AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-26, 23:56   Link #1141
Dark Paladin X

dub cast announced

Just to let you guys know that the dub cast has been recently announced:

Quote:
ALICE Terri Doty
LIST Micah Solusod
MAJOLIKA Lindsay Seidel
MOMOKO Stephanie Young
NARRATOR Luci Christian
NEKO Jerry Jewell
RINGO Monica Rial
RYOKO Brina Palencia
RYOSHI Joel McDonald
SUZUME Alexis Tipton
TARO Todd Haberkorn
YUKIME Lydia Mackay
Source: http://www.funimation.com/rojas/blog...cement/2064051
Dark Paladin X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 11:04   Link #1142
kevs926

i just hate that stupid rape scene

it's the first time i heard that "otaku rage" but i guess this explains what im feeling right now

i just hate those events that happens in anime, and i dont know how to figure out which anime contains them.

in my opinion i went "otaku rage" on these animes:

Ookami-san
Chrno Crusade (a whole lot of otaku rage)
iriya no sora
Kaichou wa maid-sama (that hitsujikai dude looks a lot like the one in this series, and they're both student council presidents, not to mention that i recently watch kaichou and finding another romance anime w/o these kind of stuff. those villains needs to have their balls smashed, honestly)

and almost every fucking anime where the bishoujos are alone in dangerous situations

OTAKU RAGE definitely words it well
kevs926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 11:15   Link #1143
Mazryonh

Any word on a second season for this anime yet?
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 04:38   Link #1144
xAdversus
スーパー素晴らしいカメラマン!

^
I think it's up in the air right now, to be honest. I'm not sure whether it was extremely popular or not. Though, I enjoyed it quite a bit.

They might want to release DVDs and see how well the sales go before they decide to start a season 2. I think that's why they kind of played with the final's ending like that.

The only think that kinda irked me was the slow character development between Ryoushi and Ookami. I really wanted more between the two. Pretty unsatisfied with the ending.

Also your local Northern California photographer.
xAdversus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 14:52   Link #1145
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Paladin X View Post
Just to let you guys know that the dub cast has been recently announced:
I hope Brina Palencia can live up to or exceed Shizuka Itou's performance in the Japanese dub. Itou did some nice non-verbal sounds as Ryouko (such as when Ryoushi surprises her in episode 5 or when she turns around to punch him in the face in episode 9) that I think would be hard to replicate or sound reasonable in English. The translators will probably replace them with short words, like having her say "What?!" in the first case and "Why you . . . !" in the second.

Also, wasn't there some videos of interviews of the Ookami-san Japanese cast a while ago? I can't find them anymore; there was a nice one showing a group interview featuring the seiyuus for Ryouko (who described Ryouko's outfit as "Long Hair, Long Skirt, Nice style!"), Ringo, and Ryoushi. Does anyone know where that can be found now?
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-03, 23:46   Link #1146
Pepsi-Cola

Location: Somewhere between the North Pole and the South Pole.
Where can I buy this...

I don't know if this has been covered already in the post but I didn't want to read through fifty-one pages of text just to check -_- I simply would like to know if there is a place where I can buy or read this series online. I've found only the first chapter of the manga and nothing on the light novel. I would prefer an online site to having to go and buy it at a store, as I live a bit away from the nearest major book retailer. However if there is no other option I'm willing to accept it. I liked the anime quite a bit, despite the lacking ending and romantic development, so I'd really like to see how the book stands up. Finally, one last piece of information. I need it translated into English. I'm studying Japanese at the moment in my free time, but am no where near ready to read anything serious. Thanks in advance to those that help.
Pepsi-Cola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 22:08   Link #1147
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepsi-Cola View Post
I don't know if this has been covered already in the post but I didn't want to read through fifty-one pages of text just to check -_- I simply would like to know if there is a place where I can buy or read this series online. I've found only the first chapter of the manga and nothing on the light novel. I would prefer an online site to having to go and buy it at a store, as I live a bit away from the nearest major book retailer. However if there is no other option I'm willing to accept it. I liked the anime quite a bit, despite the lacking ending and romantic development, so I'd really like to see how the book stands up. Finally, one last piece of information. I need it translated into English. I'm studying Japanese at the moment in my free time, but am no where near ready to read anything serious. Thanks in advance to those that help.
You can easily watch the full series (with complimentary ads, of course ) on the Funimation streaming site.
Old 2012-04-07, 01:21   Link #1148
Pepsi-Cola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
You can easily watch the full series (with complimentary ads, of course ) on the Funimation streaming site.
Yes, I realize this, and have watched the series. If you didn't understand from my question I want to know where to buy the LIGHT NOVEL or MANGA. Sorry if that seemed rude I just want my point clear. If you know where I can buy the light novel or manga please tell.
Old 2012-04-27, 20:59   Link #1149
Pepsi-Cola

