AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-09-29, 09:43   Link #701
Sumeragi
Banned

Images
Inaban in Love 1
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Images
Inaban in Love 2
Images
We're waiting for you
Images
Kiriyama Yui in Wonderland
Images
This is a bit embarassing
Images
Kako Random
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 10:18   Link #702
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Images
Inaban in Love 2
I've been waiting for that one a looong time

Anyway, sneak peeks of Vol 9 Asu Random Part 1 Illustrations:

Spoiler for Asu Random:

Chances are, more scans will be up in a few days
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 18:27   Link #703
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Just seen Episode 13, while good on it's own, why do I get the feeling that we're missing something? How did Iori jump from that to what she was like at the start of Volume 4?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 19:30   Link #704
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Just seen Episode 13, while good on it's own, why do I get the feeling that we're missing something? How did Iori jump from that to what she was like at the start of Volume 4?
I just watched the episode myself. I think I can answer that.

Rushed pacing. The entire first half failed to deliver the tension of the crisis, and the mini-Iori scene felt really down played (which I blame the cinematography here.) And then the second half, while I really liked adding Inaba to the picture to add to the 'friendship' dynamic, the part where Iori shifts from hesitation to determination at telling HS her final choice felt rushed as well.

In the novel, the signs are all there since Kizu. You see Iori being briefly surprised at Inaba commenting at her 'unleash (which god knows if she really did or not)' being her. And then in Kako, the anime cut out the length of Taichi and Iori's conversation on the 3rd day. Then they also cut out the part where Iori purposely left Inaba and Taichi alone for them two to have some time together. Also, in the novel version of the HS scene, Taichi's demeanor comes off as forcing that he likes her in Iori's face while the anime glorified it by adding Inaba's words of 'friends' to the picture.

All those signs when put together can be seen as she is subconsciously forcing herself to meet others' expectation including her friends. And then the bomb goes off in Michi.

So yeah, while the anime did a fine job in handling Aoki and Yui's resolution, Iori's felt rushed, despite the decent addition of 'friendship' theme.

I also have to say, even in the novel, this arc isn't ranked very high on my list compared to others, mostly because I felt the timing of Iori's family problem and the root of the problem felt a little cheesy (Aoki and Yui's story was awesome though). Then again... given this IS Iori's mother... and that we all know what kind of person Iori is... like daughter like mother. I can't say it's completely illogical.
Old 2012-09-29, 20:04   Link #705
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

So it's not so much of a particular scene or moment that was missing, but rather the sum of all the little things that have gone through 'budget cuts' ?

That's why it would have been nice if Kizu was 4 episodes and this was 4 instead of three; having two episodes on Aoki/Yui and the remaining 2 to build up Iori's tension would have been ideal. Though looking at it in another way, this does give it a more definitive conclusion for the end of the Anime episodes... Definitive as in there isn't too obvious of a plot point left in the air.
Old 2012-09-29, 20:33   Link #706
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
So it's not so much of a particular scene or moment that was missing, but rather the sum of all the little things that have gone through 'budget cuts' ?

That's why it would have been nice if Kizu was 4 episodes and this was 4 instead of three; having two episodes on Aoki/Yui and the remaining 2 to build up Iori's tension would have been ideal. Though looking at it in another way, this does give it a more definitive conclusion for the end of the Anime episodes... Definitive as in there isn't too obvious of a plot point left in the air.
I'm not sure about Kizu... I thought it was slightly dragged, but it didn't think it would be a good idea to compress it to four either.

Then again, they've cut out a LOT of Inaba's struggle while the others were busy confronting Yui (they cut out Inaba shoplifting due to UD, which made her feel even worse. They then cut out the part where she looked at then walked by the club building while the rest are having an episode over junk food in the club room.)

AND they cut out Heartseed's line towards Inaba: "Do you really think human is at its finest form?"

Whatever. I blame budget limitations.

I've always worried that using Kako arc as an "ending" would be problematic, as I really do feel it was one of the weakest arc at its climax aka Iori's trouble. And it sorta came true in a sense. Whatever, I'll just hope that they don't mess up Michi.

