AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-13, 16:01   Link #61
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
They're not acting logically in regards to Ichigo anyways, it's just brainwashing and Tsuku's saying all this other baloney to get more Ichi reaction faces.
Yeah, there's something more to Tsukishima's hold over them. I mean, Ichigo's sisters, boss and school friends obviously charmed into believing they're friends with Tsukishima, but they've never even met the Xcution group and yet they're fine with partying with them in a strange mansion (same goes for the secretive Xcution group who are now okay with having normal humans know the location of one of their members). I guess Tsukihima could've altered pasts of the two groups to include memories of each other, but their behavior seems a little weirder than simply having good memories of Tsukishima.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Indeed, but the assumption here is that by commenting on it and saying that it's a bad thing, he's comparing it to a norm which must also mean he's comparing it to other manga. So the pace is factored out if he's reading it at the same pace as other manga.
I have no problem with people saying that they're disappointed because the lack of content made the chapter seem too short. That's an opinion and it's fine. I just can't understand how stating the time it takes you to read a chapter proves anything. It's almost as if people believe attaching some kind of number makes it fact.

The idea that people are comparing how long it takes them to read Bleach to how long it takes them to read other manga is flawed because perception of how time passes easily changes depending on what you're doing. Saying the time it "felt" like means nothing unless you're actually timing how long it takes you to read. And if you're timing yourself, that probably means you're already trying to prove a point, in which case more likely than not, the results will match what you've already convinced yourself the case should be. Whether they realize it or not, simply believing the idea that "Bleach chapters are always too short" is enough to cause most people to change their reading pace to support that fact.

Quote:
Obviously. But that doesn't mean they can't be used as blatant padding as well, which is the accustaion here.
This is completely true, and once again I don't have problem with that accusation. Why not just say that instead of "lol, only took me a minute to read" as if that by itself explains everything.

Anyways. Excuse the rant. It's just something I wanted to get off my chest and I've done that so I'm fine. I'm officially over it now.

Last edited by Sabaku Kyu; 2011-07-13 at 16:12.
Old 2011-07-13, 16:15   Link #62
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
We don't really know Tsuku's motivation. The arrancar arc is done but #7 certainly had some reason in hating Shinigamis. Too bad that's as far as that reasoning went.
There really hasn't been enough time to develop any motivation for the new antagonist and protagonists alike. We know the good guys what to get rid of their power by helping restore Ichigo's... (Right? Wasn't that what started all of this--I've honestly lost track. Please correct me if I'm wrong.)

All we really know about Tsukishima is that he is the bad guy. That is it. Nothing else was explained. You are suppose to dislike him because you know he attack Ishida, Orihime and Chad (and apparently his family, other friends and boss in recent chapters). There are no motives (explained to the audience) of why he would want to do this, except for and stated by felix, his apparent crush on Ichigo. Has Tsukishima been stalking Ichigo his whole life as Aizen did? No one knows because Kubo hasn’t explained a damn thing. All we’re supposed to do is go along with the fact that he’s evil.
Old 2011-07-13, 16:28   Link #63
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Wow is it me or did Tsukishima just give Ichigo a taste of being a side-character like Renji :P
Old 2011-07-13, 17:00   Link #64
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

The manga is not as good for me since Rukia is gone.

Bring back Rukia
Old 2011-07-13, 20:32   Link #65
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
The manga is not as good for me since Rukia is gone.

Bring back Rukia
Yea but did u see the color spread. I am glad Kubo hasn't forgotten about them after all. Kubo you were #1 this week now bring Rukia, Kon ,and Yoruichi back. Show that there was a reason for the color spread.
Old 2011-07-13, 23:39   Link #66
ronin myael
lost ronin

memory alteration? looks like mind control to me. if tsukishima merely altered their memories and forcefully included himself in them, then why do they follow him like dogs? even while he was boasting about his powers they didn't realize what he was doing to ichigo. he has put them in a sort of spell. this is what you call screwing with people's minds. lol
Old 2011-07-14, 01:13   Link #67
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
I have no problem with people saying that they're disappointed because the lack of content made the chapter seem too short. That's an opinion and it's fine. I just can't understand how stating the time it takes you to read a chapter proves anything. It's almost as if people believe attaching some kind of number makes it fact.

The idea that people are comparing how long it takes them to read Bleach to how long it takes them to read other manga is flawed because perception of how time passes easily changes depending on what you're doing. Saying the time it "felt" like means nothing unless you're actually timing how long it takes you to read. And if you're timing yourself, that probably means you're already trying to prove a point, in which case more likely than not, the results will match what you've already convinced yourself the case should be. Whether they realize it or not, simply believing the idea that "Bleach chapters are always too short" is enough to cause most people to change their reading pace to support that fact.
People are probably actually timing themselves considering pretty much all comupters would have the time on the taskbar at the bottom of the screen. And it does make for a good indicator. Not perfect but I'm sure it's not the only indicator people use as well. The idea that demand characteristics would occur when timing is also possible but not neccessarily true either, especially if they know that it can happen. It's also just as possible that there was no bias either.

