AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 39
10 out of 10: Amazing... 6 17.14%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 5 14.29%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 13 37.14%
7 out of 10: Good... 8 22.86%
6 out of 10: Average... 2 5.71%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 1 2.86%
4 out of 10: Poor... 0 0%
3 out of 10: Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 0 0%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-07-09, 08:02   Link #81
ReddyRedWolf

monster I suggest you watch this B5 clip.

Ezelcant basically wants a Vorlon ending using Shadow tactics.

Kio should say to him "Get the hell out of our galaxy!".

Last edited by ReddyRedWolf; 2012-07-09 at 08:12.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 08:03   Link #82
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Also Durandal was TOTALLY different. For one, Durandal just wanted to see a world where everyone did what they did best and no one's potential to go unwasted.
It was also supposed to solve the jealousy issue by making the decision process fair.

And as we know, wars in CE happened because the naturals were jealous of the coordinators, for the most part anyway.

See, at least Durandal's intention had something to do with the status of CE.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 08:11   Link #83
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

@monster

well your trying so hard to make Ezelcant become a good leader for the vagans, you want Ezelcant to make his people focus on surviving rather than focusing on war and stop deluding his people to reclaim earth for themselves

but seriously how many leaders are like what you dream of? even in real life selfish politicians/leaders outnumbered real public servants, almost all politicians are just tricking the public for their personal gains
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 08:11   Link #84
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I'm not sure.

I mean, what do we actually know about the world before the UE appeared?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 08:14   Link #85
ReddyRedWolf

Durandal was Social Darwinist using eugenics to classify people for his quasi-communist utopia.

Those that don't agree well they die of a massive beam weapon.

Why do you think Ezelcant has one in orbit of Earth?
Old 2012-07-09, 08:16   Link #86
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0x View Post
@monster

well your trying so hard to make Ezelcant become a good leader for the vagans, you want Ezelcant to make his people focus on surviving rather than focusing on war and stop deluding his people to reclaim earth for themselves

but seriously how many leaders are like what you dream of? even in real life selfish politicians/leaders outnumbered real public servants, almost all politicians are just tricking the public for their personal gains
I'm not expecting anything of Ezelcant other than to try to fit his surroundings.

Simply put, war was not a huge problem until he made it that way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I'm not sure.

I mean, what do we actually know about the world before the UE appeared?
We know that the Federation wasn't actively developing weapons. That's a sign that the world of AGE was relatively peaceful.
Old 2012-07-09, 08:20   Link #87
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I'm not expecting anything of Ezelcant other than to try to fit his surroundings.

Simply put, war was not a huge problem until he made it that way.
exactly and this episode clearly shows that Ezelcant is a selfish politician/leader just like most politicians/leaders are too

he clearly started this war to make his dream come true, all the personal background checks for Ezelcant is just justifying his selfishness as a leader, he clearly stated he has no plans to reclaim earth for his people the vagans, the vagans for him are just another tool for him to obtain his true goal
Old 2012-07-09, 08:28   Link #88
monster

Quote:
exactly and this episode clearly shows that Ezelcant is a selfish politician/leader just like most politicians/leaders are too

he clearly started this war to make his dream come true, all the personal background checks for Ezelcant is just justifying his selfishness as a leader, he clearly stated he has no plans to reclaim earth for his people the vagans, the vagans for him are just another tool for him to obtain his true goal
As I said before, I have no problem with any of that.

My problem is, again, the fact that Ezelcant thinks eliminating war is so important to the future happiness of humanity over anything else when war is not even a big deal in his time.
Old 2012-07-09, 08:34   Link #89
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
My problem is, again, the fact that Ezelcant thinks eliminating war is so important to the future happiness of humanity over anything else when war is not even a big deal in his time.
well its because of EXA-DB's existence, a collection of war technologies nothing more

and its amazing how a disruptive (superior) technology like the EXA-DB can make people think they are god or they become more greedy/selfish leaders like Ezelcant has become, again looking at the personal background check of Ezelcant he seen people die especially his son died too, that became the trigger for him to use EXA-DB to start the war and become one big deluded/selfish leader

if EXA-DB did not existed i bet Ezelcant would give up the idea of starting the war

while typing this it reminds me of how the USA is scared of disruptive technologies from other countires too
Old 2012-07-09, 08:54   Link #90
monster

Quote:
well its because of EXA-DB's existence, a collection of war technologies nothing more

if EXA-DB did not existed i bet Ezelcant would give up the idea of starting the war
While the EXA-DB allowed Ezelcant to put his plan into effect more quickly, I don't think it's what got him started on it. After all, Ezelcant was talking about the entire history of human conflicts.

And besides, didn't Asem say that Ezelcant happened to have discovered part of the EXA-DB after his plan has been set in motion?

