AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-04, 00:00   Link #81
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
Finally, Luffy enters the scene.
You can expect great actions (even more than these past few months, yea)
Old 2009-09-04, 00:06   Link #82
Big Daddy

Just hope the anime hurries up and gets past amazon lily so we can get to the Ace/war arc that is going on. Action is gonna be unbelievable.
Old 2009-09-04, 00:10   Link #83
Tommy
Mr. Prince

It's gotta be a Luffy haki pistol @ Smoker if anyone. I'm telling you guys Smokers gonna pop up next in the next chapter or two.
Old 2009-09-04, 01:28   Link #84
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
So what if the become pirates , some parents love there children no matter what they do ,laws or no laws it depends on what sort of person your are . Some might tell there child go to the police ,while others help them get out of the country.
There is a difference between loving your child and believing that they should not be held accountable when you know they have committed a crime. Just because you love someone does not mean you should think that they should be able to commit a crime and get away with it...

This truth goes double for those parents that help uphold the law... Justice is blind and should not carry on any bias... To give someone special treatment just because they are family is a form of power abuse... it's disrespectful to every law abiding citizen, and everyone your relative might have wronged; you are essentially saying "my children are above the law". You are holding a double standard... How can Garp be fine with the imprisonment and execution of any other pirate when he would fight to free another who is guilty of the same crimes? How could he call himself an officer of justice and law?

Frankly, if you are gonna absolve your child of a crime then you should also be able to absolve ALL criminals who have committed the same crime... atleast then you can argue that you are not giving your child special treatment, but truly believe that the law itself was unjust...

That's why this situation has become difficult for Garp... Garp was able to see that killing someone based upon their blood alone is unjust; unborn children carry no sin as roger put it... Garp protected Ace, then he protected Luffy, and by golly he'd probably protect any such person even if he had not come to know them and get attached to them... But Ace became a pirate... The same kind of criminal that Garp hunted down down and punished for decades; Garp has integrity and as such, he can not hold that double standard

Quote:
Plus Ace had it bad it was either die or become a marine . I sure if WG found out where he was before becoming a pirate they would have kill him. Ace was fuck from birth no matter what he did other than becoming a marine and even then if Sengoku wanted him dead there was nothing grap could have done to stop it.
Yes that's what the WG would have done to Ace but that's IF they ever found out... And that's exactly what Garp wanted to avoid and tried hard to do... If Ace had lead a normal life he would have never drawn on the attention of the WG... If Ace had become a Marine, the great strength that he inherited from Roger would have made him into a marine Hero; which would have also allowed him to keep the WG from finding out the truth as they would never expect Roger's blood to enlist in the marines.

Ace had it rough, he was cursed from birth, but Garp gave him a chance... He gave Ace a shot to live a life free from his father's legacy, free of paying for his father's crimes... but Ace threw that chance away

it's a little funny actually... Ace has kinda proved the marines RIGHT in fearing him from birth and proved Garp wrong...

I mean, Garp did what he could to put Ace on the path of the marine (opposite of a pirate), and Ace himself HATED his father(who was the greatest pirate)... but what happened? Not only did Ace become a pirate, but he ended up under Whitebeard who was grooming him to become the next pirate king... Despite the steps taken to prevent Ace from following in his father's footsteps, Ace wound up on that path anyway.

Quote:
Plus this is the OP world were talking about grap own son think the rulers of the OP world are wrong . Then we have what don said the winners say what is right or wrong .
The way i see it, there are two kinds of "Justice"... Absolute justice, and Personal Justice...
Absolute Justice is defined by law which is defined by your local gov't... this however, can not always be truly be called justice as the gov't is more than capable of being unjust

Personal Justice however is what you make of it... however, if you are willing to convict one man of a crime, but willing to absolve a friend/family who committed the SAME crime, then you are definitely NOT caring about your own sense of Justice; your actions fly in the face of justice.

Though they are different absolute Justice and personal justice have at least one thing in common and that they are blind... All those who commit a crime, are treated equally... to do otherwise is to disrespect everyone who obeys justice and all those who were convicted of it

Last edited by Slayerx; 2009-09-04 at 01:45.
Old 2009-09-04, 01:43   Link #85
andy

Are you kidding this is the WG we are talking about . They would have found out grap could not hide him forever .If ace join the marines you could have bet they would have found about him. The same way they found out when he was a pirate. And after he join them i can see them killing him saying look how pirates kill the pirate king son and use his death to help them.
Are you trying to tell me if he became strong and help the marines they would have not check his background.
Grap did not give ace a chance he hide him until he meet a certain age hoping if he made him a marine The WG would not kill him. But grap does not have say in the matter . Ace would live a life in hiding and that not really a life . Why because he was son of the pirate king.

