Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-01-14, 01:57   Link #1
PathofNightshade
Scruffy Nerf Herder

Send a message via AIM to PathofNightshade
The Pathetic Sakura Relationship

As i progress through the series I can't help but laughing at the awful and unjustified love that Sakura pours onto Sasuke. All she cares about is him, all she thinks about is him and her whole life is devoted to him. Nobody goes that far just because a person is "Cool and Serious." Sasuke's whole tough guy demeanor may be attractive to girls, but the whole sakura love thing is really unrealistic. Plus, her whole purpose in the series so far, is to add a romantic element, and they totally botched this up. Can anyone think of a way they could have developed the "romance" better?
PathofNightshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-14, 02:04   Link #2
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PathofNightshade
As i progress through the series I can't help but laughing at the awful and unjustified love that Sakura pours onto Sasuke. All she cares about is him, all she thinks about is him and her whole life is devoted to him. Nobody goes that far just because a person is "Cool and Serious." Sasuke's whole tough guy demeanor may be attractive to girls, but the whole sakura love thing is really unrealistic. Plus, her whole purpose in the series so far, is to add a romantic element, and they totally botched this up. Can anyone think of a way they could have developed the "romance" better?
what's wrong with a girl being a little too crazy about this guy? maybe her estrogen is acting up wayyyyyy too much.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-14, 02:10   Link #3
fotonios

i think its possible for girls to fall so deep in love.
they fall for me all the time.
fotonios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-14, 02:14   Link #4
PathofNightshade
Scruffy Nerf Herder

But she lives her entire life through him. ALL SHE THINKS ABOUT IS HIM!!! Its insane! And all the touchy, sad, emotional scenes make no sense without some explanation of why Sakura is so deeply in love with Sasuke.
Old 2004-01-14, 02:16   Link #5
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
But she lives her entire life through him. ALL SHE THINKS ABOUT IS HIM!!! Its insane! And all the touchy, sad, emotional scenes make no sense without some explanation of why Sakura is so deeply in love with Sasuke.

Well, Sasuke starts reciprocating somewhat in the manga later...

Spoiler:
Lost World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-14, 02:17   Link #6
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
You damn hypocrite. Hinata is the SAME way about Naruto...and he's just as unreciprocative as Sasuke. I don't see any of you pouncing on her for her obsession.
Old 2004-01-14, 02:20   Link #7
PathofNightshade
Scruffy Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke Uchiha
You damn hypocrite. Hinata is the SAME way about Naruto...and he's just as unreciprocative as Sasuke. I don't see any of you pouncing on her for her obsession.
Well, no! Hinata admires Naruto because she has always been impressed by his inner strenght and determination. She also likes him because he is brave, outgoing and not afraid to break rules. Those are better reasons for love than, "He's so serious and cool..."
Old 2004-01-14, 02:27   Link #8
Izlude
Sharingan!

naruto doesnt totally ignore her. he shows some reciporication in the neji/hinata fight, when he roots her on. sasuke KNOWS sakura is in love with him, naruto is oblivious to the fact, there's a difference. not to mention events throughout the show (and manga) lead us to believe that naruto and hinata actually have some connection other then a one sided obsession frenzy (episode 59 i think? naruto meets her on the way to the tourny and they have a goofy romantic scene)

sasuke totally ignores sakura. he prefers the alternative lifestyle, heading right into MJ's hands.
Izlude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-14, 02:34   Link #9
Grav
Gone

Send a message via AIM to Grav
BEAT TO DEATH.

That's how to describe this topic.

Anyway, Sakura sucks. We all know that.

I honestly thought the "A.S.S." was about Sakura =/
Grav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-14, 03:55   Link #10
Kaoru
Pirate Girl Nyuu

Send a message via Yahoo to Kaoru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izlude
sasuke totally ignores sakura. he prefers the alternative lifestyle, heading right into MJ's hands.
LOL That poor poor child.

I do get a kick out of Sakura(chan's) 'infatuation' with Sasuke(kun). It really adds that touch of romance to the series, eh? I don't mind who she goes for, she just needs to do something for once other than repeat Sasuke's name over and over again everyday.
Kaoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-14, 04:01   Link #11
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru
LOL That poor poor child.

I do get a kick out of Sakura(chan's) 'infatuation' with Sasuke(kun). It really adds that touch of romance to the series, eh? I don't mind who she goes for, she just needs to do something for once other than repeat Sasuke's name over and over again everyday.
Spoiler:
Old 2004-01-14, 05:23   Link #12
Miyamoto

I preffer the romantics scenecs between Hinata and Naruto , he is a dumb , and she is soooooo sensible.

Is more realistic and more interesting , in my opinion

Btw anyone knows if Hinata and Naruto have something in the future ?
Miyamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-14, 05:26   Link #13
Loki_Sama
I do as I please... ¬_¬

Send a message via MSN to Loki_Sama
Sakura is damm annoying.......the ASS is it.......Anti Sasuke & Sakura?
Loki_Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-14, 05:30   Link #14
fenikkusu

Send a message via AIM to fenikkusu
well..i think it is very possible for sakura to be like that.. i have a friend right now that is in kind of the same situation .. all the think about is this other person all day long and that is what they always talk about is that person ...
but the naruto - hinata situation isn't really like the sasuke - sakura relationship, sasuke knows how sakura feels and how she always acts around her and he just doesnt care and treats her kind of like crap, Naruto doesn't really know how hinata feels about her becauase hinata keeps her feelings hidden and doesn't talk to naruto because she is to shy... if she opened up to naruto maybe naruto would snap back to reality

that 1st time she actually talked to naruto she didn't really open up to how she really feels about him...she just told him that he never gives up and she admires him for it
fenikkusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-14, 07:38   Link #15
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Sakura IS annoying.
But she loves Sasuke.
Why? Because she does. There's no actual reason. Maybe for Sasuke's beauty and ability.
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-14, 10:01   Link #16
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

Sakura at this point has a typical young girl crush on him. This is normal under the age of 20, and if she doesn't "wake up" and realize this is ONLY infactuation (more of a one way love- at the very least) she will never have a love that will reciprocates. Sasuke could be a jerk and use Sakura and hurt her terribly. Luckily the writer doesn't make Sasuke that shalow and it shows that Sasuke cares at least a little bit for her. Sasuke isn't for Sakura as these loves never work out.

Hinata loves Naruto for good reasons (as stated in this thread) and doesn't say Naruto kun all the time (not anywhere as annoying as Sakura) ALSO, Naruto is starting to notice her and respects her and that is a lot more than Sasuke does. This love actually has some grounds to work and last on.

it good be worse and it could be better.. it's not the main plot so I can tollerate it now.
pathyfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-14, 11:32   Link #17
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

Send a message via ICQ to ShadowClone Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowClone
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru
...she just needs to do something for once other than repeat Sasuke's name over and over again everyday.
Well, who knows, maybe she's trying to surpass the number of times Miaka mentions Tamahome's name in Fushigi Yuugi!!
ShadowClone is offline   Reply With Quote