AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-04-27, 16:36   Link #13301
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Uhh.....actually the election is pretty rubbish this year. Because nobody has forwarded a plan on how to tackle the upcoming hyperinflation, they are just lounging around with empty words. Besides,

Man who disclosed intent to burn voting slip, ballot box arrested

Quote:
SINGAPORE - The police have arrested a 32-year-old Singaporean man for posting remarks on the Internet about his intention to burn his voting slip and a ballot box on Polling Day.

Acting on information received, officers from Ang Mo Kio Police Division arrested the suspect at his residence in Ang Mo Kio on Sunday. Investigations revealed that the suspect was also believed to have posted a comment which was suggestive of causing hurt to Members of Parliament.

The suspect, who made his first post early last month, was arrested within a week of the police being notified.

"Those who make such remarks online and think that they can hide behind the anonymity of the Internet are mistaken. Police will investigate such reports and spare no effort in taking the culprits to task," said Criminal Investigation Department director Hoong Wee Teck.

The police treat threats of violence to the conduct of the electoral process and threats of violence against persons seriously, he said.

The suspect could face a charge of Communicating an Electronic Record Containing Incitements to Violence.

If convicted, he can be jailed up to five years, or fined, or both.
I am actually surprised, and glad that despite the mountain of bureaucracy and bullshit the Singapore Police Force operates under, they are able to get work done efficiently like this.

A Singaporean's right to vote is slowly turning into a liability. No wonder we have some people who wanted to burn ballot boxes - funny that none of the contesting politicians issued a statement to address the issue.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-04-27, 17:07   Link #13302
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Uhh.....actually the election is pretty rubbish this year. Because nobody has forwarded a plan on how to tackle the upcoming hyperinflation, they are just lounging around with empty words. Besides,

Man who disclosed intent to burn voting slip, ballot box arrested

I am actually surprised, and glad that despite the mountain of bureaucracy and bullshit the Singapore Police Force operates under, they are able to get work done efficiently like this.

A Singaporean's right to vote is slowly turning into a liability. No wonder we have some people who wanted to burn ballot boxes - funny that none of the contesting politicians issued a statement to address the issue.
what is he protesting?
Old 2011-04-27, 17:22   Link #13303
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
No.... but its "bread and circuses" diversion for the rather large 'tin foil hat' population we have in the US. Some of my family in Texas were "birthers" at first... I shut them up by suggesting they try to get their "official" marriage certificate from the state of Texas. Guess what... nothing exists except for one line in a public database text file. Then I accused them all of faking their marriage because they couldn't produce a certificate.
I'm not sure some of them are clear on the notion that Hawaii is a state with one of the 50 stars on the flag (statehood in 1959).
Just to be sure, that didn't convince any of them that their marriages actually were fake, right?
Old 2011-04-27, 17:29   Link #13304
flying ^

Obama COLB raises more questions than it answers.

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/....1fcb1fd970c-pi

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?po...94&findnew#new

NOTE: 720p clip

Last edited by flying ^; 2011-04-27 at 17:47. Reason: Use thumbnails when posting huge images!!
Old 2011-04-27, 17:40   Link #13305
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
She needs to learn that when something is going on that involves an officer, you keep your hands OFF of him during that situation. The second she grabbed his uniform, all bets were off.
Imagine that exact same situation, except she had a dick inbetween her thighs. Do we really think such a fuss would still be kicked?

(p.s the first sentence means its a dude in the same situation)
Old 2011-04-27, 17:41   Link #13306
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying ^ View Post

I knew it wouldn't dissuade birthers, but seriously. They need to give it a rest already so they don't look any stupider than they already do. I've probably said this before, but I'll say it again. If Obama was not born in the US, there is a conspiracy that has been ongoing since at least the year of his birth grooming him to be president. A conspiracy that is responsible for getting his birth announcement in several Hawaiian papers, meaning they had already infiltrated the Hawaii state government and likely the US government as a whole. If it's true that Obama was not actually born here, we have far bigger problems.It means the presidents of the US are selected decades in advance by an underground cabal and democracy is in fact a lie. If one believes Obama was not in fact born in Hawaii, one by default believes that as well, as it's the only way it could happen.
Old 2011-04-27, 17:46   Link #13307
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

One must wonder, that if there was so much conspiracy around the time of Obama's birth to make him look like an American citizen...

Why didn't they just arrange to have him born in the United States?
Old 2011-04-27, 17:48   Link #13308
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
One must wonder, that if there was so much conspiracy around the time of Obama's birth to make him look like an American citizen...

