AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-29, 16:20   Link #41
ShenL0ng

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex
Maybe the Philosopher's Stone by passes this punishment by offering one of the souls contained within as penance. This may explain why it deteriorates with use.
What sonhex says is probably right. The stone is already made of humans lives so the rule of equvalant trade is still there. The stone acts as a prison for the souls when ever you do alchemy with it you free a/few soul(s).
Old 2004-08-29, 20:02   Link #42
archange

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
I alo thought about that, but in this case, this stone isn't really what they expected (a way to avoid equivalent trade), but just some sort of credit card which gives you a certain amount of possible transmutations... not really as good as expected...
yes it's most likely that. being made with human lives gives it a very high trade value, but it's not infinite
Old 2004-08-29, 22:35   Link #43
Fei-san
Monkeykyou Sharingan

Quote:
Originally Posted by epyon96
When was he in the openning?

EPYON
question is more like, when didnt they show him in the 3rd opening
Old 2004-08-30, 00:56   Link #44
epyon96

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR
Well, he was featured quite proeminently on the third opening, so I guess that answers your question as to when...
Oops I made the mistake and confused your "opening" as the openning of the gate.

EPYON
Old 2004-08-30, 17:16   Link #45
rorosama

WTF! Envy knocked down pride!? He's making craters now! I thought that little prick was the weakest. Now he's doing this. Must be why greed was a lil scared of him. I guess when he fights ed, it won't be so easy now.
Old 2004-08-30, 20:09   Link #46
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Uh, the Envy thing is kind of getting carried away in my opinion. He's not personifying his name at all.
Old 2004-08-31, 00:20   Link #47
ArbalestAS

i made a post about envy's meaning of his name or whatever before somewhere...if you wanna check it i think it's here.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...621#post283621

it's teh ep. 44 thread, the 6th page, #112 i think

anyway, tell me what you think, eh? it kinda makes sense, but still it before everything is being covered, since this was just a prediction.

edit - just noticed some things about the preview. what's that thing that happens with ed and wrath??? looks like ed's shooting something out of his arm and there's a flash, and wrath has something sticking out of him?

edit 2 - don't get why Sloth could die?????? ed doesn't know that array that lyra/dante used on greed with the caduceus or whatever, unless izumi just recently taught it to him? i thought only the remains paralyzes the homunculus? wouldn't she still have the phil's stones in her???
Old 2004-08-31, 00:27   Link #48
gangsta905_04
AnimeSuki's #1 criminal

Send a message via MSN to gangsta905_04
dante doesnt give a shit about any of the homuculus...why?...if she did she woodve used the fragments of the stone to turn each homonculus into a human
Old 2004-08-31, 00:47   Link #49
LightsEternity

I think Dante doesn't want to turn them human because they'll lose their usefulness. I mean why give up like 6 ultimate fighting machines that almost never die. She's probably keeping them around so she can get more and more philosopher's stones.
Old 2004-08-31, 06:04   Link #50
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArbalestAS

edit - just noticed some things about the preview. what's that thing that happens with ed and wrath??? looks like ed's shooting something out of his arm and there's a flash, and wrath has something sticking out of him?

edit 2 - don't get why Sloth could die?????? ed doesn't know that array that lyra/dante used on greed with the caduceus or whatever, unless izumi just recently taught it to him? i thought only the remains paralyzes the homunculus? wouldn't she still have the phil's stones in her???
Remember Scar's arm? How it absorbed the red crystals whenever they were near him? I reckon if Al touches or gets close to a Humonculus he'll absorb their vital red crystal/Philosopher's Stone. If this happens Ed will easily kill Sloth, providing he can figure out how to get round the water thing...
Old 2004-08-31, 12:21   Link #51
Rattus
Nibbling on the drywall

That was before the complete Philosophers Stone was formed...

It seems if you use the PS in a transmutation, you're offering the lives of the people who went into creating it as payment for equivalent trade. So it doesn't really give you free transmutation, just a substitution for payment.
Old 2004-08-31, 12:32   Link #52
Antonik

Quote:
Remember Scar's arm? How it absorbed the red crystals whenever they were near him? I reckon if Al touches or gets close to a Humonculus he'll absorb their vital red crystal/Philosopher's Stone. If this happens Ed will easily kill Sloth, providing he can figure out how to get round the water thing...
sounds good sounds good, would that mean his stone would gain more power?
Old 2004-08-31, 12:43   Link #53
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonik
sounds good sounds good, would that mean his stone would gain more power?
Possibly. Though, at the risk of debunking my own theory, Scar has fought Lust and Gluttony before and his arm didn't asborb the red crystals from them. However as Al is the complete PS he may be able to do this and gain power/repair the damage caused by using it.

Ed's still got to find away to get the PS from Al though, as he'll vanish if he uses it up. Perhaps doing the reverse of what Scar did and offloading the PS onto someone or something else...
Old 2004-08-31, 12:52   Link #54
Antonik

Quote:
Possibly. Though, at the risk of debunking my own theory, Scar has fought Lust and Gluttony before and his arm didn't asborb the red crystals from them. However as Al is the complete PS he may be able to do this and gain power/repair the damage caused by using it.

Ed's still got to find away to get the PS from Al though, as he'll vanish if he uses it up. Perhaps doing the reverse of what Scar did and offloading the PS onto someone or something else...
ahh too many theories, doesnt seem something they could fit in the episodes left :-/
Old 2004-08-31, 14:05   Link #55
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

The easiest solution is Ed just create a body for Al and affixing Al's soul to the new body. But I guess Ed refuses to use the Philosopher's Stone because of it is powered by the lives of people.

Although I sympathize with Lust and hope that she can become human, I have to say my favorite Sin is definitely Envy now, he's just so cool, and he's not submitting to anyone's command
Old 2004-08-31, 14:19   Link #56
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

I guess the simplest solution to kill Sloth is to paralyze her and just keep slicing the bitch until she's dead. She's only got a finite amount of lives, she's already lost perhaps 2, so Ed's just got to keep going until she does her Wicked Witch of the West impression...
Old 2004-08-31, 15:55   Link #57
avmoghe

wow!! Best episode in the series I would say!! Plenty of information.. I need to watch it again.
Old 2004-08-31, 16:08   Link #58
Illumina

this is an awsome episode... just like all other ones of course

I hope lust dont die and become human, since now she is 'good'. But it seems that her death is just inevitable. In the preview there is also a scene where Lust is bent down sweating, prolly from the locket/hair/necklace thing, and wrath with a pose of cutting her head off. Well, if lust and sloth both dies, thats 4/7 left. And we are left with a old man, little kid, fat@$$, and guy that look like a girl.

And i believe its Al+Sloth/Lust thats holding hands, with nina in the background. It could be still in the lab with sloth and they r enjoying a little mother-son 'reunion.'

Also, does humoculus remember their past life? Cus Lust definatly did not remeber completely her past life, such as Scar's real name. But Envy did remember hohenhiem as his father, wierd.
Old 2004-08-31, 18:06   Link #59
gangsta905_04
AnimeSuki's #1 criminal

Send a message via MSN to gangsta905_04
and sloth did remember ed and al whu created her
Old 2004-08-31, 19:20   Link #60
devilpim
Galvanic Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illumina

Also, does humoculus remember their past life? Cus Lust definatly did not remeber completely her past life, such as Scar's real name. But Envy did remember hohenhiem as his father, wierd.
I think they don't really remember everything about their past life, only some part of it. Lust also remmeber something about her past life, but not all.
Closed Thread