AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-07-07, 15:52   Link #2721
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Personally, I don't want Yuasa to be used as a supporter to get Utsu and Yuki back together, but prefer her to start being a strong romantic interest. For once, I'd like to see a char move past the 'stick with the first girl you had a relationship with' shtick I see just about everywhere else. She seems to have a different perspective on love than the other girls, and I think I'd be refreshing for Utsu to see different approaches to it than what he's presented so far(i.e. too pure pure boy).

Also, the Tooru thing has been kinda dragging lately. The biggest obstacle has been on Yuki's side; Utsu has had unyielding devotion to her, and any female threat has been pretty much null against him. It'd be nice to see Yuki have to struggle for what she gave up so easily, rather than Utsu regaining the determination to start going back after Yuki. However, I don't want the Suzuka syndrome to happen where
Spoiler for in the anime,:

I like Yuasa's design the best in this series. You gotta LOVE that hairstyle, those eyes, and those eyelashes X03. I never really liked Yuki's. She looked too plain. If I were to rate the females in the series on looks alone, I'd say:

Yuasa >>> Shou <=> Eri > Risa(the chest does it for me) > Yuki > loli.

Last edited by frubam; 2011-07-07 at 16:07.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-07, 16:07   Link #2722
Johnny
Working the bags...

Actually Utsumi needs to step back and take a break from females for awhile. Not jump headlong into another relationship. If he did whoever it is will be just a rebound and nothing more...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-07, 16:24   Link #2723
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Actually Utsumi needs to step back and take a break from females for awhile. Not jump headlong into another relationship. If he did whoever it is will be just a rebound and nothing more...
Hmmm, I kinda half agree with you, but after getting 'dumped' by Shou, Utsu also became depressed in the same way. It wasn't nearly as potent as this time, but still, I think there is merit in just being there during those times that make a world of difference. I don't think he should actively pursue a relationship, but not completely isolated himself from girls because of this. I don't want Utsu to give me that Yuki emo vibe =0(.
Old 2011-07-07, 16:55   Link #2724
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

He needs to get laid.

I'm totally serious.

:T

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-07, 17:04   Link #2725
Xagzan

I'm glad Yuki was there to hear Izumi say Utsumi hadn't been home. She's obviously worried cause she still has feelings for him, so it might do her some good to think her refusal to realistically address or face her problems may have resulted in something happening to Utsumi. Maybe then she'd think twice the next time she suggests breaking up instead of dealing with problems like a responsible young adult.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-07, 17:15   Link #2726
jzmagic
flargansbog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
I'm glad Yuki was there to hear Izumi say Utsumi hadn't been home. She's obviously worried cause she still has feelings for him, so it might do her some good to think her refusal to realistically address or face her problems may have resulted in something happening to Utsumi. Maybe then she'd think twice the next time she suggests breaking up instead of dealing with problems like a responsible young adult.
Well, it's not necessarily Yuki's responsibility for what happens to Utsumi. Let's say Yuki's dumping caused him to actually commit suicide. How was she to have known that it would be a life or death matter?
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-07, 17:48   Link #2727
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Personally, I don't want Yuasa to be used as a supporter to get Utsu and Yuki back together, but prefer her to start being a strong romantic interest. For once, I'd like to see a char move past the 'stick with the first girl you had a relationship with' shtick I see just about everywhere else. She seems to have a different perspective on love than the other girls, and I think I'd be refreshing for Utsu to see different approaches to it than what he's presented so far(i.e. too pure pure boy).

Also, the Tooru thing has been kinda dragging lately. The biggest obstacle has been on Yuki's side; Utsu has had unyielding devotion to her, and any female threat has been pretty much null against him. It'd be nice to see Yuki have to struggle for what she gave up so easily, rather than Utsu regaining the determination to start going back after Yuki. However, I don't want the Suzuka syndrome to happen where
Spoiler for in the anime,:

I like Yuasa's design the best in this series. You gotta LOVE that hairstyle, those eyes, and those eyelashes X03. I never really liked Yuki's. She looked too plain. If I were to rate the females in the series on looks alone, I'd say:

Yuasa >>> Shou <=> Eri > Risa(the chest does it for me) > Yuki > loli.
Well, tropes exist for a reason. "First girl wins" has been a successful formula for a long time. I know it can get boring but, fortunately for the industry, there's always another generation of new teens that are inexperienced with such tropes waiting in line.

Also, if a girl introduced half-way in the story "wins" in the end then naturally many readers are pissed for they have to wonder: What the hell have I been reading the first half for if it doesn't have anything to do with the ending?
As an author, doing something different is easy. Doing it good, however, is another thing.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-07, 18:53   Link #2728
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmagic View Post
Well, it's not necessarily Yuki's responsibility for what happens to Utsumi. Let's say Yuki's dumping caused him to actually commit suicide. How was she to have known that it would be a life or death matter?
Not her fault at all. This picture just make Utsumi a big loser if he kills himself in my eyes.

@frubam. Just admit it, you've a thing for blonde girls or maybe outgoing gals?

Do you like Nishino? (invade GE)
Old 2011-07-07, 18:53   Link #2729
Xagzan

Quote:
I knew someone would bring that up. I'm not talking about what I think, I'm talking about what Yuki thinks. I will be very surprised if she doesn't feel the beginning pangs of guilt like I mentioned, thinking how she hurt Utsumi bad and that if he goes off the deep end it would've resulted from her decision to break up (from her point of view). I'm expecting her to feel that way because she still has feelings for him. Not that Utsumi is going to kill himself, but I'd expect Yuki to take it as her fault if her mind started wandering to worst case scenarios.
Old 2011-07-07, 19:52   Link #2730
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Well, tropes exist for a reason. "First girl wins" has been a successful formula for a long time. I know it can get boring but, fortunately for the industry, there's always another generation of new teens that are inexperienced with such tropes waiting in line.