Last edited by monster; 2012-07-09 at 09:05.
Old 2012-07-09, 09:08   Link #91
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
While the EXA-DB allowed Ezelcant to put his plan into effect more quickly, I don't think it's what got him started on it. After all, Ezelcant was talking about the entire history of human conflicts.
well without superior weapons Ezelcant would not be so deluded (twisting human conflict on his mind) to start the war, no wars can start without better weapons, and the EXA-DB gives those super weapons on Gundam AGE Universe, without superior weapons Ezelcant and the vagans will just go for suicide so if they got no better weapons they wont risk starting the war at all

Quote:
And besides, didn't Asem said that Ezelcant happen to discover part of the EXA-DB after his plan has been set in motion?
i do not think so all military technologies and weapons of Vagans derived from EXA-DB that is what i remember clearly
Old 2012-07-09, 09:14   Link #92
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:

And besides, didn't Asem say that Ezelcant happened to have discovered part of the EXA-DB after his plan has been set in motion?
Ezelcant discovered a portion of EXA-DB 10 years before the first shot of the war at Colony Angel.

So he has been in power for more than 80 years. This war is already 70 years.
Old 2012-07-09, 09:27   Link #93
monster

Quote:
well without superior weapons Ezelcant would not be so deluded (twisting human conflict on his mind) to start the war, no wars can start without better weapons, and the EXA-DB gives those super weapons on Gundam AGE Universe
He doesn't have to be an active participant, he can always stir up conflicts from the shadows.
Quote:
i do not think so all military technologies and weapons of Vagans derived from EXA-DB that is what i remember clearly
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Ezelcant discovered a portion of EXA-DB 10 years before the first shot of the war at Colony Angel.

So he has been in power for more than 80 years. This war is already 70 years.
Okay, it wasn't Asem, but Zeheart in episode 35, who said that Ezelcant was already investigating the Federation when he discovered the EXA-DB. So at the very least, Ezelcant did already have some kind of a plan before even knowing of the EXA-DB's existence.

The only question is whether the EXA-DB accelerated his plan, modified it in some way, or completely changed it. I guess we're getting somewhere.
Old 2012-07-09, 09:39   Link #94
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

according to Wikia
EXA-DB (well part of it) was found by Ezelcant on = 84 A.G.
and the start of Vagans attack is from = 101 A.G.
http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/EXA-DB
http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Advanced_Generation

and ill just quote my last edit on my previous reply
Quote:
without superior weapons Ezelcant and the vagans will just go for suicide, so if they got no better weapons they wont risk starting the war at all
Old 2012-07-09, 09:57   Link #95
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Hm.. While I don't necessarily disagree with everything you're saying, I wouldn't use the word "tools" for Ezelcant's disposition towards the Vagans. He honestly DOES want what's best for humanity, Vegans and Earthers alike.

He just.. Has a warped view on 'what's best' and on how to achieve it.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 10:14   Link #96
monster

Quote:
and ill just quote my last edit on my previous reply
They may not risk facing the Federation head on, but who knows what Ezelcant can and will do if he's determined and resourceful enough.
Old 2012-07-09, 10:35   Link #97
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
They may not risk facing the Federation head on, but who knows what Ezelcant can and will do if he's determined and resourceful enough.
your making this kids show more complicated than what it shows lol
by that reply of yours i like to read what you can do as Ezelcant if your so determined and resourceful enough

maybe you can make a better gundam story for Ezelcant that is more complicated/awesome but at the same time can be understood easily by kids
Old 2012-07-09, 10:37   Link #98
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
just watched

1st impression of Ezelcant plan -> similar to Durandal Destiny Plan where only the chosen people to live

i say Age-3 is the most under usage Gundam in the Age universe, almost each wear is like 1-2 episode before phase out? Unless Flit can make good use to upgrade?

Kio is going be Kira Yamato on the no kill policy....
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 10:48   Link #99
monster

Quote:
your making this kids show more complicated than what it shows lol
Well, the show doesn't really show much. So any speculation to try to fill the gaps could potentially add complexity.

But that's not really the point.
Quote:
by that reply of yours i like to read what you can do as Ezelcant if your so determined and resourceful enough
My reply specifically states that we don't know what could've happened. How does that turn into me knowing what could've happened?
Quote:
maybe you can make a better gundam story for Ezelcant that is more complicated/awesome but at the same time can be understood easily by kids
What for? I'm not a fanfic writer.
Old 2012-07-09, 11:44   Link #100
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

I wouldn't say Ezelcant is Evil, he's more broken than anything. We only know his plan at the current point in time of the series, but I bet it went through stages. He may have been after revenge at one point, or genuinely trying to lead his people back to Earth but then he lost faith in humanity and came up to the conclusion that the only way to change humanity was through such a radical plan.

Like the saying goes, the path to hell is paved with good intentions.

The guy is not a monster, but he is definitely on the wrong track. I think they were trying to show this aspect with the flashback and him not finishing Kio off and being distraught.

His plan is nothing new though, it's actually very similar to the Destiny plan, with hints of Master Asia and Treize.

Tags
weekly episode discussion