AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shana S OVA - Episode 01 Rating
Perfect 10 28 37.84%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 28.38%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 20.27%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 8.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.35%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.35%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.35%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.35%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-23, 16:29   Link #21
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
The first ep was pretty good. Great OP + ED songs as usual.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Old 2009-10-23, 16:34   Link #22
Raiga
tl;dr

Body switching situations are always ripe for comedy. XD Yuuji imitating Shana's catchphrase was hilarious.

Shana laughing at the end was probably the highlight ten seconds of this OVA ep for me. And the melonpan reward at the end... ahaha Wilhelmina...
Old 2009-10-23, 17:33   Link #23
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well it was alright. Personally never was that big with the body swapping episodes. Still some good moments in here though. Oddly I think the best ones were all around Wilhelmina. Was just great how she quickly ate the meal in order to rush out and then the mental shut down after the "I love you."

A tough time for Yuuji's body though. I mean damn Shana sure packed it away. Really he should have known that wouldn't be good and done something to stop her earlier. Too bad he got so worried about it.

Overall not bad.
Old 2009-10-24, 04:44   Link #24
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Loved the episode. A nice little comedy shop while we wait for season 3.

What I don't get though, is why we have ShanaxWilhelmina in the ED when the episode was clearly fully of ShanaxYuuji signs. That ended up feeling awkward and throwing the mood off quite a bit.
Old 2009-10-24, 12:58   Link #25
FFrank227

That was a great episode.
Old 2009-10-24, 14:55   Link #26
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Loved the episode. A nice little comedy shop while we wait for season 3.

What I don't get though, is why we have ShanaxWilhelmina in the ED when the episode was clearly fully of ShanaxYuuji signs. That ended up feeling awkward and throwing the mood off quite a bit.
Really? Because I kind of actually got the point of the episode. It was just the standard everyday life that Shana and Yuji would be doing when there isn't really a major story arc going on. Wilhelmina is around nowadays, so we have to know that Shana is living at the former Yukari Hirai residence rather than Yuji's room. It's just a typicality.
Old 2009-10-24, 20:40   Link #27
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam1638 View Post
Really? Because I kind of actually got the point of the episode. It was just the standard everyday life that Shana and Yuji would be doing when there isn't really a major story arc going on. Wilhelmina is around nowadays, so we have to know that Shana is living at the former Yukari Hirai residence rather than Yuji's room. It's just a typicality.
Errrrm, I never said the point of the episode was ShanaxYuji, but they clearly shined here. Then they throw a "Wilhelmina, daisuki" hug at the end, and it feels rather awkward.
Old 2009-10-24, 20:48   Link #28
Raiga
tl;dr

I dunno, I always saw Wilhelmina sort of as the awkward stepmom to Shana... or something like that. I.e. perfectly platonic daisuki.
Old 2009-10-24, 20:55   Link #29
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
I dunno, I always saw Wilhelmina sort of as the awkward stepmom to Shana... or something like that. I.e. perfectly platonic daisuki.
Oh yeah, I agree, "Wilhelmina daisuki" and ShanaxYuuji just don't blend that well in one episode like this, for........various reasons..............

First and foremost being that Wilhelmina would probably kill Yuuji before letting anything special happen between him and Shana.
Old 2009-10-25, 01:26   Link #30
rurupeceaue
2D-Girls Banzai!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Oh yeah, I agree, "Wilhelmina daisuki" and ShanaxYuuji just don't blend that well in one episode like this, for........various reasons..............

First and foremost being that Wilhelmina would probably kill Yuuji before letting anything special happen between him and Shana.
Probably one of the reasons why Alastor told them that they should take extra precaution in telling Wilhelmina
Honestly, Wilhelmina's motherly instinct is more like that of a protective-father-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
Body switching situations are always ripe for comedy. XD Yuuji imitating Shana's catchphrase was hilarious.
Favourite scene in the whole episode. It's like giving a whole new flavor of cuteness to her usual (spicy) catchphrase

...it's hard to do something when you don't have time because of work - missing my NEET days
Old 2009-10-25, 01:35   Link #31
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Haha, I was laughing the whole time. It was worth watching to just hear Yuuji say "Urusai urusai urusai!"

Seriously, hearing Shana talk like a boy and Yuuji talk like a girl was hilarious.
Old 2009-10-25, 08:08   Link #32
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

KugiRie acting as Yuuji saying 'Urusai! Urusai! Urusai' is absolutely adorable in a weird way. I never really hard Satoshi Hino voicing a tsundere, it's quite interesting.

Can a necklace produce sweat and have sweatdrops?
Old 2009-10-25, 14:42   Link #33
Race

This was a great episode imo. Shana laughing at the end was too cute..

Has anyone else noticed the thing with Shana's shoes during the school scene? She was in red high heels for the whole episode, but during the scene where they are running up the stairs at school (right before they bust in on the volley ball team changing) she is shown wearing grey flats..

Just something I noticed.
Old 2009-10-25, 14:50   Link #34
pigoz
YUKI.N>

Send a message via MSN to pigoz
I'm glad I heard "URUSAI!URUSAI!URUSAI!" again, I kind of missed my loli shana
Old 2009-10-25, 15:48   Link #35
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race View Post
This was a great episode imo. Shana laughing at the end was too cute..

Has anyone else noticed the thing with Shana's shoes during the school scene? She was in red high heels for the whole episode, but during the scene where they are running up the stairs at school (right before they bust in on the volley ball team changing) she is shown wearing grey flats..

Just something I noticed.
Well you can't enter the school without changing your shoes. :P

Yeah I dunno, that could either be an animation error or extreme attention to detail...
Old 2009-10-25, 23:55   Link #36
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Kugimiya Rie's Yuuji-in-Shana voice morphed into her Alphonse voice a few times there.
Old 2009-10-26, 08:30   Link #37
rurupeceaue
2D-Girls Banzai!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Kugimiya Rie's Yuuji-in-Shana voice morphed into her Alphonse voice a few times there.
LOL! I thought Shana sounded funny in the first line, guess I was right

...it's hard to do something when you don't have time because of work - missing my NEET days
Old 2009-10-26, 19:25   Link #38
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Shana-Yuji was more manly than normal Yuji and Yuji-Shana was more moe than regular Shana...I am disturbed...

Also I added avatars in the other thread
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2009-10-27, 15:27   Link #39
teelotes
·¥äkítðrý·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Seriously, hearing Shana talk like a boy and Yuuji talk like a girl was hilarious.
In my opinion it wasn't just the gender swap, but also their personalities that made it so interesting. Seeing Shana suddenly became hesitant and wimpy, while Yuuji turned gar, turned up the comedy factor.

The plot pace was also entertaining and the premise was put to good use. Shana was able to tell Wilhelmina how she felt towards her through the unique circumstances, although not directly. I also like the scene where Shana tried to kiss Yuuji; it's exciting to see Yuuji (though not really him) take initiative in that moment. Too bad it wasn't meant to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi View Post
Can a necklace produce sweat and have sweatdrops?
Alastor couldn't stand Yuuji's half-hearted urusai.

Alastor has always been portrayed as a serious, supervising role, dependable even in dire situations, so I didn't like how his anxiety was emphasised with the sweatdrops. I would have expected it to occur in the shana-tan franchise instead. However, given the light-hearted atmosphere, that brief moment that Alastor lost his composure and broke out in sweat blended in well with the flow. It would not be as funny without those visual cues.
Old 2009-10-28, 01:37   Link #40
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
They were strangely appropriate still while switched. Wow. Quite a few admittingly cute scenes, especially of Shana. And Prophecy rocks as would be expected for music in a Shana production.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Closed Thread