AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-10-28, 23:41   Link #541
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Love hina didnt have overly large boobs like this series, but they were large on a few characters

But then the entire LH anime sucked beyond belief so the big boobs arent noticeable with everything else that wrong with it hehe
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 23:44   Link #542
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
If only there was a breast deflating virus things would be perfect.
NOOOO..

This series is a blessing after all those loli abundance series for the season .. Dont take it away for me
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 01:36   Link #543
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
NOOOO..

This series is a blessing after all those loli abundance series for the season .. Dont take it away for me
I only meant down to reasonable levels, not lolis... but I suppose for the sake of those folks such as you, who are always looking for a higher mountain to climb, I won't criticise the breasts too much.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 08:15   Link #544
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
You know i could have swore i heard Toa's song this morning but alas to my dismay it was just my alarm going off telling me to get my ass up for work

Aliright so now im all types of interested in the other big boobed short green haired chick that showed at the end. Kazuki is all depressed because Gio took with Jin again turns out that Gio is special something about free will, which the other dragons dont have this is getting very interesting. Machina and Gio's fight was unimpressive but what was funny was what Gio said to her. Machina called Gio interesting Gio said i have no interest in you and ran away i could stop laughing.

Iv been meaning to touch of this for a while but Machina and her master. They seem really close if you look at how they act towards one another very touchy always hugging and even in the ending it has them being very friendly. Well it Toa and Jin can care about each other and ones a dragon and one is a human it doesnt mean it cant happen with someone else either. I may be thinking to much into it but they really do seem like lovers sometimes more than master and dragon.
Old 2007-10-29, 08:56   Link #545
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post
Love hina didnt have overly large boobs like this series, but they were large on a few characters
Well, the only character I remember being protrayed has having particularly large breast in Love Hina was Mutsumi, and you can't really blame Makoto Uno for that as the character was that way in the original manga. Plus, even she was not the inhuman "ZZ cup" like some of the characters in Dragonaught. My main complaint here is not so much the absurd proportions of those characters, as that it just doesn't fit the style of the anime. In a comedy series they would be fine, here they just distract from the more serious tone of the story.

Quote:
But then the entire LH anime sucked beyond belief
Heh. I'll admit it had a lot of flaws, but like 90% of adaptations, it was much better in the original manga.
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 13:55   Link #546
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
Iv been meaning to touch of this for a while but Machina and her master. They seem really close if you look at how they act towards one another very touchy always hugging and even in the ending it has them being very friendly. Well it Toa and Jin can care about each other and ones a dragon and one is a human it doesnt mean it cant happen with someone else either. I may be thinking to much into it but they really do seem like lovers sometimes more than master and dragon.
Considering the totally suggestive OP and ED, it's quite hard not to think too much into it. Or maybe that's just me and my wishful thinking again.

As for big boobs distracting from the seriousness of the story - a lot of serious anime has fanservice, so it doesn't really bother me. And the plot is not deadly serious all the time anyway.

Of course, the main argument for me is that big boobs are way preferrable to lolis but it's not really an objective one.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 19:21   Link #547
outlaw97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I could be cynical and say that the show's trying to appeal to every demographic:

Potential Yaoi (Howling Star)
Potential Yuri (Machina)
Potential Shouta (Kazuki/piano chick)

And of course the vanilla straight relationship (Toa)
outlaw97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 19:55   Link #548
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw97 View Post
I could be cynical and say that the show's trying to appeal to every demographic:

Potential Yaoi (Howling Star)
Potential Yuri (Machina)
Potential Loli (Amadeus/Sieglinde)

And of course the vanilla straight relationship (Toa)
Fixed it for ya
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 22:30   Link #549
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw97 View Post
I wouldnt call that relationship shota, i mean he's over the age of consent just as Jin is.
Old 2007-10-29, 22:54   Link #550
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Well, Kazuki does behave like a spoiled brat, maybe this counts as shouta?

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 23:39   Link #551
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

lol if that was the case half the male heroes ion anime would be shouta aswell heheh
Old 2007-10-30, 02:34   Link #552
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 4

ha!! kazuki is still annoying - how i loath cry babies

the current partnership between gio and jin is interesting to see. for a dragon to not obey his master, gio is a special case indeed. i just knew they were working together during that capture scene...shame on gio, giving kazuki so much hope XD
the reflections on the death of spiritus is another point to take imo...even when it was clear that he has gone berserk the regret that howling star felt for killing him is like they have a rule within thier own race to not kill each other.

gio pretty much kicked ass and ooh his sword is lovely
on the question of where he found his cloths...i feel sorry for the random passerby on a bike

and now kazuki has a love interest...great...(he is going to pull a kira at this rate XD)

preview...do i see what i see? if the timeline for the preview is not mixed up then maybe gio will betray jin to meet up with toa alone...

