AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-11, 12:02   Link #261
Veripma

I just painted this with yellow and orange felt-tip pens and wait till it run dry.

Thank you so much ^___^
Old 2009-11-13, 23:08   Link #262
vdaysnowstorm

YA I had the urge to do all 7 of the sisters but alas I only had but 3 of the wigs for it.
Also an Unfinished Umineko cosplay~

Old 2009-11-14, 13:13   Link #263
tastythoughts
僕は紬ビジョンがある !
*Artist

Hello, people! All your cosplays are amazing!

Spoiler for Help!:
Old 2009-11-14, 15:23   Link #264
vdaysnowstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tastythoughts View Post

Spoiler for Help!:
Here's a pic thing that may be of help
Old 2009-11-14, 16:47   Link #265
tastythoughts
僕は紬ビジョンがある !
*Artist

Thanks! ^-^

Spoiler for Which one should I use?:
Old 2009-11-14, 18:18   Link #266
Luna Selene
BEST MOM AWARD

Send a message via AIM to Luna Selene
Quote:
Originally Posted by tastythoughts View Post

Spoiler for Help!:
I used an Alice's Dream wig from Amphigory in color 24B http://amphigory.com/wigs_alices_dream.html as well as two extensions from amphigory in the same color. I had to remove the sewn-in combs from the extensions and cut bangs to the wig. In hindsight I probably should have stubbed the wig and then added the bun as an entirely extra piece, but I instead braided the rest of the wig hair, wrapped it into a bun, sewed it in, and then braided and wrapped the extensions around it.

If you want to go about it the same way, I highly suggest three or more packs of extensions. I just BARELY had enough for this wig, and I had a friend who does wig commissions help me with it.

Off topic, but I just got my Beatrice gown and can't wait to wear it in two weeks.
Old 2009-11-15, 07:19   Link #267
Nabiki Asakura
Order Maiden
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Nabiki Asakura
Ok, so NOW, after wait for almost a month to go to a good place instead of an event, I finally have decent photos of my Virgilia

Spoiler:

Last edited by Nabiki Asakura; 2009-11-17 at 08:36.
Old 2009-11-16, 14:11   Link #268
AudriSampson
Ange Ushiromiya's Fangirl

Send a message via Yahoo to AudriSampson
Has any one ever used the Ebay costume makers?? The reason I ask is cant sew whatsoever but I want to do Eva-Beatrice for Acen in Chicago... and to Veripma, Ill be the most heavy set beatrice done.. your no where close!!!

Here is the costume Im looking at
http://cgi.ebay.com/Umineko-Eva-Beat...item3efa391aad
Old 2009-11-16, 14:57   Link #269
Kitsu
The unlucky one

I don't know about that maker. A friend of mine recently ordered the Shannon cosplay from that one (over chinese I don't know sites not over ebay but it is the same producer) Naturally we haven't recieved it yet but there had been complains about massive usage of glue instead of sewing (glue doesn't hold the stuff together as good as sewing does so the dress might rip etc). We don't know if those are true because we haven't gotten it yet but maybe you should be careful.

Last edited by Kitsu; 2009-11-16 at 15:13.
Old 2009-11-16, 14:59   Link #270
AudriSampson

Wow that would be really bad.. I hope your friends turns out ok
Old 2009-11-16, 15:08   Link #271
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Well yes and in the worst case another friend of mine would be ready to sew over it so it would hold longer. But we will see how it turns out maybe those people were just making a fuss over nothing
Old 2009-11-16, 15:15   Link #272
AudriSampson

Luckily I have a roomate that could patch it up push comes to shove... How about the sizing does anyone have issues with that?
Old 2009-11-16, 15:49   Link #273
MayumiHime
Kihihihi...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudriSampson View Post
Has any one ever used the Ebay costume makers?? The reason I ask is cant sew whatsoever but I want to do Eva-Beatrice for Acen in Chicago... and to Veripma, Ill be the most heavy set beatrice done.. your no where close!!!

