AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2014-05-22, 11:45   Link #281
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Enjoyed the movie very much. It's really a different experience to watch the movie after playing the game. All the familiar scenario, the dialogues and OST, just plain fun to watch. The only issue is the final battle...it sorta dragged to make it to dramatic, and the way they finished the fight after discovering the weakness was sorta lame. I was expecting Narukami Yu level of beatdown

Thanatos is as badass as usual. Looking forward to the next movie, in about half a year time
Old 2014-05-22, 15:30   Link #282
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

This caught me by surprise

Igorzilla!!
Old 2014-05-22, 15:33   Link #283
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

lmao.

one underrated thing was how they shot the Velvet room scenes. It felt like the actual game, like Igor was actually talking to you. Was well done. Did it in P4A too.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-22, 15:58   Link #284
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I'll say the strongest point of the movie is definitely the high production values, the visuals and soundtracks were top notch and a welcome from the lackluster performance from the Persona 4 Anime (Golden looks to remedy that).

Makoto is definitely a different 'silent' protagonist than Yu- He's obviously more 'damaged' than Yu and I feel that this would be more of a story of him 'fixing' himself than it is of him 'fixing' other people's problems.

I can look passed the pacing issues given how much they had to condense, but I wish they would do a better job hyping up the battle scenes- For all of P4A's abyssmal production values, they always managed to get be hyped up for a big fight.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 21:23   Link #285
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Enjoyed the movie very much. It's really a different experience to watch the movie after playing the game. All the familiar scenario, the dialogues and OST, just plain fun to watch. The only issue is the final battle...it sorta dragged to make it to dramatic, and the way they finished the fight after discovering the weakness was sorta lame. I was expecting Narukami Yu level of beatdown

Thanatos is as badass as usual. Looking forward to the next movie, in about half a year time
Personally, I thought some of the characters started with bad impressions and I thought the movie was going to be terrible until that moment. The scene made the characters redeemable.
psycho bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 05:41   Link #286
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The animation was a lot better than P4, but this much was a given since this is a movie after all. One thing I liked over than the P4 adaptation is that the characters used weapons to fight the shadows just like in the game, instead of constantly relying on their personas to the point of using them like pokemons. I liked that the MC didn't solo everything too. Taking down the toughest shadows required teamwork.

The personality they've given Makoto is good. His inability to give a single fuck and his one liners were rather entertaining. It fits the way he is portrayed in the game, although I don't think he was ever that cold (but he's already getting better).

The lack of social links hurt, but that was expected. P3's main storyline is strong enough to do without them, as opposed to P4.

Very much looking forward to the next movies. There are lots of great stuff I want to see animated.
Old 2014-05-24, 06:54   Link #287
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The animation was a lot better than P4, but this much was a given since this is a movie after all. One thing I liked over than the P4 adaptation is that the characters used weapons to fight the shadows just like in the game, instead of constantly relying on their personas to the point of using them like pokemons. I liked that the MC didn't solo everything too. Taking down the toughest shadows required teamwork.
That reminds me. Didn't the movie say that the cast can harm them because they're using special made weapons? Was that bit really in the game? Didn't they get weapons from a police officer who "smuggled" it to them? It would explain why the P4 cast don't use their weapons though.
Old 2014-05-24, 07:10   Link #288
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
That reminds me. Didn't the movie say that the cast can harm them because they're using special made weapons? Was that bit really in the game? Didn't they get weapons from a police officer who "smuggled" it to them? It would explain why the P4 cast don't use their weapons though.
I don't remember that being in the game. In both P3 and P4, the cast buy normal weapons.
Old 2014-05-24, 10:02   Link #289
Soji

Nothing was said about special weapons in p3,p3fes,p3p or p4,p4g.
The only things that the story told us are: Only Persona user can defeat shadows and only Persona user can use the special ability that the weapons have(p3fes).