Also, if a girl introduced half-way in the story "wins" in the end then naturally many readers are pissed for they have to wonder: What the hell have I been reading the first half for if it doesn't have anything to do with the ending?
As an author, doing something different is easy. Doing it good, however, is another thing.
Yes, that is quite true. Boy meets girl, super power from emotion, etc. But I have to say, I am eager to see a series where the 3rd girl (first being initial crush, second being for relationship) be the ending girl. It's much more realistic. But what does realism have to do with fiction, right?
Old 2011-07-07, 20:05   Link #2731
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
@frubam. Just admit it, you've a thing for blonde girls or maybe outgoing gals?

Do you like Nishino? (invade GE)
Nah, not at all. I actually like blue-haired girls and the stoic archetype the most =03. I've never read Ichigo 100%, but I have seen a couple of anime eps. Still, I don't remember those chars too well to say =0\.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Who's to say it doesn't? As long as he progresses as a character, whether or not he ends up with the first girl shouldn't really matter. Experiences make you stronger as an individual(or weaker, depending on the experience). I mean, I know this is a shounen and all, so certain factors are a given, I'm just saying one's past does not need to directly correlate to the present or future.
Old 2011-07-07, 21:53   Link #2732
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Nah, not at all. I actually like blue-haired girls and the stoic archetype the most =03. I've never read Ichigo 100%, but I have seen a couple of anime eps. Still, I don't remember those chars too well to say =0\.

Who's to say it doesn't? As long as he progresses as a character, whether or not he ends up with the first girl shouldn't really matter. Experiences make you stronger as an individual(or weaker, depending on the experience). I mean, I know this is a shounen and all, so certain factors are a given, I'm just saying one's past does not need to directly correlate to the present or future.
I'm totally shock and amaze how lucky you're for not reading Ichigo 100%

I wish I can reread Ichigo 100% again without knowing the content (5th time reading it again)!
Old 2011-07-08, 12:33   Link #2733
jzmagic
flargansbog

Quote:
I knew someone would bring that up. I'm not talking about what I think, I'm talking about what Yuki thinks. I will be very surprised if she doesn't feel the beginning pangs of guilt like I mentioned, thinking how she hurt Utsumi bad and that if he goes off the deep end it would've resulted from her decision to break up (from her point of view). I'm expecting her to feel that way because she still has feelings for him. Not that Utsumi is going to kill himself, but I'd expect Yuki to take it as her fault if her mind started wandering to worst case scenarios.
She would definitely feel guilty about it if it were to happen, but ultimately she doesn't bear the responsibility of Utsumi's well being. I think everyone who knows him would feel guilty, not only just Yuki. She may have been the trigger for the event, but obviously there's much deeper issues that need to be considered if it drove him to suicide, and that's going to fall on his parents and other friends.

Quote:
Maybe then she'd think twice the next time she suggests breaking up instead of dealing with problems like a responsible young adult.
I guess I should clarify that I don't agree with this statement. You shouldn't be held hostage to remaining in a relationship EVEN if you knew there was a chance that the other person would do something drastic to himself. She was perfectly within her right to break up with him even if it was for the wrong reasons, and she shouldn't have to worry about what Utsumi would do to himself afterwards. Obviously if she cares for him and suspected there was a risk, she would have asked Utsumi to seek professional help or at least the counsel of his other friends.
Old 2011-07-08, 12:43   Link #2734
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
He needs to get laid.

I'm totally serious.

:T
This is true - it would solve all his problems.
Old 2011-07-08, 12:53   Link #2735
solomon

A tad off topic,

but isn't the whole magic sex pill cures all ails a little overrated?
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 13:22   Link #2736
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Yeah I'd seek professional help for following Yuki this whole time too.

TOUGH BOY TOUGH BOY

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 13:30   Link #2737
Xagzan

Quote:
I guess I should clarify that I don't agree with this statement. You shouldn't be held hostage to remaining in a relationship EVEN if you knew there was a chance that the other person would do something drastic to himself. She was perfectly within her right to break up with him even if it was for the wrong reasons, and she shouldn't have to worry about what Utsumi would do to himself afterwards. Obviously if she cares for him and suspected there was a risk, she would have asked Utsumi to seek professional help or at least the counsel of his other friends.
Except you shouldn't even be resorting to calling it "held hostage." That implies she didn't want to be with Utsumi, when it's pretty clear she did. She wasn't being held hostage, she was being immature in not honestly trying to deal with her issues.
Old 2011-07-08, 14:07   Link #2738
jzmagic
flargansbog

Quote:
Except you shouldn't even be resorting to calling it "held hostage." That implies she didn't want to be with Utsumi, when it's pretty clear she did. She wasn't being held hostage, she was being immature in not honestly trying to deal with her issues.
As I said before, I don't agree with Yuki's actions but she is entitled to do what she wants without having to fear for Utsumi's safety. She shouldn't bear more guilt than the parents and other friends if he killed himself.

If she knew that Utsumi would go missing for a couple of days, I don't think that would have changed her mind about the breakup.
Old 2011-07-08, 15:14   Link #2739
solomon

Quote:

TOUGH BOY TOUGH BOY
Now see this is true in a logical sense but theres two problems,

One, this is not good for uber drama

Two, there is an actual Japanese cultural hangup on seeing people for stuff like this that you dont have in the west so it doesn't suprise me that such a measure would not be considered.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 18:43   Link #2740
jzmagic
flargansbog

Quote:

TOUGH BOY TOUGH BOY
Haha same here.

Tags
being good sucks, drama, kento boss, romance, shoukento, shounen, slice of life, yukiumi