Here is the costume Im looking at
http://cgi.ebay.com/Umineko-Eva-Beat...item3efa391aad
I got my Sheryl Nome Cosplay from Doyea_mj today. ôo
I'm more then pleased with it, the cosplay looks AWESOME and it's really nice sewed. There's no way somebody else could make it better then doyea_mj. If there are any problems, she always replies very fast.
My Cosplay is a bit to large at the hips, but that was the same with my Beatrice Cosplay, too... Maybe I just can't get my measurements right. Lol.
I'd only buy from doyea_mj again because her cosplays have the best quality, that's it. O: And my Cosplay only took 16 days for sewing + shipping, that's super fast.

But hahaha, I wanted to buy that Eva-Beato cosplay soon, too. %D
Old 2009-11-16, 16:22   Link #274
AudriSampson

Thanks for the strong recommendation, I have a question that I sent to the seller but Im sure that it wont be a problem and Ill be putting my order in next payday
Old 2009-11-17, 18:04   Link #275
stufflikehearts
no Naku Koro ni Fangirl

I've got a question. I wanna cosplay a Umineko character next year at this Con I'm going to. Problem is.. I'm torn between two characters... Eva-Beatrice and Bernkastel. Who do you guys think I should be? I'm basically just going to take a count of everyone's guesses, here and from my friends. Evatrice's costume is just adorable. And I'd love carrying around her staff. But then I love Bern and I rarely see people cosplay her. Well?

Edit: By the way, the costumes I'm looking at is the same Audri is. And I'm looking at the Bern by the same maker.
Old 2009-11-17, 19:46   Link #276
Nabiki Asakura
Order Maiden
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Nabiki Asakura
Quote:
Originally Posted by stufflikehearts View Post
I've got a question. I wanna cosplay a Umineko character next year at this Con I'm going to. Problem is.. I'm torn between two characters... Eva-Beatrice and Bernkastel. Who do you guys think I should be? I'm basically just going to take a count of everyone's guesses, here and from my friends. Evatrice's costume is just adorable. And I'd love carrying around her staff. But then I love Bern and I rarely see people cosplay her. Well?

Edit: By the way, the costumes I'm looking at is the same Audri is. And I'm looking at the Bern by the same maker.
Personaly, I prefer Bern's costume, specially from this maker, for me, it looks perfectly.

Old 2009-11-17, 21:28   Link #277
KoiYuki

Does anyone know where I can find the socks and shoes for Bern? The shoes especially.. For socks, I can add the little ribbons, but I need to find white ones similar to Bern's.
I'm planning on buying the costume from eBay that doyea_mj is selling.

I want to eventually get the Erika costume by the same seller, but does anyone know where I could get a wig in her hairstyle?
Old 2009-11-17, 21:58   Link #278
stufflikehearts
no Naku Koro ni Fangirl

@Nabiki: Yeah, everyone seems to be leaning to Bern. So I'm most likely to get that costume.

@KoiYuki: Where do you live? If you live in the US you can go to a cheap shoe story like Payless and buy a pair of Mary Janes like I'm going to do. I found a perfect pair there. It's only going to cost me $13. And the socks you can get at a lingerie store, or if you're in the US you can go to Hot Topic. Again, that's where I'm getting mine.
Old 2009-11-18, 00:09   Link #279
User102990
the Iron-Burned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittyusername View Post
You're in no way the fattest Beato ever. Your costume looks awesome, too. I can't wait to see what it looks like with the wig, if you do take more pictures later on.

I'm not entirely sure if I should ask this here, but oh well. I'm planning on doing a Mammon cosplay, and I'm wondering if anyone knows what I could use for the skirt part of it. I don't know if I should buy a stiffer fabric to keep it sticking out, or if I should...well, I'm not sure. I'm not exactly an experienced cosplayer.
A nice, stiff interfacing should do the trick. That way you can move a bit more easily while maintaining a very structured appearance. :3
Old 2009-11-18, 05:28   Link #280
kirapika
Oh-so crazy~?

@Nabiki Asakura : Nice Virgilia cosplay! I have to commend you on that one XD

@AudriSampson : *AAAA* That Eva-Beatrice costume is effin' gorgeous. DO WANT
Closed Thread