AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Sword Art Online - Episode 22 Rating
10 out of 10 : Near Perfect... 71 47.97%
9 out of 10 : Excellent... 39 26.35%
8 out of 10 : Very Good... 18 12.16%
7 out of 10 : Good... 9 6.08%
6 out of 10 : Average... 2 1.35%
5 out of 10 : Below Average... 1 0.68%
4 out of 10 : Poor... 3 2.03%
3 out of 10 : Bad... 2 1.35%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad... 1 0.68%
1 out of 10 : Torturous... 2 1.35%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-12-02, 16:33   Link #181
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
First. And there were repeated allusions to it right up until the fight against Kayaba.
well excuse me princess

jk
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 16:34   Link #182
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Well, I think that I have offended some people with what i said. It was not my intention to do that and i apologize about that. It's just that i can't honestly see what others are seeing.

Now to what I meant with flat characters and flat story. Every character is still the same how they were many many many episodes ago. No character developmet at all. It also doesn't really help that we are not getting any monologes and that we are forced too guess what the characters are feeling and thinking most of the time.
The story in the SAO arc was at least intersting because it had potential. Being trapped in a game where dying in it meant really dying in real life. There were still many flaws how it was handled, like for example that many things were just rusched.
But after the SAO arc ended and the ALO arc started it became nothing more than guy needs to rescue his wife because she will be forced to marry a jerk. Oh and I forgot, his cousin is also in love with him and has not a snowballs chance in hell to get him.
The question for me is what makes the ALO arc good? The great vilain? The deep charaters that were never really developed? Suguha and her doomed sidestory of an onsided romance that has added nothing to the actual plot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Well if Leafa wasn't around noone could have retrieved Kirito's soul from after he was killed and revived him right? I know he would've revived eventually anyway since it's a game but there's a penalty for that and I don't know if Kirito could afford such a thing to happen.
Just replace Suguha with some other girl or guy (that would have ben even better) and he/she could have done the same. The problem here is that Suguha could have ben easily replaced and that would not change anythig at all. Maybe we would have less boob fanservice.
Dauerlutscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 16:37   Link #183
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauerlutscher View Post
Well, I think that I have offended some people with what i said. It was not my intention to do that and i apologize about that. It's just that i can't honestly see what others are seeing.
Nah, you were frank and straightforward but not at all rude. You're fine.
Old 2012-12-02, 16:37   Link #184
GDB

Quote:
First. And there were repeated allusions to it right up until the fight against Kayaba.
Including outright apologizing for it before he started said fight.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 16:38   Link #185
Dr. Casey

I have advanced Alzheimer's, gomen
Old 2012-12-02, 16:47   Link #186
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Just replace Suguha with some other girl or guy (that would have ben even better) and he/she could have done the same. The problem here is that Suguha could have ben easily replaced and that would not change anythig at all. Maybe we would have less boob fanservice.

Because a random new character is totally the way to do it...

Oh wait, isn't Suguha a new character as well?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 16:52   Link #187
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Because a random new character is totally the way to do it...

Nah, she was in episode 1! :k
Old 2012-12-02, 16:52   Link #188
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Nah, she was in episode 1! :k
Lol fair enough
Old 2012-12-02, 17:09   Link #189
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

You know, I thought this was a story about online games and the social aspects thereof, rather than a one-dimensional "hero beats the bad guys" story.

Maybe the complainers signed up for the wrong story?

Anyway, I thought it pretty cool how Suguha was trying her very hardest to not be angry at Kirito. In the end she did get a bit angry at him, but at least she tried.

I'm not saying Kirito did anything wrong. Just that, situation like this makes people naturally inclined to get angry at the person despite them having done nothing wrong.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 17:15   Link #190
Oroboro
Endless Sorceror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post

Anyway, I thought it pretty cool how Suguha was trying her very hardest to not be angry at Kirito. In the end she did get a bit angry at him, but at least she tried.

I'm not saying Kirito did anything wrong. Just that, situation like this makes people naturally inclined to get angry at the person despite them having done nothing wrong.
Yeah, Suguha is pretty clearly just lashing out, the person she's really angry at is herself. She bought too much into her own fantasy, and paid the price when it all came crashing down.

And then Kazuto feels like shit because his little sister is hurting so badly and there's nothing he can do.

