AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-09-13, 14:06   Link #4321
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Entrusting a weapon is no more symbolic than entrusting a position to someone. If anything else, expressing their trust and faith into him would be better in fact.

You don't entrust that kind of sword to someone who cannot use it properly. Even though it is a huge symbol for the kinds like Takagi's daddy, it is certainly not the same for other people. Due to this, using it as a mere symbol instead of actual weapon is anything but a waste. And should he use that, you can be sure he would be a definite liability, especially the blade is 60-80 cm long from what we were shown.

Any practioner in swordsmanship would definitely know that putting such kind of weapon in an amateur's hands is silly, period.

I say giving such a sword means more than what words could convey. It still seems Saeko was reluctant to accept the responsibility for Saya that the sword entailed; she was seeing the sword as his ultimate symbol of trust rather than a weapon (I guess for her, any sword would do???). Who uses the sword in the end is a different matter, she knows Takashi(her husband) is going to make her use it anyway.

Oh btw I love Rei too, but in this episode she pretty much said she was fine with being the mistress....
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 14:21   Link #4322
Midnight Bliss
Radiant as the sun;
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Midnight Bliss
That moment with Rei and Takashi oh gosh yes it was included in there! I was worried it wouldn't be included but YES. I was blushing aaah ;___; Gonna watch the whole episode later tonight with my momma.
Lmfao my mom likes Highschool of the Dead. That's a first. 8 D
Midnight Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 14:25   Link #4323
Kallen4life

Saeko just loves Takashi (they had sex and she's pregnant .. kidding) so she'll give him anything

I figured it was just her being humble and all .. she's the perfect Yamato Nadeshiko .. when she's not .. you know .. getting WET slaying zombies

btw I gotta admit I thought at first too that it was no big deal having a grade flunked .. then I realised that meant repeating a YEAR for NO GOOD REASON .. that SUCKS and it's major in any average school, I'm sure it's really big deal in Japan

and, oh yes, ARMAGEDDON .. nuclear winter is gonna be cold

btw that last bit was like anime version of the ending of Terminator 3 .. only less SLBMs/ MIRVs
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 15:00   Link #4324
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

It's about time someone launched the nukes, I mean the world is getting took over by the undead and nobody wants to blow the crap out of them?
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 15:38   Link #4325
konart

Btw the anime censored the part, where
Spoiler for not really a spoiler:

They learned their lesson from the episode with some korean popular actor or whoever it was...
Old 2010-09-13, 16:00   Link #4326
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
If I had a little more faith about whether the mangaka knew what to do with his stuff, I'd have thought that maybe he wanted to give takashi his polar opposite. But honestly, his presence in the cast is no less than "let's introduce a character everyone will hate", there is no zombie apocalypse scenario without a complete douchebag that will evntually bring ruin (Patrick in Dead Set, Rhodes in Day of the Dead, The Governor in Walking Dead, etc...)
Indeed, Shidou is nothing more than the character supposed to show us that "some humans are more rotten than zombies". My problem with Shidou is that he's way too pathetic for me to even hate him. In fact, he makes me laugh pretty much everytime he appears so I see him more as a comic relief. I don't see the point in keeping him alive, I doubt he will ever become a serious threat.
Old 2010-09-13, 17:12   Link #4327
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I love this show.

I love the action, I love the violence and sexy ladies, but most of all, I love the character dynamics. Saeko really makes this show for me, and the evolution of her feelings for Takashi have been a joy to watch. You know that you've greatly affected someone when your competition is going to such great lengths just baiting your loved one.

Episode 11 was just a strengthening of our suspicions: Saeko really loves Takashi, but she also has to deal with Rei. Frankly, Rei's seductions are too obvious and too gaudy for me: I prefer the banter Saeko and Takashi share with one another. It's a lot subtler, but it's a lot more pleasant to watch, as well.

I'm sincerely hoping that his realization in the past will allow him to accept Saeko and not be stuck on Rei. It wasn't him who turned his back on the promise first, right?
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 17:23   Link #4328
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Well the Anime has defiantly cut down on all the "ecchi" scenes that were going outrageous, so is it true that 12 (or was it 14?) was the last episode to this entire series? Well with the Nukes being launched now. Its probably going to end with a big bang..
Old 2010-09-13, 17:36   Link #4329
OkamiNoKaze

Well, I've watched up through Episode 10, Episode 9 was great, another favorite for this series, didn't expect that of Saeko, interesting side to her. The Zombie kids were creepy, the fade to black gave us an enormous question mark, leaving it up to views to decide for themselves what happened, or didn't.