That's why I'm surprise about this.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 10:51   Link #290
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I suppose it's to avoid anyone asking the question "If any normal weapons work why do we need personas?" etc.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 12:31   Link #291
DGDCOne
Memoria Vice Captain

The movie is good but one thing caught me off guard is Elizabeth is here in Velert room.0_0

I'm so hyped for the 2nd movie!8-)
Old 2014-05-24, 12:45   Link #292
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGDCOne View Post
The movie is good but one thing caught me off guard is Elizabeth is here in Velert room.0_0

I'm so hyped for the 2nd movie!8-)
Did you forget she was?
Old 2014-05-24, 15:18   Link #293
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I don't remember that being in the game. In both P3 and P4, the cast buy normal weapons.
In the game they actually start with random stuff they find (like replica decoration swords and Yukari's archery club gear) so yeah, it's an addition to the movie. Another thing that I didn't particularly like (but it's no big deal) is that they completely turned the effect the Dark Hour has on people upside down: in the game it takes a massive tool on the person tiring them faster but in the movie it does the opposite and enhances natural abilities. It kind of took the urgency of Fuuka's rescue down a notch because of it

Overall I found the movie a tad underwhelming: the fights didn't feel particularly hyped and they really made Makoto out to be a grade A d-bag where he wasn't quite as much in the game. But I can't really fault the movie too much for it since the game didn't really get into gear until Fuuka came around and that felt like it took ages in the PS2 game so it's a flaw from the source material more than the adaptation.

Btw I liked how they added the social links for "flavor" in the background. They really don't have time to idle about like a TV serious would have so that's a way to give a nod to fans of the franchise.
Old 2014-05-27, 10:21   Link #294
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Did you forget she was?
It's possible they played Persona 3 with the female protagonist, where Elizabeth iirc is not in the Velvet room as there is some male dude instead.

Good movie in overall and I'm glad they didn't condense more than that into one movie so the watch was pretty enjoyable. The combat was okay, but summoning personas felt like it lacked some '' impact '' as opposed to the game, except for couple of the Yuki's scenes. Yuki himself felt way more cold in the movie, but I personally enjoyed this more. As someone else said, his one-liners and not giving a fuck was pretty amusing. Besides since he was mostly a silent protagonist in the game, you can only speculate how he was at the beginning.
Old 2014-05-27, 12:05   Link #295
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

^Oh yeah, I was only counting the vanilla there. Whoops.
Old 2014-05-27, 23:46   Link #296
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

This... was actually a great adaptation!
Much more coherent than P4's anime.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-07, 01:51   Link #297
EroKing

Old 2014-06-07, 08:58   Link #298
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

P3 Movie 3 is called Falling Down. And im sure fans can guess who appeaes in the end credits for Movie 2.
Old 2014-06-19, 10:24   Link #299
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Definitely way better than my expectation
Yes some changes were made from the original game, but It's all for the better

Loved Yuki remarks about Mitsuru's weakness = Fire (LOL, fanservice for the P3 player)
They also gave Yuki and Yukari characters a "problem" to be solved, which is also good change from the game...giving the relationship between those two more contexts
and Yes, if you're cold hearted dude like P3 Protag, of course not everyone will automatically like you...and they are spot on to address this problem

Overall, It's well paced and better in character development department compared to the P4 already...can't wait for the second and third movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
I was disappointed a bit at the end, that Yuki wasn't to take them out by himself alone but have to relied on Junpei and others to do so. I guess I'm too used to fighting only by myself in Tartarus when I split my team. Though I have to say Yuki's ability to not give a F at the beginning is truly remarkable to say the least.
in the game, I won't rely to any of my teammates with that ridiculously stupid AI
Old 2014-06-20, 15:22   Link #300
Nerroth
NePoi!

If Persona Q is indeed canon (as alleged here), I wonder if the pacing of these movies could be such as to allow a PQ adaptation to be slid in between two of them?

(In theory, one could have a Yuki-viewpoint version of PQ's events here, and a Yu-themed version happen between later episodes of the upcoming P4G adaptation.)

Or have the movies already passed the point at which the supposed PQ connection point would take place?