Your acting like grap has sort of power he does not he just a VA.
This is a world where they kill unborn child because of who the father is why do you think dragon did not want anyone to know anything about him

Also are you kidding this is a world where many people that let there child do what the hell they want an but when time comes for them to pay a price they try to get there child out of it . They use the law in there favor when it suit them not mention the more money you have the easier it is to bend and find loopholes in the law .

And if your asking your self how grap can hold a double standard the answer is easy he only human.

Last edited by andy; 2009-09-04 at 01:55.
Old 2009-09-04, 01:49   Link #86
james0246

^Actually, Garp has a large amount of sway in the Marines, and conceivably the WG. How else would he have not been executed already for having the most wanted criminal as a son, and a near infamous pirate grandson, not mention he helped raise the Pirate King's son. No, Garp has a massive amount of sway in the One Piece universe.
Old 2009-09-04, 02:01   Link #87
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Actually, Garp has a large amount of sway in the Marines, and conceivably the WG. How else would he have not been executed already for having the most wanted criminal as a son, and a near infamous pirate grandson, not mention he helped raise the Pirate King's son. No, Garp has a massive amount of sway in the One Piece universe.
That was already answer in the manga when it was said he was a marine hero . When Sengoku told him if you were not a marine hero he would have. Then grap said well if you think killing a old timer like me going to matter go on ahead . Which means it make no sense kill a marine hero and cause trouble for the WG when they have nothing to gain from it. Not that he has any sway in the WG.

By the way what i am talking about is on chapter 530 page 6
Old 2009-09-04, 02:33   Link #88
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

I'm just finally relieved Luffy and co. finally arrived on the scene, things are going to get a lot more intense than it already is.

Who here is as anxious as me for Brook's mini arc eh? =P
Old 2009-09-04, 02:35   Link #89
Slayerx

Quote:
Are you kidding this is the WG we are talking about . They would have found out grap could not hide him forever .If ace join the marines you could have bet they would have found about him. The same way they found out when he was a pirate. And after he join them i can see them killing him saying look how pirates kill the pirate king son and use his death to help them.
Are you trying to tell me if he became strong and help the marines they would have not check his background.
Grap did not give ace a chance he hide him until he meet a certain age hoping if he made him a marine The WG would not kill him. But grap does not have say in the matter . Ace would live a life in hiding and that not really a life . Why because he was son of the pirate king.
the ONLY reason, the World Government even suspected that Ace was the son of Gold Roger was because of how quickly he rose as a pirate... why would the world government suspect that one of their marine's was the son of Gold Roger? When they look into his background and find that he has a mother but no record of who the father was, why would they even begin to suspect that a his father was gold roger, a man who died 2 years before his birth, when it's simpler to suspect that Rouge just had a secret relationship; possibly even an affair...

Hell, considering the marines did not know that Dragon was Garp's son, Garp could have lied and said Ace's father was his son and that his Son died in an accident... Considering we are talking about a Marine hero and his upstanding Marine grandson, do you really think the world gov't are gonna keep digging instead of just taking Garp's word for it? Afterall, they don't even suspect that roger COULD have had a son at this point, so they are hardly worried about that being a possibility... Frankly, the marines could easily be quick to conclude that all of Ace's strength was inherited from his grandfather

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
That was already answer in the manga when it was said he was a marine hero . When Sengoku told him if you were not a marine hero he would have. Then grap said well if you think killing a old timer like me going to matter go on ahead . Which means it make no sense kill a marine hero and cause trouble for the WG when they have nothing to gain from it. Not that he has any sway in the WG.
And here you end up pointing out how Ace COULD of escaped his fate by becoming a marine... Considering Ace's status within Whitebeard's forces, you could easily think that he would have risen quickly within the marines... Hell he might be a rear or Vice Admiral by now if he had follow the marine path... and when you move that quickly through the ranks you are bound to acquire a great reputation... Ace would essentially be a rising hero, one that people say will one day become a great admiral and may even one day be given the seat of Sen Goku

Now, putting aside what i said before, let's assume the marines DID find out who Ace's father was... what then? Think about Garp... he is a marine hero, and this has allowed him to get away with actions that a lesser man would have been discharged for (if not worse)... His status offers him some protection...

How would the world gov't react to the knowledge that their rising hero, the man people call the next sen goku, is the son of Gold Roger? How would the citizen's react to the news?

