AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-04-17, 06:21   Link #1941
NectorPrime
Combat Butler In Training

The way I see it the only problem for Suzuka is her father other than him I can't see takiko treating her badly considering she doesn't want to be on Harutoras bad side but then again that's my opinion on the matter I could be wrong tho
NectorPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-17, 07:35   Link #1942
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
As for Suzuka's situation, I hope you lot still remembers that she's sealed by Genji and without him lifting the seal, it's unlikely she could get stronger to be any help at all (unlike Kagami, Suzuka is very weak when sealed). Hence the only choice she has seems to be working with the enemy for now.
I didn't forget that. 1. Ohtomo can undo the seal. 2. Her strength isn't what makes her useful if she joined up with Harutora, he's already plenty strong, he's got strong people with him, she doesn't need to be strong to be useful. Yakou's pretty OP, Hishamaru and Kakugyouki are both pretty OP. Harutora doesn't need to surround himself with strong characters for whatever reason. That's more or less covered already.

She just needs to be what she is, a researcher and a prodigy. She's the genius that imitated and performed the Taizan Fukun Ritual just based off of someone else's notes. She's well versed in the imperial style and is knowledgeable about Yakou and his magic in general. Suzuka has always been, and always will be, more valuable as a researcher than as a fighter. She says herself that it's her main field anyway. I think "Who better to have along with Harutora than someone who understands his magic?" as well as someone who might understand, and be helpful, on what he's up too.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-17, 09:40   Link #1943
NectorPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
I didn't forget that. 1. Ohtomo can undo the seal. 2. Her strength isn't what makes her useful if she joined up with Harutora, he's already plenty strong, he's got strong people with him, she doesn't need to be strong to be useful. Yakou's pretty OP, Hishamaru and Kakugyouki are both pretty OP. Harutora doesn't need to surround himself with strong characters for whatever reason. That's more or less covered already.

She just needs to be what she is, a researcher and a prodigy. She's the genius that imitated and performed the Taizan Fukun Ritual just based off of someone else's notes. She's well versed in the imperial style and is knowledgeable about Yakou and his magic in general. Suzuka has always been, and always will be, more valuable as a researcher than as a fighter. She says herself that it's her main field anyway. I think "Who better to have along with Harutora than someone who understands his magic?" as well as someone who might understand, and be helpful, on what he's up too.

I have to agree to be honest she's a genius when it comes to research plus being a prodigy also if she was with haratora she can learn a lot from him and suzu. If I remember correctly it was because of suzu that Suzuka learned about haratoras magic through her notes and about the raven coat
Old 2014-04-17, 10:21   Link #1944
zerozeronine

Quote:
I personally hope he finds Suzuka first. Then I hope he brings her with him wherever he's going.

This actually isn't because I ship them, it's because out of where everyone ended up "One year later" Her situation seems to be the worst. I feel really bad for her, like legitimately very bad for her.

I really hope she escapes somehow, If Yakoutora inadvertently comes across her and decides to rescue her, all the better.
Suzuka's situation is the worst??

Natsume isn't fully revived yet,she can easily die if she exhaust's Hokuto's power(which she almost did),the agency is after her likes she's a wanted criminal.she can't be with Harutora for some reason and he's avoiding her.

and don't forget that Takiko is a relative of her's so I doubt she's in any danger as long as she follows the emotional princess

For shipping,isn't it still clear Natsume is the end girl unless she dies permanently in the end or Harutora chooses Hashimaru ?And that both Kyoko and Suzuka is out of the running?
zerozeronine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-17, 10:51   Link #1945
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:

Wow!

What I get from your reply is that you seemed to get offended about the thing I pointed out for no good reason (nobody seem to mention about Genji's seal on Suzuka, yet speculating why Suzuka is with the bad guys, of course you didn't forget). Otomo's method only works for a short while, in the LN the effect got undone the next day.

Suzuka is weak when sealed, she's a researcher so that's a given. But she's also kinda useless during the battle against Shaver since mot of her spiritual power is sealed, no excuse there. Even if Harutora's OP now, we can't have his companions being useless. I only find your statement to be an effort to ship Suzuka x Harutora.

Of course I want Suzuka to be the first to reunite with Harutora, her somewhat confession during vol. 9 that she'll die reviving Harutora if he died reviving Natsume is just too awesome! The golden moment of the show!
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-17, 11:20   Link #1946
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Wow!

What I get from your reply is that you seemed to get offended about the thing I pointed out for no good reason (nobody seem to mention about Genji's seal on Suzuka, yet speculating why Suzuka is with the bad guys, of course you didn't forget). Otomo's method only works for a short while, in the LN the effect got undone the next day.