Why didn't they just arrange to have him born in the United States?
Trolling purposes.
Old 2011-04-27, 17:50   Link #13309
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Trolling in 1960? Only the Soviets were good at that (see Space program)
Old 2011-04-27, 18:01   Link #13310
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Trolling in 1960? Only the Soviets were good at that (see Space program)
it was Skynet
Old 2011-04-27, 18:18   Link #13311
GundamFan0083

Quote:
She needs to learn that when something is going on that involves an officer, you keep your hands OFF of him during that situation. The second she grabbed his uniform, all bets were off.
Actually the Atlanta PD have opened up an investigation into the officer's conduct and the girls involved in the incident have gotten a lawyer.
I guess there maybe a class-action lawsuit brewing.

http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/atto...ve-926236.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
No.... but its "bread and circuses" diversion for the rather large 'tin foil hat' population we have in the US.

Heinlein's Future History series (written in the mid-20th century) predicted this to some extent calling this era the "Crazy Years"... of course, in his future history, the US fell into a fundamentalist religious dictatorship for a century after it. Can't utterly deny that possible scenario ...
The problem with the "tin foil hat" types IMO is that they're taking a thread of truth and twisting it into what they want it to be rather than letting the information lead them to a proper conclusion.

I've always maintained that the "Patriot movement" is 40% truth, 40% absolute nonsense, and 20% unknown.

In so far as this "birther" thing, it would seem to be utter nonsense to me.
I thought the FEC checked for a candidate's eligibility for the Presidency during the election cycle.

Considering that when Obama was born a babtismal certificate (that's all I ever had) was good enough to get a driver's license and/or a job in some states, I'm not surprised if he doesn't have a state issued birth certificate.
Things weren't so damn strict or rigid back then.

Therefore, I agree Vexx, this is becoming a "dog-and-pony" show and is certainly red-meat for Obama's opponents.
Same thing happened with McCaine.

I see it as all a needless distraction by both sides.

Also, I hope Heinlein was wrong.
I can't imagine living in a Christian Theocracy...I'd rather die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
This birther thing is an issue of retards and very likely - racists. Always has been.

I remember watching McCain's speech when he conceded the 2008 election. The audience there have been very very vicious about McCain losing. From the get-go, it was an outright harsh rejection of Obama as President. So, they have been begrudging ever since.

He would be either removed or end up resigning as President. Then, he may be viewed as the Democratic comparison to Richard Nixon (only in terms of resignation).

Well, many many Americans are known to be geographically challenged and could possibly forget about Hawaii.
Honestly I think most of the anger against Obama is due to his policies and his associations.
In particular his Health Care law which 46% of Americans would like to see repealed according to Gallup

I think that, and many other issues, is why people are looking for anyway to get this guy out of the Presidential office, and nullifying his election due to him possibly not being a citizen was one avenue.

His race has very little (if nothing) to do with it, unless you're talking about the nutjobs over at Stormfront...then...well, you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying ^ View Post
Obama COLB raises more questions than it answers.

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/....1fcb1fd970c-pi

Oh c'mon...really?

I watched this clip on Youtube and the latest comment has got to be totally bupkiss.

by RexLuscat:
Quote:
Could tell me why the version downloaded from the White House has NO security set. According to the Document Properties data in Acrobat Pro, it was created on 4/27/11 at 8:09 AM and the PDF Producer was Mac OS X 10.6.7 Quartz PDFContent. When you look at the Additional Metadata info it states that the producing application was Preview, an Apple Macintosh specific application.

Does the Hawaii State Department of Health uses a Mac for creating birth certificates for non-presidents?
I mean, if this thing really is a fake then we Americans need to clean house in Washington...I just can't believe any Administration would be that stupid, nor the FEC that laxidasical as to allow a foreign national to become President.
Obama has got to be a natural born US citizen...otherwise, we in trouble.
Old 2011-04-27, 21:32   Link #13312
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
what is he protesting?
The political system being shitty. Voting is compulsory and tracked by our national ID.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-04-27, 21:49   Link #13313
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Is compulsory voting really such a big deal?

It takes a fraction of your time that compulsory education does.
Old 2011-04-27, 22:10   Link #13314
FateAnomaly

It takes very little time to make the vote. ( I didn't even have to queue the last time i had to vote) If you don't like either party, just make some deliberate mistake to void the vote. And you get a holiday to boot. What the guy intend to do is just plain stupidity.
Old 2011-04-27, 22:21   Link #13315
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Is compulsory voting really such a big deal?

It takes a fraction of your time that compulsory education does.
Yeah, vote an idiot up, and he screws up the place (e.g Wisconsin, US).

The problem is that all the politicians are pandering to the people of MY year of birth, namely 1988 because of the Dragon year baby boom. My lot is a rebellious and mostly highly educated lot, but as usual, 80+% are the same "consumer-type" bunch who don't do their research before buying or doing something important.

