s.a.w..

Thanks for the info!
s.a.w.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-12, 10:58   Link #62
ndiezel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydreadzz View Post
Spoiler for Cheat Already Broken the Game Balance in my POV:
Wait, what? There were elves that could fly, if I'm not mistaken.
ndiezel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-12, 12:11   Link #63
zhinou

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydreadzz View Post
Spoiler for Cheat Already Broken the Game Balance in my POV:
What chap is that im at chap 100++ and he still does not get evolving weapon and flying skill?
zhinou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-12, 14:01   Link #64
s.a.w..

I would appreciate if anyone who has read farther could give some spoilers as to the direction of Xiao Yao and Lian Wan Er's game character's growth. Things like stat growth alterations, neat skills, and job titles. After all his first job change was so interesting...
Old 2015-02-12, 14:28   Link #65
eulataguhw

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.a.w.. View Post
I would appreciate if anyone who has read farther could give some spoilers as to the direction of Xiao Yao and Lian Wan Er's game character's growth. Things like stat growth alterations, neat skills, and job titles. After all his first job change was so interesting...
Stats growth alteration? I'm currently at 180 and between Xiao Yao and Wan Er, only Xiao Yao has a job transfer.

Spoiler for spoiler:

Last edited by eulataguhw; 2015-02-12 at 14:41.
eulataguhw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-12, 14:45   Link #66
s.a.w..

Quote:
Originally Posted by eulataguhw View Post
Stats growth alteration? I'm currently at 180 and between Xiao Yao and Wan Er, only Xiao Yao has a job transfer.

Spoiler for spoiler:
Cool! Thanks.
Spoiler for Ability...:
Old 2015-02-12, 15:00   Link #67
eulataguhw

Quote:
Cool! Thanks.
Spoiler for Ability...:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2015-02-12, 15:07   Link #68
s.a.w..

That's so cool...
Old 2015-02-12, 16:11   Link #69
jaydreadzz
Love Miku x Rin <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhinou View Post
What chap is that im at chap 100++ and he still does not get evolving weapon and flying skill?
Spoiler for well:
Old 2015-02-12, 16:18   Link #70
Valky
Radioactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by eulataguhw View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:
His original skill which he created at the start is SS though.
Valky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-12, 18:01   Link #71
bearzerger

Quote:
Spoiler for growth:
bearzerger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-12, 18:05   Link #72
bakato

So how's romance in later stages?
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-12, 18:07   Link #73
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearzerger View Post
Spoiler for growth:
So is this still going on?
Old 2015-02-12, 20:23   Link #74
eulataguhw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valky View Post
His original skill which he created at the start is SS though.
Ah yes... forgot about that.

Considering what I read from you guys, it seems Xiao Yao's current stats, equip and ability data given by the author seems to be cheat level. lol.
Old 2015-02-12, 20:29   Link #75
Hiyono

I know this has been said before, but DO NOT read icarus' version of Zhan Long. It's a disgrace. Out of curiosity, I decided to TLC just the very first paragraph of his latest offering, chapter 30:
Quote:
Originally Posted by original Chinese text
"寒风中,一抹血色匕首从阴暗中探出,直接划过了上将白起的喉咙,这26级的狂战士一脸骇然,已然明白自己 被偷袭了,前方,是一个漂亮女刺客,一身泛光皮甲,手里提着赤血匕,不是别人,正是月倾浅,布拉格的内定副 盟主!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by icarus' alleged translation
In the midst of fighting, Admiral Bai Qi felt the touch of a cold dagger edge striking at his throat. With a look of dismay, he realize that there was an Assassin attacking him under [Stealth]! When the Assassin came out of her [Stealth], it revealed the beautiful deputy chief of Prague – Yue Qing Qian. This beautiful Assassin move with such grace and swiftness while attacking with her Blood Dagger that Admiral Bai Qi didn’t have a chance to counter attack!
Putting aside the random inaccuracies ("寒风中" means "amid a cold wind" not "in the midst of fighting"; that's just one of many), that last line is literally COMPLETELY MADE UP. It's not in the source text at all! (It's not in the following line either, I checked). Forget guesslation, this is literally fanfiction.
Old 2015-02-12, 20:42   Link #76
s.a.w..

Is it possible that there are multiple versions? Perhaps one of the sources is old? Because comparing the two translations there are significant differences such as: Xiao Yao flirting with the hotel secretary, Dong Cheng Yue going with Xiao Yao and Wan Er or watching them leave the party, as well as details regarding the prostitute.
Old 2015-02-12, 22:21   Link #77
eulataguhw

People are still using Admiral for the Great Generals of the Warring State Period?

From what I can see from, Icarus' version has some difference to the original text. He took out some part and add in some part...
Quote:
"寒风中,一抹血色匕首从阴暗中探出,直接划过了上将白起的喉咙,这26级的狂战士一脸骇然,已然 明白自己 被偷袭了,前方,是一个漂亮女刺客,一身泛光皮甲,手里提着赤血匕,不是别人,正是月倾浅,布 拉格的内定副 盟主!"
If I were to translate directly, it would be something like
Quote:
Amid the cold wind, a bloody-coloured dagger appeared from the dark and slashed the throat of General Bai Qi. This Lv26 Berserker has a look of dismay and understood that he has been ambushed. In front of him is a beautiful assassin wearing a shiny leather armour and wield a bloody dagger. She is none other than the deputy chief of Prague - Yue Qing Qian
Like what Nandesuto said, the last line
Quote:
This beautiful Assassin move with such grace and swiftness while attacking with her Blood Dagger that Admiral Bai Qi didn’t have a chance to counter attack!
didn't even exist in the original chinese text.
Old 2015-02-12, 22:23   Link #78
DemiDomo
Rest in peace Monty.

^fan fiction.
DemiDomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-12, 23:23   Link #79
Diocar

Aren t you ppl over reacting? I would like to know how many other translators have their work checked out against the raws like you are doing now. Even more interesting would be to see how many of their translations are actually 100% acurate...
This hate vibe towards icarus is starting to be ridiculous! If the guy wants to do a bad quality translation of zan long what is the problem? Anyone who reads his work sees he isn t competing with gravity, he is a newbie translator trying to do speedy translations that even he says aren very acurate.
In my opinion if gravity ppl were smart they would use his work as a draft for theirs. No matter what ppl might say it would make them spend much less time per chapter and would be a smart way to do things, seeing as icarus isn t interested in cooperating with them.
However gravity folks rather whiny about icarus translating chapters that they have already translated several days ago but however haven t yet published. And even more intringuing is them saying today that their next chapter that should already be almost done for some days still has a lot of work to be done...
Diocar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-13, 01:09   Link #80
eulataguhw

I'm actually more interested in where he got those extra details from... I hope I'm not reading a different source that has lesser details.

Even if I'm bad at translation, and may be no much better than MTL, the very least I could do is to retain the original story. It's the least respect I can give to the author and the work itself.

@Those who read far enough...
Spoiler for A Qns:

Tags
webnovel