I don't like to repost questions but it's been more than three weeks since someone responded to me. Does anyone know where I can buy the English translated light novel or manga? I really want to read either one but I'm flying blind here. I have a suspicion that this thread might've died on me though. *sigh*
Old 2012-05-25, 22:01   Link #1150
HimeaSaito

The last volume of the light novel came out... so does anyone know what happen??? How did Shiro relation with Ryoko go?????
HimeaSaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 12:18   Link #1151
iCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by HimeaSaito View Post
The last volume of the light novel came out... so does anyone know what happen??? How did Shiro relation with Ryoko go?????
I'd like to know this as well...
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 22:47   Link #1152
Siphine
The Dreamer

So I know that there is probably not a second season of the anime adaptation but i just want someone else to say it other than myself because i don't want it to end

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Siphine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 18:15   Link #1153
Kudryavka

What were all the episodes where Akai Ringo and Usagi Mimi cuss each other out and use censored words?
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 22:57   Link #1154
Takua5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudryavka View Post
What were all the episodes where Akai Ringo and Usagi Mimi cuss each other out and use censored words?
That would be episode 3.

Are there any interesting things that happen in the novels after the anime ending?
Old 2013-08-02, 07:13   Link #1155
Tigarekkusu

i,m interested in it
Tigarekkusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 13:26   Link #1156
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
I get the feeling I enjoyed this show much more than I should have, but that's not really saying much. It's okay, but can be frustrating to watch since it does show itself to be better than it normally is. More thoughts below...
Spoiler for Length:
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 07:26   Link #1157
Stardust_BlueSpark3578

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akito Kinomoto View Post
I get the feeling I enjoyed this show much more than I should have, but that's not really saying much. It's okay, but can be frustrating to watch since it does show itself to be better than it normally is. More thoughts below...
Spoiler for Length:

I read it all and I agree with you, the only thing that bothers me that the show Can be better and can be build-up. I really enjoyed it and to be honest it's one of my favorites, and so I was upset of how things went on. If things went well and it got a second season(hopefully), I would like to see them make it better and develop the character in a more serious mode(without the narrator saying everything), and keeping the laughter and enjoyable moments as well, and I guess if those things happen, the anime will get back it's charm and even become more popular.

Despite all the problems it have, I still think it's an amazing anime and there were parts were they nailed it, the character were enjoyable to watch(again, I wanted them to develop), and the story does have a nice plot and this plot can be developed nicely with just some ideas. So the fact that the anime itself despite all that manged to attract some attention and could attract more when they work on is a great thing, so I really hope for a second season to make the anime prove itself.
Old 2016-10-02, 00:14   Link #1158
Ratedhook522

Can somebody explain in full details how the light novel ends exactly since it was never translated.
Ratedhook522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-02, 10:17   Link #1159
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

You don't get any details, but the answer is over here.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-03, 19:42   Link #1160
Top Sergeant

Just finished this series. It was hilarious! That narrator really made the show.

And the cameos by the girls from Railgun and Toradora was GREAT!!

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen