Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-25, 22:17   Link #1
Xebek
Crazed cyborg squirrel

Deep Plot Anime

I have a lot of anime that ive watched/bought or in some way have, but I don't really know what to get next. Recently after watching Mai HiME I kept thinking to myself how much I enjoyed it because of some of the mystery behind the plot and just how it was done in general. Taking that anime for example I remember coming up with theories on who the other uknown HiME's were and on what would happen. There are other animes that I really enjoyed the plot like FMA but Mai HiME is most recent hta I can ive an exact example of why I liked it.

Could anyone recomend some good animes that have deep plots that aren't completly obvious as to what will happen? Im not completly against comedy and romantic aspects, in fact I have my share of favorites taht are mainly those genres, but right now Im trying to find one that just has a great plot that like I said has twists or unknown aspects to it.
Old 2006-03-25, 23:02   Link #2
lemondude
"super lemon"

well, every anime has some suprises or at least they intended there to be some to increase popularity.

I suggest you watch anime in general,

or something like bleach or naruto or one piece. They always have some mystery here and there.
Old 2006-03-25, 23:11   Link #3
Xebek
Crazed cyborg squirrel

uh huh, well considering that I had just said that the reason I'm asking for a suggestion is becuase ive watched enough anime that I dont know what to watch next I think I have watched "some anime" and if you are trying to make me laugh you succeded. All anime have plots but that doens't mean they have deep plots which is what I was looking for, did you read my post? Yes, I realize the concept of all stories in general having mystery, doesn't mean its very big or good or that it draws you in. Shows like bleach, naruto and one piece are no where near the vicinity of what I am looking for.
Old 2006-03-25, 23:29   Link #4
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

texnholyze
Fate/stay night
petit cossette
Elfen lied
Rahxephon
Basilisk
lunar legend

info at www.animenewsnetowork.com/encyclopedia
Old 2006-03-25, 23:32   Link #5
Renesis-C
Senior Member...?

Ouch....

Anyway,
Story..... hmmm... the idea behind chrno crusade wasn't too bad.
Gundam Seed was pretty good too.
Maybe Gungrave? EDIT: as long as you don't watch the first episode first....
Hellsings alright. I hear a new one has come out recently too.
Witch Hunter Robin and Rahxephon were also pretty good.

It'd be a good idea to list examples of anime you have seen, so we get an idea of what your looking for. Universal favourites like FMA don't count, because everyone liked something about it.
EDIT: Just saw FMA in the first post.
Old 2006-03-26, 00:23   Link #6
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

legend of the galactic heroes is definately what u are looking for

spiral

ROD
Old 2006-03-26, 11:02   Link #7
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

You can try Monster. Now that's a plot that has a lot of twists and turns but they almost never look artificially contrived. Brilliant character development, too.

Madlax's plot is also built on a mystery, the character are looking for the truth and so on, but it's a bit too surreal at times, plus the plot development is not exactly quick. Same could be said about Noir except the surreal part.

The funny thing is that I love Mai HiME but not exactly because the plot was so deep and kept me guessing what would happen. Mostly because of the characters,
Mai Otome features some mysteries but there are quite boring and contrived. The series is absolutely dreadful, I strongly recommend not to bother with it.

Old 2006-03-26, 11:46   Link #8
mxg
The Lone Gamer

Send a message via AIM to mxg Send a message via MSN to mxg Send a message via Yahoo to mxg
You want Mystery then Berserk should fit the bill it has one hell of a mindf***.
Monster another great series filled with mystery. and also Gilgamesh also a really great series all which have a very dark and mature theme to them.
Old 2006-03-26, 12:12   Link #9
miaka

i suggest watch 12 kingdoms. Its based from novel and has a deep nice plot.
Closed Thread