It's all very... human
Oroboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 17:16   Link #191
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Nah, you were frank and straightforward but not at all rude. You're fine.
Just in case that i really offended someone.

Quote:
Because a random new character is totally the way to do it.

Who said that a different character should be a new character that just got introduced? What i meant was that Suguha could be easily replaced in this whole arc and nothing would have changed. Except that we would not have wasted so much episodes on this forced and pointless romance thing and we would have less fanservice. I will even go so far and say that if we removed her, the fanservice level in this show would drop by nearly 80% (I know that I'm exaggeratting a little). But i culd not care less about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
You know, I thought this was a story about online games and the social aspects thereof, rather than a one-dimensional "hero beats the bad guys" story.
At the moment, it's exactly that and nothing more.
Old 2012-12-02, 17:18   Link #192
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Who said that a different character should be a new character that just got introduced?
Because clearly the other SAO players would be playing this game long enough

Quote:
What i meant was that Suguha could be easily replaced in this whole arc and nothing would have changed. Except that we would not have wasted so much episodes on this forced and pointless romance thing and we would have less fanservice. I will even go so far and say that if we removed her, the fanservice level in this show would drop by nearly 80% (I know that I'm exaggeratting a little). But that's all that would change.
Okay, go ahead- who should replace her?
Old 2012-12-02, 17:23   Link #193
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Kayaba. Just imagine the reveal!
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 17:25   Link #194
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Because clearly the other SAO players would be playing this game long enough
I don't think that it even matters. Tell me why it could only be her and not someone else?

Quote:
Everyone.
Old 2012-12-02, 17:30   Link #195
Oroboro
Endless Sorceror

Quote:
Kayaba. Just imagine the reveal!
Someone fanfic this now. =o

Quote:
I don't think that it even matters. Tell me why it could only be her and not someone else?
Because half of the ALO arc is Suguha's story. A tragedy surrounding a girl who believes she's the protagonist of a different type of story.

You don't have to like it, and maybe you think the story would be better if it was just Kirito rescuing Asuna, but Suguha herself is a pretty central character to her own story, and that narrative can't just be simply replaced with someone else.
Oroboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 17:34   Link #196
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Just in case that i really offended someone.

Who said that a different character should be a new character that just got introduced? What i meant was that Suguha could be easily replaced in this whole arc and nothing would have changed. Except that we would not have wasted so much episodes on this forced and pointless romance thing and we would have less fanservice. I will even go so far and say that if we removed her, the fanservice level in this show would drop by nearly 80% (I know that I'm exaggeratting a little). But i culd not care less about that.

I'm sorry that that is all you can get out of the story. As others have posted, there's a lot more to it than a hero defeating a bad guy and saving the girl...
Old 2012-12-02, 17:35   Link #197
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Have to say I wasn't looking forward to this. It's been clear from the start that she was going to fall in love with two guys (who happened technically to be the same guy) and get her heart broken twice. Suguha really gave her best effort to hang in there. But after that last realization can't really blame her for not being able to keep a poker face. Even though it's not really Kirito's fault, being upset isn't exactly rational. Just all came out.

Sucks for Kirito who has been desperate to go after Asuna, but now this all comes out. There isn't really anything he can say or do to fix it either. Now Suguha is in pieces and he's got more on his plate than he realized.

On a lighter note, good try by Kirito to charge through the Guardians. Sadly...didn't work. Just too many to deal with while using pretty weak equipment.
Old 2012-12-02, 17:38   Link #198
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
So all you remember is the scenes were Kirito beats the bad guys? I guess you forgot about 20 episodes' worth of content magically?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 17:38   Link #199
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

This helps Kirito's development as well. He always goes about solo, or with Asuna. But what about others? Others are offering their hands to help him, but he just neglects them and rushes Leroy Jenkins style for something or for Asuna. He believed he could beat anything solo-style. But I believe that death against the Guardians will help him realize that he needs to amend for neglecting everything in order to get to Asuna. And that he does need others to help him.

As well as try to make up for leaving Sugu in the dark for what he's been doing this entire time. But it's not his fault though, the blame can't entirely always be placed upon one person's lack of awareness of the situation.
Old 2012-12-02, 17:39   Link #200
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I'm not the one making bold claims that she can be 'easily replaced', and when asked to defend your point the only thing you have to say is...

Quote:
Everyone.
...Solid argument there, truly.