AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2012-09-27, 18:03   Link #1221
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

No problem! Always happy to help a One Piece Fan.
Old 2012-10-01, 00:05   Link #1222
DreGon45
Rouge Encoder

Spoiler for Current manga arc question:

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2012-10-23 at 18:16.
DreGon45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 00:43   Link #1223
forevers247

Do you think Gol. D Roger had a devil fruit? If so, what would it be?I think Gold Roger had a Devil fruit, in my opinion. The first chapter;when he was being executed; He was wearing handcuffs, I dont know for sure but i think it was the sea stone stuff.If this was true, I think the devil fruit would be Water Logia. No one in the series has it yet, right? If someone were to be like a rival to White beard, Who Creates EARTHQUAKES for gods sake. Gold Roger can create tsunamis or something. He can talked to Sea Kings Like Shirahoshi did. Plus, He wouldnt have a problem with the sea if he had the water logia Fruit. So I personally think anyone with the water logia would be pirate king, if they used it right. Who here agrees?
Old 2012-12-17, 01:56   Link #1224
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
So can Haki protect against Black Hole (the dark devil fruit), if Haki can't protect one against the sea?
Old 2012-12-17, 17:04   Link #1225
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
So can Haki protect against Black Hole (the dark devil fruit), if Haki can't protect one against the sea?
Nothing can stop the gravitational pull of the darkness fruit. Haki doesn't shut off DFs; it only bypasses a DF's natural defenses.
Old 2013-01-07, 14:39   Link #1226
mrShady

Does the One piece world have some kind of breast enlarging effect the closer they get to the end of the grand line?
I really don't mind big breasts (or breasts in general), but there is a limit (I just saw some Z film screenshots and it's just insane Nami is going to look like miss chokesondick before she turns 30 with those..... barrels?).
Or is it just me that the more the series progresses the bigger they grow?
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 14:48   Link #1227
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreGon45 View Post
Spoiler for Current manga arc question:
Rokushiki, the style used by CP9, seems to be fairly widespread in the Marines. Most Vice Admirals seem to know it, and they freely teach it to people, for example, Coby.

As for what Doflamingo is trying to accomplish with Ceasar, he's using him to manufacture Artificial Devil Fruits and sell them to people, including one of the Four Emperors.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 14:49   Link #1228
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
Or is it just me that the more the series progresses the bigger they grow?
It's not just you, yes they do. Oda's reason for that is that he just likes large breasts. His art-style changed bit-by-bit over time and ended up giving practically all of his attractive female characters large busts.

To be fair though, such characters in the One Piece world are uncommon considering it's a very male-dominated series and he tends to be a lot more varied and unique with his character designs. The only recurring ones are Nami and Robin themselves really.
Old 2013-01-07, 15:06   Link #1229
mrShady

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
It's not just you, yes they do. Oda's reason for that is that he just likes large breasts. His art-style changed bit-by-bit over time and ended up giving practically all of his attractive female characters large busts.

To be fair though, such characters in the One Piece world are uncommon considering it's a very male-dominated series and he tends to be a lot more varied and unique with his character designs. The only recurring ones are Nami and Robin themselves really.
I get what you're saying but with Nami's recent style change it's become a lot more apparent. It could be toned down a bit if you ask me, it doesn't really benefit their characters either and it's fricking distracting.
Old 2013-01-09, 10:59   Link #1230
mrShady

Completely unrelated to my.. ehm previous question. But is Zoro's back story ever told to any of the crew? All the other members had someone tell the crew what happened to them the only partial exception being Brook who told the crew himself and Zoro's flashback only happened in his head right? Or am I forgetting some scenes? I do know his back story was spread out over multiple chapters/episode in different "arcs". So does anyone know?
Old 2013-01-09, 11:04   Link #1231
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
Completely unrelated to my.. ehm previous question. But is Zoro's back story ever told to any of the crew? All the other members had someone tell the crew what happened to them the only partial exception being Brook who told the crew himself and Zoro's flashback only happened in his head right? Or am I forgetting some scenes? I do know his back story was spread out over multiple chapters/episode in different "arcs". So does anyone know?
I don't think it was revealed to the crew "on-screen" but considering how close they are, it wouldn't surprise me if the crew had a general idea of his past (told by himself ofc).
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 17:16   Link #1232
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

No one knows Luffy's past either.
Old 2013-01-10, 03:07   Link #1233
Zaffy

it depends on what past

you know alot about luffy

the first think you know about luffys past is how he got thet hat it from sinks one of the prites empory that always was in the bar were luffy was and they were teasy him and one day it are coming some bandis and try to prokve a fight with sinks but it dont work and luffy get realy opp set and then he eats the dveil fruit that Shanks left open buy mistake and then they bandits coming again some days after the Shanks prites crew arent there and luffy denfends sinks when the bandis is talking crap about them and then Shanks get angry and then he bandis take luff to the water and drop him there for try to escape but the bandit get eaten buy a big sea monster and then the sea monster go for luffy but Shanks saves luffy and loose his arm and after that when Shanks is about to go back to grand lin he is barrowing he hat to luffy and say when you beacume a strong priate and we me again give me back my hat or something like that

when he was a kid he's grand father garp send him to some mount banditts to make him into to a fine navy soilder there is were he meets ace ... luffy trys to be friend with ace but ace dont wanna a at the start but when they meet the other kid i dont rember name of ... those 3 becoms like brothers and they are traing to beacuse stronger to go out to the sea and all of them wanna be captinse so they desicade after a while that they wont be in same crew after some things happing the blond on set out to the sea frist but he gets shooten down but the centel dragons that would visting that town that day after that some more happing then ace set out to the sea and some years after that luffy set out to the sea

after a while you in the show you gramp starts to talk about luffys father dragon.

