AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

Old 2006-09-17, 09:33   Link #861
Searcher
RRR/Kotori/Tessa Servant

I think it's a big difference between a movie made in 1930's and a remake in 200? (it's atleast 30 years later).
I think most people wanted to see the special effects, not caring about the story.

The time between kanon and kanon2006 isn't that much. People who hear that there is going to be a remake, will download and see the original kanon first.
Searcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-17, 09:52   Link #862
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I still say that the impact may be dulled if you watch the original series now Deathkillz. I think that what you are seeing here is that we hope that we know what's going to happen in most of the girls' cases and it's the aniticipation of reliving those favorite moments animated by KyoAni that is carrying us. This will probably not be the case if you watch this too soon to the start of the series. Only a truly obsessive Kanon fan imo can still maintain their original feelings after repeat viewing at this stage imo.

I think that this is also what happens when you go to see a remake. Also, you may have a curiosity of what the new version will look like. If you watch it too soon to the start of the series, then it may seem like a rerun and it won't feel as special as it would be if you've watched it the first time imo.

But, KyoAni is probably aware of this also and may pull out a few surprises to liven things up. I hope this means great animation thru out and godly animation at the critical points.
Old 2006-09-17, 10:06   Link #863
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion
But, KyoAni is probably aware of this also and may pull out a few surprises to liven things up. I hope this means great animation thru out and godly animation at the critical points.
Beside what you have cited, KyoAni is actually going to twist the story a bit by animating all the girl's story simultaneously instead in a chrnological order as in AIR. So there will be some filler material to put everything in perspective.

Based on Haruhi's Some Day In The Rain, I trust KyoAni's filler materials to be good.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-17, 10:35   Link #864
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Beside what you have cited, KyoAni is actually going to twist the story a bit by animating all the girl's story simultaneously instead in a chrnological order as in AIR.
Sounds like you're pretty confident about that when only one episode has been aired; what's your source? And is there any other interesting tidbits you'd like to share with us?

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-17, 10:39   Link #865
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

O my brethern, we must avenge the humiliating performance of the Kanon girls in the 2k5 Saimoe...

Minase Nayuki 115
Sawatori Makoto 80
Tsukimiya Ayu 85

All eliminated by round 1.

Thus, let this mark the first rally for Saimoe'07!

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-17, 10:43   Link #866
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

So what if she only got 115 votes? Nayuki got more votes than Ayu. Hooray! *does his little dance*

And how come they were still eligible in the 2k5 Saimoe? Wasn't Kazahana in 2003? No wonder they did so poorly. ^^;

Old 2006-09-17, 11:17   Link #867
nani
Dreamer
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3
Sounds like you're pretty confident about that when only one episode has been aired; what's your source? And is there any other interesting tidbits you'd like to share with us?
The staff interview back in March mentioned that "[KyoAni] wants to avoid something like Ayu's story until episode X, Nayuki's story until episode X...... [They] do not plan to compose the anime into something like a collection of short stories. [They] will make it so that episode 1 until 24 will all be connected as 1 whole story."
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=106

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2
Based on Haruhi's Some Day In The Rain, I trust KyoAni's filler materials to be good.
If they are going to do some original stuff, here's hoping that Magical Girl Sayuri can get animated.

Another idea is to show the dark side of Akiko and what really happened to Nayuki's father. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKseDPEcV1g (Courtesy of the EFZ thread in the Game section).
nani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-17, 14:48   Link #868
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2
Well, the secret here, of course, being: get the original author to write the screenplay for your filler (does it really count as filler in that case? I guess it's just "anime exclusive"). It's hard to say what direct involvement Key has in this production (other than that it seems to be much greater), but it'd make sense for the same strategy to apply here.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-17, 20:19   Link #869
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3
So what if she only got 115 votes? Nayuki got more votes than Ayu. Hooray! *does his little dance*
Well Ayu probably didn't fit the profile to be a winner in that type of tournament from what I saw that made the cut. Moe beyond belief, loli or loaded with assets.