Last edited by Lantern; 2012-09-29 at 22:34.
Old 2012-09-30, 02:31   Link #707
s07195
However,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
Whatever, I'll just hope that they don't mess up Michi.
That's the spirit!
Old 2012-09-30, 02:46   Link #708
pudding321

guys, remember this is an anime!! = =

Fan service over minor details...omg definitely
pudding321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 02:53   Link #709
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by pudding321 View Post
guys, remember this is an anime!! = =

Fan service over minor details...omg definitely
It would have been fine if this was something like Dog Days, but since they included serious elements having good fanservice just isn't going to cut it anymore...
Old 2012-09-30, 03:07   Link #710
pudding321

Quote:
It would have been fine if this was something like Dog Days, but since they included serious elements having good fanservice just isn't going to cut it anymore...
Screw them. Sounds like they lost the balance and the correct recipe. They should have made it clear what type of fans they are serving throughout the anime.

I thought it was more on the fan service side so I actually gave it up at the middle of the second arc.

Anyways, when did those teenage elements become serious stuff?

Quote:
The personality exchange was like a storm to us, exposing our agonies one by one. Nevertheless, some agonies that seem terribly huge, when tumbled off to the outside, might be found unexpectedly small and insignificant.
Old 2012-09-30, 03:37   Link #711
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Don't look at me, when I first started out I thought it was going to be a happy-go-lucky love polygon with an actual Threesome pairing...

...I blame a certain character relationship chart for that illusion >.>
Old 2012-09-30, 03:46   Link #712
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Don't look at me, when I first started out I thought it was going to be a happy-go-lucky love polygon with an actual Threesome pairing...

...I blame a certain character relationship chart for that illusion >.>
What character relationship chart?

Oh I guess I could add that the juncture that got me into this series was: THAT groan kick
Old 2012-09-30, 03:55   Link #713
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
What character relationship chart?
This character relationship chart.

Spoiler:
Old 2012-09-30, 04:00   Link #714
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Well that's... mostly accurate I guess except a few minor details in that Taichi x Iori's arrow is missing a 'd' and Chihiro doesn't really 'love' Shino quite yet... But wow when was this even made?
Old 2012-09-30, 04:03   Link #715
Jmac
Sharing my world thru art
*Artist

As good as the anime is, I'm glad I decided to pick up the novels as well. The whole Aoki and Yui problems is much deeper and serious in the latest chapters. Had I gone with the anime with the story, I'd be missing out on a lot of the story that was cut. Good job, Lantern!
Old 2012-09-30, 04:08   Link #716
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
As good as the anime is, I'm glad I decided to pick up the novels as well. The whole Aoki and Yui problems is much deeper and serious in the latest chapters. Had I gone with the anime with the story, I'd be missing out on a lot of the story that was cut. Good job, Lantern!
Thanks

I guess the one good thing I can say about the whole not airing Michi on TV fiasco is that I will have more time to catch up (and slack off) I cringe whenever I feel like I'm missing something important here and there in the anime..
Old 2012-09-30, 04:19   Link #717
Jmac
Sharing my world thru art
*Artist

Quote:
Thanks

I guess the one good thing I can say about the whole not airing Michi on TV fiasco is that I will have more time to catch up (and slack off) I cringe whenever I feel like I'm missing something important here and there in the anime..
No prob :P

I'm guessing Michi is vol. 4? By looking at the illustrations, I'm starting to see why Iori is a volcano about to erupt.
Old 2012-09-30, 04:26   Link #718
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
No prob :P

I'm guessing Michi is vol. 4? By looking at the illustrations, I'm starting to see why Iori is a volcano about to erupt.
Pretty much.

All the signs for Iori's bomb are there in Kako (and arguably Kizu). The anime cut/shortened so many of those scenes I can see why anime viewers would rage at this ending of the arc.

They also altered the encounter with Heartseed Prime.
While I don't mind the anime edition of that scene (it added a lot of emphasis in the friendship idea, which the novel paled in for that scene), the novel version shows yet another factor that adds to Iori's stress.

I'm not gonna spoil you for now. Hopefully I can get the climax chapters done in a couple days. Then you might probably see what I mean. My only hint is, pay close attention to Taichi.
Old 2012-09-30, 22:47   Link #719
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Asu Random one line spoiler.

As expected:
Spoiler:

I'm thrilled.

And of course Inaban and imouto don't get along rofl

Last edited by Lantern; 2012-10-01 at 09:30.
Old 2012-09-30, 23:23   Link #720
pudding321

Quote:
Asu Random one line spoiler.

And of course Inaban and imouto doesn't get along rofl
What...Campione?? - -

What happened to Taichi's harem?

Tags
romance, shounen