Suzuka is weak when sealed, she's a researcher so that's a given. But she's also kinda useless during the battle against Shaver since mot of her spiritual power is sealed, no excuse there. Even if Harutora's OP now, we can't have his companions being useless. I only find your statement to be an effort to ship Suzuka x Harutora.

Of course I want Suzuka to be the first to reunite with Harutora, her somewhat confession during vol. 9 that she'll die reviving Harutora if he died reviving Natsume is just too awesome! The golden moment of the show!
I'm sorry if I seemed offended. I didn't get offended. However, I'm very offended now. Saying my statement is based off of shipping HIGHLY offends me. It's like you missed my entire point. Saying that's all you got from what I said, proving you missed my entire point highly offends me.

I don't know how many times I can repeat this but I want Suzuka around because she's studied Yakou's method's and teaching's. It does bother me that someone would say Suzuka's usefulness relies on combat, when I just don't think so.

I just don't feel like Suzuka's purpose is combat. I'm actually really interested in Yakou's imperial style versus the traditional style everyone else practices, and she's useful to that end since she's considered an authority on the subject. Whatever Harutora is planning, developing, working on, I think she can be helpful with that due to her knowledge and abilities as a researcher, a lot more than her abilities as a divine general. There's also the second fact that at this point, she's more well acquainted with the Omnyo Agency and Twin Horn's inner workings than most of Harutora's allies meaning she can once again be a valuable source of information.

I think Suzuka's brain is way more valuable than her combat ability. I mean, I'm not a fan of weak character's that only way the team down, but I don't really care of Suzuka ever get's strong since we already have such a powerful group that will undoubtedly recruit more powerful people. But character's like Suzuka and Saotome are few and far between. Even throughout part 1 both were highly useful based on their acquired knowledge, rarely making a difference in any of the fights.
I'm okay with keeping that dynamic, because what they did contribute helped so much in the long run. In part 1 a lot of things would've failed if Suzuka didn't have previous knowledge of the Omnyo Agency, in part 1 a lot of things worked out based on her knowledge of Yakou. I like her character having that dynamic.

I still find that shipping comment offensive though, none of my reasoning is based on shipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NectorPrime View Post
I have to agree to be honest she's a genius when it comes to research plus being a prodigy also if she was with haratora she can learn a lot from him and suzu. If I remember correctly it was because of suzu that Suzuka learned about haratoras magic through her notes and about the raven coat
THIS^. This is another point I wanted to make, I feel like Suzuka can be the most immediately useful based on her prior research and abilities, but I also feel like she could have the fastest growth rate with the imperial style by working with Harutora and Saotome. Again, that's something I'm really interested in.
Old 2014-04-17, 12:16   Link #1947
zerozeronine

Quote:
I'm sorry if I seemed offended. I didn't get offended. However, I'm very offended now. Saying my statement is based off of shipping HIGHLY offends me. It's like you missed my entire point. Saying that's all you got from what I said, proving you missed my entire point highly offends me.

I don't know how many times I can repeat this but I want Suzuka around because she's studied Yakou's method's and teaching's. It does bother me that someone would say Suzuka's usefulness relies on combat, when I just don't think so.

I just don't feel like Suzuka's purpose is combat. I'm actually really interested in Yakou's imperial style versus the traditional style everyone else practices, and she's useful to that end since she's considered an authority on the subject. Whatever Harutora is planning, developing, working on, I think she can be helpful with that due to her knowledge and abilities as a researcher, a lot more than her abilities as a divine general. There's also the second fact that at this point, she's more well acquainted with the Omnyo Agency and Twin Horn's inner workings than most of Harutora's allies meaning she can once again be a valuable source of information.

I think Suzuka's brain is way more valuable than her combat ability. I mean, I'm not a fan of weak character's that only way the team down, but I don't really care of Suzuka ever get's strong since we already have such a powerful group that will undoubtedly recruit more powerful people. But character's like Suzuka and Saotome are few and far between. Even throughout part 1 both were highly useful based on their acquired knowledge, rarely making a difference in any of the fights.
I'm okay with keeping that dynamic, because what they did contribute helped so much in the long run. In part 1 a lot of things would've failed if Suzuka didn't have previous knowledge of the Omnyo Agency, in part 1 a lot of things worked out based on her knowledge of Yakou. I like her character having that dynamic.

I still find that shipping comment offensive though, none of my reasoning is based on shipping.