Episode 10 was, interesting meeting Saya's Father, thanks for clearing it up that he was a Right Wing guy, I was going to guess Yakuza boss or something like that.

Also my brother came inadvertantly came up with a hilarious idea, "Highschool the musical of the Dead" bwahahahaha!!!1
Old 2010-09-13, 18:22   Link #4330
Midnight Bliss
Radiant as the sun;
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Midnight Bliss
I think both Takashi and Rei didn't fulfill their own part in the promise, Takashi doing it first and Rei following so.

Well, I for one never saw Saeko X Takashi as something serious as the things between Rei X Takashi, but I'm probably biased because I pretty much dislike Saeko plenty. xD
Midnight Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 18:40   Link #4331
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Btw the anime censored the part, where
Spoiler for not really a spoiler:

They learned their lesson from the episode with some korean popular actor or whoever it was...
Actually those are code words which is proper. BUT THEY GOT RC WRONG

RC would make that Republic of China which is the official country name of TAIWAN, hope they didn't strike the east side of the island since my grandma lives there

If they wanted to strike China (which I would have less problem with) it would be PRC.

Shido is in the wrong school, he should be in some school of performing arts
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 18:42   Link #4332
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Bliss View Post
I think both Takashi and Rei didn't fulfill their own part in the promise, Takashi doing it first and Rei following so.

Well, I for one never saw Saeko X Takashi as something serious as the things between Rei X Takashi, but I'm probably biased because I pretty much dislike Saeko plenty. xD
Let me correct you that Rei went out with Hisashi first, before that incident between Saeko and Komuro happened. All bets are off, but if you're going to blame someone, blame Rei first. If you really like the guy you show the guy that you care for him. You don't berate him and insult him, because anyone being done that would feel bad.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 18:53   Link #4333
lightbringer
M9000

So the cat is out of the bag now for Rei and Shido. Flunking a grade because of politics is of course bad, but from the interaction between them you might assume that he raped her or something along those lines - and from what I've read here, the few people who did not read the manga ahead were assuming just that. Well, the rest of the anime/manga makes more sense at least. Mostly
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 18:55   Link #4334
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
So the cat is out of the bag now for Rei and Shido. Flunking a grade because of politics is of course bad, but from the interaction between them you might assume that he raped her or something along those lines - and from what I've read here, the few people who did not read the manga ahead were assuming just that. Well, the rest of the anime/manga makes more sense at least. Mostly
I was expecting a rape between Rei and Shido as well but apparently I was wrong. It was surprising that it was Shido that made Rei flunk a grade, and made her get all depressed and grow an anger on Shido large enough to point something at him and feel like blowing his face off the earth.
Old 2010-09-13, 19:19   Link #4335
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

when i was reading the manga, i thought it was rape too. either way, Rei has problems.. and Saeko. delicious...

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 19:21   Link #4336
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Well if he raped her then Rei already would have killed him at the first sight !
Imo this is what i'll do .

+ before that her Father would have jailed him etc...
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 19:22   Link #4337
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
when i was reading the manga, i thought it was rape too. either way, Rei has problems.. and Saeko. delicious...
This can make anyone laugh

Quote:
Well if he raped her then Rei already would have killed him at the first sight !
Imo this is what i'll do .
Good point...
Old 2010-09-13, 19:33   Link #4338
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Episode 11 Comments

Heh, this was a funny episode overall.
Spoiler for The adult, the snake and a bomb.:

Ooh, looks like the next episode is going to be good just from the previews. I can't wait! Radioactive zombies!!
Old 2010-09-13, 19:39   Link #4339
chickdigger802

emp against zombies? Is it just me not seeing the point? How does taking away electronics affect the enemy that are blind to begin with?

Or is it a side effect from the nuke, kinda like in modern warfare 2?
chickdigger802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 19:40   Link #4340
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Got another gag take, this time buy the mangaka "second hand" who does comedy
Spoiler for size:

Not sure how long that series would last.

[edit]

This came with the latest scans, looks like were were supposed to have another girl in the group: Tomoe Arise. She was supposed to be the one with the IQ and glasses. Her attributes went to Saya instead.

Personally I would have like a short hair girl for variety.
Spoiler for size:

Last edited by Hypernova; 2010-09-13 at 19:57.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, boobs, ecchi, harem, horror, romance, seinen, shounen, zombie apocalypse