AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2006-12-12, 03:03   Link #281
JaneSame
T-today J-Juniah!

I got two funny stories:

I found this Article in Maxim about Steve Irwin and his stingray. Apparently this Sting Ray is still on the loose. Read On!

__________and______________
This interview is hilarious. If you like Borat, check it.
Borat Interview
Kazakhstan’s premier cultural ambassador — who may or may not be Sacha Baron Cohen — dishes on the hottest in Uzbek prostitutes.

Is it hot in here, or is it just you?
It is a nice temperatures. I am very comfy. It is great honor to be in a room with a chairs and windows made from glass.
more here...
JaneSame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-13, 12:08   Link #282
Green²
It's bacon!

Health officials back circumcision in AIDS fight

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16184582/

Quote:
Circumcising adult men is an effective way to stop transmission of the virus that causes AIDS. NBC News has learned that the National Institutes of Health will announce at Noon ET Wednesday that two clinical trials in Africa have been stopped because an independent monitoring board determined the treatment was so effective that it would be unethical to continue the experiment.

What is a circumcision you might ask? Fortunately for all, I do have a video that explains on how this all goes.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...4&postcount=54
/mirror should be still working.

And a personal note to the NIH:

*clears throat*

YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!!!
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-13, 12:13   Link #283
ImClueless
Rawr

It could be that in an area of the world where circumcision is rare, the uncircumcised men simply got laid more, since the women are like "whats wrong with your @#$%^&?".
ImClueless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 08:26   Link #284
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Bizarre and fascinating story - 'World's tallest man saves dolphin'
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 01:49   Link #285
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashibaka View Post
I knew it. Damn they're going to be sending out the Goth Loli squad equipped with knives eventually and people will powerless to stop them when they strike a cute pose, cause they'll all be like "Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh Kawaii" and then they'll knife em to the throat. A couple of years ago I thought it would be mobile suits, but a goth loli squad would be cheaper and only slightly less effective in that it will remove the enemies will to fight, but won't be quite as fast or sweeping.

Or more likely everything could just end up becoming like that Kappa Mikey show I saw on TV the other day.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-23, 13:51   Link #286
msgpoisoning

Rosie vs Donald Trump Ordeal

How it all started: Trump to Miss USA: You're not fired - CNN.com

Rosie's response to above: YouTube - Rosie O'Donnell Makes Fun of Donald Trump

Trump's response to Rosie's bash on him: YouTube - DONALD TRUMP VS. ROSIE

Rosie's response to Trump's response: YouTube - Rosie's Response To Donald Trump on "The View"
msgpoisoning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-26, 02:14   Link #287
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/science....ap/index.html

And they catch a giant squid.Slippery.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-29, 23:43   Link #288
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The End for Hussein

At 06:05 a.m. (local time; December 30th) in Baghdad, Iraq, deposed Iraqi president, Saddam Hussein, was executed by hanging, followed by his half-brother, Barzan al-Trikti, and Awad al-Bander for crimes against humanity.

BIBLIOGRAPHY.
Saddam Hussein Executed.- MSNBC.

Iraqi Dictator Saddam Hussein Executed.- CNN.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-30, 20:43   Link #289
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,240159,00.html

Ouch
Old 2006-12-30, 21:32   Link #290
Green²
It's bacon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
That's... bad. And even worse for her, the National Institutes of Health is going to be after her, in that she robbed them of years of study and hard work.
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-31, 08:11   Link #291
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Human skull found on Mars

http://www.shoutwire.com/viewstory/4..._Found_on_Mars

Now I haven't done too much research or dwelled into this subject that much so ill let ya discuss it. I found that one image of the waste land of mars isn't enough to convience me that they really found one.

Official NASA image of it. (Im gonna have to link it from the NASA page till my connection better up for photobucket to load, which will be tomorrow)

http://origin.mars5.jpl.nasa.gov/gal...P2425R1M1.HTML or

Spoiler:

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Old 2006-12-31, 08:36   Link #292
martino
makes no files now

Photoshopped...

Most likely. They just want more funding from the White House...
Old 2006-12-31, 08:37   Link #293
EtherNEZ
AIR is good for you

Well , I was beginning to wonder if they'd ever find evidence of my ancestors....