THIS^. This is another point I wanted to make, I feel like Suzuka can be the most immediately useful based on her prior research and abilities, but I also feel like she could have the fastest growth rate with the imperial style by working with Harutora and Saotome. Again, that's something I'm really interested in.

How could she be useful to Yakou that actually perfected the ritual?And don't forget that when she used it she failed miserably.The story will be now in Natsume's POV so we will not be seeing much in Harutora's POV and the difference between the 2 style's.To have Suzuka appear in the story again she has to be with Natsume instead of Harutora
Old 2014-04-17, 12:31   Link #1948
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerozeronine View Post
How could she be useful to Yakou that actually perfected the ritual?And don't forget that when she used it she failed miserably.The story will be now in Natsume's POV so we will not be seeing much in Harutora's POV and the difference between the 2 style's.To have Suzuka appear in the story again she has to be with Natsume instead of Harutora
She could be useful because of my second point.

she'd be a quick student, she already has a strong knowledge base so being around Saotome and Yakou would only improve her. Strong foundations only speed up the building process for a solid structure. She might've failed in the ritual, but she did bring her brother back, and she did a lot better than most people would have. She's also generally more knowledgeable than most people, like the main cast of part 1 for example.

Though, Natsume saving Suzuka sounds like a good deal too. Maybe after spending a year with her dad, and Takiko, both of which are purported "Yakou Experts" Maybe Suzuka could be really useful in Natsume's mission to find him. So that's a valid point, I'll concede on that. I actually more or less thought it better to pair her with Harutora because of her low battle ability, since being paired with the OP Yakoutora would make up for her weaknesses more than being paired with Natsume, but maybe Natsume will find a way to undo the seal and make Suzuka a strong asset. I think it could go either way, Suzuka could join Yakoutora or Natsume and it'd still be good story wise.

Still, I think we just have a difference of opinion in general. I'm personally mixed on who has the worst deal out of Natsume and Suzuka. Natsume is basically half dead, and her whole life was a lie. Suzuka's whole life was torture, and she's spent the last year with resurrected evil father figure who terrifies her. Both of their situation's are pretty terrible, but I personally think Suzuka's situation is currently worse, just on the basis that Natsume is currently free. Natsume is a fugitive, but she's free to run around to search for Harutora with all her might. Suzuka on the other hand, is not free and is being held by people that she either hates or scares her.
Old 2014-04-17, 12:44   Link #1949
zerozeronine

Quote:
She could be useful because of my second point.

she'd be a quick student, she already has a strong knowledge base so being around Saotome and Yakou would only improve her. Strong foundations only speed up the building process for a solid structure. She might've failed in the ritual, but she did bring her brother back, and she did a lot better than most people would have. She's also generally more knowledgeable than most people, like the main cast of part 1 for example.

Though, Natsume saving Suzuka sounds like a good deal too. Maybe after spending a year with her dad, and Takiko, both of which are purported "Yakou Experts" Maybe Suzuka could be really useful in Natsume's mission to find him. So that's a valid point, I'll concede on that. I actually more or less thought it better to pair her with Harutora because of her low battle ability, since being paired with the OP Yakoutora would make up for her weaknesses more than being paired with Natsume, but maybe Natsume will find a way to undo the seal and make Suzuka a strong asset. I think it could go either way, Suzuka could join Yakoutora or Natsume and it'd still be good story wise.

Still, I think we just have a difference of opinion in general. I'm personally mixed on who has the worst deal out of Natsume and Suzuka. Natsume is basically half dead, and her whole life was a lie. Suzuka's whole life was torture, and she's spent the last year with resurrected evil father figure who terrifies her. Both of their situation's are pretty terrible, but I personally think Suzuka's situation is currently worse, just on the basis that Natsume is currently free. Natsume is a fugitive, but she's free to run around to search for Harutora with all her might. Suzuka on the other hand, is not free and is being held by people that she either hates or scares her.
We still don't know why Suzuka is in Twin Horn and if needs saving,she might even be a double agent for Amami,feeding him info.

Natsume and Suzuka together looking for Harutora sounds fun

Natsume seems to be on par with the new divine General.And it's more interesting to see the 2 of them of them fight stronger opponents and win or at least get a draw,like when Natsume and Harutora fought the stronger Suzuka at the start of the story.
Old 2014-04-17, 12:47   Link #1950
anonfr

Quote:
We still don't know why Suzuka is in Twin Horn and if needs saving,she might even be a double agent for Amami,feeding him info.