We still love our Ayu!
Old 2006-09-17, 20:23   Link #870
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Well the 3 Kanon girls entered Saimoe because they made a cameo in AIR actually... which kind of explained their performance

It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-09-18, 08:32   Link #871
Rengemaru
Mad Scientist

It doesn't matter if Kanon got popular or not. Because if it got popular we'll get alot of retards posting/argueing/flamming about it and about the "why my girl didn't win".
Spoiler:
Old 2006-09-18, 09:08   Link #872
martino
makes no files now

^^ LMAO

That's a really good joke imo!
Old 2006-09-18, 10:14   Link #873
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rengemaru
It doesn't matter if Kanon got popular or not. Because if it got popular we'll get alot of retards posting/argueing/flamming about it and about the "why my girl didn't win".
Spoiler:

I think the important emphasis is on the "-tards"... I had thought most of the ilk with no critical thinking skills were confined to the Naru-tards but it appears we have "my girl no matter how lame the path for her to win"-tards... I haven't come up with a good name for them yet.

I'd like one ticket for "whichever girl wins, make the story compelling and the characters believable", please.

Stop the plot-challenged, think of the children.
Old 2006-09-18, 12:02   Link #874
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

O those arguments... they're like the ongoing flamewar on Suzumiya Haruhi or EVA in 4chan, only even worse...

Old 2006-09-18, 16:10   Link #875
orion

Yes, those paper thin arguements.....

Just think about what could happen when this series really gets started. (Probably alot less now that we've covered those arguements already. Just refer them to the section of this thread for details about "X" arguement.
Spoiler:

I'm still hoping for English subtitles on the R2. That way we can get this title faster for Region 1 viewers. All you need then is the player and the cash to buy the DVDs.
Old 2006-09-18, 18:21   Link #876
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion
I'm still hoping for English subtitles on the R2. That way we can get this title faster for Region 1 viewers. All you need then is the player and the cash to buy the DVDs.
Well, it's good to dream, but you'd think the Prelude DVD would have already had that if it was going to be part of the features of the solicitation in general. Not to mention that'd sort of be a strange thing to do if they're ever going to market the license, plus the amount of recent anime TV series (not movies) with English subtitles on the DVD are... well, nonexistant as far as I know. I've got nearly 30 series on R2 so far, and not a subtitle track on any of them. Plus, you'd still need to bypass the region coding, so it won't help your average Region 1 viewer at all (not that they'd pay R2 pricing anyway). So... that's a really long way of saying... it's not going to happen.
Old 2006-09-18, 18:37   Link #877
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Sometimes I think the anime industry is still completely baffled by the idea that someone outside of Japan might be interested in this stuff

I'm a bit surprised they haven't at least added subtitles for english or chinese in the basic release... but I suspect they are more interested in *predictable* returns than in *maximized* returns. They *know* the local market whereas the overseas market is much less understood.

Every japanese business I've been around is much more interested in predictability than in maximization.
Old 2006-09-18, 19:27   Link #878
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Every japanese business I've been around is much more interested in predictability than in maximization.
I don't mean to be insulting with this generalization, but isn't that the Japanese mindset? I've read in some article that the Japanese are among the most stability loving nation on the planet. Anime also reflects this, because the childhood friend love interest represents, among other things, stability. I mean, even in baseball, we have Japanese players who concentrate more on getting a hit than getting a homerun, as evident in their batting stance alone. ^^;

Old 2006-09-18, 19:28   Link #879
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
Sometimes I think the anime industry is still completely baffled by the idea that someone outside of Japan might be interested in this stuff
Well, interest notwithstanding, the amount of people who would pay the money to import an R2 DVD, even if it had subtitles, are at best statistically insignificant compared to the domestic market. Probably just not worth the effort. It's easier just to let overseas distributors come to them and pay them for the rights upfront - no work, no worries. As I said in another thread, it's best not to overestimate our significance - unless we become a noticeable market force, we can't expect companies to cater to us. Why would they?
Old 2006-09-18, 19:41   Link #880
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rengemaru
Spoiler:

I wonder if the Aunt was ever an option.

Tags
bishoujo, drama, key, romance, school life, seinen