and also they talk about in episode that garp left luffy and ace and left them out on a island with out food to destered island it was on the episode when they meat up with cordy and the other dude can rember he' name and when garp tell luffy who he's father
Zaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 04:46   Link #1234
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

many pirates have entered New World since the day of Roger's execution, Yonkou like Shanks, Bigmom and Kaidou are nesting there even before 2 years time skip took place and yet none reached Raftel yet

Could someone explain this to me? I wonder if there are some sort of requirements (like ultra rare Eternal Pose) or events to reach Raftel
Old 2013-01-10, 09:31   Link #1235
mrShady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I don't think it was revealed to the crew "on-screen" but considering how close they are, it wouldn't surprise me if the crew had a general idea of his past (told by himself ofc).
Yeah I can see that happening. However I think it's just odd that everybody knows all about each other and they develop as characters and as a group yet none of this development happened with Zoro (who is probably the most distant of the members, yet the most involved as well). It just strikes me as odd since Oda seems pretty methodical with his character development.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
I don't think anyone knows more than you about that. Raftel is still pretty much a mystery, we were told just 2 things about it: it's at the end of the Grand Line and that's were One Piece is. More than that, we don't exactly know what Big Mom, Kaidou or even Shanks do in the New World. What were we told about their activities? They conquer land (big mom with Fishman Island) and they...I dunno what they do. The only one we know about is WhiteBeard and he is out of the game. Sure we could come up with some sort of theory, but it would be just speculation and not an answer (unless someone remembers something I don't).
Well what we know about Raftel is that Gol D Roger has been there and that Whitebeard wasn't interested in getting there. However we don't know if Roger's crew went to the island (though Rayleigh does seem to know about the island and it's secrets so they might have).

Speculation starts here:
If Roger's crew all went to the island it would also mean both Buggy and Shanks have been there. Neither of them have ever said to have any interest in getting there or being there, Buggy just wants to be rich and Shanks has sailed up and down the world without a care. So I doubt they wouldn't be able to reach Raftel if they wanted to. It could be that the reason Shanks is still a pirate and in the new world is to protect this One piece and it's secrets (He might even have promised Roger). It's also a bit hard to imagine that both Kaidou and Big Mom never got close to Raftel in all those years they are sailing. So either there is some requirement or someone stops them or they don't give a damn.
That's the only thing I can come up with what's possible.
Old 2013-01-10, 15:54   Link #1236
gibits
Endless

Question: what is SAD? Is it the gas?
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 16:42   Link #1237
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaffy View Post
it depends on what past

you know alot about luffy

the first think you know about luffys past is how he got thet hat it from sinks one of the prites empory that always was in the bar were luffy was and they were teasy him and one day it are coming some bandis and try to prokve a fight with sinks but it dont work and luffy get realy opp set and then he eats the dveil fruit that Shanks left open buy mistake and then they bandits coming again some days after the Shanks prites crew arent there and luffy denfends sinks when the bandis is talking crap about them and then Shanks get angry and then he bandis take luff to the water and drop him there for try to escape but the bandit get eaten buy a big sea monster and then the sea monster go for luffy but Shanks saves luffy and loose his arm and after that when Shanks is about to go back to grand lin he is barrowing he hat to luffy and say when you beacume a strong priate and we me again give me back my hat or something like that

when he was a kid he's grand father garp send him to some mount banditts to make him into to a fine navy soilder there is were he meets ace ... luffy trys to be friend with ace but ace dont wanna a at the start but when they meet the other kid i dont rember name of ... those 3 becoms like brothers and they are traing to beacuse stronger to go out to the sea and all of them wanna be captinse so they desicade after a while that they wont be in same crew after some things happing the blond on set out to the sea frist but he gets shooten down but the centel dragons that would visting that town that day after that some more happing then ace set out to the sea and some years after that luffy set out to the sea

after a while you in the show you gramp starts to talk about luffys father dragon.

and also they talk about in episode that garp left luffy and ace and left them out on a island with out food to destered island it was on the episode when they meat up with cordy and the other dude can rember he' name and when garp tell luffy who he's father
I meant the crew.
Old 2013-01-10, 17:24   Link #1238
ellifeedn
Thinker

Was the manga chapter made for the Strong World movie collected into a book?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 18:00   Link #1239
Belise
Rokushiki User
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Nothing can stop the gravitational pull of the darkness fruit. Haki doesn't shut off DFs; it only bypasses a DF's natural defenses.
Does that also go for Shiki's fruit?
Belise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 18:38   Link #1240
Iamis

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibits View Post
Question: what is SAD? Is it the gas?
SAD is the stuff needed To make the Artificial Devil fruits

The gas That the Slime turns into is called H2S
Iamis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
q&a