Natsume and Suzuka together looking for Harutora sounds fun
It does sound kind of fun!
I do wonder if other people can undo the seal though.

I actually sort of wonder how the seal currently. Suzuka is supposed to be helping Takiko train, I feel like maybe her having a seal can get in the way of that. Would they unseal her every morning and reseal her every night?
Old 2014-04-17, 12:54   Link #1951
zerozeronine

Quote:
It does sound kind of fun!
I do wonder if other people can undo the seal though.

I actually sort of wonder how the seal currently. Suzuka is supposed to be helping Takiko train, I feel like maybe her having a seal can get in the way of that. Would they unseal her every morning and reseal her every night?

They might just make her use Familiars or they could just remove the seal since she's afraid of her father or they think so Hope she didn't join the other side and my double agent speculation is right.
Old 2014-04-17, 12:59   Link #1952
anonfr

Quote:
They might just make her use Familiars or they could just remove the seal since she's afraid of her father or they think so Hope she didn't join the other side and my double agent speculation is right.
I hope she didn't join the other side too. I'm worried she got brainwashed or fell to some other nefarious plight. She can be either captured or a double agent, so long as she's not evil. Again, what I said earlier about her having a good redemption story, I mean that. Don't ruin it, author, please.

I think they might have undone the seal. I mean, Takiko, her father, the other guy, numerous people in the omnyo agency/twin horn. They're all stronger than Suzuka already, even without the seal where she gets to be at full power, she's not that much of a threat. All things considered.
Old 2014-04-17, 13:36   Link #1953
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
I don't think this is so much of a case where saying either one life is worse than the other is meaningful because they both suck at level their at. So I think a comparison is kinda of moot. Suzuka's was getting better though once Harutora and co broke through her emotional wall... then Shidou came back and Harutora left.

BTW the anime's character designer posted this on her twitter:

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-04-17 at 13:54.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-17, 17:06   Link #1954
NectorPrime

What's the name of the character designer for tokyo ravens ?
Old 2014-04-17, 17:21   Link #1955
RDNexus

Atsuko Watanabe, according to AniDB.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-17, 17:41   Link #1956
zerozeronine

Quote:
I hope she didn't join the other side too. I'm worried she got brainwashed or fell to some other nefarious plight. She can be either captured or a double agent, so long as she's not evil. Again, what I said earlier about her having a good redemption story, I mean that. Don't ruin it, author, please.

I think they might have undone the seal. I mean, Takiko, her father, the other guy, numerous people in the omnyo agency/twin horn. They're all stronger than Suzuka already, even without the seal where she gets to be at full power, she's not that much of a threat. All things considered.
I'm really wondering what made her go with Twin Horn,she could have just joined up with Amami and Touji.Maybe we will see in volume 11 as Natsume will be coming back to Tokyo to meet some of the gang and hope Suzuka shows up.

BTW I really loved the anime of TR and after watching the first few eps,I realized STB,IS Date Alive and other harem type series are boring and lame and got me more interested to stories that are similar in tone like Mahouka and Black Bullet (limited comedy,a more serious plot and harem and fan-service are almost non-existent).
Old 2014-04-17, 20:51   Link #1957
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
I'm really wondering what made her go with Twin Horn,she could have just joined up with Amami and Touji.Maybe we will see in volume 11 as Natsume will be coming back to Tokyo to meet some of the gang and hope Suzuka shows up.
My best guess is Yashamaru did something to force her cooperation (not to mention Suzuka still suffering from trauma relating to him) or went willingly because she has something in mind to do there. I can't imagine any other circumstances she would go anywhere near them otherwise.
Old 2014-04-17, 21:07   Link #1958
NectorPrime

We'll I'm sure they won't try anything as takiko doesn't want to get on haratoras bad side anymore than she did after what happend to natsume so the only problem must be yashamaru so hopefully he's kept on a leash
Old 2014-04-17, 21:28   Link #1959
Iron Maw
Banned

Actually, given how committed she is to the Souma's Clan objectives Harutora's opinions may no longer matter to her. She wanted Yakou as comrade, but he rejected her so in sense their ties have been cut. Considering that Takiko is still going through with her plans with Genji they don't need Harutora for it.

I do agree that Takiko is unlikely to do anything to Suzuka as long as she doesn't impeded her. She isn't the type who wants unnecessary bloodshed at least as far as we have seen.
Old 2014-04-17, 21:33   Link #1960
NectorPrime

Yeah I see what you mean but I doubt takiko has given up on haratora just yet but I guess we will find out soon enough

Tags
action, fantasia bunko, harem, romance, supernatural