It would be a PR nightmare... First, the fact that you allowed such infamous blood into the marines in the first place, makes the world gov't look incompetent... Second, Ace is a strong marine and is good with dealing with many pirates and brining them to justice; getting rid of him would mean loosing a great marine weapon... Third, if you moved to execute him, there would be many citizens who look upon Ace's lifetime fighting for good, a life free of crime and sin, and thus would start to question whether or not it is right to end his life based on NOTHING more than the fact that he was Gold Roger's son... not only does the Gov't look incompetent, but they also start to look like tyrants (a correct image that they try to avoid)... The revolutionary groups would have a field day if the world gov't moved to execute Ace

So consider the costs vs benefits... what's the best way for a corrupt gov't to act?... A cover up... Erase all evidence of Ace's true origins so that no one else could find out, and act like nothing is amiss... Might even want to go as far as to tell Ace they know just so they can tell him to make sure he doesn't tell anyone himself; explain it to him in a way that he can understand... As far as the public knows, Gold Roger had no heir and the world gov't wiped out his bloodline long ago... Like you said "no sense kill a marine hero and cause trouble for the WG when they have nothing to gain from it."

Quote:
And if your asking your self how grap can hold a double standard the answer is easy he only human.
And what i'm saying is that Garp is better than that... his humanity is why he is in mourning and having difficulty with the situation... but i see him as a true man of justice with fierce integrity... i can respect his character for this
Old 2009-09-04, 02:53   Link #90
james0246

Quote:

By the way what i am talking about is on chapter 530 page 6
Actually, the fact that killing him would do more harm than good is a form of influence ("sway"). As you have said many times, this is an organization that will hunt down and kill anyone related to those they consider major criminals. Considering that they have never killed Garp, despite his massive connections to the very elite of the pirate/revolutionary world, means that Garp has a major sway in the Marines, the world (public opinion supports him), and even the WG.

I'm not sure why you are arguing this point. Anyone who has the military history that Garp does would have influence in the world. That does not mean he controls anything of importance (he was tasked, way back in the beginning with bringing the nobody Morgan to a prison - I can't think of a lower task than that for a Vice-Admiral to do), but rather his name recognition is so great that people listen to his words, even if they do not necessarily follow his advice.
Old 2009-09-04, 03:12   Link #91
andy

By the way james me and slayerx were talking about if ace became a marine and the WG found out he was roger son slayerx was saying grap could done some thing about it. I was saying grap has no say in the matter and if Sengoku wanted him dead he could have kill him. Grap may have sway as you said but in matter i was talking about there notting much he could have done about.

slayerx is does not really mater what you think as he said in the manag ' I have no pity for villains" but then he said " family is different". So while he love to do something he can't , he said if could he would have . So saying grap is better than that is wrong .

So let drop the topic you think grap is better than that while is plain to see he does hold a double standard if could have ace he would but he does not have the power to to do so .

Also edit my post cause we are going to go around in circles .

Last edited by andy; 2009-09-04 at 03:45.
Old 2009-09-04, 03:29   Link #92
Slayerx

Quote:
As for slayerx make i ask how would ace become a marine hero in such a short space of time Do remember that ace left the island 3 years before luffy and luffy has been out on the seas let say 8 months the most.

So ace would have to become a marine hero in 4 years. Which it depends on when they find out he is roger son .
Simple, the same way he became the infamous captain of the spade pirates and then later the commander of Whitebeard's 2nd division... Except replace "great/numerous acts of piracy" with "great/numerous acts of justice"... instead of smacking around marines and bounty hunters, Ace would smacking around notorious pirates... If we consider Ace on the level of shichibukai, then we are talking about someone who might be able to bring in supernova level pirates on a regular occasion... Bring in enough bountyheads, and the newspapers will make him famous, and his strength added to that will allow him to climb the ranks... the media will make him famous and turn him into a rising hero

And it's IF they find out he is roger's son... without the piracy, the likelihood of his secret being reveal goes down, as the marines are not likely to easily accept that such a fine marine could be a the son of the pirate king when their are more "believable" alternatives.

Quote:
slayerx is does not really mater what you think as he said in the manag ' I have no pity for villains" but then he said " family is different". So while he love to do something he can't , he said if could he would have . So saying grap is better than that is wrong .
It all depends on how far he goes... he's holding Ace in more regard than he would another pirate, but these are his personal feelings and not what he is acting out on; personal feelings he is keeping to himself... He can't control how he feels, but he can control how he deals with those feelings... to succumb to those feelings, or to rise above them... And what i'm saying is that he is pushing his feelings aside for the sake of his justice and thus keep himself from giving Ace unfair treatment... that is where he maintains his integrity and how he does not have a true double standard

Last edited by Slayerx; 2009-09-04 at 03:59.
Old 2009-09-04, 04:10   Link #93
Photonbeam
It's VACATION TIMEEEEE!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Photonbeam
At last, Luffy is shown again.

And also, I'm interested as to what would Garp do in the next few chapters.
Old 2009-09-04, 06:33   Link #94
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
This was another very good chapter. A lot was fit into this chapter.