and is that toa i see in the flashback...jin looks awfully young *cough*

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-30, 03:30   Link #553
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
most of the voice actors in dragonaut are similar voices from Haruhi Suzumiya minus nanoha strikers.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-30, 06:03   Link #554
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
the current partnership between gio and jin is interesting to see. for a dragon to not obey his master, gio is a special case indeed.
Well, there is the possibility that Toa's dragon howl somehow interfered with Gio's awakening process and 'rewrote' his instinct of loyalty. As some know, baby crocodiles can produce a very particular sound when they feel threatened - and any adult in the surroundings, either parent or not, instinctively rush in to protect the youngsters, even though they might not be their offspring. Since Toa emitted a wave during the aerial dual scene, it's likely that her energy blast did something to Gio. Unless, of course, he was special in the first place and Kazuki would be still be rejected. But then it'd contradict the whole 'I was born to protect her' theme, which I believe is due to Toa's call for help.
Quote:
the reflections on the death of spiritus is another point to take imo...even when it was clear that he has gone berserk the regret that howling star felt for killing him is like they have a rule within thier own race to not kill each other.
I'd rather think of it as reluctance to kill one of their own. After all, they're a tightly-knit community and orders to kill someone you know (and Howling Star thought of Spyritus as an otouto) are not something to be taken lightly. And even if they're seemingly bereft of their own free will, they are human enough to feel sadness at executing a peer.
Quote:
gio pretty much kicked ass and ooh his sword is lovely
on the question of where he found his cloths...i feel sorry for the random passerby on a bike
I can already imagine the victim filing a complaint at the nearest police station.
V: I got mugged by an exhibitionist dragon!
Officer: Huh? Wait, what, what?
*drags the victim towards a cell reserved for drunkards*
Quote:
preview...do i see what i see? if the timeline for the preview is not mixed up then maybe gio will betray jin to meet up with toa alone...

and is that toa i see in the flashback...jin looks awfully young *cough*
Then if Toa made contact with Jin at that early an age, then it blasts to smithereens the theory that they 'met' during the space shuttle tragedy and made a convenant right there as he was in freefall. Naw, considering the rainy weather throughout the different scenes, I think Toa is simply back on Earth and moping...and the two others are simply searching for her in town.

As for the entire breast debate, to tell you the truth - it doesn't bother me at all. The show's focus has so far never been centered on gratuitous ecchi, or promoting such or such character's assets. I highly doubt this will be a show where the main character frequently gets an eyeful, keeps gawking at such girl's chest or randomly has a generous cleavage thrust in his face. So, unless Dragonaut becomes a series where dragons are less important than proclaiming the power of breasts as humongous as terminal tumors, I doubt this will bother me much or even plague my dreams. Fanservice has been kept to an acceptable minimum, after all - or if not, relegated to mere comic relief (with Jin's being starkers in front of the loli-wannabe).

So...posh. My mind's elsewhere.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2007-10-30 at 06:29.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-30, 07:15   Link #555
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Anyone else feel bad for Toa? To make a dragon and a girl cry i think you get cursed 2000 years for that.
what if it's not a girl, and not a dragon, but a pile of metal alloys? yup I'm talking about Frank in Argento Soma. Compared to Frank, at least Jin didn't tell Toa "Die! Die! Die!" well, if there's one thing I don't like about this show, it's the cheap sentimentalism approach it takes with the Toa x Jin relationship. What's the best way of making an alien who accidentally killed your family still likeable? make it a hot girl. I'd acutally like it more if Toa is an ugly old man like Amadeus

But then maybe the dragons take forms as what their human masters wished during resonance, as Toa looks somewhat like Ai and Gio looks somewhat like Jin?

In the end, Jin's reaction IMHO is quite logical, actually it'd be completely absurd if he reacted in any other way.

