AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-20, 22:50   Link #4321
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigemperor View Post
Did everyone know that chiaki kon was also the director of nodame contabile paris-hen? (the second Season of the anime) the first Season of nodame was AN AMAZING ADAPTATION MADE BY Kenichi Kasai (was also the director of honey and clover) but then when the director change in the second season to chiaki kon the adaptation changed and was VERY RUSHED skipping a lot of parts of the manga, EXTREMELY inferior to the first season.
I have to say, the Junjou Romantica anime was almost word-for-word from the manga (save for the icha-icha stuff being taken out for censoring purposes...) and it was directed by Kon, so I think it may just have to do with the fact that she's not a very experienced director and can't handled much more than a simple romantic-comedy, which she can excel at. Who puts these people in charge, anyway?
Old 2009-12-21, 01:05   Link #4322
Kite22
Wielder of the Bracelet

Send a message via AIM to Kite22
I don't know, I did think trying to get all 4 Episodes into 1 season was foolhardy on DEEN's part but I don't think it in itself is a terrible idea. A competent Director/Studio and a handful more episodes and adapting Episodes 1-4 into a single season wouldn't go to badly. I of course never expect a PERFECT adaptation (I hate the idiots who use that as some excuse to bash a VN player) I understand that some things would need to be cut/shortened and depending on how it was done I would be fine with that, DEEN on the other hand is just terrible since they cut just about EVERYTHING.
Old 2009-12-21, 02:16   Link #4323
geovanny1991

What do you guys think are the odds of an OVA being made for all the extra tips being made? Or, in the likely case that its shortened, the Ep4 tea party being extended as a dvd bonus of sorts? Am I being too hopeful for even thinking the possibility of this?
Old 2009-12-21, 02:21   Link #4324
Westlo
Lets be reality

I really hope they change the effect for the red and blue too not be full screen in this episode.. it's not too bad when they only say a few lines but the extended red and blue exchanges is just going to look horrible imo. They really should've thought of this when they decided to do it in this way. Of course it's only going to be 5 mins tops instead of the 10 it should be but still..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigemperor View Post
Did everyone know that chiaki kon was also the director of nodame contabile paris-hen? (the second Season of the anime) the first Season of nodame was AN AMAZING ADAPTATION MADE BY Kenichi Kasai (was also the director of honey and clover) but then when the director change in the second season to chiaki kon the adaptation changed and was VERY RUSHED skipping a lot of parts of the manga, EXTREMELY inferior to the first season.

Isn’t it obvious that chiaki kon is the responsible for the horrible adaptation of umineko?
Unfair, Paris was given 11 episodes, if you look at the noitama time slot you'll see that no show has received over a cour since the first Nodame season. No matter who directed Paris it was going to get rushed if you want to see a reasonable ending of some sort. Also it didn't help that the paris arc in the manga is inferior to everything before it too.
Old 2009-12-21, 02:21   Link #4325
MarthX

Highly unlikely. DEEN isn't the type to expand on stuff.

They could have been smart and extended fan favorite scenes in the DVDs to boost sales but nope, they were lazy.
Old 2009-12-21, 02:29   Link #4326
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by geovanny1991 View Post
What do you guys think are the odds of an OVA being made for all the extra tips being made? Or, in the likely case that its shortened, the Ep4 tea party being extended as a dvd bonus of sorts? Am I being too hopeful for even thinking the possibility of this?
I wish, but I doubt it. They couldn't even make reasonable extras for their dvds - both extras on Note 1 had reused animation with different dialogue. Like some type of Umineko Hell fanvideo only with the actual series VA's. And then they complain about not selling enough dvds 9_9
Old 2009-12-21, 02:38   Link #4327
Westlo
Lets be reality

I hear they didn't even fix animation mistakes on the dvd/blurays, true? I know SHAFT drop the ball a lot with their tv versions of shows but they always fix and improve their dvd releases. Pity not every company is like that.
Old 2009-12-21, 03:03   Link #4328
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

The question then becomes: If I gave DEEN a blank check, will they use this money to fix their animation errors?
Old 2009-12-21, 03:08   Link #4329
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

They clearly don't care much about the people who give them money, so I doubt it...
Old 2009-12-21, 19:17   Link #4330
immblueversion

I HAVE JUST COME UP WITH A WONDERFUL IDEA.

So wonderful, in fact, that even I find it too good to be true and am almost convinced it will never happen, but here it goes:

Spoiler:

I don't think I've ever been more predictable, insane, and/or brilliant.

Praise me or pity me, I leave it to you.
Old 2009-12-21, 19:33   Link #4331
Marion
The Great Dine

Except animes getting a movie is VERY rare. Only popular animes reach such a point (Haruhi Suzumiya is suppose to be getting a movie sometime in 2010 I think). It costs a lot more to make a full length movie than to produce an episode as well. I doubt it.
Old 2009-12-21, 19:34   Link #4332
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I hear they didn't even fix animation mistakes on the dvd/blurays, true? I know SHAFT drop the ball a lot with their tv versions of shows but they always fix and improve their dvd releases. Pity not every company is like that.
Well they did uncensor some parts (making the faces in the shed more clearer). Although most of the major censoring only comes up in episode 8, which is the mosaic first twilight of EP 2.
Old 2009-12-21, 20:08   Link #4333
Escargotage
I want to believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
The question then becomes: If I gave DEEN a blank check, will they use this money to fix their animation errors?
More money to give Bern some knockers for Chiru. ;]
Old 2009-12-21, 22:27   Link #4334
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Well they did uncensor some parts (making the faces in the shed more clearer). Although most of the major censoring only comes up in episode 8, which is the mosaic first twilight of EP 2.
Maybe then will the DVD sales gain a slight boost. I mean, it's only a month away.
Old 2009-12-21, 22:34   Link #4335
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
I HAVE JUST COME UP WITH A WONDERFUL IDEA.

So wonderful, in fact, that even I find it too good to be true and am almost convinced it will never happen, but here it goes:

Spoiler:

I don't think I've ever been more predictable, insane, and/or brilliant.

Praise me or pity me, I leave it to you.
Wouldn't a movie be even shorter than an arc in the anime?
EP1 got 5 episodes, which comes to about 100 minutes.
This would make EP3 and EP4 even more condensed unless they go for a super long movie or something... which Marion already mentioned is very expensive. ^^;

Old 2009-12-23, 00:03   Link #4336
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Sp guys just about 12 hours left before the grand finale. Any thoughts and comments before the collective fanrage/fangasm begins?
Old 2009-12-23, 00:08   Link #4337
Arachanox
Trust the red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Sp guys just about 12 hours left before the grand finale. Any thoughts and comments before the collective fanrage/fangasm begins?
I'm praying for the latter.
Old 2009-12-23, 00:41   Link #4338
MarthX

Fanrage is inevitable.
Old 2009-12-23, 00:44   Link #4339
Arachanox
Trust the red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX View Post
Fanrage is inevitable.
Pessimism happens to not be optimistic.
Old 2009-12-23, 00:46   Link #4340
MarthX

Even if DEEN miraculously did a good job. It could never live up to what the VN did and fans would still chastise it. Expectations are too high.
Closed Thread