Let's just say - it's amazing what you can make out with light, shadow and rocks and a very thin atmosphere.

I'd expect any thing remotely like a skull would ever survive on the surface of Mars for very long at all considering the rather, ah, violent dust storms that regularly occur...

Anyway, surely the obvious conjecture would be that it's a Martian's skull???. We're doomed!! Doomed I tell ye!
EtherNEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-31, 08:38   Link #294
Syaoran
Inactive Member

Old picture from the early days of those little mars robots. Has been proven to be a rock formation. No big deal.

How could people even live there anyway? No oxygen, little to no water, temperatures around -50°C kinda chilly outside ^^'
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-31, 13:49   Link #295
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syaoran View Post
Old picture from the early days of those little mars robots. Has been proven to be a rock formation. No big deal.

How could people even live there anyway? No oxygen, little to no water, temperatures around -50°C kinda chilly outside ^^'
Just because it it like that now doesn't mean it was like that millions of years ago. I wouldn't be surprised if our planet ends up looking like Mars one day. I also wouldn't be surprised if there actually are Human remains on Mars. We screwed up that planet and moved to this one only to screw this one up as well.
Old 2006-12-31, 23:31   Link #296
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino View Post
Photoshopped...

Most likely. They just want more funding from the White House...
Not photoshopped, as it's there in the image on NASA's site, but a trick of shadows. Kind of like the supposed face from that viking image. Of course if someone wants to believe it's a skull even taking them there to see it in person won't change their mind. Not to mention kind of expensive just to prove a truth they won't believe anyway.

Anyway there is evidence of water once existing on mars, which brings up the possibility of life. Of course we all know what the existance current or past of life on mars means, precious space oil! With oil supplies dwindling on earth, we have a whole new planet to exploit, without any concerns of environmental contamination.
Old 2007-01-03, 17:03   Link #297
Kensuke

This is very cool. I want to try that!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTRbRrqRs7Y

More info about that craft: http://www.innespace.com/
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 08:45   Link #298
Gibilterra

Flour In Condoms Sent Her To Jail

Quote:
A College Student Spent 3 Weeks in Jail After a Field Test Said She Was Carrying Drugs. She Filed a Lawsuit.

She was a freshman on an academic scholarship at Bryn Mawr College, preparing to fly home to California for Christmas, sleep-deprived, with questions from a calculus exam still racing through her head.

In the space of a few hours on Dec. 21, 2003, Janet Lee landed in a Philadelphia jail cell, where she would remain for three weeks, held on $500,000 bail and facing 20 years in prison on drug charges.

All over flour found in her luggage.

"I haven't let myself be angry about what happened, because it would tear me apart," Lee said. "I'm not sure I can bear to face it... . I'm amazed at how naive I was."

That naivete, she said, began whn screeners at Philadelphia International Airport inspecting her checked luggage found three condoms filled with white powder. Lee laughed and told city police they were filled with flour. It was just part of a phallic gag at a women's college, she told them, a stress-reliever, something to squeeze while studying for exams.

The police didn't find it funny. They told her a field test showed that the powder contained opium and cocaine.

A lab test later proved the substance was flour - and no one now disputes that Lee is innocent, including the prosecutor.

But the case returned to the courts last week as Lee filed a federal civil-rights lawsuit against city police. The lawsuit seeks damages for pain and suffering, financial loss, and emotional distress.

Capt. Benjamin Naish, a spokesman for the Police Department, declined to comment, noting that the department rarely comments on litigation. Cathie Abookire, a spokeswoman for the District Attorney's Office, also declined to comment.

Lee's lawsuit seeks to answer a central question: Why did the police field test initially conclude that the white powder contained drugs?

Her lawyers, former prosecutors David Oh and Jeremy Ibrahim, say there are two possibilities: Either the field test was faulty or someone fixed the results.

Ellen Green-Ceisler, who directed the Police Department's Office of Integrity and Accountability from 1997 to 2005, called Lee's case highly unusual. Field tests are rarely wrong.

'Almost Never Happens'

"I've looked at thousands of these cases, and in the context of trained narcotics officers, it almost never happens," she said. "The whole issue will come down to the field test. Was the officer trained? Was the test contaminated?"

