starts off with a bang and then by the end, ... well lets just say I philosophically disagree with some of the interpretations of the series (less so with the manga analyses). The sentience of AI is still pretty-much an open topic -- especially with the almost fantasy nature of some of the story's "technology". Each person in the story, of course, has their own viewpoint.
Old 2007-11-26, 22:46   Link #43
Arthas1011
Bring on the blood mortal

Wish it had been a little less dramatic at the end since that was what killed the ending
Arthas1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-05, 18:36   Link #44
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Agreed... the series kind of starts off with a bang and then by the end, ... well lets just say I philosophically disagree with some of the interpretations of the series (less so with the manga analyses). The sentience of AI is still pretty-much an open topic -- especially with the almost fantasy nature of some of the story's "technology". Each person in the story, of course, has their own viewpoint.
Agreed...

It took me some time to decide wether to watch Chobits or not but well... here i am xD Although there are many weak points in the anime adaptation i still found it enjoyable.... and i guess Chi is definitly the cutes girl out there. Simple CUTE xD
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-05, 20:19   Link #45
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Chobits is one of those many series where you have to at least take a look at the manga to figure out what went wrong with the anime. By itself, I guess it's average.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-05, 20:31   Link #46
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

The anime has a much lighter and less dramatic point of view... you get the feeling that everything is ok with that kind of ending xD

"And they lived happily ever after"....
Old 2008-06-05, 21:09   Link #47
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by incube View Post
The anime has a much lighter and less dramatic point of view... you get the feeling that everything is ok with that kind of ending xD

"And they lived happily ever after"....
Spoiler for manga:
Old 2008-06-06, 00:08   Link #48
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Spoiler for anime/manga endings:

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2008-06-06 at 00:18.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 06:06   Link #49
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Spoiler for ending:
Old 2008-06-10, 21:54   Link #50
radioIzzy
stuck in a harem genre
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Spoiler for anime/manga endings:

o.o;;;

I watched the anime a few years ago and I didn't really think of it that far.
Thus I really liked the ending...

But now that I realize the manga ending, or the "full" ending; now I'm not too sure. I think they "crappied" the ending in a way because; really, it's information that people would rather not know...
Maybe that's why the anime took that part out perhaps.
radioIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-11, 00:09   Link #51
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioIzzy View Post
o.o;;;

I watched the anime a few years ago and I didn't really think of it that far.
Thus I really liked the ending...

But now that I realize the manga ending, or the "full" ending; now I'm not too sure. I think they "crappied" the ending in a way because; really, it's information that people would rather not know...
Maybe that's why the anime took that part out perhaps.
The anime is a slightly (or very, according to one's view) dumbed-down adaptation of the manga. Personally, I never expect anything less from the old dames (my way of addressing CLAMP).
Old 2008-06-11, 00:54   Link #52
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Spoiler for some technical speculation:
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-11, 01:05   Link #53
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Spoiler for reply:

Last edited by yezhanquan; 2009-10-14 at 10:38.
Old 2008-06-11, 23:02   Link #54
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Hmm i really dont think the true problem is where the reset botton is... after all Chii is a persocom and those things can be changed.

But what really mattered was if she found that person that would accept her for what she is. I think by putting the reset bottom over there was to prevent some half assed pervert make Chii fall in love with him... since some random guy that didnt love and respect her enough would try to take advantage of her.

What Chii meant by " there are some things i cant give you as a persocom ", i think, was that she couldnt give him a baby like a human girl. As far as we know, perscoms can be made to look and feel exactly as humans so just because of the reset boton's position i don't think there would be any trouble for them to enjoy their selfs xD

I know all this might differ from the manga but i it is more logical *.*
Old 2008-06-11, 23:08   Link #55
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Hmm i really dont think the true problem is where the reset botton is... after all Chii is a persocom and those things can be changed.

But what really mattered was if she found that person that would accept her for what she is. I think by putting the reset bottom over there was to prevent some half assed pervert make Chii fall in love with him... since some random guy that didnt love and respect her enough would try to take advantage of her.

What Chii meant by " there are some things i cant give you as a persocom ", i think, was that she couldnt give him a baby like a human girl. As far as we know, perscoms can be made to look and feel exactly as humans so just because of the reset boton's position i don't think there would be any trouble for them to enjoy their selfs xD

I know all this might differ from the manga but i it is more logical *.*
That is a very valid suggestion.

However, if anyone wants to do "that" with Chii, it'll reset her memories every time. So yeah, I think besides a baby, Chii can't give one you-know-what as well.
Old 2008-06-12, 00:23   Link #56
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

as i mentioned at the begining of my post... Chii is a persocom and everything in her body can be removed and replaced. Having the reset boton there was only a safety measure for the program but since she already found true love, the manager/mom (forgot her name) can "remodel" her.

I cant believe that neither Chii nor Hideki's top priority and concern is not being able to do it properly -.- For gods sake... we are talking about love between a robot and a human, a program falling in love with a living being... not being able to reproduce goes against the human/animal instinct and since they already overcame that... well i guess i made my point already xD
Old 2008-06-12, 00:32   Link #57
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
as i mentioned at the begining of my post... Chii is a persocom and everything in her body can be removed and replaced. Having the reset boton there was only a safety measure for the program but since she already found true love, the manager/mom (forgot her name) can "remodel" her.

I cant believe that neither Chii nor Hideki's top priority and concern is not being able to do it properly -.- For gods sake... we are talking about love between a robot and a human, a program falling in love with a living being... not being able to reproduce goes against the human/animal instinct and since they already overcame that... well i guess i made my point already xD
I don't think that is the case. I believe Mihara created the Chobits with "perfection" in mind. Perfection is when you feel confident enough to leave what you created as it is, without adding or removing anything. Also, remodelling was not on Chitose's mind. That's why she allowed Elda to leave her side and become Hideaki's Chii.

Hideaki did give the sex issue a thought and yeah, he seemd to have come to terms with being a virgin for now.
Old 2008-06-12, 00:47   Link #58
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

What Mihara wanted to create was a daughter that could show affection / love.... something as closest a human girl as possible since Chitose coudnt get pregnant. He did had perfection in mind but it was far from that and Chitose noticed that later by watching Chii and Freya.
As for Chitose not wanting to intervene... that was so she woudnt affect the decision of Chii when choosing the one for her. But even from the beginning she helped indirectly with the books and in the last episode she decided to help directly even though it meant breaking the promise. It is as if she finally came to terms with herself and wanted to help Chii as a mother and not just her creator. After the events of the last episode, there is no need for the reset botom anymore and Chitose is binded by the promise anymore either.
And as i been saying.. i really dont think that reset bottom deserves so much thinking and attention lol. It is just a component in a robot.
Old 2008-06-12, 00:56   Link #59
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

The reset switch's main job was to embarrass Hideki, who

1) had to reach "there" to reboot Chii.
2) thought that every persocom's switch was "down there" (thankfully corrected by the baker)

I suppose the picture book series was for Chitose to help herself as much as to help Chii. With that sort of secret in her, she'll go crazy if she didn't let it out somehow.
Old 2008-06-12, 01:03   Link #60
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

The main job was to maintain Chii "pure" until finding her true love. In the anime they used it as an excuse for some fan service...

But because Chitose was suffering by keeping that secret is proof that she loved Chii as a daughter and not just a creation. She had to wait until she was sure Hideki was the one... after that i guess she would give it all to help Chii and make her happy.

Tags
romance, science fiction, seinen