In any case these...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiisai Kuma View Post
new chpt has been out for the last hour. *is squeelng in delight as is reading it right now*
*5 min later*........ i hate you kubo. ¬_¬
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murasaki View Post
Same here, I read the chapter in like 1 minute.
...do not strike me as some sort of attempt to prove anything. They strike me as general observations that they know they've made.
Old 2011-07-14, 03:11   Link #68
Langus
Optimus Prime

When it comes to reading Bleach and how little content there actually is in each chapter, I end up comparing it to Naruto since that is the only other manga I read on a weekly basis right now.

When I read Naruto I take my time. I sit back, read what each character has to say because it is almost always important to the plot, and study the art.

When I read Bleach I feel like I'm skimming. There is very little text on each page that would require me to spend more than 1.5 seconds reading it. The art is nice, but at this point it looks the same as everything else he's ever done so I don't feel the need to sit back and appreciate it from week to week.

But that's just me. Kubo would do well to put more thought into his dialogue. Everything said should serve a purpose, whether it's character development, plot development or humour. I don't always get that from Bleach.
Old 2011-07-14, 03:50   Link #69
Lendial

absolutely nothing new happened this chapter, its nice to see ichigo so mad though.
Old 2011-07-14, 04:12   Link #70
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Anyway, am I the only one who thinks Ichigo's new "power" is rather weak? I know Bleach ignores power levels in the most contradictory of ways sometimes, but really he's just kind of pathetic at the moment. I miss Zangetsu and Hichigo.
well...plotarmor withstanding, Ichigo basically wtfpwnd Tsukishima's arm before Chad and Orihime showed up.
Old 2011-07-14, 10:50   Link #71
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
In any case these...

...do not strike me as some sort of attempt to prove anything. They strike me as general observations that they know they've made.
Maybe. I think Langus described the frustration readers experience well. I share them so I understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
well...plotarmor withstanding, Ichigo basically wtfpwnd Tsukishima's arm before Chad and Orihime showed up.
Yeah, people miss GT wrecking sh*t though.

Ichigo's fullbring powers at the moment seem exactly like his old shingami powers(super-speed, agility, etc.)...except less. Gotta admit, I did think the Spiderman pose last chapter was pretty cool.

Uryuu, Isshin and Urahara need to arrive soon.

Old 2011-07-14, 11:13   Link #72
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Uryuu, Isshin and Urahara need to arrive soon.
You understand they could have potentially been brainwashed too right?
Old 2011-07-14, 11:18   Link #73
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
You understand they could have potentially been brainwashed too right?
It's possible, but since he's gathered everyone else that he brainwashed, it's probably a safe bet to assume they weren't. Especially considering that glowing hilt Isshin's carrying.
Old 2011-07-14, 11:29   Link #74
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

He gathered everyone else to draw Ichigo in. If Ishin and Sandle-hat were there I doubt Ichigo would come anywhere near the place; no matter how stupid he is at the moment.
Old 2011-07-14, 13:34   Link #75
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

Quote:
People are probably actually timing themselves considering pretty much all comupters would have the time on the taskbar at the bottom of the screen. And it does make for a good indicator. Not perfect but I'm sure it's not the only indicator people use as well. The idea that demand characteristics would occur when timing is also possible but not neccessarily true either, especially if they know that it can happen. It's also just as possible that there was no bias either.

In any case these...

some of us have slow internet connections and it takes a while for one page to load

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Old 2011-07-14, 18:31   Link #76
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Well, there is something new: Tsukishima has an underling with an unknown power.

Better not. I really hope whatever they are doing has nothing to do with the fullbringers at all and is preparation for the next arc.
I wonder if Shishigawra (not sure how to spell his name) will eventually turn on Tsuki like Gin did.

Aren't we all hoping it has something to do with a new arc, but I hope Isshin is really trying to make Ichigo a full shinigami. Remember the future comment. I hope that happens next.
Old 2011-07-14, 19:21   Link #77
Alchemist007
*Author

Actually I'm looking forward to his non-brainwashed self. Though it's not likely to be that different.
Old 2011-07-14, 19:47   Link #78
GreatTeacherKen

That color page reminds me-- whatever happened to Kon anyway? I don't think it's ever been explained, he seems to have just dropped off the face of the earth. Shouldn't he still be at Ichigo's house, unless he left for some reason? I guess Kubo couldn't figure out what to do with him.
Old 2011-07-14, 23:25   Link #79
Excelion

He's pretty active in the anime
Old 2011-07-15, 02:54   Link #80
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatTeacherKen View Post
That color page reminds me-- whatever happened to Kon anyway? I don't think it's ever been explained, he seems to have just dropped off the face of the earth. Shouldn't he still be at Ichigo's house, unless he left for some reason? I guess Kubo couldn't figure out what to do with him.
Nah he just forgot he even existed.