Ibrahim said he waited to file the lawsuit until last week, on the eve of the end of the two-year statute of limitations, because Lee needed time to process what happened.

"She was devastated emotionally," Ibrahim said, noting that the event became a minor scandal among her Korean American family and friends. "She lost significant face with this event."

Many records in the case are still confidential, not yet accessible even to Lee's lawyers. What is undisputed is that she was detained at the airport shortly before she was to board a plane to Los Angeles. Court records confirm her arrest and three-week detention on drug charges. Records also confirm why prosecutors dropped the charges.

Lee, who is now a junior comparative-literature major at Bryn Mawr, gave the following account in an interview this week.

Just before she was to board the plane, someone called her name on the public-address system, and she reported to the ticket counter.

An officer told her that she had something in her luggage that shouldn't be there.

"I was like, 'Is it my curling iron? Because it's metal?' He was like, 'No, something else.' "

The officer asked about the white powder in the condoms.

They were filled with flour, she said, and were silly stress-relief contraptions that she had made with classmates as part of a freshman rite of passage in her Main Line dorm.

'It's A Girl Thing'

"I tried to explain that it was a joke, a gag gift for friends. It's a girl thing. I said, 'You squeeze them to reduce stress.' "

Police stared skeptically. They took her to the Southwest Detective Division, where they tested the powder. Lee figured it would be sorted out soon.

"Mostly, I was worried because I had missed my flight, and now I had to make up an excuse to tell my parents."

When the detective returned, he said the powder tested positive for opium. Police returned her to her cell. "I started hyperventilating," Lee recalled. "The detective was very nice, and said he would test again."

The result was the same.

She said that someone came by her cell and read her an arrest warrant, which mentioned amphetamines. Then police fingerprinted and photographed her. She called her father but couldn't quite express herself through her tears and panic.

"A detective gave me a hug because I was crying so hard," she said.

Police put her into a van for the trip to court. She said she overheard talk about "a kilo."

"Up to that point, I still thought it was a joke, that someone was trying to teach me a lesson," she said. "I was telling everyone my story, and no one believed me - except the people locked up inside with me."

Because the amount of powder was so large, Lee faced 20 years in prison. A judge set bail at $500,000. He also mentioned something about cocaine.

"That's when it sunk in that they were serious," she said. "I said, 'I didn't do it. It's flour.' No one listened."

At that point, having just finished her finals, she had been up for four straight days, she said. "I'm the kind of person who can sleep anywhere or eat anything, but I stopped eating and sleeping," she said.

Later, she hit a bit of luck. A prison guard recognized her from a Bryn Mawr volunteer job at Overbrook High School and took pity on her. The guard told Lee that she believed her and that the whole thing was probably racial. The guard got her a trashy romance novel to help kill time.

Lee acted tough to protect herself. She did modern-dance moves to keep limber. Inmates saw this and gossiped: "Everyone thought I knew karate because I'm Asian." She certainly didn't discourage the stereotype.

Inmates saw the high volume of visitors and figured she was important. Again, she did not discourage the notion. She did not tell her cell mates that the visitors were actually volunteers from Catholic churches in Philadelphia who had taken up her cause.

The volunteers helped her hire Oh.

"I believed her story because things just didn't add up," Oh said. For one thing, Oh said, the field tests were odd because they detected the presence of not one drug but three.

"People don't mix drugs like that," Oh said.

First, Oh contacted Bryn Mawr and confirmed that Lee's dorm mates had, in fact, made the condoms together during a pre-exam session they call a "hall tea."

Then, Oh said, he called Assistant District Attorney Charles Ehrlich, who agreed to expedite laboratory tests. Ehrlich also agreed to help seek reduced bail, Oh said. A day after the new test came back and confirmed that the substance was flour, Lee was released.

She flew home first class.
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・
Excuse me,I think this is completely oddness judge for me・・・・・・・
Or is it a natural judge for america?
Gibilterra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 18:30   Link #299
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Hahaha, It's funny how they did the test on the white powder and it turn out that the powder isn't what it was thought to be ^_^.

Old 2007-01-18, 02:23   Link #300
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Canada's Pillow Fight League

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/canada_pillowfights_col

The Canadian's now have a League for Pillow fighters ^_^. We should all sign up.

Tags
humor