Quote:
ep 4

ha!! kazuki is still annoying - how i loath cry babies
people should cut some slack for that guy, he's lost his old lover Jin, and now lost his new lover Gio too, that got to be some big shock to him I mean, in the Jin x Kazuki relationship, it's Jin who suddenly dumped Kazuki out of the blue. When Kazuki finally meet Jin after two years and offered a warm welcome, Jin responded with a cold "so I'm all alone after all". And Jin has met Toa for only like a couple days, while Jin and Kazuki were together for maybe more than ten years, and now he's dumped. It's quite understandable that he'd go a bit mentally unstable like psycho Kaede in Shuffle I'm sure he'll reconcile with Jin later on just like how Kaede returned to normal
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-30, 07:46   Link #556
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless View Post
people should cut some slack for that guy, he's lost his old lover Jin, and now lost his new lover Gio too, that got to be some big shock to him I mean, in the Jin x Kazuki relationship, it's Jin who suddenly dumped Kazuki out of the blue. When Kazuki finally meet Jin after two years and offered a warm welcome, Jin responded with a cold "so I'm all alone after all". And Jin has met Toa for only like a couple days, while Jin and Kazuki were together for maybe more than ten years, and now he's dumped. It's quite understandable that he'd go a bit mentally unstable like psycho Kaede in Shuffle I'm sure he'll reconcile with Jin later on just like how Kaede returned to normal
If Kazuki was such a good friend then he would have supported him through the entire ordeal. The fact is he (Kazuki) did not want to talk to him after Jin left the program. Because if he was so determined for both of them to go to space together then Kazuki would have sought out Jin. Jin did not move to another state, where was Kazuki during the 2 years than Jin was alone. He could have reached out the fact of the matter is he did not. It should not be that difficult to find someone who has been your friend since when you were kids. I don't blame Jin for how he has treated Kazuki. Anyone of us would feel betrayed that even your best friend would not believe in you or give you the benefit of the doubt. Jin reacted normally, and Kazuki deserves everything that comes to him.
Old 2007-10-30, 08:08   Link #557
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
If Kazuki was such a good friend then he would have supported him through the entire ordeal. The fact is he (Kazuki) did not want to talk to him after Jin left the program. Because if he was so determined for both of them to go to space together then Kazuki would have sought out Jin. Jin did not move to another state, where was Kazuki during the 2 years than Jin was alone. He could have reached out the fact of the matter is he did not. It should not be that difficult to find someone who has been your friend since when you were kids. I don't blame Jin for how he has treated Kazuki. Anyone of us would feel betrayed that even your best friend would not believe in you or give you the benefit of the doubt. Jin reacted normally, and Kazuki deserves everything that comes to him.
you should cut some slack for a 16-year-old, the shuttle blows up in front of his eyes, and then Jin got taken away by the government and sent to live with some relatives. I know in anime a highschooler can be more competent than super detectives, but hey it's not like everyone is Conan And we all know Kazuki's already unstable in his head after he saw Jin eloped with Toa. Sure, Kazuki deserves it just like Kaede in Shuffle deserves everything that comes to her, but his mental chaos is quite normal too
Old 2007-10-30, 08:21   Link #558
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Then if Toa made contact with Jin at that early an age, then it blasts to smithereens the theory that they 'met' during the space shuttle tragedy and made a convenant right there as he was in freefall. Naw, considering the rainy weather throughout the different scenes, I think Toa is simply back on Earth and moping...and the two others are simply searching for her in town.
oops sorry...i must be seeing things again
Quote:
As for the entire breast debate, to tell you the truth - it doesn't bother me at all. The show's focus has so far never been centered on gratuitous ecchi, or promoting such or such character's assets. I highly doubt this will be a show where the main character frequently gets an eyeful, keeps gawking at such girl's chest or randomly has a generous cleavage thrust in his face. So, unless Dragonaut becomes a series where dragons are less important than proclaiming the power of breasts as humongous as terminal tumors, I doubt this will bother me much or even plague my dreams. Fanservice has been kept to an acceptable minimum, after all - or if not, relegated to mere comic relief (with Jin's being starkers in front of the loli-wannabe).

So...posh. My mind's elsewhere.
same here...i think ive become immune to the amount of cleavage shown after being slapped across the face with it for the past few episodes...now its just something easily overlooked by me
Quote:
Sure, Kazuki deserves it just like Kaede in Shuffle deserves everything that comes to her, but his mental chaos is quite normal too
take it you arent a kaede fan...shame on you for making such an absurd comparison

for kazuki he is just emo for no reason...other than losing his boyfriend...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-30, 08:33   Link #559
dreamless

Quote:
take it you arent a kaede fan...shame on you for making such an absurd comparison

for kazuki he is just emo for no reason...other than losing his boyfriend...
lol you say it's absurd comparison and then continue in your next sentence to show that they are actually the same? since exactly both Kazuki and Kaede are emo just for... losing their boyfriends

they are both going mentally unstable for being in love triangles, so the comparison is quite... natural. shame on you for not able to see it
Old 2007-10-30, 08:42   Link #560
Jiyuu

Send a message via MSN to Jiyuu
Quote:
lol you say it's absurd comparison and then continue in your next sentence to show that they are actually the same? since exactly both Kazuki and Kaede are emo just for... losing their boyfriends

they are both going mentally unstable for being in love triangles, so the comparison is quite... natural. shame on you for not able to see it
Spoiler for shuffle:

i too dont thing they are alike :P
Jiyuu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, romance, sci-fi