Every generation contribute significantly to the bread and circuses bunch of the society. And the opposition is pandering to that group - I wonder how many of my age are level-headed enough to drop an empty or spoilt vote into the box; the banners around my area are subversive at best with slogans like "give them people's pressure".

I have yet to see any of them address to the issue of incoming hyperinflation with a workplan, and Straits Times is being a bitch for not publishing my email to their forum. I think I would have better odds in the future if I start saving up for air tickets for my mum and me out of this place if shit hits the fan.

For an average Singaporean, whatever policy they implement shouldn't affect our lifestyles much, unless :

1. Mediacorp is privatised
2. GST is raised (at a time like this? Please don't tell me we are going to pump money into Malaysia like what Germany did to PIGS!)
3. SGX merges with ASX.
4. Income tax rate is raised.

I am for compressing government organisations to become flatter with more frequent rotations for higher ranking officials - especially MCYS. They should take out the goddamn "C" if the people they hire are not interested in pushing through bureaucracy or risk their jobs to get aid out to the needy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
It takes very little time to make the vote. ( I didn't even have to queue the last time i had to vote) If you don't like either party, just make some deliberate mistake to void the vote. And you get a holiday to boot. What the guy intend to do is just plain stupidity.
He is just pissed. Like a minority in my age group (23 this year, born in 1988) who see that almost every single player in the political field are just throwing straw men and red herrings. Even the 30% increase in food prices report on MyPaper Frontpage yesterday did not falter their retarded positions and stance of mudslinging each other; and the political blogs are not helping them see the impending shitstorm either.

@ TRL : You should have called your colleagues blown that goddamn article up to font size 14 and headline size 24.

Old 2011-04-27, 22:31   Link #13316
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
Actually the Atlanta PD have opened up an investigation into the officer's conduct and the girls involved in the incident have gotten a lawyer.
I guess there maybe a class-action lawsuit brewing.

http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/atto...ve-926236.html
And that proves your point how? If you actually had a clue just how sue happy American society has become, and how politically correct police have had to become in response, it would make your head spin.

Bitch got what she deserved and it's a shame I can't be a jurer on that guy's case.
Old 2011-04-27, 23:26   Link #13317
GundamFan0083

Quote:
And that proves your point how? If you actually had a clue just how sue happy American society has become, and how politically correct police have had to become in response, it would make your head spin.

Bitch got what she deserved and it's a shame I can't be a jurer on that guy's case.
Don't you think you're being a bit harsh?
My point is that the cop went overboard.
You don't punch a unarmed woman that's half your size in the face as a man unless you're a total pussy, and that's what this "professional' Atlanta cop looks like.
I don't know what it's like out where you're at, but here in Denver, that kind of behavior by the police isn't tolerated.

Two Denver police officers fired in videotaped LoDo beating case

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingne...839?source=rss

As police become more bullish with the citizenry, the citizenry becomes more violent with them.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...police-deaths/

That's a trend that needs to stop, and cops beating up on woman isn't going to help curb this trend.
In fact, having a "the bitch got what she deserved" attitude is exactly what will escalate hatred between the police and the populus.
Old 2011-04-27, 23:48   Link #13318
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
He's a pussy for defending himself and getting her to back the F' off? I'm sorry, but if a woman is grabbing your uniform while you are trying to cuff someone, and could claw your freaking eyes out while the situation is escalating, you do WHATEVER you have to do to get them to back off. I'm not being too harsh. I'm being very reasonable. Don't want to get hit by the police? Don't attack them or grab them. And don't even think about bringing size into this. Some of the meanest people on the planet, are in the 100-150 lb range.

Kind of like that little bully in the 4th grade(in Australia I believe?). After socking the big guy once, and trying for a second punch, he got body slammed into the pavement. Bet he won't bully anyone again.

I'd give that policeman a medal. Just because you're a female, does not give you a free pass to do whatever the hell you want to do. Women have been crying for equality and equal rights and treatment for a century. Well you got it. Now you have to lie in that bed you made.
Old 2011-04-28, 00:02   Link #13319
GundamFan0083

Yes, he is IMO.
These men are supposed to be trained to handle a situation like this, and most departments issue a Discipline Handbook that details what's expected of them in these situations.

Here's Denver's:
http://www.denvergov.org/Safety/Home...7/Default.aspx

There was no need to punch that woman and that is where he made his mistake.
If he's slacked off and hasn't been training in hand-to-hand combat (as many officers do), then that is his fault.
Maybe instead of stuffing his face in an IHOP he should be training in a dojo.
Old 2011-04-28, 00:17   Link #13320
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Conspicuously absent from all of this is a clear reason why the officer even approached them in the first place.
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international