AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2012-03-28, 15:34   Link #2181
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

I love Baroque pop!
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 06:02   Link #2182
AznAndy94
The Unknown Artist

Send a message via MSN to AznAndy94 Send a message via Yahoo to AznAndy94
Just wondering, has anyone bothered to go back to the previous scores to fix up the notes, separate harmonies, add in missing parts (mainly vocals) and sidenotes? When I was tabbing the scores back in the day, I was kind of hoping to get the scores completely digitized word for word, note for note.
AznAndy94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 15:05   Link #2183
trenton_dawn
Silt

By sidenotes, you mean...?

I've always wanted to go back over the old scores and update them, but I don't have the other books and don't know if anyone can provide me with the scans.
trenton_dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 18:02   Link #2184
AznAndy94
The Unknown Artist

Send a message via MSN to AznAndy94 Send a message via Yahoo to AznAndy94
Quote:
Originally Posted by trenton_dawn View Post
By sidenotes, you mean...?
Specifically the keyboard parts. THey tell you what voice to use on the keyboard (e.g. Hit, organ, S.E. (strings), etc.) I know some things are missing stuff like Wah and whatnot as well.
AznAndy94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 18:06   Link #2185
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

that would actually help alot! Sometimes i'm not sure what effects there using (i.e Wah, delay etc) mastering the scores with lyrics and side description would be really cool, and really helpful!
Old 2012-03-30, 19:49   Link #2186
trenton_dawn
Silt

Oh yeah, that makes sense. I'd really like to do it, if anyone has old scans they can dig up just send them my way and I can do it (after I finish the movie score).
Old 2012-03-31, 21:21   Link #2187
trenton_dawn
Silt

Ichiban Ippai is done, all 25 tracks of it. 4 Guitars, 7 synths, 4 brass, 4 strings, a piano...well, only Ohayou, Mata Ashita left, now!

Spoiler for Ohayou, Mata Ashita:

Last edited by trenton_dawn; 2012-03-31 at 22:39.
Old 2012-03-31, 21:32   Link #2188
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Ichiban Ippai is done, all 28 tracks of it. Only Ohayou, Mata Ashita left, now!
Old 2012-04-01, 05:28   Link #2189
trenton_dawn
Silt

Ohayou, Mata Ashita is done. There's something about the last song that gives you a burst of energy to finish up. Also, despite there being a lot of tracks, the composition is a lot thinner than Ichiban Ippai.

Well, that wraps up the tabs for all known K-ON songs! Here's to hoping we have more in the future
Old 2012-04-01, 05:28   Link #2190
LightMusicBand
To the salt mines

Quote:
Ichiban Ippai is done, all 25 tracks of it. 4 Guitars, 7 synths, 4 brass, 4 strings, a piano...well, only Ohayou, Mata Ashita left, now!

Spoiler for Ohayou, Mata Ashita:
wow, 25 tracks. i'm now imagining 25 people playing this single song...

wait speaking of reviewing the older tabs, there are some problems with the vocals of some tabs. i mean, the lyrics. some don't have any (i think the No, Thank You tabs don't have one) some lyrics are on the wrong vocal notes (like Samidare 20 LOVE i think, though it's not a big of a problem. actually tried singing along with this one and noticed the lyrics problem. yeah you heard right. tried "singing" it XDD). only could remember these 2 on the top of my head, because i've worked with them recently. well, these are only minor problems, but i don't know if you guys are perfectionists or not.

wait, speaking of No, Thank You, i did a cover some time ago with a friend i met in facebook. insisted we make this cover, so why not. (plus it's my sad attempt to use the new beta BBCode on something). so yeah, happy April Fools... a present to you guys. (i don't think i'm improving at all. oh well.)

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-04-01, 05:33   Link #2191
trenton_dawn
Silt

The Samidare 20 Love vocals sound fine to me, are you sure they're wrong (of course, I don't have the original score so I could just be remembering wrong)?
Old 2012-04-01, 05:41   Link #2192
LightMusicBand
To the salt mines

the vocal notes are fine. it's the "lyrics" that i'm talking about. just noticed it one time when i was singing along with it (yeah you heard it right again. "singing" it). the lyrics are represented on the wrong notes. though not a really big deal. i just thought that these stuff should be ironed out if you guys want do get back to the past tabs.
Old 2012-04-01, 05:56   Link #2193
trenton_dawn
Silt

Ohhh, I see. Yeah, that's actually something I can fix without needing the score. Let me know if you find any others.
Old 2012-04-01, 12:56   Link #2194
PeepQ
Peep Worshiper

Send a message via AIM to PeepQ
Quote:
Ohayou, Mata Ashita is done. There's something about the last song that gives you a burst of energy to finish up. Also, despite there being a lot of tracks, the composition is a lot thinner than Ichiban Ippai.

Well, that wraps up the tabs for all known K-ON songs! Here's to hoping we have more in the future
Thanks a lot! Hopefully they make another season (and they better!). Go reboot!
PeepQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 19:33   Link #2195
BigSmokeDawg
I play guitar and stuff

Send a message via MSN to BigSmokeDawg
I hope they make another Houkago Tea Time album. I'm kind of unsure if I want them to continue the anime. It all wrapped up nicely at the end of Season 2.
Old 2012-04-01, 22:53   Link #2196
trenton_dawn
Silt

I think it's too soon to talk about another season of the anime. Once the manga chapters get far enough, we'll see if an anime adaptation would have room to stand on.
Old 2012-04-02, 08:17   Link #2197
S332666460

Hey, I have been following you guys for a while and I really apreciate what you guys are doing, so thank you.
I have a question, ok so, me and my friends want to learn a K-ON song but I can't decide on the easiest (I thought Fuwa Fuwa Time was...), intrument wise, we have a bass, which I play, a guitar and a keyboard.
So I would like some feedback as to which song is the easiest overall for these three instruments, for basically a starting song.
Thank you very much in advance.
S332666460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-02, 15:24   Link #2198
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by S332666460 View Post
Hey, I have been following you guys for a while and I really apreciate what you guys are doing, so thank you.
I have a question, ok so, me and my friends want to learn a K-ON song but I can't decide on the easiest (I thought Fuwa Fuwa Time was...), intrument wise, we have a bass, which I play, a guitar and a keyboard.
So I would like some feedback as to which song is the easiest overall for these three instruments, for basically a starting song.
Thank you very much in advance.
Fuwa Fuwa time is more on the difficult level compared too the other songs, I would say Curry Nochi Rice, and Fude Pen ~Buru Pen~ are the less difficult of the songs.
Old 2012-04-02, 17:51   Link #2199
BigSmokeDawg
I play guitar and stuff

Send a message via MSN to BigSmokeDawg
Curry Nochi Rice is certainly pretty easy. I just struggle playing the solo note for note because of how 'loose' it is. To be honest, if you have a wah then you can probably just improvise your way through it.

Fuwa Fuwa Time is pretty difficult in places. Certainly possible though if you're up to it.

Don't forget Let's Go! either, that song was one of the first songs (might've been the first) that I learnt all the way through. Same with Don't Say Lazy, just make sure you nail the muting parts properly.

I wish my mates would play K-on songs with me. I've managed to trick my drummer into playing Fuwa Fuwa Time once. That was pretty interesting lol
Old 2012-04-02, 20:17   Link #2200
trenton_dawn
Silt

Curry Nochi Rice has a moderately tough keyboard solo at the end, is your keyboardist up to it? Otherwise it's a pretty easy song.

Fude Pen Buru Pen is pretty easy.