Damn White Beard powerful. If Sengekou going to defeat whitebeard he is going to need a nuclear weapon from Dr. VegaPunk. Because I don't see anyone right now in the marines side who could defeat White Beard or equal him face to face.

I don't see how the WG considered the Marines and the Shichibukai to be the deciding factor of war between the four Yonkou when there having trouble with just one. The way I see it is if Shanks or Dragon who have some sort of connection to the main character of the story show up to the summit then the Marines and WG are more than screwed there F%#@.

In my view Garb has to try and save ace but I am afraid he will die doing it either after the battle as a punishment for betraying the marines or during battle.

Now if he does or not is to be decided later but my bet is on Garb will try to save Ace, because Garb as taken care of ace ever since he was a a baby. No matter what wrong the kids done Garb will always look at Ace and Luffy as his own and he will want to protect them from danger. Its only natural for the parents to protect and want better for the off springs. If this is what Garb is feeling I hope he follows this feelings instead of the order given by Sengoku. I don't see Garb betraying his boys that he helped raised and cared for his whole life. If Garb does follow the orders and lets the execution go through he will never be the same after this. He will be a ruined man phyologically. I don't think he can live with letting his grandson Ace get executed in front of him.

Everybody has a choice in life its living with the choices that can be the hardest.
I doubt they would have had this must trouble over any other Yonkou. Whitebeard is the only man to equal the Pirate King is strength, even among the Yonkou Whitebeard is acknowledged as the strongest. He is also called the King of the Seas, his influence is greater than any other Yonkou. That and his DF ability makes formidable.
Old 2009-09-04, 07:57   Link #95
Vree

Great posts SlayerX

One thing I would add is that for the WG and Marines bending the laws in their own favour is not a "bad thing", it is part of the system. If Ace did become a marine hero then that would have protected him even if the truth was found out. The marines would not want to reveal that one of their best officers is connected to a pirate at all. Sure, if he went against the WG's orders even only once, or failed in a mission, THEN they'd probably suddenly "remember" the fact. So basically the only choice for him would be to become a Rob Lucci-ish sort of character who is trying to prove at every step that he has left his past behind as soon as possible by carrying out his orders without mercy and to the letter (with the knowledge that one failure can earn him the same fate as the recent CP9). Garp's path could not work for him - the Marines would not overlook HIS moments of weakness.
Old 2009-09-04, 08:07   Link #96
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite_Coke View Post
Finally, Luffy enters the scene.
You can expect great actions (even more than these past few months, yea)
I catched up, and I admit that this arc is Epic! I can't wait to see what Luffy will do. Go go Luffy

He can count on Boa's help for sure, at least
Old 2009-09-04, 09:01   Link #97
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Another excellent chapter this week as always, Lots of stuff happening, I think Garp may die protecting Ace and Luffy.

No way is Oars dead, when was the last time Oda actually killed a character non-flashback. DoFlamingo has quickly become the most interesting Shichibukai by far. I hope we get some more insight into his motivations for fighting and past soon.

Really pumped for next weeks chapter, Maybe were finally gonna see who luffy's opponent for this fight will be.
Old 2009-09-04, 11:51   Link #98
ChaosPaladin
Bringer of Order & Chaos

with both of his grandsons involve now, i think garp may really be forced to ignore the 'justice' and help his 'family' instead
Old 2009-09-04, 13:11   Link #99
Rainbowman

Quote:
You act like Boa is just going stand around and let people do what ever they want to her lol. I do hope we get to find out more about how her powers work . At first people thought you had to like her or have some lust for her to turn you to stone. That went threw window when she turn cannon balls to stone . Now she has a OHKO that if she hits you, your body starts to break apart lol. So she has moves that can turn you stone without touching you and when she does she can also turn you to stone. Plus there is her Haki
Well, it's just that there may be someone who may have a great defense against her powers and eventually she'll lose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Fixed it
Ya, the shichibukai may work for the world government, but they don't really care about it... half of them are planning on betraying the WG in the future anyway... as such, most of them would not care about the betrayal of one of the the others

The admirals on the otherhand, might be quick to deal down justice
I guess your right about the other Shichibukai not caring about betraying each other. Still, Hancock and Doflamingo may be fighting each other if both knew about each other's past and motives. Don't forget, Hancock was a slave and Doflamingo deals in slavery. As for the Admirals, the only one who would be the quickest to deal down justice is Akainu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
Just hope the anime hurries up and gets past amazon lily so we can get to the Ace/war arc that is going on. Action is gonna be unbelievable.
Truth be told the anime is nearing the end of the Amazon Lily arc and is getting ready for the Impel Down arc.
Old 2009-09-04, 15:03   Link #100
Pretty_Shota155
Just a Pretty Shota...

It goes like a snail this manga...
Closed Thread